Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cierra la boca!

GOOD MORNING SATURDAY NIGHT CARTOON VIEWERS, WE'RE TUNED INTO OUR FAVORITE ADVENTURES, THE ADVENTURES OF @DOC AND [member="Kitt Solo"], GETTING INTO MORE SHENANIGANS, THIS TIME, THEY'RE WORKING TOGETHER!

Doc hoped that Kitt appreciated the narrating that Doc was doing, after they scaled the fence of the popular Naboo residence. Doc had no idea who he was inside, Kitt just asked him to break in and grab some stupid something out of a safe. He was Havoc squad, how could he say no to breaking the law, breaking some poor security guard's face in, and hanging out with his best bud with the best butt?

He couldn't, you idiot. That's why he was doing it.

He crouched in the bush next to Kitt, and pulled out a ski-mask, handing her another, though it had 'I <3 DOC' on the back, near the crown of her skull. He smiled, beneath his ski mask. A huehuehue kind of smile.

"You have a plan?"

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

“’Course I have a plan, sweetcakes,” she slipped the mask on over her face, not noticing the oh-so-thoughtful stitching Doc had done to the back. “Get to the safe, don’t get shot, don’t kill anyone, don’t get arrested. But before we being, I have a serious question to ask,” head tilted to her other partner in crime. “Does this mask make my face look fat?” The words were deadpanned. Without waiting for a response to the rhetorical question, she flashed a grin in the night air and snuck across the wet grass of the lawn. Gloved-hand reached up and picked the lock to the back door. Growing-up on Corellia sure had its advantages.

She swung the door open and looked at Kaiden. “Gentlemen first.” Finger went to her lips in a silent “shhh.”

[member="Kitt Solo"]

"No, but those pants make your butt look bigger. Not that I'm complaining."

Kaiden was the first inside, his feet rolling to move silently. The main focus was preventing people from getting in, so the security was heavy on the outside, and lighter on the inside, considerably. Doc crept up on one of the minimum-wage security guards, wrapping his forearm around his throat. The ferocity and speed at which he put him to sleep was admirable, if not slightly intimidating. He let the man drop to the floor. He held up two hands, and made a rifle motion with his hands. Kaiden was telling Kitt that there were about two more sentries somewhere around here, by his estimation.

"Take 'em out. And keep it quiet and clean. They're just security guards. What do you want out of the safe so bad anyway?"

Little did Kitt know, Doc had ulterior motives for being here.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

Kitt would be chagrined to know Doc had ulterior motives. But that was neither here nor there. The bottom line was simple: she trusted Doc. Even if he was scary…sometimes. The heck was she glad not to be in a karking ring with him again and on the receiving side of that ferocity. ‘Course, she could dish out her own, too.

Sliding silently along the darkened wall, she paused next to him, myrtle-ellipses remaining alert. “Something was stolen from me and I want it back.” She paused for dramatic effect. “Ever hear of the Eye of the Beyonder?”

Leaning through a doorway, she caught a glimpse of one of the remaining guards. Blaster arm raised silently and she fired two-quick stun bolts into the man’s torso. Her aim was much improved since the last Kitt and Doc episode. Using the force, she quickly and invisibly caught the limp body, lowering it down behind the couch.

Chin tilted toward the stairs. “The safe should be up there,” the whisper left her lips as footsteps thudded above them.

[member="Kitt Solo"] was getting better. The Commando stood in the middle of the hallway, and he seemed...oddly familiar with it. He glanced around, before his eyes drifted down to a picture of a family, sitting on some beach somewhere together. They all wore white shirts, a blonde girl next to a small, smiling boy with black hair, and a slight tinge of tan to his skin. The mother was tall and slim, and had the beauty of an aging woman, while the father was a strong, burly man with black hair as well. Doc's eyes lingered on the picture for a long time, and if Kitt was looking, she'd notice that there was less and less pictures of the boy as the girl grew up, until finally, when she appeared to be a smiling teenager, that boy was gone, but the smiles of the family still remained.

He walked upstairs, his footsteps deathly silent. He climbed upwards, before stopping at a door. Even though the security was top-knotch, the doors themselves were still archaic, with door handles, hinges, and made of fine, solid wood. He blinked, letting his boots sink into the replaced carpet. He looked down, and felt guilty for not taking his shoes off. Then, a door creaked open, and a blue eye with a twinge of blonde hair fluttering between it stared Doc in the face. Any normal person would scream if they saw one of the deadliest soldiers in the galaxy in the hallway, but instead, the pair of eyes on him looked disappointed, and whispered something.

Doc whispered something back, and the door shut. Doc leaned on the railing, and felt like breaking down and crying, but remained a stoic look for now. He leaned over a tad farther, motioning Kitt to come up. He spoke softly to her."No, I haven't heard of it. Some sort of big jewel, I take it?"

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

[SIZE=10pt]“No, it’s not a…,” she frowned, picking up on all sorts of emotions from Doc via the force. “Legend says it’s a map to a bunch of lost treasure. The catch is you gotta go through a haunted sector of space.” Her whisper carried up the stairs as she joined him. She could’ve sworn she saw a door open up here. Her frown deepened.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“You okay?” She paused, hand resting on a doorknob at the top of the stairs. The room would open to a den, the supposed safe inside. [/SIZE]

[member="Kitt Solo"] had a knack for picking up on what Doc was feeling. Not thinking, he knew first hand that force sensitives gave off certain signals in your brain when they were probing into it. Like there was a literal hand in your brain, picking your thoughts away. His eyes lingered on the doorframe, before he lumbered towards it, gently touching the heavy wood with his gloved hand. He muttered something in a language that he had thought he forgotten, spoken by few and read by many over the many centuries. It was curious, as only Sith and people who knew of the language could identify it, but why did a simple soldier like Kaiden speak such a dead language? It was mainly reserved for scholars and for historians who studied the Sith.

Kitt would start to notice, that there was a room, who's door had been neglected, and there was a light covering of dust on the doorknob and the carpet in front of it had not been traveled, standing slightly higher than the other sections in the room. He turned and walked towards Kitt, gently opening the door. It led into a den, with a desk in the corner, and seating arrangements for happy family moments here and there, but Doc knew them for berating and therapy only. He glanced around the room, finding it rather untouched. He pointed to a nearby cabinet.

"Safe's behind there."

Kaiden had intimate knowledge of the place, but that conversation would be better suited when they weren't both in risk of getting caught breaking and entering.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

He OBVIOUSLY wasn’t okay. Her frown deepened as she tiptoed over to the cabinet. Gloved-fingers opened the cover. “What is with you?” Whisper left a set of terse-lips. She began working on the lock. It didn’t look too hard, she had picked more complicated ones before. She had no doubt those who owned the map didn’t understand its true value or they would’ve gone with the more complicated lock. After a few minutes and a series of clicks, the safe door opened. “What aren’t you telling me…” along with a trigger to a house hold alarm.

“Aww, chit.” Hand snapped-up the map as she stuffed it inside her shirt. Blaster was already in her other hand but the door locked shut and a plating rolled down to seal off the windows.

[member="Kitt Solo"] had no idea. Doc calmly walked over to the control panel, and sang a song. It was a blank keypad, set to a tune on each individual keys. His voice was melancholy, and almost sad. He blinked, bringing his hand down as the alarms blared. He turned back to Kitt, frowning. The seals on the window shot upwards, and Doc bolted towards it, before the door opened. For a brief moment, between the shattering glass and the reflection in it, the older, black-haired man frowned and flew with rage. That Kaiden had done this. That Kaiden had come back. It was clear on his face, and the girl from the doorway stood, staring at him blankly.

Doc landed on the gravel of the driveway, cracking the ground beneath him. Kitt would probably have a softer landing. Kaiden looked upwards, grimacing. He was not having a good night. He shouldn't have come. He should have lied and told Kitt he had something better to do. But her? He'd move a mountain for.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

She landed on the ground with a drop, tuck, and roll, trying to cushion her own and Doc's fall with the force as best she could. Gravel kicked up against the backs of her legs as she ran with him further away from the house. It wasn't until they were in the safety of the darkened bushes and near a busy exit street that she finally pulled off the mask and shot her arm forward, fingers going to curl around Doc's upper arm.

It was like trying to steer a tank to face her, but she persisted. Hell, she was still trying to catch her breath. "What the gorram-kriff is going on, Kaiden?"

She was livid.

[member="Kitt Solo"] and Doc walked a little longer, as police cruisers lined the outer edge of the mansion. Doc nudged his head for them to keep walking. Which, was a smart move. They were about two blocks away, when Doc pulled Kitt away near the entrance to a dive, a cafe with heart-unfriendly food and didn't water down their drinks. Doc stared at her for a while, before sighing and speaking.

"I knew where we were going. I should have told you. I'm sorry."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Stony-faced, she slid into an empty booth, arms rigid and crossed. A woman with curlers in her hair slapped down a few greasy-looking menus on their semi-cleaned table. It wasn’t until after the waitress left when she finally lifted her eyes to Doc. “What do you mean, you knew? What is going on?” Her jaw locked after the second question and she waited for [member="Doc"] to explain further but not before ordering a Corellian ale. Police lights reflected in the distance against the window of their booth.

[member="Kitt Solo"] wanted answers. She deserved them, in a way. Doc received a coffee and a small bagel, without even ordering. The waitress said something about not seeing him in a long time. Doc gave a half-smile towards her, before leaning back in the seat. He tapped his mouth with the napkin, folding his hands.

"I knew that place better than anyone. Because that was my house."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

It made sense.

The way he knew how to escape once the alarm went off. The way he walked so confidently in the house. The emotional readings she got from him through the force. "Kaiden, I...," her voice trailed off.

"I feel like the...worst friend ever, right now." She noticed how the eyes of the waitress lingered on Kaiden as her ale was delivered. The Fringer wasted no time in taking a swig. "Why didn't you tell me? I never would've asked you to do this."

Hell, she might not have done it, even if the map really was rightfully hers.

[member="Kitt Solo"] didn't know the half of it. Or any of it. Doc leaned forward, running a hand through his hair. He leaned back in the booth.

"Obviously, as you can tell, I don't have the best of relationships with my family. Especially my father. Whom we just stole that from."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

She finished off the ale and ordered another one. It was a little ironic that she was the one drinking and Doc wasn't. Maybe a little.

Leaning forward, her arm extended as her slender digits went to wrap around Kaiden's wrist to focus his attention. Gaze remained steady as she searched his face and repeated the question. "But why didn't you tell me?"

They were friends after all, weren't they?

[member="Kitt Solo"] was inquisitive. He leaned forward to lower his voice."Because you wouldn't have come. And it'd cast suspicion on me."Doc noticeably slipped his hand from Kitt. He reached downward, and lit up a cigarette. He leaned forward for a brief moment, before turning and blowing smoke out of the side of his mouth, away from the two.

"And you probably wouldn't believe I'd be the son of one of the galaxy's most prominent archaeologists on Sith and ancient Jedi culture, now would you?"

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

She frowned when he pulled away but made no move to stop him. Her hand remained on the table, retreating only slightly. Index-finger absently tapped the sticky-surface as she listened.

"I think you're giving me less credit than I deserve. But you're right, you definitely don't fit that MO." A flicker of a smile passed over her lips but didn't stay. "I wouldn't have come but not for the reasons you're thinking, not because of a lack of trust, even though we met during a war on opposite sides, blah-blah-blah. Do you think I'm foolish for trusting you? You could've left me to die after shock-boxing but you didn't."

[member="Kitt Solo"] was beautiful, in the dim lights of the diner. He leaned his head forward, as their food came. Greasy and hearty. He looked up at her after she spoke, taking some time to chew on his food, using it as an opportunity to speak.

"I think we both know there's a bit more to why I didn't leave you at the shock-boxing place to die than just friendship and the mutual need to survive, Kitt."

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
[member="Doc"]

Blink. Blink-blink.

"I...," eyes drifted down to the food as she tried to maintain the flush from creeping over her cheeks. This conversation changed fast. Instead of touching the food, she went for another swig of the second ale, meeting Doc's gaze.

"I really value what we have..." what did they have, anyway? She hoped she wasn't about to lose whatever they had by blurting out the next part, "but there's somebody else, too."

She shrugged, feeling helplessly awkward. Hopefully Doc was talking about what she thought he was, or she just made the situation so unnecessarily awkward-awkwardity-awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom