Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Chimera Man-of-War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orn'om

O
mMqubYv.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Chiss Ascendency
  • Affiliation: ANY CHISS FACTIONS
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Chimera Man-of-War
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Military Grade Sensors
  • Military Grade Communication Encryption
  • Military Grade Starship Systems
  • Sensor Jammers
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Brawler: The Chimera Man-of-War is meant for one thing only - brawling and bashing smaller destroyers and small fleets.
  • Fleet Coordinator: With its advanced communications triad, the Chimera could coordinate with Chiss fleets across the Ascendency and even through the Chaos
  • Battlecarrier: The Chimera carried an ample supply of starfighters into battle and could quickly deploy them through the Venator-Style flight deck along its hull.
WEAKNESSES
  • Heavy Ion Weapons
  • Unguarded Engine Block
  • Flight Deck is vulnerable when launching fighters from the open hull gates
DESCRIPTION
Commissioned by the Expansionary Defense Fleet, the Chimera Man-of-War was a project years in the making. Designed by Chiss, Iron Exile, and First Order Refugee shipwrights, the Chimera was the first truly new warship given the Chiss designation of Man-of-War, a local equivalent to dreadnought or battlecruiser, in centuries. A combination of Chiss and First Order technologies, the Chimera was made from the scrapped remains of Resurgent Star Destroyers found or purchased after the Ssi Ruvi invasion. Funding on the project was secretive and the investment was seen as so high that they were not even called in to defend Csilla. Instead, the vessels were scattered across the Ascendancy to the remaining Fleet Admirals of the Ascendency and trusted to defend true bastions of the Chiss people.

Constructed in the false underground cities of Csilla, the Chimera was heavily armored, heavily armed and packed with military hardware the likes the Chiss had not seen before. While many Chiss were tactically superior to those from Uncivilized Space, the Ascendancy often lacked the military hardware to back them up, content to be the most powerful and most well-defended nation in the Chaos. For the first time in decades, the Chiss could fight back. But the vessels came too late. In a last-ditch effort to save themselves, a few Chiss lives, and their investment, some of the Chiss Aristocra and Syndicure managed to escape on the vessels from below the surface of the planet, just before the world was destroyed. As a result, the finished warships which might have turned the tide of the battle instead missed the fight and fled deeper into the Ascendancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Orn

Oh, I totally love this one! Very nice job, and I dig the art! However I have one question/recommendation:
  • The Xythan force shield is a top/very high tiered shield. So I recommend to change the defence rating to very high, or please specify why this defence only high defence and not higher.

Orn'om

O
MANIAC MANIAC where would you suggest I put that?

The use and how the Xythan are used on the board varies with how few people have actually read the source material (me included)

How I personally interpret the shield is its like an empty cup that fills up and so a High Xythan shield would hold less energy to return than a very high or extreme xythan

But that's just me - someone else that uses it might just go wild regardless of the rating so I'm not sure what we want to do here since I'm far from an authority on how the shield functions in the source material and the stub is...well a stub.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Orn

It is already perfect if you say (and mention in the sub) that shield system is not perfect and can only absorb and utilize for example 50% of the energy. The point, try to indicate this is less perfect or effective like the normal version.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Orn

Update on this? I have to move the thread to the Archive soon according to the Factory policy. I can give you a few more days if you need them, until Tuesday (2021.08.24.), to make the necessary edits or indicate that you are asking for a few extra days for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom