Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private CDS: Order 3

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
Flight Map | Music
Pick-Up Location: Tingle Arm, Deep Space, The TURBO L.O.V.E.R.
Drop-Off Location: Skako, Gat Tambor Gat Tambor
Utilized Hyperlanes: Hydian Way
Hyperlane Transfers: Bonadan
Influence Clouds: The Sith Empire, The Silver Jedi Order

Ru Comet was no stranger to strange requests due to his line of work though this one had to be the absolute strangest! A single Tier 3 package ordered for pick up in no-man's-land of the Tingle Arm originating in a ship named "The TURBO LOVER" was strangest one to date by far. It had taken the courier several long hours to even reach out this deep into space, and it was apparent to him that this would be a very long trip to Skako. When Ru Comet's ship entered the nameless system of the Tingle Arm he saw a massive red ship "Would you look at that?" he muttered to himself "A floating city." he had never really seen a ship that large up close. Of course he had heard of the rumors about the enormity of some Sith space vessels and Confederate vessels as well, though he hadn't expected to be so near one.

"Hey uh, is this the-" he picked up his datapad as he spoke into his communications terminal "The TURBO LOVER?" the comms channel was dead silent for a few seconds "Excuse me is th-" a weary voice cut off Ru Comet "Yes... this is the..." there was a loud sigh "The TURBO LOVER, what is your purpose here?" Ru couldn't help but feel bad for the signal officer on the other ship, it couldn't have been easy calling into every sector or port as the Turbo Lover. Hopefully he got paid enough for it! "Comet's Delivery Service. Here to pick up a package destined for a uh.. redacted location towards the core. I can't tell you, I hope you understand."

"Ah, I see. You're the courier that was contracted. We'll transfer the package to you momentarily. Please enter the hangar marked as this location." a blue dot showed up on Ru's navigational system, looking over to it he gave a nod "Right, I'm on it." he did feel a tad uneasy about entering such a menacing looking warship's hangar, but if they had wanted to kill him - for whatever reason that may have been - they would have when he entered the system. The YT-1760 burned through open space until it was able to cautiously enter the open hangar. When the landing gear touched the surface of the flight deck the light freighter's ramp lowered "Wow. This ship is absolutely massive!" he remarked jovially with the deck crew who seemed not to really care "Right..." he whispered under his breath "Imperials can't joke."

Meanwhile the Tier 3 package, as large as it was, was being moved along the flight deck by a repulsor fork lift. With the YT-1760's cargobay ramp opened it the container was loaded with little to no hassle. A deck officer approached Ru "Regards from the esteemed resident of this vessel. Your payment will be collected from the shipment's recipient." Ru looked the officer over and smirked behind his reflective visor "Sure thing. I thought for a moment you were about to say Turbo Lover, like the other guy." the officer's expressionless face remained with Imperial brand stoicism "Yes, that would be the name of this craft, though I find no use in repeating known information. Now since our business is concluded if you would kindly remove your..." he looked over the used and extremely old starship with smug disdain "Boat, from our hangar. It would be much appreciated."

Last edited:

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
Ru Comet walked into his ship as the ramp raised and sealed behind him. He went into the cargo hold and inspected the cargo container for any damages. Moving through the lobby, his furniture was back in its original place, he picked up a bottled drink "You really should start charging per unclaimed space." he opened the drink as the golden visor slid back. The YT-1760 lifted from The TURBO LOVER's flight deck and slid out from the hangar shielding. Normally he would've taken the Parlemain Trade Route into the host sector for Skako, but it was currently under conquest of The Sith Empire and he didn't want to risk another hole being blown into his ship so soon! The starship's hyperdrive activated and began one of the first of many such jumps through the Tingle Arm. With no Hyperdrive and very little piracy in the area he would be relatively safe.

About two or three hours later he had made it to the edge of TSE space, near Cantonica "Simple hyperlane transfer, no big deal, and all the fights are so far away." he reassured himself as he he brought up the datapad to review the contract "If nobody sees, you get a bonus, but what does that mean?" he supposed it meant that his cargo shouldn't be spotted and that should be simple enough. Putting the datapad down, Ru, took hold of the flight controls and activated the hyperdrive. As the stars blurred around him he smiled to himself in the empty light freighter "You're making it big, Comet!"

The starship launched through hyperspace then returned to realspace near the planet of Cantonica, the hyperlane transfer wouldn't be far from here. Ru flipped his radio on and could hear multiple pilots chattering away about their trajectories and some cracking jokes. Being the end of the hyperlane there weren't many starships here, though the few that were here were very large bulk freighters at the start or end of their journey.

Ru Comet

Courier Extraordinaire
"YT-1760 aligning, don't bump into me big guy." he called over the radio a bulk freighter that was a tad closer that Ru would've appreciated, in response the bulk freighter pilot responded in a foreign language. Ru sighed with frustration "Nobody speak Common anymore!" with disgust he grabbed the hyperspace actuator lever and pushed it to the end of its track. All of the YT-1760's sub-light engines died down momentarily as power was being routed for the jump.

As the YT-1760 flew down the Hydian Way hyperlane, there wasn't anything more for Ru to do. The system would take him all the way to Skako without much more input from him. Now it was a waiting game. Unbuckling from his seat the spacer went into the lobby and laid on the couch, flipped on some music and began to try and get some sleep. Should anything go wrong an alarm would definitely wake him up.

A few hours later the ship dropped into realspace, just outside of high orbit of the planet of Skako. A soft binging noise echoed through the starship's interior "Nmh-" Ru, now awake, sat up on the couch and looked at his datapad to see what time it was "Right on time." he stood and stretched his back and arms then walked into the cockpit. He leaned over and looked at his communication terminal and saw a few routine notices about his entry into sovereign territory "Annnddd, clear all." he tapped the screen deleting a slew of unread system administration notices.

"Skako Spaceport, YT-1760 requesting landing permissions." for a moment there was silence over the line then a droid spoke up "YT-1760 your request to land is denied." Ru did a double take at the terminal then said again "Skako Spaceport, YT-1760, Comet's Delivery Service, requesting landing permissions." another length of silence then the droid responded "YT-1760, your request to land is denied." Ru spoke between gritted teeth "Skako Spaceport, why not?" was the droid just messing with him? Had his serial speeding offenses finally caught up to him and they were now denying him entry? "YT-1760, your request to land has been denied due to your failure to accept the Terms and Conditions of landing at Skako Spaceport." with absolute confusion Ru asked with an incredulous tone "What terms and conditions? What are you talking about? I don't have any terms and conditions!" the droid replied "YT-1760, a digital copy of Skako Spaceport Terms and Conditions labelled Usage Rights and Waivers was sent to your vessel upon entry to the Skako system."

"You've got to be joking." Ru groaned and put his helmeted head into his hands "Ugh... send another copy." the droid voice sounded quite prerecord now "YT-1760, would you like Skako Spaceport to reissue a copy of the Terms and Conditions to your vessel's communication console?" Ru screamed and started to punch the dash, kicking the underside of his consoles, and writhing around for several seconds. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly "Skako Spaceport." he sounded ominous "Yes. I would like a copy of the Terms and Conditions sent to my COMMUNICATION CONSOLE OR SO HELP ME I WILL TURN YOU INTO SCRAP!" then an alert came over the communications terminal and displayed one of the messages that Ru had summarily deleted without reading. Scrolling through it he was even more enraged that it basically said nothing at all. Essentially it read that Skako Spaceport wasn't responsible for fueling, servicing, or protecting starships. Slapping the AGREE option he heard the voice of the droid chime "Welcome, YT-1760, to Skako! Please enjoy your stay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom