Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out Of Character Information
Production Information

Technical Specifications
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: (Weight varies on use) Average (standard Quality) - Heavy (High Quality)
  • Resistances
- Blasters and other plasma type weapons: High (SQ) - Very High (HQ)
- Kinetic: Low (SQ) - Average (HQ)
- Lightsabers: Low (SQ) - Average (HQ)
- Blades: Average (SQ) - High (HQ)
- Other:
Elements: High (doesn't change)
Sonic: Low (doesn't change)
Acid: High (doesn't change)
EMP: Non (doesn't change)

Special Features
  • N/A

Strengths:
  • Heat Sink: The use of the different materials in the armor making thermally conductive such plating is externally resistant to heat based weapons, both blaster, laser and disruptions (to an extent).
  • Defense with Quality: The armor plating can be made in standard cheek design that offers good over all protection or with high quality standards making it incredibly strong.
  • Sabers Away: Though only providing standard protection against sabers (if HQ) such alone limits the ability for a Sith or Jedi simply (unless really strong) cut through it in one go.
Weaknesses:
  • Shattering: Despite being able to take a whole lot of punishment the armor it still made from a ceramic mainly, such meaning a large enough Kinetic force can shatter the plating.
  • Repairs: Due to being a mixture of ceramic materials and steel plating the armor is not easy to repair, it is often much easier to just replace damaged armor then repair it, though in a combat situation such may not always be a viable option.
  • Heavier: The better quality the armor is though the heavier such plating becomes due to their being more metal and general thickness.
Description
Though Tythish Flak armor was a suitable fabric armor for most troops to use, the needed for some harden armor plating and heavy armor did come around during several military exercises. There was a proposed move to make a standard suit or armor for the troop to wear but problems with future plans on specialized infantry and unit lead to the R&D teams scrapping such idea early on.

As such the royal armor instead sought after making a material that could be used to make custom armor, being given directions to make two kinds a standard one that provided a little more protection then the flak armor and a heavy kind to be used for shock troops and elite units. The Royal armory combined both goals into a single armor design, such able to accommodate both request using the quality and thickness of the armor to vary the protection and weight.

Over all the Ceramsteel armor plating is a strong hard amorplast material that is designed to mainly take and dissipate blaster/laser weapons. I can be fashioned into single plate chest pieces, made into an kit with shoulder, knee pads and helmet or with a good craft team be the main component in a full set of power armor. Still it should be noted the hire the quality the more expensive and heavy the armor becomes limiting the amount that can be main, such armor being reserved for 'special' units.

[member="Chikako Liona"],

Hey there! This looks really good, but I am here just to see if we can touch up on the sub a little bit.

Chikako Liona said:
Classification: Multipurpose Weight: (Weight varies on use) Average (standard Armor) - Heavy (High Quality) Resistances - Blasters and other plasma type weapons: High - Very High - Kinetic: Average - High - Lightsabers: Low - Average - Blades: Average - High - Other: Elements: High Sonic: Low Acid: High EMP: Non
Can you directly name which variations of the textile have which ratings please? It would make it easier for those who read it to understand which one has which abilities.

Chikako Liona said:
Though only providing standard protection against sabers such alone limits the ability for a Sith or Jedi simply (unless really strong) cut through itin one go.
I am assuming this means, light blows, or glancing blows with a ligthsaber correct?

Chikako Liona said:
Shattering: Despite being able to take a whole lot of punishment the armor it still made from a ceramic mainly, such meaning a large enough Kinetic force can shatter the plating.
You mention that the metal is easy to break due to Kinetic damage, yet the damage ratings you have for it at the current time are "Average" and "High." This doesn't seem to be consistent. So could you either clear this up a little bit?

Once again, these are just recommendations that I am giving you to make your submission more consistent throughout. Let me know if you decide to change it or not to.

I've ut small annotations next to the ratings so people can see what it is related to, I lowered kineitc portection to low for (SQ) and average for (HQ), as for lightsabers does not average protection mean that it can resist at least one strike form a standard light saber and low meaning scraps and grazes? [member="Auberon"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom