Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Children of Shiraya: In Due Season

2XSFydO.jpg

Why wouldn’t his father talk to him today? This was honestly the last straw. Brandyn was already half way through packing his bag, when his minder, a short security guard poked his head through the door. “Master Brandyn….your father is wanting your presence at the evening meal. He wishes to have the entirely family present.”

”Fine…whatever,” Brandyn mumbled. His father was so preoccupied with serving the Queen, spending what time he could with matriarch of the family and doing whatever Glitterstim demanded of him, that Brandyn was long passed starved for attention.

“He loves you…you know?”

”Did anyone ask you to interfere?” Brandyn said with a snap.

The older man, long in the families service, looked like he had taken Brandyn’s reaction personally, and gave a quick nod before departing from the door way.

Brandyn felt instant guilt for his words, but he would not have to face the music for them. No. He stuffed another shirt into his unmarked duffle bag, along with a small staff of credits and as many travel guides as he could fit on his data pad.

He would never have to answer to anyone in this house again. Because tonight…was the night that Brandyn Sal-Soren was leaving home.

This will be Brandyn’s only post in this thread, potentially. The remainder of the thread will be a big announcement at dinner, and then the fall out of what just took place in this post.

| Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Blaire Sal-Soren |​

It seemed an odd thing to be nervous about. They had been together for years, and accomplished much. They had become a better team than they had been many years ago, and raised 3 children that made him proud and his heart swell with love. Baros brushed away the feeling of guilt for how he had been nigh in absentia in the last year or so with all that was going on, much that he could not discuss with anyone, but he did for all of them.

The New Way did not exist in this moment though. Baros brushed the thought away.

The walk he had taken with Teyla was one of many they had taken in the gardens of the Estate. He knew this place so well now, its beauty was grand, but it was always eclipsed by the woman that held his arm.

”Teyla.“

Baros voice cracked, which annoyed him. He did not want her to think he was unsure about what he was about to say.

”You have honoured me with your love for so many years now. And you have been happy to bear the brunt of a certain degree of social indignation for our status…thank Shiraya it has gotten easier over the years,” he said with his aged worn trademarked smirk, “I could never imagine a life that I would want more than the one we have made together.”

He stopped, releasing her arm, as he reached under his jacket, then his shirt and started to tug on a thin metal chain that hung about his neck. “I have had this since…the day we heard we were having a child together. And I have travelled with it next to my heart whenever I have been away from you.”

Baros pulled out a ring on the chain. It was a subtle weave of vine-like gold threads, with small kyber crystals nestled in the vine-threads like buds of flowers that would never actually grow.

”It is time that you had this,” Baros said, as he slowly dropped to one knee, “Teyla…Ee’everwest…would you be willing to take the plunge with a scoundrel such as I? I love you, Teyla. And have from the moment I saw you. Will you marry me?”

Last edited:
EE'EVERWEST ESTATE

The Shinobi was burdened.

In days long past, Hisashi cared not for the thoughts of the outside world. He knew that he was a dog - a mongrel built and bred for bloodshed. He was a tool. One to be wielded to further the ambitions of another. And yet his vows affected him to the core. Hisashi knew his purpose...but found himself...laughing? When the morning broke and it was time to watch over the young Mina as her lessons began, he'd smile as she attempted to hide beneath the covers. When the evening came and Clan Ee'everwest retired for a final rest, the mistress of the family would oftentimes thank him.

A touch upon his forearm. A genuine smile.

Though he could not put it to words, the Shinobi had come to care for the Clan. And for them, he would unleash the terrors of his might. For them, he would gladly perish. But...

Current events were damning. He could feel how the caretakers looked upon him now. With the outsting of the nation's liege, distrust in those born of darkness was at an all time high. And the Clan were practically bathed in light. Hisashi doubted...if he was worthy to carry their safety upon his shoulders. Would they trust him if the fires came to their doorstep? Did they trust him now?

Hisashi dismissed the notion, for there was work to be done.

In the here and now, the Clan had assembled at the Estate. And ever the shadow of the mistress, Hisashi was within earshot when Baros laid his heart bare. And though he was a monster, though he was a monstrosity...he smiled.

For their joy was becoming his own.​

Blaire Sal-Soren

B
She generally never left her enclosed area, but to eat. Even then, with her recent advent of taking food down to what her siblings had 'affectionately' nicknamed her lair, Blaire wasn't seen too often. Though when she was, she seemed hyper-focused. A straight arrow, with the walk to match. Somewhere in her childhood she did have dreams of grandeur. She wanted to follow her siblings, for instance when they played in the nearby forests. Jump as high, and run as fast as they could from a young age. Though, she lacked something that they had. Something so simple, as being able to sense, and feel energy that her own body was dead too... She learned that the hard way.

Even as a child, she had bravery in her heart...

Ever since that day she tried to jump the ravine though... That childhood innocence had been shattered, however. All said, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. She didn't curl up in a corner (for long) and resign herself to a feeling of inferiority to her blessed counterparts; instead she found strength in the natural forces she could manipulate and Master. Her admitted jealousy of them had turned her into someone different... Hardened. It was all hidden in a pretty package however. To an extent, she was even able to hide her mind from them.

Not that they would disrespect her in that manner anyway, they knew by now she didn't react well to anyone, even family toying with her mind...

It was all she had, from her point-of-view.

She whisked herself towards the main house, as usual her head somewhat pointed at the ground, eyes and ears open. Receptive, although she seemed aloof in her movements. As she neared the top of the steps, she glanced down at herself. She was oil-stained, her fingernails painted black, though she knew her Father hated it; not like that was her problem being honest, better to keep them black than to constantly be cleaning oil from them. Her face softened as she passed that threshold however.

She didn't hate any of them; she would do whatever was necessary to protect her family. Still, there was a resting feel of being given the shoddy end of the stick on the Galactic Scale... Or the Strings of Fate... Whatever the hell.

She walked the halls with expertise, as she had lived here practically all of her life. Slowing only when she spotted Hisashi Hisashi . The man was an enigma, and was always somehow cold, while also kind. There, but somehow always able to seem... Less, or diminished. She simply couldn't call it properly. What she did know... No, what she had learned many years ago; before she had even thought to ask him what his purpose was...

She knew that man was a plain-faced killer. Yet another lesson learned on the spot, when he had saved her from a kidnapping many, many years ago.

Perhaps even he had influenced her silently, without saying anything. Having the strength to defend one self, and maintain their values, and virtues...

Blaire walked up behind him, slowing and looking past to spot... Oh....

"Oh Chit..." she mumbled, otherwise silently moving aside The Guardian, and folding her arms, weight shifted to one side as she smiled at her parents...

About damn time... She couldn't clearly hear what was being said, but the visual painted a vivid picture.

Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren

Oh Chit.

The aroma of oiled flesh was a welcome reprieve. It was not the same as the exotic and exorbitant perfumes that frequented the Estate. Rather, it was the earthy tones of machinery. This was the sort of smell that nobility would raise their noses at - but for the Shinobi, it brought a light chuckle to his lips. One of his charges had arrived. Young. Creative. Oftentimes reclusive. They did not have much of a relationship outside of his oaths to lay down his life for his own.

The profanity caused his eyebrow to raise.

Not that he was offended, mind. Quite the contrary. Given the momentous occasion, one might have expected glee. But "oh chit?" Hilarious.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." he said.

As she stepped past, the Shinobi simply offered his fist in greeting. If what Mina had said was correct, the youth would often bump fists as a greeting. It was "cool" or however she described it.

Teyla walked with quiet reverence beside Baros, content in his presence. While the Estate was where she lived, there was something powerfully instinctive that triggered inside her whenever he returned from a long trip. The sensation that home had at long last returned to her.

Their stride came to a halt at the end of the verdant path. Her patrician features turning inquisitive when he released her arm to reach for something. The idea that he might ask that question hadn’t yet crossed her mind, but upon catching sight of the beautifully ornate and delicate ring, the corner of her lips pressed into a slight smile and her eyes misted with revelation.

When she’d met Baros, there had always been this feeling inside, like the stars themselves had drawn them together with the will of some greater design. There had been challenges and missteps along the way, adventures in between, but she considered the result of her life - their life - as being devastatingly beautiful. There was never a question of what she'd choose.

“Yes,” she breathed out, her voice choked from a tidal wave of emotion that threatened to overwhelm her, too distracted to notice any of the onlookers watching them.

Chin dipped momentarily, attempting to compose herself before her gaze drifted back to his. “There is nothing that would make me happier, than being your wife.”

Teyla came back into the dining room where most of her family waited and took a seat next to Baros. “I told the droids to go ahead and start serving dinner, but to keep a couple of plates warm. I’m sure Brandyn and Briana will be along shortly. Maybe a slightly overcooked meal will remind them to be to dinner on time.” They’d hoped to share the news with their children tonight, before the official announcement… but there was something in the air that was not settling with her.

That feeling turned to dread when Briana finally entered the room with a forlorn countenance.

“Dad… Mom…” she said hesitantly, her youthful confidence and swagger replaced with slumped shoulders and drawn brows, lips set in worried lines. “I hate to tell you this now, but .... it’s Bran. He’s gone.”

Last edited:
LATER...

It's Bran...He's gone.

What was intended to be an evening of mirth came grinding to a complete halt - at least in the eyes of the shinobi. Hisashi had one duty to Clan Ee'everwest, and that was to safeguard them against all harm. Whilst most of his attention was of course devoted to its esteemed leader, the shadow of his duty was also cast over its younger members. Hisashi's face remained even, despite how quickly his mind raced.

Burning eyes fell upon Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren .

"A thousand pardens my liege." he began. Though his words were professional, his plea for forgiveness was evident. "With your leave, I will search for the young lord at once."

She had but to say the word and he would devote himself thusly to the task.

And if there was one thing the Demon was good at...

...It was Hunting.

A night that was supposed to be full of celebration. Joy was supposed to be the epithet for future recounting of this moment. Instead, it was turmoil. The news of Brandyn's disappearance had rocked the family to its core. Every available resource had been put to finding out if the security system had been breached. Baros now waited impatiently for the results of the investigation.

"There is no point panicking just yet," he said, tone heavy with anxiety, "Brandyn has done this sort of thing before."

His son had slipped away from his security detail on a number of occassions. There was always some Shiraya-forsaken adventure that he longed to go on. Oh, and the ignominy of the 'bread incident' still lingered. But this was different. Brandyn hadn't behaved that way in some years now, and this would be the first time he had purposefully broken past the Estate's security system. The potential for kidnapping could clearly not be ruled out, but Baros would not be the one to bring that up.

"Master Baros. The report is available," came the tinny voice of the protocol droid at his side.

The words made Baros jump a little. He realized only then that all muscles in his body had constricted; he was a coiled spring ready to unleash.

"Fine," he said, clearing his throat, and smoothing his tunic, "let me hear it."

"Reports indicate that there are no signs of struggle. No apparent access to the Estate premise from outside between the time that Master Brandyn was last seen, and the time he was reported missing. Video footage has been scoured, and there is one issue reported. Apparently...some shrubbery was seen walking across the courtyard before settling in front of the lakeside secured access."

"Bloody shrubbery? That was all it took!?"

"The head gardeners access tube was used to grant egress."

"Damned kid," Baros spat as he turned away from the group, fingers running harshly through his hair.

Teyla should have been surprised, but she’d known for sometime that something like this would happen.

While she knew it couldn't be entirely helped, Baros’s time away had created an ache in her children. Especially Brandyn, who still craved the guidance and approval of his father; and while he hadn’t grown up on Corellia, in his heart he embodied some of those same essential elements of Corellian culture, particularly his persistent drive for adventure. It didn’t help that his Force abilities were flourishing on their own, either. She'd meant to talk to Baros about all of this on his return, but had become so caught up in the events of the day that she'd put it off. Now her son was missing.

He might try heading to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.” Teyla stated flatly, looking weary, as if she'd aged between the time Briana had entered the room to now. All the while avoiding eye contact with Baross, not wanting to get into one of the few subjects they could never seem to agree on. Instead, she turned to Hisashi and placed a hand on his forearm. She wanted to race to the edge of space herself, but knew she could not abandon her own responsibilities. “I want my son home safely before he breaches the border of Confederate space.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom