Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chrysoprase and Chrome

Other than the strange hiccup that was Auraya getting randomly challenged to a duel, their search on Corellia had gone well. More supplies, a blaster for the girl, the phrik walking stick for him, everything they'd really needed to find had been acquired with little issue. It wasn't long before they were back on the Mudskipper, lifting into space and jumping into hyperspace on a path straight for Chrystophsis. Going straight down one of the galaxy's major hyperlanes, the trip was extremely quick; even though it was crossing half the galaxy, one could get from Coruscant to Tatooine in less than eight hours with a class one hyperdrive.

Corellia to Christophsis was an even shorter trip, only about six hours.

With the hyperdrive the Mudskipper had, meanwhile...

He felt the slight lurch as the ship exited hyperspace and realspace inertia took over again, from where he sat meditating in his quarters. He hadn't even realized the hyperdrive was so fast, but sure enough, they had arrived in the Christophsis system. Confirmed by the astromech up in the cockpit rattling off a string of information at him about their current position. Currently, the planet's moon was in between them and their destination, the capital city of Chaleydonia. At least he thought that was what it said...he was still trying to get the hang of the new dialect.

"Auraya!" he called as he left his room, directed towards the ladder leading down to the lower deck. He'd heard her practicing lightsaber sequences in the fairly wide-open lounge space below, and could nearly as easily hear her thoughts while she did it too. Nothing distinct, just very questioning. Anxious. The norm for her, as it were, though hopefully that would change; she did, at least, seem calmer than she had when they were walking around Coronet City, when he had to convince her to at least take some low-grade bacta spray for the burns she'd gotten practicing with Sarad.

Once she came up above, hearing the sound of her footsteps, he'd turn, one hand pointing at the moon that he at least believed was in front of the viewport. "You know, I once heard some very important wisdom from another Jedi some years ago, about the right time to train, and the best amount to go for. She told me it wasn't always best to try and lose yourself in what you were working on, that that could be detrimental, especially if you were trying to use it as a way to sharpen your thoughts for something else."

He grinned.

"Specifically, I believe she said that sometimes, Leesis more."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
Her right arm was still a little stiff thanks to the shoulder burn she'd sustained back on Corellia, so she mostly limited her training to just one handed techniques as she practiced down in the lounge. It had been a while since she'd last succumbed to such methods for quieting her mind and helping her pick through her thoughts, but after all that had happened, and after what had been said, regular meditation or simple avoidance in the form of a holobook wouldn't cut it.
And she'd tried. Really, she had.
During their short journey she ran through some of the basic Shii-Cho maneuvers and zones before working her way back through what little she could recall of the duel itself. Namely her own mistakes, those which stuck out to her. Difficult without someone to play the other side, of course, but at the very least it helped her to visualize it more than her brain would allow for.
For a time her mind was surprisingly quiet. No confusion or suppressed hope or concern, just the movement of her body and the blade and the Force... A strange trinity.
It was shattered by Davron's loud voice booming through the ship to garner her attention. That paired with the lurching of the ship had her raising a brow in surprise. Either they were being accosted by another vessel, or somehow they were there already... She deactivated the blade but kept the hilt in her hand in case it happened to be the former, and made her way up through the ship and to the upper level where he stood.
She listened to the wisdom he spoke of as she came into the cockpit and leaned against the doorframe to steady her breathing. When the unexpected punchline came though the girl could only groan in response. "How long did it take you to think that one up?" she asked, with a shake of her head; another few moments and she gave up all sense of composure and allowed herself to chuckle. Terrible pun, just terrible...
"Point taken, though. Meditation, uh... wasn't cutting it." Something of a shrug, before she pushed away from the doorframe and neared the viewing port, trying to spy a view of the world which lay beyond the moon itself...

"How long? No time at all!" A chuckle out of her, at least, that was good. The ship sped along on its path around the moon, the droid rattling off something else about the expected arrival time. Much like with Corellia, it and the other droid brains on the ship handled everything about where they'd be landing and notifying dock authorities and such of their arrival; truthfully, the almost completely automated ship was a blessing given his current disability. Hard to pilot when blind, after all, and Auraya had already revealed she had little to no experience in the field.

The rest of her comment was met with little more than a nod, at least outwardly. Meditation not cutting it was something he was familiar with—every Jedi, regardless of placement or standing in the order, most likely had dealt with the same. Some things left too many questions or anxieties for anything more than time to deal with. Other than that, keep moving forward and distracting yourself as necessary with what else had to be done. "I hope you like the colour teal," he said after a moment. He wasn't sure if they even had a view of Christophsis yet, but he remembered fairly well what the planet looked like.

"Unless they changed colour sometime recently, I suppose, but it was always fields of teal, blue, and green crystal everywhere last I was around."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
"How long has it been since you last visited?" she inquired, as the planet came into view and was indeed very much, well, teal. Blues and greens and those merged colours in-between. Frankly it was like nothing she'd ever seen before, and she leaned even further forward, hands firmly pressed into the back of the copilots seat. Her face was as close to the viewing port as it could be given that the chair was stuck between her and it.
"Wow..."
Circles dotted the surface of the planet, connected by lines. It seemed unnatural, but at the same time enticing. Excitement began to well up within her, as the prospect of landing and exploring such a strange world became all the more fascinating.
"It looks so weird" she said, voice filled with humour and awe, "What are all the circles?"

How long had it been? If it was eight seventy-four, or eight seventy-five, after the Battle of Yavin, which they told him happened about nineteen years after he'd been frozen, and he'd last been on Christophsis during the height of the Clone Wars...eight hundred and ninety-six years? Eight hundred and ninty-seven? "A long time," he answered after a moment of thought, not giving her any specific number. "A very long time." As with everything, it was far and away the greater part of a millennium he'd been floating in a block of carbonite, deep in space.

Her next question was easier to answer, though. "Ah, big circles of light, that you can see even out here? Those are the cities. Carved into the crystals that naturally grow on the planet, or even some of them purposefully grown over years for that exact use. It's...an interesting place, for sure. Very stratified, or at least it was when last I was here. Luckily for us, though, we're visitors, we don't live here." Though, hopefully, things had changed somewhat over the last few centuries. The oligarchy that had ruled the planet abandoned it when the war came too close, sure, but by that point the damage had been done, societally. If things were back to the prior status quo...

Well, if he and Auraya got split up and some well-to-do Christophsian started trying to drag her off like some runaway servant, there'd be hell to pay. Blind or not, actually-knighted or not, Davron was still a Jedi, and still knew how to wreak havok with the Force if the occasion called for it. "I don't know how much time we'll be spending in them, though. The crystal forests we'll be going to are around the largest of them, Chaleydonia, the capital city. It's not going to be easy to tell from orbit, though—there's a lot of ravines and fractures in the crust of the planet that the forests go deeper into, and when you start to see the day side, you'll see how the entire planet refracts the light like it's one giant crystal. It almost is, really."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
Auraya wondered if maybe he'd grown up here, or had visited in his youth. A very long time, he'd declared.... But he didn't look that old. Of course time was pretty subjective, and this Galaxy had all sorts of species and subspecies that had varying levels of longevity. He may have looked human, but he might have been something else... Right?
Or maybe she was just overthinking it.
Thankfully talks of the crystalline world helped to ease her away from asking and instead she continued to admire what lay below. Crystal cities, crystal forests, refracted and reflected light... She was practically bristling with anticipation. Now if only she didn't feel burdened at the same time by the confusion ravaging her mind.
She exhaled a long breath and then forced herself to look away from the viewing port, her gaze turning instead to Davron. Chewing on her lip she tried to mull over the words, unsure of how to even bring it up. Her fingers tapped on the back of the seat, her toes curled in frightful anticipation, and for a second - just a second, though to her it seemed an eternity - she held her breath.
How did she even ask it? What did she say? How did she bring it up?
"Why did you tell him that?" she finally blurted, as though her mouth had gotten tired of waiting for her brain to make up its mind. "Back on Corellia. Why did you say I was your Padawan?"
For as long as it hung over her she knew she could never fully enjoy what lay before them, and by the Force she wanted to enjoy the crystalline world.

Davron raised one eyebrow, turning slightly back in Auraya's direction. "I thought that had been clear back when we left Epoch," he replied, with a small shrug. "You weren't just an initiate, that much was obvious, but clearly you were lacking in the master department. I don't entirely know what the state of things is with the New Jedi, but like I said—I'm not having it. A Padawan needs a master, and until my sight comes back I need more help than just a droid and a heavily-automated ship can provide. Seems like a good match, no?"

Decently put together, even if it was still just a half-answer. As open and easy to read as she was, Auraya had also shown that she was quick to pick up on things, and generally decently perceptive herself, if lacking in confidence. He doubted he could get by on partial answers and half-truths forever with her...but some things didn't bear telling so early on.

If she really had any clue why he'd claimed her as his Padawan so soon after picking up on her lack of training and the likely source of some of her anxieties, it would likely ruin any confidence he'd been trying to build in her entirely. No, in time she could learn, but not now. Likely not very soon at all.

"Beyond that, even with how he immediately discounted me as someone worthy of attention, knowing that I named you my apprentice would give him some measure of pause if he wasn't inclined towards just a training spar. It made it clear that you were under my protection, and that the both of us, as Jedi, had protection from the enclave nearby. I wasn't about to let you walk into something potentially life-threatening there."

Once again, his thoughts drew back to the planet they were speeding towards, as in another minute or two M3 would have them hitting atmosphere. "Make sure to stick close to me after we land. Like I said, the last time I'd been on Christophsis, the society was very stratified. Harshly so, and it wasn't unheard of for those in power to assume that any visitors were actually supposed to be among their stable of servants. I'd rather not have that happen to you. If we are separated, somehow, and it does...flash the hilt of that training saber. None of them will be able to tell it isn't real, and that should prove enough to get them off your back."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
Understanding came slowly at first, and then it hit her like a tonne of bricks. Her expression twisted to show as much, though given his lack of sight it didn't exactly reveal as much to him. Though there'd been no direct discussion to make it official, it seemed as though Davron had taken it upon himself to train her. That was why he hadn't just tossed her back to Coruscant, well that along with his lack of vision of course.
As much as the girl was surprised, she also couldn't help but bristle with pride all the same. He'd chosen her without any understanding of her past, without any judgement or immediate expectation. He hadn't been forced along that path like those who had come before him.
"Thank you" she finally said, doing her best to resist fidgeting. Instead she kept both hands settled against the back of the chair.
Talks turned back to the world before them, and though she still had various thoughts on her mind they were no longer so deflating or puzzling. The excitement began to return, and she nodded her head eagerly to his instructions.
"Well with any luck we won't be split up" she remarked, not so sure she wanted to even test the structure of the world below. Auraya wasn't sure she was up for another fight so soon after the previous, but nor would she just roll over and let someone try to claim her like that. One hand reached down to gently touch the training hilt, as though confirming it was still there should she need it.
"Should we bring jackets?" she inquired, acknowledging that they were close to coming into contact with the planet. What was the weather even likely to be on a crystalline world?

"It wouldn't hurt," he said with a nod. "It's pretty temperate overall, but sharp crystal doesn't block the wind as nicely as actual trees and such do...and when you're not in a crystal forest or a city, it's nothing more than an extremely long, relatively flat plain. It storms sometimes, too, just like any other world." Try as he might, he couldn't remember which hemisphere Chaleydonia was located in, or where it was latitudinally. If it was closer to one of the poles...he'd probably be glad for a jacket.

And if they ran into Kyaddaks, he'd be glad for both the phrik walking staff and the blaster pistol he'd picked up while they were in Corellia. "Go on, gather up your things, and make sure to take some water. Grab a shuura or something else out of the fridge, while you're at it, because I know you haven't eaten anything since we had lunch back on Corellia. Dinner will be late today. I'll meet you by the ramp."

The ship was already starting to shake a bit, as the shields couldn't even do away with all the friction created once the ship started descending through the upper reaches of Christophsis's atmosphere, growing thicker with every decameter they crossed. Davron quickly retreated to his quarters, gathering up his own jacket, as well as the few other things he would carry as they approached their landing bay.

By the time he was done gathering everything up, even with how he'd organized it all to be quick and easy to find without sight, the ship had still already landed and sat for a short time. He leisurely made his way back towards the exit ramp, still guiding himself along the walls with one hand. "Alright, Auraya. I think the first things we need to find are a good map—better than whatever the docking agency has already sent to our datapads—and a speeder to rent. Whichever comes first. Just keep your eyes out for either a proper visitor's center or a rental agency."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
From her Master's description - because yes, she had a Master now!! - Auraya sure was glad she'd brought up the whole jacket thing. Not that she doubted Davron wouldn't have suggested it regardless that is. Temperate but largely flat, yeah that didn't bode well should a bracing breeze blow.
"Alright" she replied, cheeks reddening slightly as he called her out for her lack of food since lunch. She had been rather preoccupied, hadn't she? Besides which, she'd never really been one for snacking. Still with all the excitement of the past day, and the excess training, she'd definitely need something to hold her over 'til dinner. "Want me to grab you one too?"
She was already heading out of the cockpit by the time she asked though, and she didn't really hear his answer. As such as she headed down to the kitchen to grab something from the refrigerator she decided to just grab him one too. You know, just in case.
Then she was on to her room. She didn't have much to grab beyond the jacket, though she did make sure to pick up the blaster they'd acquired for her on Corellia for good measure. Her saber wouldn't actually be all that useful after all, beyond looking flashy.
When she joined him by the ramp, she was sporting the leather jackets which had become rather popular among the NJO. The ones which bore their insignia on the sleeve. She hadn't even thought about it until she was stood there with him, but when she realized a slight frown pulled at her lips. "Should I go for something a bit less... Conspicuous?" she inquired, "This one's got a Jedi patch on it..."
Whether she changed or not, eventually they were headed down and into the world beyond. It was even more breathtaking up close, even as they roamed around a spaceport that didn't wholly show off the splendor of this world. She offered him the second piece of fruit as she crunched through her own, as well as the crook of her elbow so that she could help guide him should he wish it.
Might be he had a fancy phrik cane now, but a little extra help wasn't anything to scoff at surely?
"I'll keep my eyes peeled" she assured him as they moved. It didn't take long for her to spot an information center, its position no doubt integral to individuals such as they who were new to the world. "I think we'll have the map covered soon enough" she remarked, as she led him toward it. But as for a speeder rental? Well, she'd yet to see anything of the sort.

A Jedi...patch? On the jacket.

Why was he even surprised anymore? Of course her jacket would have Jedi heraldry emblazoned on it. That only fit the new way of doing things. "If anything, that should make sure nobody makes the poor decision to mess with you," he mused. Once she held the shuura out to him, bumping it into his arm to make sure he actually noticed, he took it happily. Of course, he'd already had a snack earlier in the day, but he wasn't one to turn down the fruit when it was handed to him.

He swung the cane up between his elbow and his ribs, holding it in place while biting down into the fruit, and took Auraya's arm with his free hand. Once he finished it he might return to the cane, and he definitely would when they were walking around outside the city. While things were relatively flat, the large hexagonal crystal structures that made up the planet's crust were far from truly even, especially on a human-sized scale.

He really didn't want to end up tripping and falling. Best case scenario, Auraya might manage to catch him, or he'd just land hard on the ground. Worst case scenario, he'd plunge straight into some sand made from the crystal getting worn down and shattered to tiny bits over the years. Oftentimes, those still carried larger, much sharper shards within, and he'd rather not get sliced to ribbons and have Auraya start blaming herself for it.

"Good," he replied, around a mouthful of shuura. Swallowing quickly, he continued: "Find one that maps out the crystal forests around Chaleydonia. There should be multiple cavern entrances deep within the forests, some well known, or maybe we'll find one all to ourselves. There's no telling whether any have caved in and new ones been opened since the last time I was here."

Not that he'd been given much of an opportunity to explore them when last he'd been on the planet; by that point, he'd already been relegated to the service corps, so there'd been no real point in sending him wandering down among the crystal caverns. "If we do find a surprise entrance, don't let me fall in," he said after a moment, banishing the lingering thoughts about his own place among the order from his mind. "Those crystals get sharp, and while I know there are others who have fallen in and been alright, I'd rather not have that shard experience with them."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
"...Good point" she said, though even with such in mind she couldn't help but feel as though maybe she should invest in a more inconspicuous, regular jacket. You know, for those times when they were hoping to blend in. It wasn't as though she even really liked the leather jacket look, anyway. Not that such mattered, she was a Jedi not a model. Still.
She brushed a hand over the patch on the sleeve, and then they were off. Both were quick to start eating the shuura, which was probably for the best. No doubt she'd need a hand to be able to grab the map, and right now both were spoken for. So she rushed until it was gone, wiped her slightly sticky fingers on her trousers, and approached the information desk with Davron in tow.
The maps were all in holoprojector format, and truth be told they all looked exactly the same. So she approached the desk, and offered the tender a slightly awkward smile. "Hey, uh... Which of the maps are for the crystal forests?" A slight pause, as she realized there were probably plenty of those on world. "Around the city, I mean."
They gestured to a row up front, set beneath their desk, and Auraya plucked one up. She activated it, and sure enough it showed Chaleydonia and its surroundings.
"Thanks!" she added, as she set the device down and began to fish around for a credit chit. It didn't take too much longer to cash out and leave the information stand. Davron's punny statement caused her to roll her eyes, though there was a slightly humoured smirk on her lips all the same. "Is this my life now?" she inquired of the pun, before shaking her head. "Don't worry, I won't lead you into any sinkholes."
Pocketing the holomap she turned her attention toward the entrance of the spaceport. That was most likely where the speeders would be, right?

"Witty wordplay is the height of humour!"

And when Davron didn't have a pun to respond with, he could at least manage alliteration, around bites of his shuura. Given that the most he had to do with his hands was keep the fruit and hold onto Auraya's elbow when she came back to lead him around, he had more time to enjoy his fruit than she did. However, once they found the speeder rental, he'd likely have a bit more input he'd need to give; Auraya, after all, was just a kid, and he didn't even know if she had a permit to pilot a speeder or not, or even if she did, if it would be recognized so far out of Galactic Alliance space.

And, of course, he was blind. Finding one with a droid pilot attached, however, wasn't likely to work out well for them; those were more like a taxi service than an actual general transit. They'd never get where they needed to go with one of them.

As they walked towards the exit of the spaceport, Davron finally finishing off his snack, he frowned. "Don't pick the one with the best speeders," he instructed in a low voice. "Try to find a good middle ground, not just for quality and price, but also to try and find the rental option with the best speeders for the...well, the simplest attendant running it. We're going to have to bend the rules a bit to get our hands on some transport. Make sure to let me do the talking for this part."

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
"So... Yes." This was her life now. She took a moment to catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of her eye, and as much as she'd been avoiding thinking about it these past few minutes - a spectacular feat for one such as she! - Auraya could not help but take it all in. Not so much the man himself, but what he stood for, and the opportunities he'd so willingly offered her without hesitation. The reluctance had always seeped through with the others, but here?
Well, it all seemed a little more effortless.
A small sigh of relief was all that she took from that momentary glance, and then she was back to finding them a speeder to rent. "Got it" she replied, voice just as quiet as his was. It seemed prudent, after all, to mimic him in moments like these. Strange world, people with outdated customs, she'd be more than in over her head if she'd made her way here alone.
The rest of his instructions seemed a little bit stranger, but she shrugged it off. If he wanted to be the voice while she was the eyes then at least between them they could make one whole being. They came closer to the entrance, and therein a few different rental places could be seen. She surveyed them, took a little longer to ponder which to approach, and then led Davron to the vendor which more or less fit the bill.
"You're up" she whispered, as they came closer to the rental place. The vendor was a fellow human, and he looked a little sheepish like perhaps he was new to the job. Certainly he didn't hold the same confidence the man a few rentals over did, but the speeders themselves seemed in good working condition, and they weren't manned by droids.

"Hopefully he hasn't noticed us yet," Davron replied, dropping his hand from Auraya's arm as they approached. His cane swung out, but the clack it made against the ground was that of a walking aid, not one used to make up for a lack of sight. Appearances would be just as important as anything he could say here, and if he obviously looked like he was relying on such external aid, then he'd have no chance of getting a speeder. No, he needed to be able to pass off his physical blindness as nothing more than a mild inconvenience.

Hopefully, with more practice reaching out to 'see' via the Force, that would end up being the case in reality.

"Hullo, my good man!" he called out as he walked up, waving the vendor over with an air of practiced joviality as he threw on a faked semi-Tarisian accent, just to hide any natural Core World-tones while out in the Rim. It seemed to work as intended—the vendor perked up, coming to meet Davron halfway without any obvious trepidation or distaste. A fantastic start. "Say, do you think you could help the two of us out? We're planning to travel outside of the city while we're here, so public transport is right out, and I figured you looked like the most honest man out here with the rentals."

The vendor stood for a moment, looking him over. Blinked once. "Wait," he said, eyes narrowing slightly. "Does she even have a license? And you're—"

"Half Miraluka!"

Davron beamed at the vendor. "Yes, the eyes are a bit useless—certainly shocked my father early on—but I managed to inherit enough of my mother's talent that it didn't make any difference for my life. I mean, really, you don't think I'm actually blind, do you? You saw how I came walking up, after all."

The vendor seemed a bit dubious, but not outright suspicious like he had been veering towards for a moment. "Now, listen." Davron stepped forwards, reaching out one hand towards Auraya, and the map they'd just bought flew out of her grasp into his own. He thumbed the activation stud on the side of it, calling up the holographic display for the vendor. "We're visiting one of the forest preserves, and will probably be travelling a bit after that. Nowhere with Kyaddaks, but I know those droid-piloted speeders never go more than a couple clicks outside the city, and you can see how that just won't work for us at all. So, we need a decent speeder, nothing too fancy, doesn't consume power too fast, you know how it all is...and you do want to help, right?"

The last bit had some added emphasis behind them, as Davron lightly punched the vendor's arm with the holomap, putting some extra weight behind his words with the Force. Playing off the man's need to do well at his job and the quick, confident reassurance he'd given to assuage his doubts, as well as the clear, immediate recognition that he was dealing with someone who could use the Force. The vendor blinked again, before nodding. "Yeah, I...yeah, of course! Here, I think I've got just the one for you, it's a bit of a beater from the looks, but the repulsor engine is as good as everything else on the lot, and it turns nicer than any of them anyways..."

Before following along, Davron took a moment to flash a quick thumbs-up back at Auraya. Time spent roaming around the Outer Rim with the exploration corps had taught him a few useful skills beyond cooking and how to fire a blaster, and it was nice to know he was still good with them. After a few minutes going through, signing a contract, and fishing out a credit chit to pay for the rental, he was climbing into the driver's seat of the speeder, starting it up as Auraya jumped in the other side.

"By the Force, I hate talking like that," he muttered. "Alright, I don't sense anything ahead of us. I'll get us out of sight of most people here and then we can switch. Don't let me crash, alright?" At least the path ahead of them was also relatively straight, heading off to some other part of the city. Hopefully a manufacturing district or something like that, relatively empty.

He gingerly pressed the accelerator down, and the speeder started to hover along at a moderate pace.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Auraya Irath-Ur

A
Auraya found herself more or less holding her breath when Davron released his hand from her arm and led himself with just the cane. It wasn't so much that he was wandering alone, he did that a lot, but more so the situation itself which had her on edge. She wasn't entirely sure what the man was planning, after all she couldn't legally drive - she'd never even tried, in truth - and he couldn't see to do so.
Little butterflies fluttered around her stomach, but she did as she'd been bid and let him do the talking. It felt like she had to bite her tongue and school her expression throughout, because she knew what he was saying was a lie. It felt... strange. She'd been raised to tell the truth no matter what, but more and more since coming to Coruscant she'd been made to realize such was situational.
Only she didn't know how to differentiate when it was appropriate.
Still it seemed to work. The man, after a little bit of doubt and consideration, seemed to flip his script and decide that Davron could be trusted with the speeder despite his apparent issues. There had been just a very slight stirring in the air, but Auraya couldn't pinpoint what exactly had happened.
The girl didn't even say thank you as she walked on autopilot to the passenger seat and hopped in, which was rather out of character. New instructions came, and she gulped. Then surveyed their surroundings.
"It's clear" she confirmed, feeling the rising fear nagging at her. "But uh... I don't know how to drive."

"Make sure to tell me when we have a good spot to turn off the main path," he said, before the rest of her words hit him. "Wait, you don't? Well, good thing we'll have a lot of open and flat space for you to practice on. Land speeders are nicer than...anything else, really. Ridiculously hard to tip over, they don't go too fast, they turn easily, they don't go too high..."

Driving via every sense other than sight was a very weird thing for him. Based on the wind and how quickly he could just sense through the Force other lifeforms passing by, he could roughly gauge their speed; he could feel the repulsorlifts thrumming underneath them, the jet engines that gave them forward propulsion vibrating the entire back of the landspeeder.

It was all very strange.

"Really, the most important thing is not to expect the wheel and the actual turning radius of the speeder to be a one-to-one match. The console display in front of me will tell you how fast we're going and all the other important information. It might even have an autopilot you could program by plugging the map into it, for all I know."

He had no clue.

He couldn't see it, as his ability to make up for lost sight through the Force wasn't anywhere near that advanced yet.

Auraya Irath-Ur

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom