Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cierra la boca!

Doc looked stoic, and all the humor, all the camaraderie, all the happy-go-lucky was gone for the moment, instead replaced by reality and emotion. He leaned forward, crossing his fingers. Doc drummed them on the table before speaking.

"What do you want to do then?"

Doc's eyes met hers. Almost begging. Pleading, in a way. His eyes, for half a second, glanced to the door.

[member="Kitt Solo"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

She became very aware of how close Doc was leaning forward. But she didn't back-up, she remained frozen. "I don't know." Grip tightened around the edge of the table as she stared Doc down. Voice rose in flustered tones. "Do I have to do something? What do you want to do?"

Stars, this was worse than fighting those zombies and training Gavin.

[member="Kitt Solo"]

"No. You don't have to do anything. But I'm guessing you want to."His eyes stared at her. Armored fingers tapped along the table."Does he know about me?"Doc was more or less cool headed, years of repressing hatred and anger had made him very good at putting on a poker face.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

"He, uh," fingers reached-up and absently twirled through her thick, burnt-chestnut strands of hair. "No. I see him about as much as you. There hasn't been a good opportunity." Heck, she hadn't even kissed Na'Varro yet. No reason to tell Doc that, though.

That was the problem. She was still trying to figure things out. Ugggh, relationships.

"But what are you saying? If I'm still trying to figure things out, are you saying you don't even want to be friends?" That. That, would hurt.

Doc stared at [member="Kitt Solo"] for a while. He had so much to say, and yet, he didn't say it. He stared at his plate, before pushing it away. He dropped a few credit chits onto the table, blinking several times before his hand drifted to the top of the table. The Republic Commando was silent as he stood up, and turned his back on her. He turned his head halfway to look her in the eye before speaking.

"All of my friends are dead, Kitt. I don't have any. Call me when you figure things out."

And with that, Doc left the diner, the gun-metal gray darkness enveloping the Republic trooper.

OOC: musical appreciation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euUUnl0H80M

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

A few days later, Doc would find the map in his inbox with a short note attached:

'Don't let me widen the chasm between yourself and your family. Return the map. Love, Kitt.'

Doc didn't even smile when he held the map in his hands, the outpost around him scurrying. They were preparing to move out, the rumblings of vehicles and soldiers clinking.

"Sir?"

A voice chimed in, as Doc continued to dig.

"Sir what are you doing?"

Doc stopped, covering the map with a swath of dirt, replacing what he had overturned. Returning it to it's original place, in a way. Doc didn't want this to be found by anyone. Not because of what it contained, it was merely tombs and things beyond Kaiden's comprehension, but no one should ever know the truth. That's what Doc was going to do. Bury it. Bury his past. Again. And again. Until it didn't exist anymore, and only Doc, Havoc Squad, and the rage remained.

Kaiden sent back a quick reply, as he climbed into the gunship.

You're not the only one to afraid to fall in love, Kitt.

Love,

Kaiden.

[member="Kitt Solo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom