Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction (Clan Ruus) ~ Throw it as far as you can

A Real Motherfucking Stormtrooper

f78e392518300bb3c98d33c118108eb567b8cb14_hq.jpg

Drego had only been to Old Mandalorian Space once in his life. Stories much older than he was, or even this iteration of his people, were told in these parts. A backwater planet like Concord Dawn had stories to tell a plenty.

Today was the start of a new one.

He'd ventured out with Selle Skern Selle Skern after the battle of Kiffu, originally as a way to buy his new friend a drink, but quickly it became something more. Both had found some semblence of comradery on the lightning planet, and he couldn't help but be impressed by the woman's bravado during the battle. But during their conversation after the battle, one thing became clear. Neither of them saw the Enclave as the way forward, and yet neither wanted to give up their ways as Mandalorian. Instead, they both sought a new path.

Drego certainly had no interest in falling back into enlisting in the GADF. No, they'd already burned that bridge. So instead, he put out an offer, not only to Selle, but to any mando in GA space wanting to find a new way.

Head to Concord Dawn. Find the Rock in the Storm. Build a new path.

What was 'The Rock in the Storm' you ask?

It was a bar. Because, in Drego's eyes, good ideas were formed within healthy vicinity of alcohol.

Tag:
Clan Ruus, any Mandos looking to find a new character arc outside of the Enclave War

Objective: Investigate offer
Tags: Drego Ruus Drego Ruus

Equipment:
Beskar'gam, lightsabers, healing supplies, EF-M401e Rampage, Healing Blaster type A
Accompanied by: Ti'zan Tal - male togruta about 9/10 gsy

Untitled197_20230429223501.png
A curious offer had come through via various channels to the Togrutan doctor at her home on Taanab. An offer to look for mandalorians who did not follow the path of the Enclave, but with very little information what this alternative path might be. She sighed to herself and looked at her son, she would probably regret this, but she wanted to know. The idea of mandalorians taking up arms against each other caused her pain and filled her wards with vod fighting vod. She was no fan of the Enclave, but since her brief tenure there, she had not interacted with them, save fighting along side some of their members against the mawite dar'manda.

"Keep your wits about you Ti" she said to the boy, getting tall like his father. "I have no idea if we can trust these people, don't be too quick to reach for your blaster, but trust your instincts and you will be fine." she said to the boy before they entered the bar. She took one last look up into space at the trail of debris that followed the planet through space from where it was cracked millenia ago. An interesting venue to say the least, she had friends on this planet, she might have to stop by and say hello.

The door clattered as the two Togruta walked into bar and looked around. It wasnt usually hard to spot a mandalorian in a bar, find the corner of the room with both the best vantage point of the doorway, but also the right lighting to brood alone with a drink. She looked around and spotted Drego Ruus Drego Ruus . "Su cuy'gar! vod." She called out, "Anshja of Clan Tal and House Solus" she placed her fist on her chest to Greet him.

This will be new... Selle looked back at the ship where her Basilisk was being worked on as she continued down the street. Saber Lance was finally ready for action, and she couldn't wait to see how they - and herself - would handle the field of battle, especially so far from home. But for now, she had a meeting to make and some black ale to drink. Taking up Drego Ruus Drego Ruus on his offer to come out to Concord Dawn was a natural choice for the Ranger - She'd always wanted to come to Mandalorian space and after meeting other Mandos out in the galaxy that weren't friendly to the Enclave, she had a new hope that there was something new that could be built.

Entering the bar, she spotted her compatriot - as well as another Mandalorian, occupying their place within the bar. Walking over and slapping a closed fist to her breastplate, the Ranger nodded before offering her greetings.

"Su cuy'gar, Vode. Selle of Clan Skern. You honor us."

Looking to the compatriot she'd fought alongside on Kiffu, Selle nodded before taking a seat.

"Drego! How's the Net'ra gal here?"

Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Anashja Tal Anashja Tal

Drego slapped a fist against his own chestplate as the two entered, smiling under his helmet. One he had personally invited, and one who had taken up the offer willingly. This would be a good day.

"Su cuy'gar to both of you. The Net'ra gal is fine out here, though the flavor is a bit strange compared to the stuff I brew back on barracks." He chuckled, letting them take a seat before continuing. "Drego, Clan Bralor...formerly." He paused, letting out a long breath. "But that's the idea of why we're here. I ain't gonna go on no crusade, but I also don't believe in the GA as the way forward. Fallin' in line with the GADF, putting on a new set of armor and a gun they give every grunt and their mom, that ain't being a Mandalorian. So...I'm offering a new way. A new clan. To both of you, and anyone who wants it. A Rock in the Storm. From now on, I am Drego, of Clan Ruus. What that is? Well...I wanna figure that part out over drinks."

Tag: Anashja Tal Anashja Tal Selle Skern Selle Skern

Objective: Investigate offer
Tags: Drego Ruus Drego Ruus

Equipment:
Beskar'gam, lightsabers, healing supplies, EF-M401e Rampage, Healing Blaster type A
Accompanied by: Ti'zan Tal - male togruta about 9/10 gsy

Untitled197_20230429223501.png

Anasha looked at Drego Ruus Drego Ruus and also introduced herself to Selle Skern Selle Skern . "Formerly is a big word when it comes to clan? I'd be interested to know why you left?" For most people she knew who had left their clan, they described it as like losing a limb, it was not the kind of change someone made lightly, and often not willingly. But she wouldn't push it, it was a conversation for another time perhaps.

As he talked, he mentioned his unwillingness to crusade, this was fine for Anashja, she too was not as interested in following the path of war as some others of her kind. "My vod found me when I was a yearling and I will be Tal until the day I die, so I have no need for a new clan, but I am very curious about this new way you are offering, and I certainly take one of those Net'ra gal." she smiled.

For a moment, Selle looked off into the distance, processing things as they went on. Nodding along to Anashja she spoke up, "I too don't seek to abandon Clan Skern, or the Rangers, but I certainly agree that our people need to find... a new way." Ituld Skern had essentially saved the young thyferran's life, and she wasn't one to leave him or the rangers so readily - but if this Drego Ruus shared in their vision, a new way for the Mandalorians to live their warrior culture without the reckless warmongering and senseless marauding, then she was keen to hear him out, and she felt she owed him at least that for fighting along side her and Minerva on Kiffu.

Grabbing one of the Net'ra gal bottles, The Ranger removed her helmet and sat it next to her as she sat down. "So what can myself, Clan Skern, and the Rangers do to help build this new path, for the good of all Mando'ade?"

Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Anashja Tal Anashja Tal

"When I joined Clan Bralor, they were a fine clan of warriors who fought alongside the GADF. Saved my ass, took me in when I was the last man of my platoon. Now they ain't fightin' for anything more than glory. I ain't about that life. I joined Bralor to fight back against the Maw. To follow the path of True Glory. What the Enclave is doing? That's not Glory. That's them looking at the biggest dog in the galaxy, and picking a fight to prove they still got fight in 'em." He paused, looking to Selle. "Back on Kiffu, I made my choice. I fought against my own clan, and against others. They don't want me back at this point, and I don't want them. I'm more than just a sledgehammer to smash in the enemies of Bralor. I'm my own Jag. And I say, if the Way they follow means fighting against the GA, I ain't got any skin in that game."

He slammed his mug down, looking to the bar around them. "Plenty of the folks here still the remember the days when the Mandos called this place home too. Mandalore, Concord Dawn. Anteevy. Plenty of folks still remember the old way. Now we gotta show them the new one. Treat the folks around here right, and we can convince them we aren't what the Enclave makes us out to be." He looked back to the two. "I still want glory. We all do. It's in our blood as Mandalorians. So...My new Way, my new plan to find Glory, is to retake the homeland. Establish ourselves on Mandalore, and here on Concord Dawn. Find a way to live free of the Enclave's influence. Push the Imps outta this space, and retake the worlds that we're named after. And once we do that...I don't know, I ain't a politician, I'm a warrior. But I know I don't wanna be doin' what the damned Enclave are. Maybe we go kicking down the door of the Empire of the Lost. They seem hellbent on getting involved, given those ships on Kiffu."

He looked to Selle, smiling. "You and the Rangers could probably help us do that much, yeah? I know the Imps still kick around this sector, and I heard some rumblings about droids, but I don't know if there are any other big threats around here."

Tag: Selle Skern Selle Skern Anashja Tal Anashja Tal

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

frostforge7_Dreamscape_surreal_scenary_dream_landscape_dream_wo_9de5b6ec-2c2f-4f7d-abad-05f5bd480041.png

The purple aura of the dreamscape bubbled around her. The landscape appeared to have an aura of warmth and comfort, but the air was bitterly cold. The cracked ground, floating islands separated by cracks of space and time, rumbled in a low monotone as Elise already struggled to balance.

"Well... I'm here. Lovely place, this is."

Balancing on the unstable ground, the Dreamseer jumped from one plot of land to the other. She was able to find her footing and look around again. Glowing lights illuminated the dark world. The grass blew in a bitter breeze which once again contradicted the warm appearance of this plane. Clouds and chunks of stone danced in the air, and galaxies swarmed above in rapid speed. At one glance, this was a welcoming grasslands. At another glance, it was a dangerous drop with the most frigid climate. Elise shivered, hugging herself. She was wearing the same kind of light, tribal clothes she would have been wearing on tropical Archais. The wind shredded into her exposed stomach and back, making her feel even more uneasy.

The Novanian looked above, at the constantly changing skies. The glowing, purple atmosphere covered this entire dreamscape in a fuzzy haze. Unsafe. Unsound. Despite first appearances. Looking up to the swirling stars, Elise frowned deeply. She remembered the words spoken to her the last time she sought him. And now, she needed him again.

"Arr'Huwal..."

She lifted her arms, opening herself to the heavens as she wobbled on the ground below her.

"Ancient One, you told me that I am not alone. Will you hear me now?"

Tears flooded her eyes as she spoke her heart's sorrow.

"There is no warmth. There is only the sting of war, the chill of bitterness, and the tearful river of betrayal. I've nowhere to go in this conflict I chose to partake in. What must I do? I am safe in Archais, but I can't hide there forever. I'm a Mandalorian too... And I want to do my part as a light in this dark galaxy.."

She reached up and rubbed her eyes, wiping the tears from her vision.

"I... Don't want to be alone out there. In the cold."

She opened her eyes, gasping as she saw the symbols of the Ancient Ones, large and bright like neon lights, glowing in the sky above. The galaxies around them slowed into order, and she felt the temperature of this landscape rise.

"How persistent must you be, to be demolished in will and joy, yet to still stand? You most certainly are my Seer's pupil."

Hearing Arr'Huwal's voice, wise yet mischievous, immediately gave Elise a security she had not felt anywhere outside the Dreamseer Coven's sanctuary. It was home.

"I must admit my amusement. I never know what you are going to do next. Except, for now. You will see, the path I show you."

The Dreamseer looked down, seeing that below the floating symbols of Archais' Ancients, there was a strange object in the distance. She tried to peer closer, but the mist and distance was blocking her.

"Wayii! Couldn't you have brought that a little closer?"

"No."

"Haar'chak."

Arr'Huwal's snickering echoed around her as Elise began hopping from platform to platform. The islands were long, and the gaps were thin. And yet, Elise felt like she was walking on a board on water. An entire life of physical training kept her going, but the balancing act was swiftly growing old. Weariness settled in as she slowly moved closer to the object. Now, she could see a large, floating orb in the sky. She recognized the planet instantly.

"Concord Dawn?"

Elise bit her lip before making another jump. She had to regain her balance, but began to move again. She sighed. She deeply revered the Ancient Ones, but she wondered how much Arr'Huwal was enjoying making her walk a mile. Perhaps, there was a lesson to this trek. Or perhaps, he was simply bored. She never knew with Arr'Huwal. It was... a swiftly exhausting game.

As she moved closer to the planet, Elise heard whispers. Names, "Lucien..."; wars, peace, and history. Mandalorians shouting in the distance, and strangely, another Shaman screaming for a lost friend. It was all so distant, however, that she could not even hear the names.

Eventually, she noticed that below Concord Dawn, there was a lone object on the ground, on top of its own island. The building stood in isolation, yet Elise suddenly understood where this building was supposed to be, and what it was.

"You are not the only Mando'ade dissuaded from the Enclave. You will find them there."

Elise nodded in determination, and she looked up. Arr'Huwal's mask floated in the sky, adjacent to Concord Dawn. Elise gazed up at the mask, and she smiled.

"Thank you, Ancient One."

"Be strong, Jac'Eli'Serum. You carry a heavy weight. But, you are not alone. You were never alone."

elisemaybe.png

Concord Dawn was such an important world to Mandalorian history. And funnily enough, the hotter and more tropical weather felt like home. Reminded of Archais by the similar fauna, Elise walked towards the door to the inn with great stride. Her red cloak flowed behind her, and her beskar'gam was freshly cleaned for this trip. Her Novanian Medallion Chains were coiled around her waist, intertwined with her utility belt. Symbols of great importance - her Mandalorian Clan symbol, the Mythosaur, Arr'Huwal's Dreamseer Mask - were etched into the medallions. Her weapons all were carried proudly on her person. The bow on her back, the several pistols at her side, multiple beskar blades, a retracted beskar spear. The sunlight bounced off the white paint of her buy'ce, the light glaring off her t-visor, as she pushed the door open.

Inside, the bar was surprisingly vacant. She spotted the beskar'gams of several vod on the spot, and her heart leapt with joy. After fighting on Lwekk, Elise had little interactions with Mandalorians outside the Enclave members who now called her traitor. Kranak Vizsla's granddaughter shivered just as fast as she had smiled. She was nervous, but she had been drawn way out here. And she trusted Arr'Huwal, no matter how much of a trickster he could be.

Approaching the table, Elise lifted her hands and pulled the red hood off her buy'ce. Her armor was still lightly colored enough that through the windows, light reflected off of her. The Mandalorian exile gave the group a mighty salute.

"Su cuy'gar, my vode. I am Elise Vizsla, of Clan Vizsla. I have heard that you too are in disagreement with the Enclave."

Her voice was strong, but sweet. This was an individual bursting with warm charisma. A sensitive soul with the inner strength to express her thoughts openly. Courageous, but also tender of heart.

"I would have hoped I wasn't the only one."

Perhaps, in time, she could hone the potential leadership skills she was budding. But for now, she at least was confident enough to face the Enclave alone - even though she had feared the isolation that came with fighting her own people.

Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Selle Skern Selle Skern Anashja Tal Anashja Tal

elisemaybe.png

Selle eyed the new arrival with apprehension, then curiosity, and finally approval as she approached them. Elise's armor, and the pride with which she took every step wearing it, spoke well of her Mandalorian spirit, and the heritage she carried with her armor. Glancing at the Rangers' mythosaur on her own right pauldron, and her own clan's sigil on the other, the Sirsahyav closed her eyes in thought for a split second, thinking of her own heritage.

The newcomer had a certain aura about her - this was someone who was confident with her, knew exactly what she wanted. Caring deeply for her Vode but standing with the strength to do whatever her conscience told her was right. If this new... Alliance were to work out, she would make for a great ally, and perhaps a good friend.

"Su Cuy'Gar, Vod. Indeed we find ourselves at odds with the Enclave's path. They have crossed lines that I believe will be to the detriment of all Mando'ade, and I fear we will all be seen as threats due to those actions."

The Rangers had never seen things eye to eye with the Enclave; that was all but guaranteed from the sects the groups found in their lineage. But even for their usual level of violence, the recent actions of the Enclave had soured their reputation to the Rangers, whose lineage could be traced back to the Cabure.

Selle considered the words of Drego. Indeed, the chaos in Mandalorian Space, and its surrounding planets, offered an opportunity. The alliance that could sweep away the ever-turning carousel of Imperial warlords, unite the clans of Mandalore and build a united front to defend the free planets of the region, could prove to these planets and the Galaxy that the Mandalorians weren't just a bunch of bloodthirsty warriors, but honorable soldiers willing to do what's right. She turned her attention to him to speak,

"I want to help where we can. Together, we can show the people of this sector who we are, and we can show the Clans that there is a better way."

Drego Ruus Drego Ruus Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Yet another joined the table. A good sign.

"Su cuy'gar Vod." He nodded with his helmet, welcoming the new face at the table. "I say we start here. Look for signs of Imperials on Concord Dawn. Chase them off and show the people of this world that we Mando'ade still seek to protect the people of Concord Dawn. I doubt the Imps still have that much of a strong presence on the planet, and between the three of us? Yeah, we should be able to chase off a bunch of rogue stormtroopers." He smiled under his mask.
"What'daya say you two?"

Tag: Selle Skern Selle Skern Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Upon being greeted warmly by the vod, Elise beamed beneath her buy'ce. It was a great relief, being treated with such honor once again. Elise had been growing used to the Galactic Alliance insisting that she do things their way, and the Enclave dealing with her like she was dar'manda. Her sister's ire flickered before her eyes, and the stinging pain vibrated through her bones.

Ah, yes, clearing out stormtroopers that did not belong here. At least, anymore.

Elise shook her head. She grew up on Archais, a former imperial world of the old New Imperial Order, or Empire in its dying years. As a shaman, she read up on that Empire's history. She could admire some of their own, such as the Pellaeonists. But the Tarkinists and more radical Felists had controlled much of the Empire's actions; actions that were dark and brutal. Despite being completely loyal to Archais, Elise was far from imperial herself. Even then, it was likely that this was not even the Empire's stormtroopers, but rather, the Empire Of The Lost's. And perhaps, it was her Novanian upbringing, but she never liked those guys.

She nodded, <<"The Empire fell a long time ago. And I know for certain that their stormtroopers are protecting culturally significant areas like Nirauan and Dantooine. In other words, we're dealing with the Empire Of The Lost. Karking imposters.">>

She shrugged, rather nonchalantly, <<"Eh, should be easy enough to handle them. Unlike the old Empire, this new order has no true loyalty or honor to keep them where they are.">>

She lifted her vambrace, checking her ammunition as she spoke, <<"But do we even know where their base of operations is? Where do we strike first?">>

Selle Skern Selle Skern Drego Ruus Drego Ruus

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:
Selle listened intently, her expression bearing a mix of strategic thinking and the resolve inherent to a Mandalorian, and a Skern.

"Your insights are valuable here - they aren't the same as the old Empire. They lack the same discipline, and probably aren't even up to the imposters' standards." Shani scanned the two before her, assessing their combined strength, experience, and what differences in combat style they might have to overcome. For a bunch of scrappy, half-baked thugs in stormtrooper armor, she didn't doubt that any one of them could do the job alone. Hell, my Dragoon could probably take them on even without me! But even so, this had to be more than just a cleanup it was a statement, a message, which meant they had to make sure that message was the right one.

"This is a straightforward task for a group like us. But we have to make it more than that - it's got to be a message to everyone on this planet, every Clan still in the sector, and to everyone else watching: We're not just a group of warriors but we're protectors, and we're here to establish a new peace in this sector.

I agree we need more intelligence - their base of operations, their movements, their own information networks. I doubt my Lance's Kom'rks landing outside of the town went unnoticed. I can have one of my men scout for a bit on his Basilisk. Even if he doesn't find them, it will almost certainly draw them out."

Shani looked pensive for a moment, on the one hand thinking of the strategy they needed to pull off, but on the other hand thinking of how they needed to go about this. They needed to set a precedent - such that when they retook Manda'yaim, it would be as True Mando'ade, rather than conquerors or crusaders.

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Drego Ruus Drego Ruus

Drego thought about that for a moment. His time as a bounty hunter told him there were several ways to skin this cat. "...I say we ask around. If these Empire of the Lost folks are in town, the folks around here are bound to have seen them, and if they've seen them, they've talked to them. Loose lips spoil a good hiding spot."

Tag: Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Selle Skern Selle Skern

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom