Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Playlists

does anyone ever make a playlist of specific songs that remind you of one of your specific characters? i find it useful to listen to in the midst of character development or plotting. music helps get those creative circuits a'firing ya know?

I typically don't make them, but I had one for Emma Norewood. It was very small, had only a few songs in it, and I am not sure if I even remember all of them.

Maybe they were the following:
  • A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
  • Stay the Night by Zedd and Hayley Williams (not too sure about that one, though)
  • Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
  • Human by Christina Perri
I typically limit myself to choosing just the theme song for a character, but Emma desperately needed a playlist. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had any muse for her in the later days.

I generally don't start with playlists for characters, but mentally add songs that are just too perfect for the event at hand when they come up. Since Des is still pretty new, so far I only have Push it to the Limit.

[member="Maria Natalja"]

I am just glad I am not the only one that does this. somewhat doing it is close enough for me lol. (i like those songs btw. @u@)

[member="Des Kovak"]

Yeah I feel ya. I have a habit of hearing songs/lyrics that remind me of characters (not just my own but like other peoples characters or canon ones) or specific moments/scenes. (and yes COOL a Korun character)

Yeah, the one song that's stuck to Des is mainly because it's very appropriate to a duel he was fighting at the time, in which he got bitten, poisoned, electrocuted, shot in the gut, beaten, concussed, lacerated and kneecapped and just kept going. Push it to the limit!

Hey, another Korun, and here I thought I had a unique idea. q: Nice. Xyl might get along well with [member=Hodari Turbo], my smuggler/freelance/free bird going around.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I actually have a playlist for Maria Natalja, too. But there's a story with about it I have to tell so that you'd all understand it. :p

Last summer, when I was most active with Maria, I came across the lovely program Spotify, I fell in love with it, and I adored the "Mood Booster" playlist. So. I listened to it everyday and eventually developed a few songs I started to like more than the others, so i started listening to them separately while writing IC posts in Chaos. And then I started to listen to many other songs, too. And now I have the "Summer Nostalgia" personal playlist for all these songs I loved last summer. They give me a huge burst of muse to write Maria's IC posts. But none of the songs are about her.

Here's the playlist:
  • Made In The USA by Demi Lovato (obviously)
  • Problem by MAX
  • Shouldn't Come Back by Demi Lovato (duh)
  • Best Day of My Life by American Authors
  • Maps by Maroon 5
  • Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd (both amazing singers)
  • She Looks So Perfect by MAX
  • Geronimo by Sheppard
  • Without You by David Guetta ft. Usher
  • With Ur Love by Cher Lloyd ft. Mike Posner
  • Problem by Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea
  • Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
Pop music overload... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom