Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CIS, Who Are We?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I just joined for the very reasons described in the OP. I'd say it's doing pretty well. I can be who I want them to be as a character and now be persecuted or chastised for little details. We aren't invading half the galaxy or spreadng "democracy" to every stretch of space like a hungry wildfire. In my opinion, that's as good as it gets, ghis place is paradise.

To make a long story short, this is the only major faction of current that has not ruined itself or the game. :)

If we were ever to be invaded or vice versé, it would be an honor to defend it, because it's with a fair cause.

Hard question. Honestly, I wasn't pleased about Barab, but I was in no position to offer much more than "this probably isn't worth it."

Here's the thing: I like IC justification for all of this crap. I don't trust deals made on Skype or in PM's. Yeah, some people meta-game. Screw 'em. If an alliance isn't written on paper, I don't really feel the need to back it up. Were we attacked by the Suns? Were we aggressed in any way? Not from where I can sit. We just got used by the republic, with next to no pay-off.

One of the things we talk a good bit about is freedom. For me the one way this faction should be at its msot free is that it remains free of entanglements. I feel like most of the other factions on this site have so much baggage. It wasn't the Republic that ended the Sith, it was baggage and ego.

Honestly, invasions and dev threads are nice, but the minute we start running errands for other factions in these wars, I'm a bit less than happy about it all.

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Leader of the True Mando'Ade
Basicly I joined for the opportunity to get back into things without a whole lot of Stress...

and while I havn't seen a whole lot, the comments on this thread and my own Experience as Mandalore of the Pale Blade lead me to believe I can try to offer my own two-cents...

The thing is, what you guys are doing to admirable, trying to frame a new faction as a Semi-Good Guy...I tried and failed to do the same thing the Mandos. But with the Sith and other Not-so-moralistic Factions out there, even willing to use Skype and Skype Friends to trap you(Trust me, this one actually happened to me), You need to know when to be Pragmatic, and when to kick someone in the balls when their down.

One, I think what you guys are hinting at is that the CIS contributed to Dogpiling the Sith Empire? GOOD! If they even have the slightest chance of Victory, BAD THINGS HAPPEN! Look at what's happening now, Darth Apparatus and the One Sith launched a Skirmish on Fondor... If they win there, how long until they try something on one of our planets?

And the Black Suns? They need to be kicked in the Balls. The fact that we attacked Barab means they're nearby, so they needed to understand to not mess with us. The Black Suns are BAD!

Maybee I'm wrong, but I think we can be a good guy all we want, but we need to remember when to Drop the Babyface act.

Oh, no worries, I have multiple contingency plans. As it stands, the CIS has the most powerful military (not counting Graug) in the known Galaxy. We are the kids that you don't screw with, and no one would dare face the Dreadguard. We have FUs Sh***ing their pants. The Sithies know they can't touch us, we're allies with the Republic, and our clones are designed to slot forcies alongside our regular military.

We know when to jump in and show everyone that we're the good kids, and if anyone tries to steal our candy we'll shove it down their throat. The Suns aren't a threat to us. they won't touch us, because they know we'd slot them. Best to leave them to whoever they try to bother, because that helps us in the long run.
We just keep from pissing anyone off, helping our allies, and building our massive defense, and we should be fine. I really do appreciate your comment by the way. :) It's good to see more people that know we need to make sure no one will so much as look at us, let alone try and push us around.

@[member="Alliera Nakamura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom