Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Children of Shiraya: Underbelly

"Tifla Ramec. Yeah. He's the guy you need to talk too."

"You sure about that," Brandyn said with a quirk of his brow, "the last guy didn't seem any more clued in the a Jawa on death sticks."

"No way kid," said the wizen old Weequay, "you just don't gots the goods. Tifla's your last chance. He has contacts. But you gotta do a decent job of convincing that you are the right sorta...help."

"Yeah, nice try Gizman," Brandyn said with a glance to his cohort to his left, "this is your last chance." Brandyn slapped the credits into the Weequay's hands who offered nothing more than a crooked smile before moving off.

Brandyn glanced at his fellow Padawan. "Well...second times lucky right? Let's go."

Brandyn had been assigned a Padawan partner by the NJO for this mission. Coruscant had become a hotbed of the more extreme elements of The New Way, and the Order wanted to know who it was that was heading things up. There was also a rumored shipment of explosives coming to the capital world. Any information they could get would be critical to warding off a potentially disastrous situation.

The Padawan in question, Aiden Porte, seemed to be a nice enough guy, but they hadn't really had much time to get to know each other, and instead had been inhabiting false personas in order to gain entrance into The New Way's street level groups.

Tifla Ramec was a low-level scalper. Got a hold of legal (and not so legal knock-off) tickets for big shows. His underworld contacts would not be immense, but apparently he had fallen in amongst The New Way. It seemed fitting. The New Way had started as a grassroots political movement, but the likes of Tifla Ramec had long been bringing a more criminal, seedy element to the movement's cells.

Brandyn and his cohort walked under a flickering sign that said Berrice. But part of the lights were out permanently, so who knew what it really said. "Short...balding fella," Brandyn muttered to his partner, "human...likes the Twees so if there is a dancer here..." Brandyn pointed at a balding man that was gawking stupidly at a Togrutan woman that danced on the nearby stage. "...yup, that'll be him."

"Youngblood?" Aiden inquired as he glanced towards either Jedi upon receiving the mission parameters. They were to be given false identities and he couldn't help but somewhat laugh and also be hesitant of his. "It makes it seem like I am eager and just willing to kill anyone." Aiden said with a small chuckled and then shrugged his shoulders. He knew this would be the deal if he opted for this mission. However, Aiden knew that fighting wasn't his forte, he just hoped he could do his best.

He just wasn't expecting that.

However they were on their way and acts were to be put on to get in on the inside and take care of business and do what needed to be done.

"Oh dear...." Aiden whispered to Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren "He's a gawking idiot it seems like." He looked over towards Brandon and shook his head.

"Should we ruin his time and approach him?" Aiden inquired as he looked back and forth between his partner and the individual having a good time.

"Let's," Brandyn said, casting a smirk towards his partner 'Youngblood'. It was good, for this mission, that they were new to one another. It made remembering the cover names much easier.

It was pretty much a saunter, Brandyn's walk, across the floor of the floor of Berrice. The young padawan trying to confer as great a show of confidence that he could muster. He pointed 'Youngblood' to the chair on Tifla Ramec's far side, while he slid onto the chair on Ramec's near side. Ramec instantly froze, glancing to his right and then left. He decided he wanted to leave.

"Oh, please stay friend," Brandyn said, while sliding a chit counter on to the bar, "let us enjoy the show together."

"No, thanks," Ramec replied, "I prefer to do my ogling alone."

The short man began to get up.

"Business then," Brandyn said, tapping the chit counter on the bar, "name's Palloh-Bar Escabettes...this is my associate...Luka Youngblood."

"Yeah?" He said, accent betraying a deepening drawl, "and I'm Lando Calrissian."

Brandyn's eyes narrowed. "We have money. We want to buy something from you...who cares who we are?"

"I am currently all out of fresh information," Ramec said with a lopsided smile, before slapping his credits on the bar to cover the bill and farewelling the barkeep.

He seemed not to inclined to give out such information. Which was surprising to Aiden, usually money would make anyone talk. But apparently he might've been too inebriated, stubborn or perhaps both. He turned down the offer and Aiden looked towards Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren and slightly shrugged his shoulders.

Aiden, also known as Luka Youngblood moved and stepped in front of Ramec and hell his hands out in front of him as if he was motioning him to stop. "Well, hold on a minute." Aiden spoke quickly, in an almost sing song voice, trying to somewhat ease or even reason with him. "What my associate Mr Palloh-Bar is merely recommending is we have a few drinks, no harm no foul. And I'll throw in some credits as well. And perhaps after we leave, we can buy you a few dances in the private room so you can do your oggling or whatever it is you do. If some information is spoken, no word will be spoken about where it came from?" Aiden inquired as he looked back and forth between Ramec and Brandyn, wondering if what he said was even remotely correct.

This was essentially his first infiltration and he just hoped he wouldn't screw it up.

Ramec paused. Glancing between the two young men, before rolling his eyes. "Fine," he said, hands shooting up in the air in a moment of exasperation, "but you are paying for a whole hour."

Brandyn shuddered internally. "Fine. If that's your price," he said offering a wink of approval to his partner after Ramec had turned his back.

"That's just the price to have a seat with me," Ramec said in and increasingly surly tone, "if you want more...you gotta pay...more."

"Hey...what're friends for," Brandyn said, slapping the unimpressed man on the back.

Brandyn sidled up beside the portly fellow, and pointed to his preferred beverage for the barkeep. The bartender snarled, but began to prepare the drink. "So...Ramec...we hear that you are the guy to talk to about going a certain Way," Brandyn said in whisper while facing Ramec and his back turned to the few other patrons in the establishment.

"A certain way?" Ramec laughed, "gotta stop talking cryptic if you want anything outta me."

Brandyn frowned, and leaned in. "A certain Way...The New Way...how frakkin' simple could I have made it, Ramec?"

"I knew what you meant, young one," Ramec said dryly, "just don't know...what you are talkin' about...get the drift?"

Brandyn slid some a credit chip on the bar. Ramec glanced at it.

"You are either the CSF or from a loaded family," he said, eyes growing at the sight of how many credits were on offer.

"By dad partially owns a company called Glitterstim," Brandyn said quietly, "so...loaded."

"Glitterstim? Yeah, I've heard of it. Fancy fashion for people who have more money than they know what to do with," Ramec said, reaching for the chip.

"Ah!" Brandyn said, clawing the credit chip back into his palm, "info first."

"Fine. Go to the docks down on level 1103, ask for a Gank named Pex," Ramec said, annoyed, "he will check you boys out...see if you are clean."

"Thanks Ramec," Brandyn said, sliding the credit chip to the man. The barkeep delivered Brandyn's drink just as he was pushing away from the bar. Brandyn signaled for the bartender to give the drink to Ramec.

Ramec snorted in disgust. "Water? What the hell am I going to do with water?"

"Live a little longer, probably," Brandyn said with a wink, "it's good for you."

Ramec was cursing the young men even as Brandyn signaled that it was time to leave. He leaned over to Aiden. "You're doing great."

Last edited:
Aiden glanced towards Brandyn and then towards Ramec. He was hard up for this information, seemed he wanted a credit for every word spoken. Perhaps he just wanted more dances or maybe he's just incredibly poor and was just wanting more credits.

Give the way things went, they got the information they needed as Brandyn gave him the signal that it was time to go.

"Thanks a bunc, I was a little surprised myself there." Aiden couldn't help but chuckle slightly. However as he knew they were going to venture down to the docks on the further levels

"Into the wild we go. I'll follow your lead my friend. I've only been down to the lower levels once, and don't quite know my way." Aiden whispered to his friend.

Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren

"You've been to the lower levels before?" Brandyn said, brow raised, "that's more than me!" Brandyn chuckled a bit, and shook his head.

"You do realize that I fly by the seat of my pants and make this stuff up as I go, right?" He said, with a wave of his hand. Perhaps he was being to dismissive, ignoring the experience of failure he had gained over the past many months. Here to was likely a lesson that he needed to learn.

As they made their way towards the elevators that could take them further down the Coruscanti levels, Brandyn continued to regale Aiden with the 'wisdom' of his 'years'. "I have done a lot wrong. Learned the hard way. But my starting point was just any gangster holofilm I had seen before. It was probably the wrong starting point...real criminals are a little less educated usually...more street smart."

The elevator dinged, opening for the two young men to walk in. They were quickly followed by a few others, odorous men of various species. Only once did Brandyn make the mistake of breathing through his nose, that was enough. He tried not to let his face show his repulsion.

The elevator cleared when their level was reached. It was apparently a popular floor. Brandyn made sure to walk a little slower than the men ahead of him, increasing the distance between their ears and his words...but also getting away from the smell.

"So...is there...a Mrs. Youngblood or an intended?"

"Just once, and it was a lot to take in. So I still don't remember the entire layout. But together my friend, I have no doubt we shall persevere."

"You do realize that I fly by the seat of my pants and make this stuff up as I go, right?"
"I have done a lot wrong. Learned the hard way. But my starting point was just any gangster holofilm I had seen before. It was probably the wrong starting point...real criminals are a little less educated usually...more street smart."

"I can go along with things fairly well. So that is no trouble. Street smarts are good, but if you have both, then they can outsmart even the hutts!"
Aiden said with a chuckle...."At least I think...."

"So...is there...a Mrs. Youngblood or an intended?"

Aiden followed his pace as they walked a bit behind those ahead of them.

"And nah, I don't have time for a girl right now. I mean would that be nice, but I've got reserves and doubts about just relationships and love and all that. So for now I just stick to myself, help out whomever I can. What about you my friend?"

Brandyn smiled and offered a reassuring pat on his partners back. It was pleasant to have him along for the ride. Again, he seemed like a good one.

"The Hutts? Maybe!" He said with a chuckle.

They continued on towards the area that they were likely to meet the Gank they had been referred to.

"Ah. No Mrs Youngblood...for me...I'm afraid," he said, "first off that just wouldn't be proper. No, but seriously. Life is a bit to complicated at the moment to be thinking about settling down. I mean...look at what we are doing for a day job? Am I right? But there's a few ladies out there that have sure tried..."

He was embellishing. Significantly.

"Sounds like my life." Aiden said with a smallest of chuckles as he looked over to Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren

Granted he was totally kidding about the ladies out there that have tried with Aiden. "You gotta keep them guessing my friend." He said in jest as he shrugged his shoulders slightly with a smile.

And when he mentioned what they do for a day job, he couldn't help but agree with him. "This is very true, life if far to hectic." And while he was saying this, he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if he had someone like that. But as he thought about in particular Aveline, granted he didn't harbor those feelings with her. He was probably the closest to her perhaps.

Still, it would be nice. He mused with a small smile.

And it wasn't too long, that a thought just hit him. "You wouldn't happen to have a sister would you?" Aiden inquired as they were nearing the level.

Immediately after talking about their lackluster romantic lives, Aiden is asking about Brandyn's sister? Well now. That was very interesting indeed. "Three actually," he said, answering his question, "and if its like that...then this mission very much becomes a proving ground for you my friend. Opinions will be formed!"

They were approaching the location where the Gank was known to frequent. Brandyn muttered under his breath, "But seriously...if you are interested in Briana...by all means...you have my blessing. Maybe you can help take her edge off a little. She can be a little highly strung at times."

He looked up and smiled towards an approaching behemoth of a being. The imposing, muscular form of the Gank named Pex was now before them. It was clear now that Pex might just be a nickname based on the muscles he happily flaunted. Dang.

"Ramec said you boys would be showing," hissed the large imposing figure from behind his mask, "Youngblood and Pollah-Bar, huh? Well. If you want in, you gotta prove you want it. Take this case to the coordinates on this datachit. No questions. No opening the case. Leave it at the set coordinates and return here. Got it?"

Aiden chuckled nervously and he shook his head slightly. "Oh no, I mean Briana is great, beautiful and all that stuff. But, things are more easier without having a relationship. And she's a really good friend." Although, as he thought about Briana more, she was incredibly pretty. While a date would be pretty cool, it wasn't on top of his priority list. "I just didn't put two and two together until just now."

"I think she's into someone anyway, or at least that what I hear."
Aiden said as he rubbed his chin lightly. There was always gossip and drama around the Temple.

To that thought he couldn't help but laugh.

"That's us!" Aiden said with a small quirky comment back to Pex. "Child's play, we will get this done." Aiden said with a small smirk as he glanced towards "Pollah-Bar"

"Let's rock n' roll!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom