Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City rain and hunger pain [Open]

howard-ortiz-sherwood-cyberspunk-stoke-with-rain.jpg

image by: Howard ortiz
Heavy Rain falls all around as travelers don their trench coats and let out various devices to help block the rain from falling on them, street stalls put up awnings and the people huddle under what little cover is provided as they move from stall to stall using the lights from the neon signs and street lamps to guide their way, all them are looking for some interesting item or maybe just something quick to eat, it is a common saying amongst the locals you never know what or who you will find.

Various stalls litter the street most selling scrapped parts and second hand goods, others are mom and pop stores with their younger generation manning a small register while they sell their crafted goods, some stalls offer more lucrative services for the underbelly and some are lavishly dressed with bright red lanterns adorning them, all in all there is much to be found for those with the discerning eye.

A young zabrak mutters and curses under his breath as pulls his tattered and grease stained poncho to above his neck, walking to the nearest scrap vendor he pulls a satchel to around his front and begins to haggle with the man over what appears to be scrap door electronics and various other miscellaneous electronic parts, a few moments go by and the store owner puts on a happy scowl as the young Zabrak looks displeased before handing over the electronics and getting a small amount of silver order chits, walking off the Zabrak looks around for food stall

"Harken nerf herder, coulda got more if i want to Zoroista's but she will make me fix a bunch of her garbage to sell as well...to much work for too little reward" stopping in front of a rations stall he stocks up on a few Bread portion rations before looking at his ever dwindling chit amount, "Next to none left lets see....3..4...5...80'ish left" sighing he looks at his original food stall and then at what appears to be a more rustic looking one with more rustic looking prices "guess its buckwheat noodles and nerf nuggets for dinner again.." walking along he passes a small wooden box on it is a sign that reads 'Hosnians home for the lost' two small children seem to manning a copper bowl placed on it, not letting it out of their sight, a few silver order chits of various denominations lay in the bottom of it, sighing again he reaches into his chit pouch and drops a few in before continuing to the stall talking to himself "As always Buckwheat noodles are my favorite..",

Getting to the stall he sits down shoulders and head soaked from the rain and orders an extra hot plate of noodles and waits to be served.

A small figure slowly wormed its ways through the crowd, the personal body covered with a heavy winter coat, a thick head of black hair covering their face from most sides. It was a simple cover, one that most ignored as it was common but at the same time was quite protective of ones identity, not that she'd expect anyone around here to know her identity. Through the echoing pitta patta of rain a small beeping sound coming from her wrist, a sound that she knew the meaning of, "observation, nutritional energy levels below optimal parameters, new objective set, find establishment from which to source sustenance".

Quickly the crimson eyed girl scanned the surrounded area,sniffing for the tell tale signs for some sort of restaurant to dine at, preferably a small one, like a store that sold something cheep but filling. It didn't take long for the girl to spot a place meeting said parameters, her figure darting through the crowd like a fleeting shadow, her presence somewhat suddenly appearing a the street booth. Her cold emotionless eyes staring up at the owner, her poise being quite stiff and robotic like. "Query, what sort of food items does this establishment serve and what are the pricing for said items"?

​While awaiting a reply her gaze shifted to the other person at the stall, gauging them for a few second making a mental record of them. 'Male Zabrak, mid to late teens, possible threat level intimidate, further observation required'. Her silent stare then suddenly shifting back to the owner as if nothing had happened.

[member="Bokan"]

Seeing another potential customer the Besalisk chef responds in a deep but inviting voice "Mainly just buckwheat noodles made here from scratch but the buckwheat is shipped fresh from corellia. got some nerf meat or if that's too tough for your teeth some synth meat other then i could throw in some local vegetables" as he finishes his sales pitch a fresh batch of noodles is given to the Zabrak, who in turn hands the Besalisk two ten silver order credit chits.

Smiling at his noodles he picks up a two pronged fork as well as a spoon from nearby before shoving a piping hot portion in his mouth, clearly too hot for the Zabrak but sucking in some cold air he keeps his mouth shut before chewing and slurping in the noodle strands hanging out of his mouth "itsh treap brut grood" eyeing the girl from his side view he notices what he considers fancy clothes staring for a longer time he gets the odd sensation he gets when he looks at the control panel of a door or a droid thinking to himself 'couldn't be a droid she looks too human [member="Ay Ge"] and she's definitely not a data pad, but she does speak in that odd way... nah too lifelike' but continues to stare all the while shoveling noodles into his mouth.

Ay silently nodded to the Besalisk as the explained the range of food available. "Answer, I will partake in one of these dishes with the addition of Nerf meat for protein as well as vegetables for the necessary fiber". Though it probably wasn't the most healthy meal around it certainly sounded as it seemed to hit all the main deity aspects of a full meal. Ay slipping a hand into her coat pocket and pulling out to retrieve the necessary credits, placing them on the counter and taking a seat, neatly folding her hands in her lap, patiently waiting for the food.

It didn't take long for the chef to return with a hot bowl of the noodles as thy duo were the only customers there, Ay giving a small thank you. Her gaze once again turning to the Zabrak, though this time her eyes were directed to the mans hand movements and use of utensils, slowly her own hand picking up the necessary tools mimicking the body movement of the other customer. The only difference between the two mainly beeing the girls lack of any reaction upon putting the noddles to mouth, from neither the taste nor heat.

[member="Bokan"]

Still eating the Zabrak turn to his food but occasionally takes side glances as the lady as she prepares for her meal 'is she a noble or something...whys she sitting all fancy like?'..maybe that's why she talks weird' never met a noble before' turning back to his meal he begins to happily slurp up some hot noodles, only a few moments pass before the lady's meal is done and being served that he gets a tingling feeling in his spine before looking over and noticing the lady staring at his hands as he uses the utensils.

Seeing as she's about to put a whole bunch of noodles in her mouth without blowing to cool them down "oh hold up they are...." he gets cut off as she seems unfazed to the heat "...hot, doesn't that hurt?" clearly stunned how this Hosnian lady is fine

[member="Ay Ge"]

The pale skinned women would partake in her meal at a steady pass, not slurping on them to much, keeping a refined look as she ate. Though upon hearing the mans question Ay placed the utensils to the side of the bowl, looking to her side once more. "Answer, the heat energy contained within the water of this dish is not at sufficient temperature to cause first degree burning to ​my epidermis". "Query, what is the purpose of inquiring into the safety of my heath and the danger posed by the heat of this meal"? Her speech still not showing any signs of inflection or change that came with even the most rudimentary droids capable of communicating in other languages. Her gaze staying on the Zabrak waiting for an adequate answer to be given before she allowed herself to return to the noddle dish at her front.

[member="Bokan"]

Seeing that his question made her stop eating and focus her full attention on him, he begins to scratch that back of his head "i think...concerned maybe,or just being friendly ....i dont know the food is hot..." letting out a forced chuckle "dont let me interrupt you, the food will get cold" he quickly slurps up some more noodles as rain pitter patters in the background.

looking from the side of his eye again "hey..say are you a Novian noble lady or something?.."

[member="Ay Ge"]

The rain poured like he had never seen before. The rain and the thunder reminded him of the dark side.

His first step into the core worlds had given him a bad taste, but they did have one thing he wanted: Food. Back on Dantooine Red would always eat foreign cuisine prepared for the acolytes by the chef droid. The extravagant culture of the core worlds was always accompanied by lavish food, or on a special occasion the chef would serve Coruscanti street meat. Hosnian Prime was close enough to Coruscant, so Red figured he be able to find some.

Red sat down at the counter of a shabby restaurant, but it smelled so good.

"Good Sir! Can I get 3 meat rations?"

"Of course you can, not many people asking for those." the server said.

He looked around at the other two patrons who were having an awkward conversation beside him. The server brought out 3 slices of non-descript meat. Red wouldn't ask.

He bit into the warm, tender brown meat slice. The flavors counterbalanced the texture of the meat, and it was very good.

First, he eyed the girl at the counter. She stood almost droid-like, and spoke awkwardly with the Zabrak. Red made certain to hide his lightsaber. Starting something in the core worlds would quickly ruin his journey...

[member="Bokan"] [member="Ay Ge"]

Ay's gaze continued to linger on the man, a hand going to her chin as she processed their words. "Statement, from observation you appeared to have a reaction to the heat of your own food and thus formulated an understanding based on that experience which you in turn related to me as I had purchased a similar meal". "Thus using this accumulated knowledge presented an argument after my own actions as it conflicted with your prior findings and as such have proposed a 'concern' due to suspected risk".

"Gratitude, I appreciate the concern for my well being though such worry is unnecessary at this time" Ay giving a small bow as thanks to the Zabrak though she did not yet return to her meal as another query was posed. "Answer, you do not have the necessary authorization to access that particular information at this time, as such I am unable to confirm or deny your question". Her body finally turning back to the noodles that sat in front of her though the women's eyes didn't her crimson gaze scanning the new arrival.'Second mental profile being made, male human, planet of origin unknown, age, late teens early twenties"'

[member="Redoran Karr"] [member="Bokan"]

Looking awkwardly at [member="Ay Ge"] as she talks 'the way she talks i think my gut was right she is definitely a droid...and not a noble lady, but i've never seen such a lifelike mech' his thought process is quickly interrupted by a newcomer who he eyes for a split second before returning to the droid?, "umm... sure miss that about sums it up"

noticing the droid lady looking at the new comer and the new comer seeming to be a bit uneasy he tries to put on a friendly smile and return to his noodles, at this point the broth seems to no longer be boiling hot but still warm enough to give off a bit of steam on this cold rainy day.

pulling out a datapad from his satchel he lays it out on the counter and starts to flick through a checklist filling in information, he leaves it open so that anyone who wanted to read it could but who would invade someone's privacy at a noodle shop let alone some kid.

sell loot: done {got less but we can stiff him later with some nice looking junker krell}

Good deed for the day: those orphans were at it again scrounging up what they could, dropped a few credit their way

Find way into silver order temple grounds:

map the temple:

slice and dice temple:

drop loot at drop points for alter collection to be sold:

mumbling to himself "alot harder then a space ship.....you can just pretend to be some cheap labour and grown ups don't look twice specially if you are in rags...."

It was that time again; Chkhoz was to have his suggestion to visit a scrap market acknowledged by his Wookie Trader comrades. They had been in the system to sell unspecified cargo to a few local companies in a more commercial area of the planet. So with fresh credits, and a healthy, re-fueled fleet, the crew had no issue in spending some leisure time on-world. Even if the scenery at the time could be seen by some as lousy.

Chkhoz exited the freighter that he and three of his Wookie companions manned in their travels. Shortly after, two Wookie Traders followed behind him before dispersing among the more big-time stalls. Pikeyy's eyes however, were set on more basic shops. His latest goal was to procure materials for a weapon of some kind, of any kind really. His Wookie friends sported powerful bowcasters, while Chkhoz had no weapon of his own, and he wanted to change that. It seemed like a good investment to make, in a galaxy like this where power grows exponentially essentially everywhere.

He wandered for a little, but his compound eyes, due to the showering rain, made spotting anything resembling affordable junk or cheap electronics a little difficult. He found himself near some food stands sheltered from the pouring rain, noticing a humanoid who stuck out a little from the rest. He was red, and had pointy edges around his face; different from the multitude of creatures he's seen in his travels. He seemed to be enjoying his food very much.

From his spot, Chkhoz stood, looking around for the sort of sales he was looking for.

@Bokan

Another short nod of recognition came from Ay as the Zabrak made his hesitant remark, "apology, I am sorry that my actions have caused you to worry unnecessarily and keep you from your food, in future I will make efforts to properly inform you about my present actions to avoid such misunderstandings". With that awkward exchange of words over Ay returned to her own food, quickly and efficiently downing the rest of the noodles and broth before the other man present spoke up towards her. "Answers, no I do not require you assistance in any matter at this current time".

[member="Chkhoz Pikeyy"] [member="Bokan"] [member="Redoran Karr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom