Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CIS Adaptive Holographic Camo Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
confederate_army_camo_varients_by_goeliath-d85lez9.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To provide the forces of the CIS with more adaptive camouflage
Image Source: [X]
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: CIS
Affiliation: CIS, Kalinda and CDF
Model: Confederate Holographic Camouflage
Modularity: Ability to change shape, colour, size and texture of the holographic camouflage templates
Production: mass
Material: Electronics, hologram components, durasteel

SPECIAL FEATURES
Changable pattern templates for use in all enviroments
Can combine multipe devices to cover more of an object

DESCRIPTION
One problem with any military especially big ones like the CIS is the cost of manufacturing armour or droids for each environment they are deployed into especially if you also want your soldiers to have some sort of camo. To decrease the cost of making forest, urban and desert variants of uniform the CIS decided why not use the power of holograms to provide a cheap and easy alternative. Now the CIS can just attach the device to a set of armour and it will be green for the forest of endor and then light brown for the sands of tatooine.

Strengths:
Easy to add new pattern templates to the device with differant scales, textures and color
Allows a user to have a quick and easy way to change their camo without changing uniform
Device is also able to work with droids, ships and vehicles but need multipe devices if the object is bigger than a vulture droid

Weaknesses:
It is a hologram thus it does not provide any protection from blasters
It does not make you invisible as it is not cloaking device.
If the device is shot or hit with an emp it will in most cases shut down
The device is only meant to make it harder for the naked eye to see you and basic cameras. It does not hide you from scanners nor devices using thermal vision

[member="Kyber"]

Hi,

I've got to say I love this idea, simple but effective. People often overlook how useful a device like this can be.

I've just got one suggestion for you if you'd like to take it. You don't mention what effect if any this has on sensors other than visual. Since this is just a hologram, it should affect other sensors, and I would recommend you add a weakness to that effect to keep things clear for anyone else coming to read the submission in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom