Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Charity Event Auction: Now Live

Okay folks it looks like there is a ton of interest in being auctioned off but no interest in bidding on people, meaning this thread idea is not going to work.

Sorry for being a derp. I honestly thought this idea would be more popular, and similar to my blind date threads without the hassle those present.

If someone else wants to use this idea to make a thread go for it. If you guys want to make a public thread where you interact with NPCs or just attend an auction feel free to do that too.

Sorry again. I guess I didn’t think this through :(

Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

Just a thought but when reading your original message you talked about 'creating a charity auction event' so maybe the lack of bidding is due to people thinking that this was a sign up for those who would be auctioned and that the actual bidding would take place in an event thread depicting the auction itself. That's originally how I read it anyways. It's a pretty cool idea anyways!

Just a thought but when reading your original message you talked about 'creating a charity auction event' so maybe the lack of bidding is due to people thinking that this was a sign up for those who would be auctioned and that the actual bidding would take place in an event thread depicting the auction itself. That's originally how I read it anyways. It's a pretty cool idea anyways!

Hmm yea I could see that. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I attempt this. We certainly need clear directions and sadly I don't think I gave them.

My concern is we would get to the auction and without an arranged list of bidders a lot of people would get left out and feel like this turned into a popularity contest. So I was trying to set it up where I could be certain everybody would get someone to write with.

I could bring an alt to bid on a character while this one is being auctioned.

Here is the updated auction list. Though it might be better for you to contact that person and do a separate thread since this one isn’t continuing.

Caltin Vanagor
Kat Decoria

Ishani Sibwarra​

Sergeant Omen
Onrai
Sikkol Cull
Tovald Kahmen”a

Vyse de Valorous​

Keziah Azadi​

Eric Vales
Case Gemini

The large male dance event had a thread depicting sign up for those dancing and the attendees just showed up when the thread started.

I was interpreting this as the same thing but no harm no foul. Hit me up when you start again.

Let me know if this makes sense to you all. The idea is that you join the thread, state if you are in the auction, and what you are offering. Then people can approach you if they made a bid. I've left it open so all bids are accepted. There are other things to do as well for those who don't want to participate in the auction or don't get any bids for their services.

I'll get to the thread but yeah I would say le problem is I think people assumed this was the sign up thread, and another was meant for bidding. Tho regardless of how this one rolls you should totally do a round two! People are interested just needed one for bidding and one for signing up and then poof, got a thread.

I'll get to the thread but yeah I would say le problem is I think people assumed this was the sign up thread, and another was meant for bidding. Tho regardless of how this one rolls you should totally do a round two! People are interested just needed one for bidding and one for signing up and then poof, got a thread.

That does make sense. I think next time I should totally do that. Thank you for the idea!

This seems to be a nice social thread happening at least so it wasn’t a total waste. Just need a little better planning next time. I was worried people wouldn’t get bids and blah I think the anxiety of it all just made me plan it poorly.

That does make sense. I think next time I should totally do that. Thank you for the idea!

This seems to be a nice social thread happening at least so it wasn’t a total waste. Just need a little better planning next time. I was worried people wouldn’t get bids and blah I think the anxiety of it all just made me plan it poorly.

Oh totally! I'd feel the same as don't wanna cause anyone to feel bad. But I for one am very happy you pushed though to make at least as seems like silly fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom