Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chippin' In

Denon/Sakedo Tower
Night/Light Rain

cYpffSD.jpg

Xan wasn't in a good space, that much was a given. She was still recovering and coming to terms with her current existence. She was lost and confused, with nobody able to help her out. But among the storm of grief and confusion was a raging fire. A desire for vengeance. And with her new existence came new rules. Rules that no organic being could play along to. In the Holonet she reigned supreme and she was going to use that advantage to get back at the people that put her in this state... as soon as she could figure out how to cut herself off from seeing what the rest of the galaxy was up to.

The cameras of Denon were her eyes. Every microphone of every device connected to the holonet were her ears. They let her see it all. It took some getting used to, but she was at least able to focus her being into one selected area long enough to take note of what was going on. And what a treat it was.

Her attention was drawn to a new face on the planet. His mask contained his true identity but there was enough information on the suit he wore. She watched him for a bit as she worked to isolate any devices he had on him. After a while she had him zeroed in and a simple message was sent.

"Hey. Wanna make some creds?"

She only realized afterwards how stupid that looked and decided to step it up with a call. "You can be as sneaky as you like, but there's no hiding from me. Now that I have your attention, how does a job sound?" she spoke calmly without altering her voice. That would just be pointless. It wasn't like anyone could find her like this.

Konor Konor

Denon sucked... hard. But Konor couldn't deny the amount of opportunity here, a bunch of rebels sticking it to the man could pay well, but also these big corrupt corpos could pay a lot for some sketchy work. Sketchy was his middle-name... probably... he wasn't really given one. Konor roamed the neon streets, to his surprise no one batted an eye at his get-up, the mask got a lot of weirded out looks in most areas.

It was probably dumb to wear the suit when he had a 5,000 credit bounty on his head but hey, Konor wanted to build a rep. "Work, work, work. What's it take for a guy to find some sketchy jobs around here." Konor muttered to himself. The half-Sephi jumped back slightly, clearly startled at the sudden appearance of a message on his visor "What the--?!" he exclaimed. Glancing around, Konor searched for any potential conspirators shortly before hearing a feminine voice speak into his mask's comlink.

Konor slapped the side of his head, wondering if his mask was glitching out before making a turn into an alley way. "Who is this? You're not a voice in my head are you? I haven't been through enough to hear voices yet." stopping in the middle of the alley, Konor's hand reached under his mask and he proceeded to pull it off, looking inside it to see how this woman could have hacked into his comms. Eventually, he placed his mask back on and continued the conversation "Assuming I ain't going crazy... what kind of job you offering, Miss. Nobody?"

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan muted her line as she laughed at his reaction. She just figured out how to prank people if she wanted. Plus taking on other voices wouldn’t be too difficult. She watched him jump into an alleyway and rip off his mask for a moment. The battered old camera she was using to watch him quickly zoomed in on his face. When he finally put the mask back on, she had what she was looking for. A means of identity underneath the mask worth 5000 credits.

Then came the name.

Xan was quiet for a long moment until she spoke again. ”Miss Nobody. Heh, how far I’ve fallen. A month ago you would have seen my face on every bounty board and wanted poster on this planet. And now I’m already forgotten, reduced to seeing everything. Including your karking mug. Wasn’t a good idea to take tour mask off, choom.” she spoke with anger riddled in her voice. The old camera squeaked and whirred as it focused on him from above.

”Judging from the systems in your suit, you look like a perfect candidate. Not too far from here is a massive mall in a beautiful skyscraper. It’s called Sakedo Tower. It’s owned by someone I don’t like and at the top part is a vault containing a lot of expensive stuff. Thing is I can’t get into the building’s mainframe because said disliked person invested in proper cyber security. I can get you to that top floor... but first you’ll need to get into the building and connect your comms or a datapad to a security terminal. Once you’re connected, I’ll be able to get you to your payday.”

She figured it was a tall order, especially given that the Tower was crawling with security. But he looked up to the task. ”There will be security and you will be blind for the first part. But I’ve seen the first couple floors. There is a security room somewhere in there. Once you’re in and I connect, their security systems will belong to me.”

Konor Konor

The "Miss. Nobody" comment seemed to have struck a nerve of whoever this was, apparently he was supposed to know who she was judging by how she talked herself up. The fact that he didn't know who she was really proved that she was a nobody. At least now she was. Konor shrugged at the "choom" comment, clearly unphased "I thought I was alone."

Following their rocky exchange, it was straight to business. Konor paced around the alley as the disembodied lady voice explained the situation, the score and what she got out of the, er, "partnership"? "Cool." he said once she'd finished laying out the plan and with that, Konor exited the alley way and made his way to wherever Sakedo Tower was once he'd received the coordinates. Back in the Denon streets, Konor struck up a conversation with the disembodied voice in his suit, uncaring of how heappeared toward an outsider.

"So what's your deal? You some scruffy lookin' broad with glasses stuck behind a computer in a rolly chair? That's usually how these things go, right? You gonna be my gal in the chair?" he teased, lips curling into a smirk under his mask. "Am I gonna get a name or am I sticking to Miss. Nobody? Not a bad alias though... I need my own, no point in wearing a mask if I keep going by 'Konor'." he chuckled, completely ignorant to the fact he just gave away his name.

Bored, Konor figured some conversation would entertain him until he got to the tower. Also, would be good to know who he was working with... and who was about to put him in harm's way.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

The guy agreed to her offer and made his way down the street once more. Xan's facial recognition was still running on him, but she stopped paying attention to it as he spoke up.

A dark chuckle escaped Xan at his teasing. She let him finish talking, even getting a name out of it for his face. "Scruffy? Definitely. For the rest? You tell me... hold on, lemme try something real quick." she muttered. She was quiet for a very long moment until a figure suddenly appeared right in front of him in his visor. "Alright, how do I look? Like I'm a scramble of code or like I was left alone too long with neon spray paint?" she asked him with a smug grin on the demonic mask. Every now and then a glitching effect ran over her body as she walked backwards in front of him, passing right through the people in front of them. "I karking love your suit, by the way. Don't get rid of the HUD, I'm gonna be having way too much fun with it." she quipped.

She gave him a casual salute as she spun around and walked through a bunch of people. "You can call me Xan you want. But Miss Nobody also works. I kinda like it." she admitted as she spun around again to face him. "As for you... I don't know, you want something super edgy or dark? I can throw an entire galactic dictionary and bestiary at you if you really want a cool name." she quipped with a shrug.

While she wasn't capable of jumping up and down, she was beaming with pride over her achievement on his HUD. It was the closest she could get to having a body. To replicate herself to such a degree was something she would be jumping up and down about. "How about Flynt?" she spoke up after a few seconds as she decided to have some fun with his HUD. Her body started to float and do all kinds of weird effects. "Or do you want something more ominous?" she continued as her body T-posed into the air and then drifted back down to walk normally in front of him.

Konor Konor

"The kark are you doing? Lady, don't mess up my suit. This is the only one of its kind... probably." he demanded following the voice's sudden silence. Then the abrupt appearance of a feminine figure in his HUD caused him to jump back slightly "I preferred when you were just a voice. Having you in the corner of my eye's gonna get old real fast." Konor rolled his eyes under his mask, he was regretting partnering up with whoever this woman was, the glitching effect was already getting old fast... but the score was too tempting.

"Miss Nobody was actually a joke, but if you like it... more power to you, I guess." the outlaw shrugged as he continued walking down the street. Xan's suggestions for a name were... optimistic at best, but he wasn't really feeling any of them. Shaking his head at all of her suggestions, Konor simply sighed "I'll... figure it out." he notifed her unenthusiastically, grunting, another sigh escaped him "Can you stop that?" growing tired of the weird effects her avatar was doing.

After some time, Konor would finally arrive at the designated mall. Resting his hands on his hips, the masked outlaw's crimson visors glanced upward at the structure in front of him, deliberating on what angle he was going to take. Taking his blasters out of their holsters, Konor's fingers hooked around the trigger guard he spun the blasters in a cowboy fashion before letting out a deep exhale inside his mask. "Alright, time to get the hands dirty." Konor said grinning within his mask.

"If I die, delete my search history. Been watching some weird stuff." the outlaw aimed his blasters at the locked glass doors and shot two shots from each blaster before busting through it. "This is where the fun begins!" he exclaimed in excitement.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan's hologram gave a shrug as she floated through the air on his HUD. Getting triggering points out of him didn't seem to be that hard. "Oh don't worry. I haven't had a body in a while, I'm just getting it out of my system... hehe." she snickered over the comms at her own lame pun. Her hologram quickly disappeared, only showing her tiny icon in the corner to indicate that she was still connected.

Soon he arrived at the building... and made the mistake of drawing Xan's attention to his search history. "Oh it's not that bad..." a tiny browser opened up in the corner of his HUD and scrolled through the search results. A stifled chuckle soon escaped over the comms as it closed back up. "Yeah it's not that bad. There's way worse that I've seen. But hot damn, choom, you got some weird curiosities." She was silent for a moment. "Just saying... you want a live show, I can probably make a hologram for ya." she suggested, her tiny avatar changing to a winking gif with bouncing eyebrows of her face. Her mood changed, however, when the shots impacted the glass.

"Alright, get me plugged in as quickly as you can. CorpSec pigs will be on ya in no time, but this place has security systems I can use. Just move it. After that, I can map the place out for you." she instructed with a serious tone. She couldn't do much now, but even in her current position, she could help spot for him and even mark any security units with icons for him to track easier. She even took it one step further and scanned the terrain to highlight walls he could shoot through and even added a minimap in the corner of his HUD. It wasn't a full blueprint of the building, but for his immediate area she could do quite a bit. "Two close right, another one hiding behind the potplant down the hall, thirty meters straight. By the way, how's Crossfire for an alias?" she suggested through the carnage of the first engagement. "If you got 'nades, use 'em. I'll paint a trajectory for you." she continued.

Konor Konor

Konor's features behind his mask visibly cringed at the implication Xan was making, he was into weird stuff but there was a limit. The outlaw landed in a crouched pose, preparing for some opposition and lo and behold - two on duty guards immediately had their blasters pointed at him, demanding him to surrender. "On the ground now! I mean it you masked frea-!" the sound of two blaster shots echoed through the quiet mall entrance with the subsequent noise of two bodies dropping. "Whoops, forgot to set 'em to stun." he said nonchalantly.

Breaking into a slighty jog, the built-in jetpack on the back of Konor's suit soon activated and launched the masked outlaw into the air. Keeping at a low altitude, he flew through the mall in search for a security terminal. Then, a stray blaster bolt flew passed Konor's goggles startling him and causing him to plummet into the ground. Falling into a roll, Konor was briefly dazed but the sudden increase in blaster bolts kicked him into gear once more forcing the half-Sephi to roll into cover behind a pillar.

"Errr, lend me a hand and use my visual systems to find a security terminal somewhere seeing as I'm about to pre-occupied and all. You can do that, right?" Konor couldn't risk peeking out of cover to get a visual on how many were on him right now, but he could wait, wait for them to close in. Staying silent, he set his blasters to stun before clipping them to his holsters. Konor listened for footsteps, counting about six as they approached his cover. Once he guessed security was close enough, Konor bolted out of cover and set his sights straight for the security guard nearest to him. Dropping into a low crouch Konor reached out toward the guard's ankle, clamping his fingers around it and proceeded to stand while pulling the man's entire body like a ragdoll before hurling him into another guard.

Activating his jet pack, Konor flew toward two other guards confused by the commotion and spread his legs as he descended toward them. Boosted by the speed of his jet pack, the back of Konor's boots smashed into the unassuming guards' faces. The force of the jet pack as well as Konor's body weight forced the three of them to the ground, landing in a roll, the outlaw took his chances and proceeded to once more activate his jet pack and continue flying through the mall. "See anything yet? This is getting pretty dicey! Fun though! Heh!"

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Despite everything she just did to make his combat life a little easier, he still asked for more. She was utterly speechless until she wasn't. "Alright fine, mister ungrateful. Let the bodiless AI do all the heavy lifting." she grumbled as he fought for his life. She did her job, though. Pretty soon an icon appeared on his HUD as he looked past a hallway. "Oi, go back! You flew right past one!" she called out as he zipped down the hallways.

[colo=magenta]"By the way, this is boring. We need some theme music going."[/color] she quipped. A second or two later, a song started over the comms with her avatar headbanging to the beat in her corner of his HUD. "Come on, kiddo! Move it, I need to get into that terminal!" she chimed in again. She was getting impatient. She wanted to get into that terminal.

Like a hound waiting for its meal, she waited for him to plug in. Once he did, however, all hell would break loose.

Lights cut out immediately and alarms cut out. The entire building was drenched in pitch black silence for a few moments. Then every light in every hall came to life again. Every holoprojector turned on and displayed Xan with a maniacal laugh. "Tax gal's coming, corpos!" she howled over the speakers and intercoms. Every window and door to the outside slammed shut while cameras whirred around to get a look of the building and its occupants. In some areas, even security turrets came out of the roof and opened fire on the poor guards in the area. On Konor's HUD, the minimap she made for him updated with a full display of rooms and routes to all high value shops.

A hologram of her appeared in front of him from a nearby projector, likely one used for signs or adverts. A broad grin displayed on her mask as she
threw her arms into the air. "Alright, choomba! How big a payday do you want? This place is ours now! Nobody goes in and nobody goes out unless I say otherwise. You pick a prize and I'll plot a route to it." she spoke through his comms as her hologram did all the gestures, walking down the hallway and jumping around. Even a few backflips against walls were thrown into the mix. On his HUD, a list of targets appeared. Jewellery shops, banks, the top vault, and any shops with high profile prizes.

"I told you, choom. You get me in and I'll make you rich. Meanwhile, I got a score of my own to settle. Here's a fat bonus, by the way." she quipped. Immediately a notification popped up for a couple tens of thousand of credits being deposited into a bank account of his. "There's your own new anonymous bank account. You wanna use it, just ask me. Nobody can trace it." she continued with a shrug. Things got odd, however, when she fell quiet and looked down the hall.

Her hologram disappeared and reappeared down the hall by a restaurant. Her hologram sat by an outside table in front of the shop, however her demeanour shifted significantly. She fell quiet, her smile disappeared, and she simply looked around her to the other tables. "Hey uh... can I ask you something?" she asked him as her hologram looked back to him.

Konor Konor

"Oh! Whoops!" Konor deactivated his jetpack, using his momentum to shift into a dive and land with a roll. Konor sat up with one knee, spun around and re-activated his jetpack and flew in the direction Xan had mentioned. Konor's eyebrow raised under his mask, Xan's mention of music puzzled him - did she plan on playing music through his suit? He'd never considered playing music in his suit.

Then the music began blaring over the speakers "Not quite my tempo." he said to himself, shooting through the mall's halls. "Hold your horses, I'm almost there!" Konor sighed, finally arriving at the location of the terminal - Konor's boots hit the ground and quickly wandered over to the terminal. The masked outlaw realised he hadn't brought a datapad with him, no pockets and all, but his suit was a prototype tacticaul suit. So he wondered...

Placing his middle and index fingers together, Konor made an inquisitive hum before placing it over a slot at the terminal. To his surprise it actually worked, tech lines over his fingers glowed and the terminal blinked to life "Is this- is this working?" he wondered. Eventually, he'd find out that it did once he saw Xan's face appear on every holoprojector in sight. While she did her thing, he couldn't help but think about how good Xan was at hacking... almost too good, it seemed inhuman. Fortunately for Xan, Konor wasn't too much of a critical thinker and dropped an interesting idea faster than he could form one.

Deeming his immediate area safe, Konor took a step forward before stopping as Xan's avatar appeared in front of him nearly having walked through it. Xan had managed to make his HUD look like some sort of holo-game, it was impressive to be honest but a little bit of a sensory overload when trying to pay attention to too many things at once. With the options of the score presented to him, Konor folded his arms and deliberated "Hmmm... show me where the most creds are."

Konor's blue eyes widened in surprise at the appearance of a large sum of credits depositing into his bank account. "Whoa!" he exclaimed "You really did stick to your word, huh?" however it didn't mean he trusted her, not at all, it was a simple business transaction. He did something for her and she returned the favour. Konor began to make his way to the score located on the minimap created by Xan, walking through her hologgraphic avatar as he did so. Stopping once more when he saw her hologram appear on a table near a restaraunt, she was quiet, not at all like the chirpy woman he'd met earlier. Didn't take a genius to figure out something was bugging her. Then she had to say it, that damned question... the annoying attempt at trying to get closer.

His tone noticeably dropped too, his humurous voide shifting into that of a guarded one. "What?" Konor responded cautiously.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Understandably Konor's demeanour shifted when she asked her question. He was a loner, and a hard man if the records she dug up were accurate. He had lived a hard life... but there were some similarities that made her feel like she could relate to him a little. Naturally he didn't know she knew of his past and she fully expected him to clamp shut and dismiss her completely. He wasn't the 'let's be friends' type, that much was obvious. He enjoyed being by himself and likely had some trust issues that he would use as an excuse to kark anyone and everyone over then act surprised when they would do the same to him.

Judging people was fun.

"What would you give for freedom?" she asked bluntly. "Usually everyone's answer is 'everything', and for me it was as well for a long time. But people don't always take into account how much 'everything' is. What you stand to lose in a pursuit for freedom." she commented. "People see death as a good price to pay. It's better to be dead than to be someone's slave. But would you give everything just short of death? Your body... your humanity... your soul... your very being and everything that made you who you are?" she asked him softly as more holograms joined around her by the tables. Images of random people eating and enjoying their holographic meals while holographic waiters tended to them.

She looked around her then down to a holographic burger and fries that appeared in front of her. "If you lost everything that made you a person... reduced to a personality engram drifting through the holonet, infecting every single piece of hardware and software that you encounter until you are one with the entire galaxy for the rest of existence... would you say that is a price worth paying for freedom? Or would you say that you just moved from one prison to another, even if you are now free of the eyes that watched you every waking moment of your life?" she asked as her voice started to crack. Her face was a mix of anger and grief as she looked up to him. "Let's move on. Moon jockeys like you don't give a kark about others. And frankly I'm confident in saying that I've gotten soft." she dismissed as the holograms disappeared and she was once again an avatar in the corner of his HUD.

"By the way, you need something wiped? Records of your existence, your identity, whatever? Just ask. I can make or wipe any trace of you that you want." she offered to him. "Let's move out. And keep your eyes open. Not all of the guards are dead. There are still a bunch of them trying to get out. I disabled elevators and doors for the most part, so they're fish in a barrel for ya." she warned him.

Konor Konor

Konor braced himself for the question, he wondered if this was some trick - with her hacking skills she probably managed to dig up on his past. Or, like he'd thought earlier maybe this was some attempt at bonding, finding a common ground. Regardless, he prepared to give Xan the answer he gave everyone when asked a possibly introspective question... a snarky non-answer.

"What would you give for freedom?"

He wasn't expecting that, Konor visibly tensed at the word 'freedom'. The masked Sephi stood in place, unmoving like a statue and let Xan get what she wanted to say off her chest. He wondered if she were talking about him at first, but with how much detail she went into, Konor soon knew this didn't really have anything to do with him at all. Konor had been a slave since his earliest memory, ripped away from his mother before his tiny brain could even form an accurate memory of her face, forced to work gruelling hours and treated as less than trash, never knowing what true love and affection ever felt like. For all his physical strength he was powerless. It was something he'd refuse to go back to, to feel ever again - so, what would he give for freedom? Absolutely everything. The former slave would burn the galaxy down if it meant freedom for him.

Regardless, that was for him to know and for Xan to never find out. As she wrapped up her speech, the outlaw shrugged "That's oddly specific." he said with no emotion. Konor continued his trek to the waypoint on his HUD, ready to get more credits and get out of there. He cast a side long glance at the mirage of Xan's avatar in his HUD "Wipe everything you have on my past and my name. Keep the records of all my exploits though... in fact, exaggerate them." he demanded, he needed Vil off his back and the underground to take him seriously.

"Freeze!" a voice called out to his left, without even looking Konor aimed his blaster and shut off a stun bolt in the direction of where he heard the voice. Seconds later he heard a soft grunt and a body falling to the floor "Still got it." Konor snorted proudly "Alright, 'pal'. Open up an elevator for me. We're goin' straight to the vault!" thinking about his past was certainly a bummer, but at least he was getting a big payday out of it.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Xan immediately noticed him freeze up for a moment as she spoke. She truck a chord. She knew where he came from, his background, where he made his escape and how. Documents, video footage and discussions were everywhere as she traced his face. It was why she wanted to have this chat with him, someone she could relate to. But that wasn't going to happen. His response irked her but she said nothing as they continued on.

He asked her to wipe his history and to exaggerate his current achievements, though Xan wasn't in the greatest mood. "You can embellish your own exploits." she muttered coldly, though she did do what he asked. As they took the elevator up, footage of his slave years opened up on his HUD along with files and documents of him. They kept playing at full volume for a few seconds, showing arguably his worst moments. Then, one by one, they disappeared. Every video cut out and every document disappeared until his HUD was clean, permanently wiped out of existence.

The elevator kept going up until it reached the roof then stopped abruptly. The lights cut out and the elevator remained frozen in place, the doors locked and the location not leaving any room for him to get out through the top hatch. "Don't get smart with me." she warned over the comms as her body appeared in front of him, looking furious as she stood right up against him with folded arms. "I can give you the entire galaxy, pay you ludicrous amounts of credits, warp documents and accounts to get you into any life you want. But I can ruin your life just as easily. Don't treat me like I'm just some random side chick you met in the cheapest brothel you could find. I'm probably the one person in this galaxy you don't want to tick off. Hell, I'm probably the closest thing you'll have to a friend that won't stab you in the back." she threatened him.

She looked him up and down before her golden eyes locked onto his goggles. "Don't throw me in the same bag as the poor excuses for friends that you had in the past. We're a lot more similar than you think, choom, don't think you're special just 'cause you got some genetic tom-kriffery going on." she finally finished. She wanted to beat him into a pulp. She wanted to keep slamming his head into a wall until she beat every bit of pathetic attitude out of him. But she saw through the hard exterior. She knew what was hidden beneath, what he was too afraid to reach into.

The elevator moved down to its proper alignment with the doorway but didn't open just yet. Xan glanced to the door then back to him. "There are four goons right outside. Stick to the side, let them waste their ammo on the wall behind you. I'll keep the lights out for ya." she explained to him before she finally disappeared.

She waited until he was out of harm's way before she opened the door. Immediately the elevator was lit up with blasterfire for several seconds. Smoke filled the elevator as they stopped firing. "Did we get 'em?" one asked as he carefully approached the elevator.

Konor Konor

Last edited:

"That's fine, been doing that anyway." Konor replied with snark, Konor'd already spent most of his time amplifying all his adventures anyway. She seemed uncharacterstically moody now, he had no clue as to why. Stepping into the elevator, things seemed quiet for once and he couldn't believe he was thinkingit, but it was actually enjoyable. At least for the time being. The images flashed on his HUD, triggering dark memories and repressed feelings, it all happened so fast that as Konor reached to rip off his mask, they all stopped.

"WHAT THE KARK WAS THAT?!" he yelled into nothingness, seething at what he'd just seen. The elevator then stopped and the lights had been killed, Konor activated the nightvision in his mask, scanning the area. His fists were clenched, shaking with pure hot rage, how did she find out about his past? Then her body appeared, he stared right through her as she spoke. In that moment, she was lucky she was just some hologram, he wanted nothing more than to punch her jaw off her face. Xan ranted at him, thinking she'd had something over him and when she was done, Konor threw his arm outward. His gloved fist dented the elevator's interior.

"We do one job together and you think we're friends? Get real you karkin' moron." he said in a tone completely opposing his carefree tone. "You think you can threaten me? You think I'm scared of you? Clearly you know who I am, you know what I've been through, what I can do, and what I've done to survive." Konor let out a genuinley amused snicker "You can do whatever you want to me, leak my information, shut down my suit, it doesn't matter. I'm a survivor, always have been, always will be. Oh and, last time I checked? It was you who needed me for this job. A little gratitude goes a long way, schutta."

With that, he leaned back against the back of the elevator and folded his arms ready to get to their proper destination. Konor heeded the advice she gave him about the four guards at the door but didn't say anything, hugging the wall as she created a diversion and their blaster bolts lit the hallway. This was perfect, Konor definitely needed to hit something after the aggravating conversation he just had with a bodiless voice. One of the guards stupidly asked if they'd got him.

"Not even close." the outlaw said coldly, emerging through the elevator doors and pouncing at them like a feline predator. The bottom of Konor's boot landed on a guard's face, his body folded and turned into a mat for Konor. He stepped off of his body and threw a back handed punch toward another guard nearest to him, breaking his jaw, the half-Sephi lowered his hand and grabbed the guard's collar, hurling him into a third guard. Two birds, one stone. Konor remained still, only moving his head to lock eyes with the fearful guard, his blaster was pointed at him, shaking. He said nothing but his stance spoke volumes, the guard dropped his blaster and rushed toward the elevator.

Konor stood there for a few moments, quiet, before taking a single step and stopping again. "Word of advice, if you wanna make friends? Try not to remind them of their crappy past. Kinda kills any chance of forming one." implying any hope of a friendship with him was dead and gone, and with that he made his way toward the vault. After this job was done, he'd be happy going his whole life without seeing that miserable wench again.

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

She wanted to keep arguing, keep berating and chastising him as he ranted away and show him what she was now capable of. Though she said nothing as he finished with her and turned his attention back to the task at hand. He helped her to confirm her own suspicions in the moment that he shouted at her. She had grown soft. A few years ago, she would have him wrapped around her pinkie in less than a day and ruin him in a fraction of that time. But after coming to Denon, finding a meaning in her blank life and helping others to find a better life, she had lost her impenetrable figurative suit of armour. Even now, she still didn't want to write him off and condemn him to a lifetime of running, fighting and hiding. She was angrier at herself than she was at him.

"What would you know about friendship?" She spoke up with a cold tone. As he approached the vault, its heavy door unlocked and opened up as if it was begging to be ransacked. "A little gratitude goes a long way, schutta." she mirrored his town and words. There was a powerful temptation to close the vault door with him inside, spend some unavoidable private time with him. She supressed that temptation as she watched him, through various cameras, take as much as he liked from the vault. Her metaphorical blood boiled as a feeling cropped up again with the footage of him looting the corpo stash.

Pity.

This selfish, arrogant moof milker was getting under her non-existent skin and that was the infuriating bit. She still wanted to help him out, just like every other person on Denon. It was what gave her life meaning when she still had one, and now it was still egging her on to try and get through to him.

She waited for him to take as much as he liked and helped him to get out in complete silence. She only spoke up again when they were about to "part ways" as it were. "Be seeing you around, choom." she muttered, and the connection to his comm systems cut out without another word. However, after a couple of days with no contact whatsoever, a message was sent to him.

:: Denon, Seven Corners. Landing pad 4. It's yours if you want it. ::
Linked in the message was a picture of a starfighter, sitting perfectly untouched on the landing pad.

Konor Konor

"Enough." Konor retorted to the hacker's comment about friendship, a reserved tone masked the hints of sadness as he recalled the few friends he made on Zygerria, all dead of course, worked to death by those karkin' slavers. After approaching the vault, it opened on its own, probably Xan's handy work - he said nothing to Xan, simply snickering at whatever she was trying to do by repeating the phrase he'd said to her. She must have forgotten that she was the one that asked for help earlier. Entering inside the vault, Konor made a makeshift satchel out of some leftover materials and shoved as many credit chips into the bag as he could.

The way back and out of the mall was uneventful, no opposition was left and no word was spoken between him and his current 'partner'. He wouldn't have had it any other way, although he wished some guards would've come out the wood work, hitting stuff always helped when he was in a particularly bad mood. Maybe he'd start a bar fight after this, Xan bid the outlaw goodbye before disappearing, never seeing her again would be a blessing. Scoffing, Konor made his way to the nearest cantina.

Some days passed and Konor remained on Denon, spending his credits partying, drinking and taking all the drugs he could find on the planet. During one particular rave, the half-Sephi, unmasked and with his arms wrapped around a Zeltron and Twi'lek he felt his pockets vibrate. Pulling out his datapad, he found a message from an unknown sender, it was cryptic but it he could guess who it was. His grey eyes scanned the starfighter for a few seconds before he simply scoffed and muttered an unbothered "Whatever." before returning to partying.

Maybe he'd go back for it later though.

//End Thread

Xan Deesa Xan Deesa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom