Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chirikyât

TB-705

T
://runencryption//:
To: crimsonking
Greetings,

I have your referral from hewhowalksbehind. You do investments. I require one to expand operations: five million hard credits. What is your price?

//...//
//...//
://encrypted//:

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"]

Vrak, of course, wasn't the kind to hand his own mail, that would be silly. He had a dozen or so servants that managed half a dozen different methods of contacting him, it was only proper really. A man of his caliber and station didn't read holomails.

"My Lord. You have a missive from...someone."

Vrak perked an eyebrow. "Someone?"

"They didn't give their name my Lord, just a holomail address asking for credits and...a price."

The Pureblood blinked.

"I see." He didn't have time for things like this. "Return a message, inquire what the investment is for, who it's going to, and why it is worthy of my time and money."

TB-705

T
Thengil blinked at the reply. Generally, those who funded criminal enterprises tended to want to keep such information as far from their books - or records of any kind - as mortally possible. Still, he supposed he should not be so surprised. The referral from his source was an old one, probably no longer recognized by Nashar. It seemed Thengil still had some catching up to do. Ten years sequestered away from all sources of news in a Republic prison barge tended to put a damper on changes in etiquette.

Very well...

To: [member="Vrak Nashar"]

I have acquired a small agricultural company based out of the Zareca String. Production is lucrative, but I wish to expand the product market to Nar Shaddaa. This will require resources I currently cannot bring to bear. If you invest in the expansion I can offer you a cut of the profits from Nar Shaddaa. Over time, this will substantially outpace the startup cost. Five million for one percent of the Nar Shaddaa based profits.

Search my name on any security database and you will know me.

Thengil attached a chart showing current output matched against estimates for ouput after the expansion onto Nar Shaddaa. For a "small agricultural company" they were considerable.

He then sent the message and leaned back in his chair.

Vrak nodded as he saw the chart. "More criminals."

Scum.

His betrayal at the hands of one of the Underworlds...finest, if one could call him that, had not been forgotten. Yet Vrak knew that if he swore off dealing with such things he wouldn't get very far. It was beneath him in a way, but at it allowed him a conduit beyond what he would normally be allowed. His lips thinned for a moment and he motioned towards his servant.

"Three percent." The margin was more than fair. If the charts were accurate he would make a profit within a year. "Look into this creature, and if he is what he says he is invite him here."

Vrak would not make the mistake of meeting someone else from the Underworld on their grounds.

TB-705

T
If the investigator did his homework properly he would find several files on a former warlord of the Sith Empire who had been captured by the Republic over ten years ago. If the arrest records were anything to go by, the Cathar should have still been in a prison. Given that the Republic had disintegrated, keeping records - public or private - up to date no longer appeared to be a priority.

While he had never been involved in the criminal underworld during his days in the Sith Empire's army, the change in profession was not all that drastic. In fact, the necessary skillsets were nearly identical.

Thengil sent back a curt reply indicating that three percent was acceptable, then began prepping his shuttle. He had been using a bed at the Seven Claws tavern, but that would no longer do if he were to truly run this enterprise. Nar Shaddaa would prove the first step into fixing a number of deficiencies.

"Investment bankers." Ri'shajirr grumbled as he spun up the engines.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Thengil would eventually find his way to Vrak's palace upon Tund, an ancient world that had been unmolested by Local Galactic governments.

The Palace was a summer home of sorts. It sat empty most of the time, only occupied by a few servants and used by Vrak only when he needed to hold more...public meetings. His power on Athiss had waned as of late, and taking outsiders there had always been out of the question. His retreat on Dromund Fel was currently a bit..occupied. Thus the Sith, or criminal, whatever he was would find his way to Tund, Vrak already awaiting his arrival.

Servants would greet him at the door, both of them Human, though neither seeming to be treat poorly.

"My Lord"

The one on the right spoke first, bowing to the great Cathar in greeting.

"Lord Nashar Awaits you inside."

TB-705

T
Thengil did not bow back. He wore a simple tunic of black above matching pants. Braided links of mane swung as he turned his head side to side, examining the palace, before turning back to stare at nothing in particular.

"Lead," he growled, barely acknowledging the presence of the servants. They might as well have been droids.

The disgraced warlord and ex-prisoner prowled forward without further utterance until he reached whatever audience chamber this "investor" had erected.

That Nashar held seat upon Tund proved the first confirmation of Thengil's suspicions. The palace proved the second. Vrak, it seemed, had no shortage of wealth. A fortunate thing, given that most of Ri'shajirr's former associates had been dispossessed of land and funds by either the Republic or the Alliance.

Many questions as to how and why remained, but what seemed increasingly clear was that the two of them shared more than just an interest in pecuniary matters.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Vrak was sitting upon a small chair within an ante-chamber, a large set of windows arrayed before him.

The chair was neither a throne nor anything ostentatious, at least not more so than the rest of the furniture within the room. Everything seemed to be made of hand crafted wood, finely etched and marked up with an odd sort of perfection hanging from each piece. As Thengil stepped into the Room the Pureblood frowned slightly, his lips twitching as though with immediate displeasure. His head shook from side to side, and slowly he rose from his chair. "My apologies."

Vrak said, no insult to his tone.

"I'm afraid none of the furniture within this room will quite hold your weight." The Cathar wasn't much taller than he was, but the creature's bulk was more than obvious. The hand crafted pieces within this room simply wouldn't do.

The Pureblood would stand, and stay that way. A small sign of respect that Thengil was only offered for one reason.

He wasn't human.

TB-705

T
The Cathar came to a stop a pace or two away. Lips peeled apart, baring fangs in a fleeting smile. Thengil inclined his head in a respectful nod.

"Gratitude. I would hate to damage a kriin-wood set."

A dispassionate gaze scanned the length of Nashar, head to toe and back again. The crimson skins had always been a rare breed, these days more than others.

"So, the rumors are true. Well met, Vrak Nashar."

Ri'Shajirr did not attempt to hide his own aura in the Force. Their energies mingled, like the scents of two young manes from the same pride.

"I fought with Arcis." The Fool Emperor, body broken beneath a Zambrano knee. "But you I do not know. And we have splintered, become like roving scavengers upon the savannah. Are you of Velok's Order?"

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Vrak had no idea who this 'Arcis' was, and he didn't particularly care. For a second The Pureblood turned, wandering towards a small table in the corner of the room. There he found a small tea set, placed by one of the servants. Slowly he poured himself a cup, he was no savage after all.

"I am of no Order." Vrak said plainly.

Since his escape from Naboo there was less and less reason to hide. Athiss was coming into itself even now. He had sent Sera to take what he needed and Neesa was securing the supplies they would require. Savan would do the rest and soon everything would come together in the way he needed to. They would be ready in short order, and as long as he remained strong there was no need to hide what he was, not when half the galaxy already knew anyway.

"You could guess for the next hour." He poured a second cup. "And still get nowhere."

A clue to just how well his people had remained hidden. "But we are not here to talk about me."

TB-705

T
No order? Doubtful. Purebloods were practically born Sith.

"No, we are not."

Thengil stared at the cup.

"I run a profitable trade in spice out of the Zareca String, but there's tension growing between the crews. The Ubese stare down their noses at the Rodians. The Rodians threaten to kill the Ubese in their sleep. And both have loose holsters when it comes to any of the smaller outfits." Ri'Shajirr's lips twitched as he growled, irritation obvious.

"They do not know me, save that I have some Thyrsians who are better than their untrained rabble. Both problems can be solved through expansion. A common enemy unites and conquest erases old lines. But I require funds. Funds you have."
[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"Indeed." If there was one thing Vrak had, it was money. Centuries of conquest millenia ago had made his family rich beyond all measure, something that they had managed to maintain for the past thousand or so years quite easily.

The rich usually stayed rich.

"I suppose most of these funds will be to hire mercenaries, gather arms and armor?" That seemed the logical decision. "Why ask me?"

There were any number of Underworld gangs to support him in this endeavor, not to mention Sith.

"Why not those other Sith you mentioned?" He mused with a smile.

TB-705

T
He waved a dismissive paw.

"Bah. More rabble would only add to the problem. I have too many mercenaries, not too few. You mistake intent."

Ri'Shajirr crossed vein-webbed arms.

"I would not waste time struggling for a foothold. The money is for the purchase of tenements and land. Once firmly entrenched, we can expand with force and take what is not for sale."

He did not answer the question concerning the others. They would seek equal stake in the venture as officious intermeddlers, or else fail to grasp the merit to his designs. In any case, it was good to throw wide the search and see what sprang from the long grass.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Ah, real estate. Always a sound investment.

"I see." That made a lot more sense to Vrak than just hiring another army. Those came and went, but land investments? That was an entirely different matter. A small smile pulled at his lips and he took a sip of his tea. For a brief moment The Pureblood found himself wondering why the Sith hadn't answered his question, though in the end he supposed that it didn't really matter. If he loaned this creature money and it ran away...he would simply have a new rug.

"Show me what land specifically." That was important to him. "And if I approve you will have your funds."

If he was going to invest in something, he needed to see what it was.

"After that, I simply expect a return on my investment." He didn't really care to manage whatever operation the Cathar would create. He had other matters to attend to.

TB-705

T
"Of course."

Thengil produced a data pad, opened a file, and handed it to Vrak. The contents detailed plans to acquire several properties. Most were run down tenements that could be renovated into profitable low income housing. A brief skeleton outline included plans to turn the upper half of a leased skyscraper into a spice den. Narbo's brainchild, naturally.

"Satisfactory?

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Vrak briefly glanced at the financials.

He was no genius when it came to this sort of thing, usually he had a host of lawyers and real estate men that would complete these tasks for him, but he knew his way around all of it well enough by now. For a second Vrak turned around, musing on the documents as he flipped to the next page and read everything over. It all seemed in order, and the Cathar at least had a plan in order to make money off of all this, not to mention the...side profits that could be made.

"Very well." Vrak said as he turned back towards the giant cat.

There was risk involved in this, there always was when it came to unknown investments, but the difference between Vrak and a bank was the means by which they recouped their losses.

If the Cathar failed him, Vrak would have no qualms about hunting him down and showing him the price of failure.

TB-705

T
"Then we have a deal?"

Predatory eyes stared at the crimson skinned humanoid. A Sith, of this Thengil had little doubt. Nashar like as not thought himself a "true" Sith due to his lineage. They called themselves purebloods for a reason. Ri'Shajirr could hardly fault the Sith for such reasoning. The rest of them must seem pretenders in his eyes. Thengil's lips twitched.

He extended a paw, claws sheathed, toward [member="Vrak Nashar"].

His fingers tightened around the Cathar's paw, hand shaking for just a brief moment before he pulled away.

"We do." Vrak told the man, turning back towards the windows at the end of the parlor. "My broker will await you in the lobby."

The Pureblood of course had people that dealt with his money for him, he wasn't about to go around signing checks and contracts, he had people for that.

TB-705

T
Chuffing in approval, Thengil turned and left the freehold of [member="Vrak Nashar"], with much to think over. His previous intent - to take the broker's money and pay back not a single cred coin - now seemed woefully misguided. The same effect could still be achieved, though he would need to rob Pytr to pay Pauul.

In any case, if all went well Nashar would see his investment paid in full. Even if the encounter left Thengil uncomfortable. There were too many unknown players out there and Nashar only the latest and most disconcerting among them. How had he gone unnoticed for so long while amassing such apparent wealth? What were the full extent of his powers? Too many questions. Worse, every answer Thengil came up with boded ill for the current Order - whose disparate and contentious inertia would have put the fallen empire to shame.

In time, the answers would come. For now, he had his money and that would have to be enough.

Fin.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom