Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character theme songs by Abyss

"A character theme song? Why in the world would anyone need this?" You might ask yourself right now. The answer is: I have absolutely now idea. Making music has been my hobby for a few years (I think 5-6 but I actually can't remember what I had for dinner two days ago), and now I am trying to get into a university were I can learn to do it for a living. Thing is they are very strict and around a month ago I failed the last test (of 3) with two point under what I would have needed to reach to get accepted, mainly because the judges said that I was to focused on one genre (Hip Hop). After my valuation they said they would have liked to hear something in style of a movie soundtrack, so I decided that for the next time I go there I will bring them some soundtracks. In lack of good topics for soundtracks I made a theme song for my character and realized that its kinda fun and a good exercise, so I had the idea that making some for the people around here. Short set of rules if you want one:

1. I can't do one for anyone. To much work, not enough inspiration. Don't become salty when you ask me to do one and I say I just don't feel your character enough to make a theme.

2. I wont make full 3 min songs, just some short phrases to set the mood of a char.

3. You can make some request on how your song should sound, but in the end there is a high chance that I will end up with something completely different. If you don't like the final version don't use it, I wont be mad.

4. If I say I make one for you, don't ask everyday how long it will take. Maybe only a day, maybe 4 weeks, and if you ask I will have even less motivation to do it.

So that you know on what level the stuff is I offer here a little demo. (keep in mind that soundtracks are an almost untouched area for me).
Post your requests below.

That all sounds amazing and kudos!

I'd love to throw my character in the ring if it works for you. If not, no worries at all, but I'd be curious what you come up with :)

First of all I should say, I am enrolling in university as a piano performance and composer major. However I compose classical/romantic music. If you don't mind me asking, what instruments do you play? And I understand if you don't wanna answer but what schools did you audition for? I know well of the strict ideology in music. I think it's essential personally for the drive- but it can be a pain.

As for the request, I am still working on this character but when I am done I will let you know and hopefully we can work something out. Please remember me if you get a lot of requests! I should be done tomorrow or so. Also feel free to pm me if you wanna talk music, or need advice or anything on music school.

[member="Abyss"]

Titan

[member="Abyss"] this is quite possibly one of the best ideas I have ever seen. If its not to much trouble, could you make a theme for me?

[member="Illya von Klein"] The only instrument I can really play is the computer lol (I mean I could say I can play the piano but thats kinda far from the truth). Like seriously all people I know learned music theory by learning an instrument and then came to producing. I did the opposite, learned everything by myself by YouTube tutorials and try and error. I live in germany so you might don't know musikhochschule trossingen (my major would be music design what is basically music production). As for a theme song I will see what I can do when I can read your bio

Also big respect for enrolling in piano and composition.

[member="Titan Kryze"] [member="Irajah Ven"] [member="Warren Century"]

I will wait until I get some more requests and then pick out the ones I gonna do. If you one of them I will inform you.

Lok Maxus

Need moar non-Force-using female Zabraks!
[member="Abyss"]

Now that this character is getting ready to rock and roll, a theme song for her would probably be a good idea. If you're interested in composing something for Lok, hit me up and I'll throw you anything you ask of me :D If not no worries, there's still plenty of music for me to steal *evil laughter*

[member="Abyss"]

I love all 3 examples you've shown so far!

I would also love if you did one for my character, I wont be salty if its not grabbing you by the imagination.

My Whipid is warrior-like, he has spent his most peaceful moments in the jungles of Kashyyyk until he was captured, he served as a gladiatorial slave on Nar Shadda. I was thinking something fast paced with tribal drums or elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom