Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Clan Breaker

A CLAN OF MY OWN
Cathar-sunrise.jpg
Growing up on Concord Dawn, Kadan had heard stories of Cathar, of some legendary war fought eons ago, about how the Cathar people used deception and trickery to defeat the Mandalorians of old, so as retribution the Mandalorians returned and attempted to genocide the species to the last. Truthfully, he thought it was a bit extreme, wasteful, and not at all a real story. Obviously the Cathar people hadn't been rendered extinct, and even for all the bravado, genocide just didn't seem to fit with the cultural values he had been raised with. If someone bested you in combat, unless they broke established rules of engagement, then that was on you for not adapting to the situation. If nothing else, he chalked it up to some nonsensical fable that Mandalorians told their children so they learned not to take defeat lying down. Of course, he never bothered to share these thoughts with others. He had never managed to fit in with his people, and truthfully, he didn't think he truly would.

swge-concept-creation-28.jpg

But he hadn't written it off entirely. In fact, he hoped to find some surviving family, someone he could at least try and get back in touch with. He had been born of Clan Ordo, the blood of his ancestors was still in his veins, even if it had been denied to him time and again. Word of surviving Ordo clan members had brought him to this world, and when the Mandalorian Union had dissolved, he had heard rumors that his clan had not only survived the two sieges of Mandalore, but had made something of a name for themselves on the world. He wasn't sure what he was hoping for, but as he reached the space port and settled in at the Cats Paw Cantina, his mood darkened. There at the front of the cantina, was a poster looking to hire help in repulsing Mandalorians, many of which were guilty of slavery and attacking outlying towns. Guilt washed over the padawan, and seeped into the light combat armor he currently wore. He ordered a drink, put his credits on the counter, and began to embark on a long train of thought.

Had his people always been so misguided? Had they turned to slavery to keep their honor intact? He could only hope for his sanity, this was not the case. After enough liquid courage downed, Kadan had the nerve to put his name down for the bounty. If anyone was going to resolve this situation peacefully, he hoped it could be him. The bounty master said nothing, only sliding him a tracking fob and pointing him back towards the bar. Scowling, Kadan was about to question the Cathar man, only to have a clawed digit silence him. "Given this is a personal affair, you ain't the first guy we've had sign up for this gig. We got a reliable client coming to see this done properly, so you go back to your drink, and when they get here we'll send you on your way." The Cathar's tone was straight to the point, and from what little Kadan dared to gleam from his surface thoughts, he wasn't the first person to sign on for this gig. How many people had they lost trying to drive off a few Mandalorians? Probably more than a few. Taking in a deep breath, he slowly nodded, gripping the fob tightly into his palm, he withdrew from the bounty master, and took back his place at the bar.​
If nothing else, he could practice what he was going to say. It had been some time since he had spoken his birth language, hopefully he hadn't forgotten too much of it.

Kira Nym Kira Nym

hZFxlpS.png

Kira had never visited the homeworld of her race before. Largely because life had taken her in a different direction. She had grown up on Coruscant, as did her family before her. After being rescued by the Jedi she was brought up and trained by them, visiting sentimental places or having any connection to her past life wasn't really allowed. Not that she let that get in the way, given her history, but even in that case, she had no personal reason to come here. Cathar just didn't seem like a priority for her in her life. Now that the Mandalorian Union had collapsed and Cathar was independent again, it was in need of some help. There were reports of a group of Mandalorians enslaving some of the local population. Considering she can speak Catharese, or at least knew some of it from her family, it was natural for her masters to send her to Cathar to do something about the situation.

Arriving at the spaceport, she marvelled at the massive tree structure in the middle of the city. They were called City Trees, at least according to the holonet. The massive structure towered over everything in the city, and it's branches spread out far and wide. No wonder the space port was on the outskirts of the city. Even though this wasn't her birth place, she could understand why local authorities might not allow for people to fly so close to it.

Kira approached the residents, asking about the attacks. Some nearly assumed she was some kind of bounty hunter, given her dress. Her casual clothes didn't look like something a Jedi would wear. So she had to do some convincing to get anywhere. Eventually they pointed her to a bar; The Cats Paw, and told her that there's a bounty there. Good chance to get a drink, she thought to herself. As she approached, she sensed the presence of another Jedi in the bar. Once inside, she went straight to the bar, taking a seat next to the stranger she had sensed. "Give me something strong." She asked the bartender, slapping down some credits on the counter, which he took immediately.

She looked over to the stranger beside her, "You a Jedi too? New or Silver?" She asked him. The bartender arrived with her drink and immediately she downed it and asked for another.

"What brings you to Cathar?" She asked further. She assumed he was here about the slavers too but didn't want to jump on that yet. Silver Jedi being who they are (assuming of course he was one), she didn't know if their motivations were totally aligned.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

WISDOM FROM A GLASS
There was a shift in the air, nothing major, but it felt like a magnetic tug of sorts, a static that twinged between the ears of the padawan. There was another force user near by, though he only felt the faintest crest of their presence to tell they were not of the Sith. A small sigh of relief slipped from his lips and into his glass, as he drank the brown liquid with a bit of reluctance. Truthfully, he disliked alcohol, but he tried to view it as a practice of temperance. Often in life, one had to do unpleasant things to progress in life, so Kadan took to drinking as one such thing. Did he like it? No, but learning to stomach the foul drink would serve him well down the road; not drinking in a cantina after all was pretty suspicious behavior in some circles after all. So, he was learning to tolerate the beverage while he had the time, and waiting for this 'credible individual' to come along. He decided to refresh himself on his Mando'a until then, reading over the texts on his personal datapad, feeling the information coming back as if he had never lost it. It made him feel a degree of hope for the trial to come, perhaps his words could stir those of his kin. Perhaps not. Only time would tell.

His reading was interrupted as that sensation grew, the force user drawing closer. The form of a Cathar woman entered the cantina, moving towards the bar, before sitting beside him. She was the one he had felt, and with her presence close by, he could feel she was a jedi, or at least one who walked in the light. She began to inquire of his nature, seems she had felt him as well, to which the padawan looked a bit uncomfortable. He paused for a moment, not liking openly admitting to his loyalty to the order but he saw no harm in it. "I am of the Concord, but my business is of a personal matter. I suppose you and I are of the same mind?" He asked, sliding his datapad back onto his belt, his attention focused on the Cathar now. "Looking to track down family, though the news isn't...exactly great truth be told, but not much can be done." He admitted, his hand finding the glass and taking a sip from it. Sighing, his eyes found the Cathar, as he was now to ask a question of her. "My name is Kadan by the way, who might you be?"

As far as first introductions go, this certainly wasn't his worst. The force had arranged this meeting for a reason after all.

Kira Nym Kira Nym
hZFxlpS.png

"I'm New Jedi, and no, my mission is more official. Although considering we are both here, I'd imagine the Force has some plan for both of us in that regard." Kira said, in response to his first question. For the most part, she didn't mind the Silver Jedi, so long as they weren't siding with the Sith. She didn't really understand why there was a separation between the New Jedi and Silver Jedi to begin with. Having schisms and disunity is a trait of the Sith, or at least it shouldn't be a trait of the Jedi. That said, she could probably understand why nothing was being done about it. If asked what should be done, she'd state that the Silver Jedi should just be absorbed into the New Jedi, and suspected they would have an opposite opinion themselves. Ultimately such a discussion wasn't really relevant to this particular meeting and she wasn't going to let it get in the way if he didn't. Instead she just considered if they should join forces. It was better than attempting to approach a group of Mandalorians alone after all.

Kira raised an eyebrow when he mentioned that he was tracking down family. "Does your family also happen to be Mandos?" She asked, not really needing an answer so much as just picking up on some context clues. Now she could probably guess why this was personal. Jedi were accepted from all walks of life, including Mandalorians, assuming he was one. She wouldn't judge him on that if it didn't become a problem.

Then he shared his name, and asked for hers. "Kira." She responded, offering a hand to shake. By now the bartender arrived with her second drink but she didn't touch it until she properly shook Kadan's hand. She downed it not too long after though.

"Look, right now, I'm concerned about a group of Mando slavers. As a Jedi, I can't let that be. If there's a chance that they are your family or clan or whatever, then maybe you can talk them down. I'm not exactly a negotiator, and given they've been enslaving members of my own species, I'd imagine they won't want to talk to me. It would be nice if we could work together on this and potentially avoid some bloodshed." She suggested.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

TWO SIDES, SAME COIN
She was of the New Jedi Order? Was that so? Curious. Kadan nodded slowly, not exactly having a strong feeling towards the NJO in particular, though he felt that he should have joined their ranks rather than the Concord when the Sith alliance nearly happened. He did agree with her on one point in particular, the force had brought the together one way or another. "I would say so, not often two force users met in this fashion." His hand left the glass, resting on his knee know as he spoke with her. He had always desired to know what other force users believed in, what truths they found important. The Concord never managed to quell the questions nor conflicts he had within the order. Perhaps this Cathar woman could help with that, though given she was on a mission, it seemed they wouldn't have much time for pleasantries.​
He was about to inquire about her official business, curious as to what it could pertain to, when she beat him to it. His eyes widened for a split second, wondering how she might have known the identity of his family, though he soon realized it wasn't too difficult to work out. The marking on his saber would have given it away first and foremost. He still wasn't thrilled, his body tensing once the shock had run it's course. "As a matter of fact, they just might be." He said, his voice carrying with it a tone of sadness, his eyes sinking away from the woman, who he now knew as Kira. He caught the hand being offered to him, and squeezed it firmly, shaking it once. The woman turned her attention towards her newly arrived drink, downing it with a vigour that impressed the padawan. Then she laid out her reason for being here, to which the Mandalorian only sighed. He withdrew the fob and gently placed it on the counter, the metal disk rattling softly as it hit the bartop. Seeing as how the pair hunted the same group, it seemed reasonable work together on this mission. At least they were of the same accord, hearing that she sought peaceful negotiation made it all the easier to agree to a partnership. "That was my intention as well, though with my jedi ties, they might not be so easily swayed. Truthfully, I'd like to avoid bloodshed, for both your and my people, but the fact they ventured into slavery is something that's... difficult to overlook. But, I will do what I can." He affirmed, his hand brushing against the carved wooden Mythosaur symbol on his saber. Loosing a sigh, he glanced to her, nodding. "I got a rough idea of their location and tactics, all we need is a speeder. Ready to head out?"
He rose from his chair, credits being set as his bar tab was coveres.The tracking fob slid across the bar top and back into his palm as he pocketed it. He was tired of mulling this over. He was ready to go out and resolve this already.​

hZFxlpS.png

Truth be told, Kira had a few of her own reservations about the New Jedi Order. For one, it was stretched thin, attempting to fight wars with various Sith and Imperial organizations. Padawans are being thrust into Knighthood, like herself, to handle problems they might not be fully trained for. Neither organization was arguable better than the other if she really got down to it, it was just a matter of her own preference. In truth they might have had their reasons for temporarily siding with the Sith, just like New Jedi might have had reasons for prematurely promoting Padawans.

His response with regards to her question about his 'family' was what she thought it might be. The lightsaber was a good sign he was mandalorian but she also gathered it from the circumstances; two Jedi being brought to the same place with a bounty desk, both on a mission to find a group of people. It was troubling though. There was a reason Jedi were told not to seek family and personal connections out, and to leave them behind. Then again, she had already broken that rule herself, so she found it hard to lecture him without feeling like a hypocrite. Although there was still a chance they might not be apparently. Hopefully they weren't. It was a tough time for her when she figured out what her Father did.

He pulled out a tracking fob, likely given to him by the bounty desk behind them. After explaining what she was there to do, he explained that he could try to talk them down but there might be some difficulty. "It's worth a try at least." She added. Then he seemed ready to go. All they needed was a speeder. She quickly downed a final drink before tossing the bartender another set of credits. She didn't seem to have much of a reaction despite having had three drinks already.

"Bounty desk give you any useful info on them?" She asked the Mando-Jedi as they departed the bar.

The two walked for a bit to a speeder rental center. She decided to go ahead and pay for a two-seater. Once she was given the key she nodded and hopped into the driver's seat. Once her companion was seated, she pulled out and forward in the direction indicated by the fob. "So are you a Knight too? Or a Padawan?" She asked, hoping to learn a little more about her fellow Jedi before arriving at their destination.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

ON THE PROWL
Kadan had heard enough, and having sat pondering on what he might say, it was time to get down to business. Perhaps, seeing how the New Jedi Order conducted themselves would give him insight on how he should carry himself as a jedi.​
As the pair departed, she inquired on the information he had received. Though it was limited, Kadan felt certain they could find the warriors in question. "Well, kind of. The tracker will guide us to them, and the report I read mention they've been living in the badlands a few clicks east of Juhanni, and it's believed there are at least twelve of them. With the force acting as our guide, we will find them. They are of my clan, Clan Ordo, so I can only assume they will try and use ranged weapon and coordinated attacks if conflict emerges. Though, if I fail diplomacy, I could resort to a combat trial to minimize the deaths." There was a flicker of hesitation as he spoke, a flash of worry at knowing what such a battle would mean, but he continued the thought. "I'm unsure if I could best their batte-master however." Kadan fell silent after this, wondering if his uncle remained the battle-master. He had never found the man's body after Mandalore, never saw his name appear on any reports in the ensuing conflicts. Could the force bring them together here? Would it force him to kill his uncle as well?​
Letting Kira secure the speeder, Kadan climbed in, setting the tracker on the dash of the speeder so it could guide the Kira towards the site. His hair began to be blown back by the wind from the speeder, briefly making Kadan ponder when he should cut it again. But then Kira asked him of his rank, causing the padawan's head to dip in shame. "I'm a padawan, though I'm nearing my knight trials. My upbringing has caused issues with the order, and truthfully, without a dedicated master it's taken a long time to progress. Sometimes I wonder if I should have joined your order when I had a chance." He assumed she had to be a knight given how she spoke, but she couldn't have been much older than him. Perhaps she was truly exceptional, or started younger. "Though, I worry that even when I become a knight I will continue to be treated like an outcast, my ideals and beliefs don't mesh well with those of my fellows. Or, perhaps of the jedi in general." Kadan's hand stroked his beard, his gaze rising to face the horizon that Kira continued to race towards, the city whipping by as they continued. He glanced to her, eyes aglow with curiosity as he mulled the question that had caused such an uproar back on the temple. "Tell me, Kira. Do you believe a conflict can be waged for just reasons? And that to preserve life, we must at times take it?" It was a question no one had given a statisfactory answer to, or at least not one he agreed with. He felt it was relevant to the pairs current mission, as though these Mandalorians were vile in the way they acted, would it be just to simply kill them swiftly rather than risk the chance they escape? Truthfully, Kadan himself wasn't sure, he saw points on both sides of the looming conflict.​

hZFxlpS.png

Kadan mentioned what he knew of the Mandalorians they were seeking. He further added that he could potentially resort to trial combat to preserve lives, but wasn't sure he could do it. Kira wasn't sure what to make of such a primitive ritual but didn't mention anything about it. Although she grew up on Coruscant, she was still among a community of Cathar. Her people were also fairly war-like in culture. Early on she was often taught how to take care of herself, how there was honor in combat, and so on. She could understand his perspective, even if Mandalorian culture was still alien to her. "What would the consequences of this trial be? And is there a way to defeat them without killing them?" She asked. She realized she could probably help him in that regard, even without partaking directly. She wouldn't tell him that though. While it wouldn't affect her ability, she doubted that he would like her interfering like that. Nor would the Mandalorians for that matter.

Once they had a speeder and were on the move, Kira moved east as instructed, following the tracker beacon to their destination. He mentioned being near his trials but that his progress was slow and the issues he encountered in his order with his upbringing. "Things were a bit rough for me too. I broke a few rules on my way to becoming a Knight, and I still occasionally do." She mentioned honestly.

"Listen, I don't know if it's better in my order or not. Truth of the matter is, I have my own issues with it. For all I know, the best thing for you could be to train with the Silver Jedi." She said, in response to him mentioning that if he wondered if he should joined her order. "I not exactly a popular member of my order either, and I don't think that's going to change for a while. I'll always have the weight of my past decisions and identity. But I've never been afraid of telling them about my own problems with the order. Some don't take it well but plenty do listen to what I have to say. If you feel your order is really holding you back, you should definitely speak to them about it before trying to join my order."

She listened further as he expressed doubts about his ability to be a Jedi. "It's okay to conflict with the interests of the order, and it's okay to have faults of your own. So long as you try to work to improve them, you'll be a fine Jedi." She said, doing her best to be honest with him. It wasn't her place to recruit Silver Jedi, just as she hoped they wouldn't do the same to members of her order. More than that, however, she wanted him to genuinely follow his own path to the light. If the force had destined him to be a Silver Jedi, she didn't want to interfere with that. Ultimately it was his choice to make.

After a moment, he asked her about conflict and taking lives. She thought for a moment. "Yes." She said bluntly. "The force is life. Apathy is death. It's our duty to bring balance to the force. No Jedi ever wants to do such things, but sometimes balance requires fighting a few wars and taking a few lives. Just keep in mind, the why; to protect others, to serve the light, and to bring peace and balance to the force." She felt awkward lecturing someone like that, especially considering she suspected he was about the same age as her. It reminded her of what it was like to learn from the masters of the academy. If any of them could see her now, they'd surely get a kick out of it.

After a while, they eventually neared their destination. Kira stopped the vehicle a distance away by a ridge, hiding it behind some rocks while she attempted to observe it from afar. They appeared to be hiding out on the top of some plateau. Likely only accessible via air-vehicle or jetpack to most people. She considered that there was likely a trap waiting for anyone attempting to make the climb. Mandos in such a hostile environment would be smart enough and disciplined enough to do that. She kept her lightsaber close at hand. "Well, you think we should just walk up?" She asked, as she considered the climb that would be needed. She figured she could probably clear most of it with a force jump pretty fast but she would still be somewhat exposed. And she wasn't sure if Kadan could follow just as fast.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

FAMILY REUNION
He smiled slightly at her asking what the consequences might be. Oh, well there were several, none of which she would like. "Well, firstly I could very well die, and they'd attempt to enslave you. In the best case, I'd be pummeled half to death, and more than likely executed for my jedi leanings as well. Though that would give you a chance to escape." He admitted, though the idea of being killed in such a brutal fashion did not appeal to him. Not even in the slightest. "But if I were to win, and they held to it, yes. They'd be compelled to leave by honor, and no lives would be lost. I'm willing to risk it if needed, I think my skill adequate enough to handle a warrior should it come to it." A normal Mandalorian he could most certainly handle without any of his powers, but if his uncle was still in command, it might be a different story.

As the Cathar woman explained her stance towards the order, Kadan nodded slowly, understanding what she was saying, though finding the additional comforting words unneeded. He glanced to her, a small smile, as he stroked the side of his beard. "Make no mistake, I have no aim to leave the order. Not until I am of knight rank, but, I do wonder where I belong in all of this. I suppose we all do to some extent. But thank you for your thoughts, I'll keep them in mind for the future." He was going to have to keep fighting against the system it seemed. Assuming it was going to continue on as it had, being mistreated and spoken down to like he had no place among the order. Oh well, it was nothing new. He had dealt with worse, and just like everything else, he would continue to adapt. For that was the way of the Mandalorian. Or so he was told. He realized he had made an error however, as he was being lectured to by the Cathar woman, something he hadn't intended. Perhaps he needed to phrase his words more carefully, need he be accidentally taken on as a padawan.

If nothing else, he enjoyed her prospective on conflict. They seemed to share like minded views on the topic, which was refreshing, he was usually told that 'such thoughts are too much for you young padawan, go and meditate.' It was nice to get an actual answer this time. "Be careful not to take too much pride in your lectures Kira, else you might become as tiresome as the masters of old." He warned with a tone of amusement, his eyes looking to the tracking fob, as it indicated they were nearing the site. He knew what to look for thankfully, and as his eyes looked upon the plateau, and saw the signs of what was a basic sentry post. Camo netting hung from one of the cliffs, his eyes almost making out what he believed was the glare of a scope from within. This wouldn't be a simple run in, run out deal. This would be difficult. Kira asked for suggestions as she did her best to conceal their craft, though Kadan assumed there would already be a welcome party en-route. With that elevation, unless they didn't have watchmen, there was no way they could have missed them.

He pondered what to do for a moment, but came to a swift conclusion as he retrieved his fob. "I suggest we press forward, engage them on our terms, and hope for the best. If we stay here much longer, they'll come to us, and the chance for peaceful resolution will have passed." He advised, taking a moment to stretch, the padawan calling upon the force so he could keep up with the knight, giving the woman a slight grin. "I promise, I'll keep up. If you hear Mando'a, just let me handle it." He cautioned, as he would take up a position next to her, body eager to get up and over the obstacle, and get this mission started on the right foot..

Kira Nym Kira Nym

hZFxlpS.png

Kira nodded at Kadan's explanation of the ritual duel. A part of her wanted to be the one to do it but it was unlikely they'd let a non-Mandalorian do that. She'd need to trust the Padawan she was with. That said, she was confident she'd make it through a fight with the Mandalorians. If his life were in real danger, she'd step in if she could.

Kira admittedly got carried away. She saw a bit of herself in this Padawan, and didn't want him to repeat mistakes she had already made. It was good that he wasn't planning on leaving his order yet, and he seemed thankful on her input regarding conflict and death. Kira did chuckle at the comment about her lecturing. "Sorry Kadan. Didn't mean to bore you." She said with her own tone of amusement.

Once they arrived at the location, Kira asked if they should just approach. Kadan warned that if they sit around too long they might be perceived as hostile, and that they should just approach. She decided to trust his judgement. Kira decided to walk at first, not wanting to run or speed up to the plateau and suggest some kind of attack. If they were watching, she figured it would be best to suggest that they just wanted to talk. As she got about half-way to the plateau, she was met with a warning shot, which landed just a few meters ahead of her. Shortly after, a number of individuals flew out from the structure, and descended upon them. Kira drew her lightsaber but didn't ignite it, instead keeping her battle awareness and her battle precognition up. Ready to intercept any blaster bolts fired her way, or to dodge if it got too heavy.

Thankfully, none of them had tried to do that yet. A few landed around them, keeping a good distance, weapons raised and aimed. A few more remained hovering in the air, also cautiously keeping the two Jedi in sight. Kira looked to Kadan, "That was fast." She commented, not saying much more to let him do the talking.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
It was too quiet, and truthfully, Kadan should have said something. Done something, yet he didn't. He knew they were being watched, only a fool would thing other wise. The pair hadn't even gotten that far before a warning shot was fired, the ground sizzling from the heat. Kadan's saber was already unhooked, pressed firmly against his palm, though he kept his weapon from igniting. The blaster shot was quickly forgotten, as armored clad figures fell from the sky, gliding into position around the pair on their flame belching jetpacks. It was odd, honestly Kadan had expected something more aggressive, perhaps they were trying something new. Or they just wanted to play with some jedi.

One of the warriors landed, his armor a sleek platinum color, his shoulder gleaming from battle scars and marks of glory; signs of a veteran battle master, not one to be taken lightly. Mando'a flowed in the air between the two, the silver helmed warrior spoke. "<I was told you had died, with your mother, and your sister. Probably for the best, your passing would have only marred their glory, Kadan.>" The padawan's face slumped, realizing that it was indeed his uncle, and this was not a good situation to be in. Kadan spoke back in Mando'a, motioning to Kira to hold, as he stepped forward; only for the rest of the Mandalorian warriors to level blasters at the pair. "<Uncle Jaster, these people you attack will bring you no honor. I've come here to challenge you to honorable combat, for the release of the Cathar slaves, and should I fall, I will->" A harsh laugh drowned out Kadan's words, coming form not only his uncle, but the rest of the warriors as well. Much to Kadan's frustration. Jaster spoke now, in common, as he drew a vibro-sword and aimed it towards Kira. "If the Cathar want their people back, they'll have to fight for them, and not send my whelp of a nephew to do battle with me." Kadan's face morphed into a scowl, the padawan looking to Kira, and sighing, having to hang his head in defeat. "What say you jedi? Can you stomach a fight? Or does cat got your tongue?" The warrior mocked, taking up a combat stance, his blade held now with two hands, feet positioned shoulder length apart, perhaps hoping Kira would leap right for him. Kadan closed his eyes, reaching out to Kira, hoping to advise her in the fight ahead.

Kira, be cautious. He uses his jetpack to maneuver around his opponents, and line launchers to try and wrap you up. Aim for the shoulder plates, they aren't pure Beskar, one good slice should cut right through.

It wasn't much, but that was the best he could do, extending his knowledge towards the Cathar jedi, hoping that she could best the warrior before them.

Kira Nym Kira Nym

hZFxlpS.png

There was a shift in the air, as the Mandalorians had turned their attention to Kira. It was clear that they would rather fight her, either seeing Kadan as lesser or... She'll have to get to figuring that out later. "Kadan came here on his own." She said, hoping to defend his honor with a bit of the truth, even if it was likely they weren't going to believe her. "But if you want to lose, I'm happy to oblige." She said, irritated by his apparent rudeness toward Kadan and lack of regard for her people. She didn't know that he was Kadan's uncle, not being able to understand their conversation in Mandalorian, but she likely would have been angrier if she had known.

She ignited her lightsaber as she took the Ataru stance, lightsaber up and to her side. Her eyes met her opponent's, even through his helmet. She heard Jadan's warning through the force, considering the information he gave. She would have to thank him later. Kira was the first to move, reacting the moment just before her enemy engaged his jetpack. Her precognition guiding her through visions, giving her a glimpse at her opponent's next action. He was going to go for an overhead strike! Kira raised her lightsaber to intercept his vibroblade, the two weapons briefly clashing as the two passed each other. As Kira landed, the Mandalorian made a sharp turn and flew directly at her. She dodged to her left, staying just out of his reach as he passed. He turned his body as he passed, his gauntlet launching some kind of grappling line. Kira foresaw it with her precognition and dodged it. However, her opponent didn't aim to grapple her with the device. It instead attached itself between a pair of rocks behind her, one end on each rock. The grip devices keeping the wire taut, a trap that he would utilize soon.

Kira attempted to strike back this time, using the force to accelerate her movement and close in on the Mandalorian as he turned to attack again. Using one hand she struck his blade with hers again, shifting it out of the way as she used her other hand to grip onto her enemy's jetpack, tearing it from his armor as the two collided and fell away from each other. As the two separated, he managed to shift his blade around her, slashing her right arm. Kira roared as she felled and rolled, her free hand gripping her right shoulder to protect the wound. He enemy was similarly knocked to the ground as the loss of his jetpack made him lose control of his fall. The jetpack flew away loosed and landing somewhere in the distance, exploding as it impacted the ground. Kira inspected her wound. A normal cut by a blade or even lightsaber would have made this minor but the vibroblade worsened the injury even more than it otherwise would have been. It cut deep, and if he had managed to strike deeper, he might have been able to dismember her arm entirely.

"Is that all you have Jedi?" Her rival said, attempting to provoke her into attacking. It worked. Using the force to compensate for her injury, she charged forward, going in for a jumping strike, her leg and blade extended before her. Using her battle precognition she was able to see his counter move ahead of time. While she moved her blade to intercept it, her lightsaber striking the blade out of his hands. She then struck him with a kick in the chest, knocking him back as she landed before him. She proceeded with a side strike which he evaded with a charge, grappling around her torso before she could strike. She pushed back as he attempted to bring her down, skidding back and to the right so as to avoid falling, using all her weight to stay upright. Eventually they rotated around, and he suddenly pushed her away, straight into his trap.

Kira fell back into the wire trap laid earlier by the mandalorian, the wire releasing and springing around her. Little repulsors spun the two ends around her wrapping up most of her body until they came together behind her, claws wrapping around each other and securing both ends into one wire. Then the devices pulled the wire, making it taut again and tightening the wire's grip on her body to an extreme degree. She fell limp, letting her lightsaber extinguish itself before it could come down on her and cause more damage. The wires pulled even tighter, beginning to dig into her skin and clothing. She moaned harshly in pain as the wires tightened even more, seemingly in response to her struggling to get free of it. Her opponent retrieved her weapon and started to move over to finish the duel.

Kira's continued struggles and anger only seemed to worsen the situation. She remembered a time similar to this. A little trap one of her masters had put her into, although that was more forgiving. The trap was intentionally made to be infuriating. The only way out of that trap was to calm down and relax. To think and to get guidance from the force. She had failed her first time and needed her master to let her out of it but Kira relented until she could finally get it. She reached back out to that moment of understanding. The moment where she reached peace and found a way free from the trap device. She did the same now. Using the force, she telekinetically sabotaged the mechanism on the wire, forcing a release that gave her enough space to break free. She jumped away just in time for him to strike the ground where she was. Using the force she brought her lightsaber back to her and came down on his shoulder, where Kadan had indicated his armor was weakest. It cut through, shallowly tearing through his shoulder but not quite cutting it clean off.

The Mandalorian screamed in pain, gripping his injury. Kira used the force to push him to the ground. She kicked away his blade and keeping her own pointed at him as he wriggled in pain on the ground. "Yield!" She demanded, her face expressing her frustration and fury, barely being held back.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

TUMBLING DOWN
Kadan watched on, wishing he could give quicker feedback as Kira fought, but knowing any attempt to warn her might cause a lapse in focus; and his uncle wouldn't hesitate to kill. Regardless, he watched, part of him waiting to jump in if it looked as if Kira might not win, but he had to hope she could triumph. He could not shame her by breaking the rite. The fight continued, and as it did, Kadan could see his uncle was gaining an edge, starting to get into his flow as he began to take the knight seriously. He was about to warn Kira to end it quickly, to finish him before he could do the same to her.

In a fantastic display of bladesmanship however, Kira had followed his advice, slicing through the weakened pauldron of the armor, and causing his uncle to falter; Kira jumped on the opportunity. In seconds, she had the battle master on the ground, at her mercy. Kadan was stunned, as were the rest of the man's entourage.

For a long moment, no one spoke, the hum of Kira's lightsaber being the only sound, until the chuckle of his uncle was heard slowly rising. He spoke basic, raising his injured arm up. There was a flair up of anger that was sensed, but it soon mellowed, as if the loss hadn't bothered him. "You fight well, but your jedi ideals hold you back. You could have finished me off earlier." He chuckled, seemingly taking the loss well. This immediately set a red flag off for Kadan. His uncle hated losing, and as he landed about, the rest of his uncle's warriors seemed to straighten. They were waiting for something, but what? Then he noticed something he had forgotten. His uncle's raised arm held his most powerful weapon, whistling bird missiles. His uncle had no intrest in fighting fair anymore. "I suppose this is when I yiel-"

"Uncle, no!" Kadan couldn't chance it, he reacted without thinking, there wasn't enough time to warn her. He threw his hand out, grabbing his uncle's wrist, as the missiles fired off wildly, their course ruined by the padawan's action. Several missiles struck into the Mandalorians, stunning the surviving warriors in the process, as well as the battle master. The elder Ordo reacted quickly, his injured arm coming up, firing a cone of flame towards Kira, as he attempted to rocket out of the knights reach.

"Kill the jedi! Kill them!" He ordered, leaving his sword behind now as he drew blaster pistol, what was left of his soldiers opening fire on the pair.

Diplomacy had failed, and in spite of everything, Kadan had no choice but to reignite his saber. He would need to destroy the rest of his clan.

Kira Nym Kira Nym

Last edited:
Kira sneered in annoyance at the elder Mandalorian's comment about her morals holding her back, a bit of her feline fangs displaying in the gesture. Still, thankfully things had calmed down. She admittedly felt a bit tired after that duel, having to use the force to enhance her body to make up for any disadvantage the seasoned Mandalorian had over her. Not to mention her injuries...

Just as the Mando was about to "yield" Kadan interrupted him, intercepting his arm as little rockets flew out of his guantlet, launching little projectiles that flew everywhere. Her precognition warned her of three that was heading her way, despite Kadan's efforts. Two to upper torso, one at her head. She immediately side-stepped and swung her lightsaber, intercepting two in one motion, and following up with a second to intercept the last. The lightsaber cut it and deflected it's remains just before it could do some damage. So it seems there would be no yield. Wait... did he just say uncle? Kira didn't even notice the Mandalorians gathering around them, anticipating the order to strike now that Kadan had interrupted. She felt her anger rise as she refocused on the situation, attempting to calm her self so she can focus. She had to remember not to let it over come her, or worse, to use against them.

Kira juked backward to avoid the spit of flame from the elder Mando's flame thrower, choosing to regroup with Kadan instead of attempting to pursue further. As the blaster fire started, she focused on deflecting as many as she could, and assessing the situation as much as she could. Two bolts to the upper and lower torso, three to the right arm, who aims at an enemy's arms? She shifted, intercepting the two at her torso, and letting the three pass her as she side-stepped. "You realize I could have killed your Uncle right?" She said to the padawan beside her, moving to deflect and dodge more oncoming blaster bolts. "Any chance we can defuse this?" She asked, wondering if there might be a more peaceful option, even if she personally doubted it. More shots to her right arm. Seriously, who is doing that?

She decided to throw her lightsaber at the perpetrator, the weapon flinging and finding his blaster hand, severing it, before returning to hand. Just in time to defend against more blaster bolts.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

GIG IS UP
He was very aware that she could have killed his uncle, but the truth was that his uncle wanted to die. Not out of some suicidal desire, but to die in a glorious battle rather than wither away from old age. It was all they cared about truthfully, that's all his people wanted to do it seemed. Die in combat, or die trying. His saber was out, knocking away blaster shots left and right, but there was a truth that he couldn't ignore. He would have to kill them. "No, no we have nothing else we can do now." He answered, still knocking back shots, one of the blasts striking a Mandalorian out of the air, his jetpack exploding as he struck the side of the cliff. He didn't want to say anything, but he could sense the conviction in the Mandalorians, they were confident that they would die here, and they saw nothing wrong with it. It saddened Kadan, knowing they were throwing their lives away for only glory and conquest. Nothing else. "They came here to die, they're wanting to die. This is the battle they want." He sighed, sadness mixed in his words, as Kadan did his best to sever his emotions from the situation.​
With that, Kadan rushed forward, calling upon the force as he focused on his uncle, deflecting the shots that the older man sent his way. "You're just like your mother! All you do is bring shame on the clan, consorting with force users. You're weak, just like her." He shouted, firing a wrist rocket towards his nephew, which Kadan knocked off course with a force push, prompting his uncles jetpack to short out from the kinetic force. But this battle master was no chump, he managed to land skillfully, and prepared to fight, a vibro blade emerging from his knuckle plates, as he moved towards Kadan. "I don't want to do this, but you're giving me no choice." "You made the choice to go down this path, you aren't worth the dirt you stand on you mud stomper!" His uncle replied, as the two moved to engage, blade on saber, exchanging kicks and punches when they could. They were both skilled, but the injuries his uncle had suffered made him slower, age had taken a toll on his reflexes, and Kadan found himself able to work through his defenses.​
The rest of the Mandalorians attempted to surround Kira, two firing grappling lines to try and catch her, the other two firing their blasters in an attempt to score a hit. Their jetpacks seemingly were low on fuel, as the four began to slowly sink to the ground below, giving Kira her opening to take them all out if she so desired.​

hZFxlpS.png

Last edited:
Kira was concerned about the notion of Kadan's family wanting to die, and how willing he was of accepting that. But she realized that he was probably right. She just hoped they'd put up a good fight. She wasn't going to execute anyone. Kira watched as Kadan went off to face his Uncle, probably for the best, but not a situation she'd want to be in, if she were in his shoes. She had already dealt with her own family though, despite the Jedi's teachings, it would be hypocritical to stand in the way of his own. She just hoped it wouldn't lead him to darkness. Kira called upon the force, using her battle meditation to assist both Jedi in their fight. They would both feel renewed confidence while their enemies would feel doubt in their ability to win.

Despite that, it seemed the clan felt that Kadan's uncle could deal with Kadan alone, because the rest seemed to draw their attention to Kira instead. Kira foresaw the grappling lines coming at her through the force. I won't fall for that trick again. She moved to slash the lines, severing them before they could really tie her up. The first line was easy enough but then she received more precognitions of incoming blaster bolts. She intercepted one, and barely managed to severe the second line before it can wrap all the way around her. There was a soft thud, as blaster bolt met flesh, impacting on Kira's left leg, just above the knee. She cried out in pain but shifted her attention back at her attackers. It seemed even with the disruption of battle meditation, her attackers were still very capable. She'd need to reduce their numbers if she wanted to survive this.

She jumped at the nearest grapple line thrower, using her good leg to get off the ground. He drew a blade attempting to strike out at her. She foresaw that slash to and swung to intercept it, but it wasn't laced in cortosis. Her lightsaber cut through it, and then cut through his torso, killing the attacker instantly. Another Mandalorian, a female, didn't seem to take the death of her comrade well. She charged at Kira, drawing a vibroblade and swiping at her wildly. Normally an emotionally distressed opponent would be easier to counter attack, but being a seasoned Mandalorian made her capable even when she wasn't thinking properly. It didn't help that her movements were restricted by her injuries so far, and that the other two remaining Mandalorians were firing at her, despite their friend potentially getting caught in the cross fire.

Kira leapt up into the air again, this time tossing her lightsaber at the two Mandalorians giving blaster fire. She hit one, using the force to redirect her blade to the other. The other managed to dodge it this time, he had already lost his arm earlier when he was trying shoot at Kira, and she retaliated with the same move. Although he wasn't as accurate using his off-hand, he was still pretty capable, nearly hitting Kira as she recalled her saber. She charged at him, deflecting his blaster shots. She hit him across the torso, her blade shallowly entering his flesh, knocking him down. She would then turn to see the vibroblade wielding Mandalorian strike at her again, her opponent's movements still wild but honed. Kira attempted to move back but her injured leg restricted her movements. She diverted her attention momentarily to stay balanced allowing the Mandalorian to bind her blade and disarm her.

Kira dove forward, tackling her opponent to the ground. She then wrestled for control of the vibroblade. Her best efforts could only lodge it from the Mandalorian's grip. Her foe responded by shoving her fingers into Kira's arm wound, recieving a spurt of blood for her efforts and a cry of pain from Kira. The female Mandalorian then shifted, forcing Kira to the ground and her to be on top. She landed a punch on the downed Cathar before Kira could dislodge her enemy's hand from her wound. She then used the force to push her off of her and away. She quickly got up, griping her arm would with a spare hand.

"I'll kill you for what you did to Rezi!" The remaining Mandalorian said, grabbing a blaster rifle from amongst her comrade and getting up to aim at Kira. Kira reached out to the force, looking for anything she can use to defend herself. She was too injured and worn out to jump or sprint away. Instead she used the force to levitate a rock nearby. It will have to do. Just before her opponent could get a clear shot, Kira launched the rock as fast as she could. It impacted her helmet, breaking some of the glass visor, and forcing the Mandalorain to fall limp to the floor, but not before a blaster bolt from the Mandalorian's weapon struck Kira in the shoulder, just above her good arm. "Fething Sithspit!" She called out in pain.

She turned to the battle between Kadan and his Uncle, choosing to focus on her battle meditation to assist him. It was the best she can do to help in her state at the moment. She enhanced his precognition and cast further doubt into his Uncle's mind, as good as that was against a Mandalorian.

[ Bright4 Bright4 ]​

Last edited:

A WARRIORS END
He had never been his uncles equal during his youth, but he was no longer a child of ten fighting a man in his thirties. He was a man of twenty five fighting a warrior in his forties. The speed was lacking, as was the coordination. Age had gnawed at the Mandalorian, and his recent loss to Kira had done something to him. Perhaps given him a taste of that what he so desired, and yet was denied; a clean death. Saber met with blade, as his uncle had always thrived with his knife play, though Kadan was no slouch with his own saber work. A blade lock ensued, the two pressed hard, weapons clashing, sparks flying as neither would give ground. It would stalemate long as one of them refused to back off, or changed the field of play; so Kadan acted first. A new sense of awareness came over him, and he found a weakness in his uncles stance; his driving leg was too far forward. He stepped to the side, shifting the locked weapons upward as he took his leg and swiftly kicked right into the unarmored side of his uncles knee. He felt the bone give, Kadan's kick being empowered by the force, and his uncle unable to properly brace against the strike. His saber was free, his uncles wrist blades knocked loose and to the side, and giving the jedi the opening he needed to finish the fight.​
In a flash of instinct, or perhaps mercy, he did just that. He pulled his blade inward, gripped the pommel with two hands, and thrust the blade right through the center of his uncles chest. The Mandalorian had not time to dodge, nor seemed to even attempt it. He merely took the blade, and faltered. Jaster Ordo hit the ground, a burning hole through his chest, with Kadan's hilt following in quick succession.​
Any surviving or still conscious Mandalorians would fall still, seeing their battle master slain by his own blood no less. A slow withdraw would be issued, combat was over, and the jedi remained victorious. They would depart, having no reason to stay anymore, their little clan was shattered, all by the hand of a fellow Ordo and his Cathar ally. There would be no glory this day, only shame, as one of their own had completed his betrayal. Kadan knelt by the body of his uncle, sadness etched upon his face, as he would remove the man's helmet, to find the smiling face of the elder Ordo, who had seemingly found that peace he had fought so hard to obtain.​
Kadan's shoulders sunk, his head bowing as he held the helmet in his hands, and muttered in Mando'a the funeral rites of his people. His uncle had never shown him kindness, respect, or anything akin to what one would expect from family. But his blood flowed through Kadan, as a warrior of clan Ordo; he deserved at that much at least. "<Take this warrior into the halls of Mandalores past, see to it his thirst is quenched, his hunger sated, and he knows his valor has been proven. May we all follow his example, and strive towards it for when death bests us on the field of battle. For this we say of Mandalore, this is our way.>"
He bowed his head once more, the stinging in his right eye foretold the single tear he would shed this day, before slowly placing his uncles helmet back upon his face.​
Looking to Kira, he quickly swiped at his eye, and rose, inspecting the skirmish that had just been waged. They had done well, given the numbers. "I believe your people will be in the camp up ahead, we best make haste before my people grow desperate." He put the grief he felt aside, for he had time enough to grapple with it later.​
Right now those people needed to be free, he could wrestle with grief later.​

hZFxlpS.png

Once Kadan had won against his Uncle, Kira lowered the battle meditation she projected between the two of them. Looking around, she found that the bodies of the armless and the vengeful Mandalorians were gone. They must have survived the encounter and left after seeing Kadan's uncle fall to his blade. They likely predicted that they'd be able to get away if they ran before Kadan and Kira can reach the captives. Annoyingly for Kira, they were right. Priorities.

Kira limped to Kadan. "I'm sorry it had to come to that. And that you were the one who had to do it." She said, once he had finished saying his final words to his Uncle. It didn't take him long to realize she was there though, and for him to decide that they should go to help the captive Cathar at the Mandalorian camp.

"Agreed." She said, wanting to say more but deciding not to. She appreciated that his first concern was helping her fellow people.

Despite the injuries she had suffered, ascending the plateau wasn't too hard with the help of the force and Kadan. It was likely a nice distraction from what was on his mind. She didn't exactly know what to say to him, and didn't want to distract him. There was still a chance that there were stragglers and that they could be ambushed at the top. Thankfully, they didn't feel it was necessary to ambush during the climb. Once they reached the top, Kira scanned the camp in search of ambushers. So far, nothing.

"Do you think they left after the battle ended down below?" Kira asked Kadan before moving to release some of the captives.

Last edited:

CLAN BREAKER
He didn't say anything initially,merely taking a moment to gather himself. He didn't feel quiet right, a small bit of numbness had started to spread within his chest, and he could only ponder as to what next needed to be done. "It was meant to be. Nothing to be done." His attention turned to Kira, finding that she was injured from their battle, and felt a ping of guilt at the occurrence. He wasn't trained in healing, not to the level he was comfortable with, but he attempted to do what he could. "Let me help with that, give me your hand." He suggested, offering his hand to Kyra, feeling sharp pain in his side as he did. He frowned, a brief study revealed that he had been stabbed after all. Nothing serious, but it'd scar. He got off easy. He would attempt to sooth her pain, unable to much in the nature of healing, he could at least stall bleeding and diminish her suffering; though he felt a bit spent at having done so. "Apologies, was never much of a healer." With what aid he could render now given out, the pair began to continue the travel up the trail.​
He would do what he could to assist Kyra, though between injuries and fatigue, he felt that he wasn't much use. On the bright side, he hadn't seen a trace of a Mandalorian showing themself. Reaching the top, he found there to be no obvious traps, nor signs of a set up. Probably the first spot of good news since he arrived on the world. Seeing as how Kyra would be the best to communicate with the Cathar prisoners, he let her continue forth, the padawan remaining on guard as they began their liberation effort. He kept his focus on his sense, looking about, trying to see if there might have been something lurking within the silence, a concealed trap that longed to be free. But nothing came. "I think we're safe, though we have another problem." He looked back to her, smiling slightly. "How are we going to get all of these people back to the city?"

hZFxlpS.png

Kira could tell that although Kadan wasn't outwardly expressing his grief, it was definitely there. Understandably so. Kira had never directly confronted family like this, and had never needed to take one of their lives. She could only at best guess at what he was thinking. He offered to help with her wounds, and she let him, offering her hand. He was also injured but not seriously, as the two of them discovered. She felt relieved as the force flowed through her to address her wounds. They were ugly but nothing that some bacta and medical treatment later wouldn't fix. He apologized for not being able to do more.

"It's alright. I have a knack for getting myself beat up, so from my experience, I think you did pretty good." She reassured him with an appreciative smile.

At the top of the plateau, once Kira was certain there was no immediate signs of danger, she got to work freaking the prisoners, cutting the locks of their cages with her lightsaber. A few seemed bewildered or scared, but she managed to reassure them that they were both here to rescue them. One particular girl seemed too frightened to leave the cage. It seemed she was perceptive, and managed to spot the symbol on Kadan's hilt.

"<It's the same as the bad .>" She said in Catharese.

"<It's okay, he's not with them. The bad men are from another group, and he's different.>" Kira attempted to reassure her, not getting very far.

She looked the girl in the eyes and said. "<I know you've been through a lot. Your parents aren't here are they?>" She asked.

"<No. They took me when I went out to play in the yard.>" The girl explained.

"<He and I are Jedi, we both swore that we would bring you home. No matter what. Okay?>" After a few moments the girl seemed to eventually provide some trust, letting go of the cage bars she had been grasping and stepping out with Kira. As they left, Kira felt something grasp onto her hand, and she instinctively turned and ripped her hand away. It was the girl, who was simply grasping for her hand. Kira seemed confused at first but then finally recognized. "I'm sorry." Reluctantly letting the little girl take her hand.

As Kira approached, Kadan confirmed that everything was safe, and that there might be an issue in getting all of the captured slaves back to town. "That's alright, I'll call the authorities with my comlink and tell them that it's clear." She pulled it out and started setting the frequency to make the call. In the meanwhile, the girl clutched to Kira's side, staring concerningly at Kadan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom