Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Update Clarification On Proper Locations For Submissions

As part of our continued revamp of rules and procedures we are updating in the rules the appropriate place to put Factory and Codex submissions. Our thoughts have always been that they must be submitted to the proper location for judging, and I have even stated this before here. However, since it's not down in the actual rules there appears to still be some confusion about the 'optional' nature of the Codex and Factory. To rectify this, the following has been added to the Roleplay Rules.

8. The Codex and Factory are optional for your participation on this board. However, if you wish to codify non-canon content you must use the Codex or Factory to submit it for approval. Blogs and faction discussions are not to be used for this purpose.

Faction discussions may be used for WIP or workshopping subs as ever, but they are not to be considered as actual submissions or linked as such.

This places everyone on the same playing field and no one can try and skirt the restrictions we have in place by simply posting a submission in a blog or hiding it in a faction.

What exactly does "codify non-canon content" mean here? Is the factory/codex still optional so long as we don't try to circumvent the submission process by creating a factory or codex item outside the appropriate forum?

E.g. I want to use a special blaster with unique properties that don't match a canon model as part of a story in my thread. Under these new rules, would I have to submit it in the factory before being allowed to use it in that thread or am I just not allowed to post a full factory sub for this blaster in my blog/character's biography?

Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom