Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Cause we're living in a sparring world! (Kahlil/Kat)

It been awhile since Kat had a decent duelling session with anyone, her last duel that was notable was a half-Echani who beat her in a proper Echani duel. Since then, Kat been practising with droids and such again since she was trying to get her head around the Ataru form which was a form that suited her but it was still fairly early days in the learning process. Today however, she had agreed to spar with a newcomer to the Order, it wasn't something she was super keen on but meeting new people and making friends was always good and something to look forward to.

Tying her silver hair into a tight bun, Kat looked down at her outfit, it was a loose white t-shirt and some dark jogging bottoms. It was clothes that gave her most freedom in movement, though it also meant that her robotic legs weren't so visible to an opponent. Grabbing her Force Pike, she made her way down to the training sands, place often used for sparring and training combat skills in. Kat was here daily to practice her Echani tiers and Ataru form. It was a nice room, better than the library or some of the stuffier classrooms that people used.

Twirling her staff around, she waited on her opponent to arrive, she only knew his name was Kahlil and little else about him so be interesting what she would learn from his fighting style.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

It had been months since Kahlil last fought someone in any sort of combat. It had been when he was still a Sith, and since then all of his usual skills had completely changed. His frail form had bulked out, and his strength in Sorcery had been reduced to completely useless. So, this was as much a test for himself on how far he had come as a curious way to interact with his fellow Jedi.

At least [member="Kat Decoria"] didn't seem to be distrustful of him due to his lineage, which was a welcome change. The young man had a simple black tank and a loose pair of jeans worn, with no weapon in hand as he entered the room, his hands casually resting in his back pockets. "Hey."

Placing her staff aside, Kat looked over Kahlil, he was reasonable bulk. She was use to being around well built men, her brothers were very bulky themselves as they had been extremely skilled warriors. She missed them, they often teased her being more lithe but when she was able to hit them in training they definitely felt it so Kat was always pleased when she did hit them. Looking down at Kahlil, she raised an eyebrow at his choice of attire, jeans seemed restrictive in combat but she decided it would be best not to mention that. If he was comfortable fighting in it then she would not critique.

"Did you want to spar hand to hand or weapons, or a mixture of both?" Kat asked as she leaned against the wall as she crossed her arms over her chest. She was curious to see how much combat he knew and how well he would cope in a duel with an Echani, few people could keep up with her as she often found out. So it was always interesting if they did keep up and were better than her in a fight.

"Either or works. Force included though?" Kahlil began stretching, folding his arms over his chest, extending his legs, the works. Gotta stay limber. The jeans he was wearing were made specifically to be loose to give him free reign of movement. Stylish and functional. The young man got into a loose fighting stance, his hands raised in defense. He had learned a couple of things from his close friend before coming to the Jedi, so it'll hopefully prove useful.

"Lemmi know when you're ready."

Pausing, she thought on it and shook her head. It would be interesting to see how this guy coped without using the Force in a combat situation. There were plenty of ways to take the Force from a Force User which would make it difficult for most Jedi. Smirking, "no Force or weapons then." Kat watched as he adopted a loose fighting stance, it was interesting position. Kat grounded herself more and took a firmer stance, her eyes studied Kahlil firmly as she analysed the best way to approach the fight.

Similar to most men, Kat couldn't approach the fight attempting to use her own weight and power. She needed to be agile, nimble and use his weight against him. Picturing the style of fighting she wanted to go with, Kat moved with speed, last minute Kat jumps up high and sends a flying side kick to Kahlil's chest. Landing, Kat fell into a crouch and spun to do a sweep of his leg.

"Well, you'll probably win in that regard. I'm not all that well versed in hand to hand." Kahlil gave an apologetic smile to [member="Kat Decoria"] as he rose his hands into a far more rigid stance. "Sorry ahead of time if you find yourself bored." The young man took a deep breath, focusing. No Force meant he'd really only be relying on the skills he had picked up as a spacer, and the muscles he had earned from months of training.

He quickly ducked to the side as Kat sent a flying kick for him. Nimble. His hazel eyes watched as she landed and sent a sweeping kick for him. He lept upwards and back, avoiding the metal limb with a surprised look on his face. She wasn't just nimble, she was strong. He let out a nervous laugh as he landed, trying to make space between them. She was going to break something of his at this rate. He kept to the defensive, his hazel eyes studying how she moved. How she struck. He couldn't be careless, not with those legs.

Shaking her head, seemed the man was setting himself up for failure. "Hm." Was all that she had to say on the matter on his combat skills, perhaps he will learn a thing or two about fighting from her. He dodged her attacks well but she was barely getting started and Kat had a few things still in her belt that could give her the upper hand. She studied him again as he took another defensive stance. Kat held her fists tight and planned her next attack, her next few attacks and the ways in which they could be countered and his next moves.

Darting forward, Kat used the mircorepulsors to increase her jump and sent her foot towards his head. Spinning in the air, she landed firmly and swung her fists hard and fast at his stomach and chest. Using her speed and aggressive style, after several punches, she jumped back and somersaulted. Safely landing Kat went into strong defensive stance, rolling her shoulders as she prepared for Kahlil's attempts of attacks. Breathing deeply and exhaling slowly as she focused on Kahlil.

Kahlil was purposefully keeping back, watching, defending. He didn't know [member="Kat Decoria"] or how she fought, and if he had jumped in she'd of easily taken him out with those legs of hers. No Force or Weapons huh. The young man chuckled at the thought, though he didn't have long before Kat again dove into the fight. He ducked under the head kick, more or less rolling backwards to keep the distance as she landed, then brought up his arms to start deflecting the blows as best he could.

Which, wasn't all that good. Blow after blow landed on his chest when he couldn't deflect them. Never had he felt so happy about the rigorous training he had gone through to strengthen his body. This would of wrecked him if he hadn't. It was when she decided to jump back that the young man sprang into action. His defensive mannerisms faded as he surged forward after her. Midway through her somersault he brought his fist around in a hard, heavy punch for her stomach.

Kat landed too many blows, it was not a good sign, clearly this man had no significant training in basic self-defence and was mostly self-taught. While that might be good in the average bar fight or back alley brawl, they were fighting stronger opponents, better trained opponents. Kat sighed as she thought about if this was the sorry state most Jedi were in or if Kahlil was just a unique case. Only other Jedi she really faced was a half Echani, trained in all tiers of Echani combat. Kat was able to keep up for most of that duel but was still overpowered in the end, she doubted that this would end in a loss for her.

"You know, I would have thought you would be better at this with all that muscle. Seems it's just for show, shame." Kat taunted.

The punch came mid-somersault, using her microrepulsors on her legs, she was able to dart out of the way with ease. Landing, she gave a smirk, well he was somewhat clever, she knew that she couldn't overwhelm him with stylish tricks and flips. Moving forward, she leapt in the air, throwing several kicks at Kahlil before landing throwing several jabs, reverse punches and finishing her punches with a back fist to his head. From there, Kat returned to her defensive stance and looked at Kahlil with her fists raised high to her chin.

"Like I said, I'm not really good at hand to hand." He had already told [member="Kat Decoria"] how outclassed he was. Especially with her cybernetics. A sigh escaped him as he watched the young woman dodged his punch with ease. It was so clearly one sided, and rather then let himself just get beat to a pulp Kahlil raised a hand. The air around him suddenly stirred and picked up as he unleashed a gust for the woman as she jumped at him midair to knock her back.

"I surrender."

The gust of wind blew Kat back, forcing her to land on all fours then stare at Kahlil in deep disappointment. Kat rose to her feet and clenched her fists tightly. "Hmph. Pathetic, you surrender too easily. How will you cope when Mandalorians attack you with ysalamiri, removing your connection to the Force. Or when an opponent has a voidstone weapon." Kat growled as she stared him down, he was weak without the Force and seemed unwilling to try and become a better fighter without it. Crossing her arms as she shook her head, calming herself down from her annoyance and frustration.

"Sorry, but you need to learn how to fight without depending on the Force. It will not always be there to protect you." Kat stated as she sighed and lowered her arms. Moving around, Kat inhaled deeply and exhales. "I can teach you some Echani combat skills if you want to learn but you need to understand that this will not be easy and using the Force will not help you with this." Kat said as she leaned against the wall and watched the young man, her eyes cold with little emotion.

"I don't mind learning how to fight without the Force, but I'm not here for you to beat on for your enjoyment." Kahlil rolled his eyes at [member="Kat Decoria"] 's reaction. She had a point of course, but this wasn't that sort of scenario. If anything, it was suppose to be a friendly spar. "You want to show me how to fight, that's fine. But don't call my pathetic because I'd rather not fight a loosing battle and waste my time when I could be learning how to defend myself." He shrugged his shoulders before he began dusting off his tunic. If she could teach him, more power to her.

But he wasn't going to waste his time getting beaten up.

Kat shook her head, "maybe, but you didn't try to defend yourself. When I was learning Echani combat my siblings assessed how capable I was by giving it their all against me and I had to fight back as hard as I could. You could have tried to figure out something you could do, I had to earn the chance to learn the Echani tiers." Kat stated firmly as she remembered constantly being beaten and bruised as she had to learn how to defend herself. Often near the end of her training with her siblings attack her both at the same time.

However, Kahlil wasn't Echani and he wasn't Kat. If he didn't feel that this was the best way to learn how to deal with opponents. She was Echani and combat was a different for her, it was everything. "Fine. I can teach you but I will not go easy on you." Kat stated sternly as she crossed her arms and looked over Kahlil. Tightening her fists, she took a firm attack stance and gesture that Kahlil copy her.

"I did until it became clear how outclassed I was." Kahlil shrugged. He had nothing to prove to [member="Kat Decoria"] , or the Echani. His life was filled with conflict from when he was a much younger age, far more then just getting beaten up. When you face death as a child you learn pretty quick to avoid wasting time. Kat did, however, agree to teach him, so he mimicked her stance rather easily.

Learning was always his strong suit.

The lax expression he had during their confrontation faded, replaced by a focused stare. He was ready to learn.

"There will always be opponents that will outclass you, they won't let you surrender, they will kill you. Fighting people who outclass you will show you want you can give when you have nothing left." Kat watched as he adopted her stance, to her it was wildly off. She repeatedly made adjustments his stance and force him into the strong stance. Even things minor could risk undoing him if he faced an opponent skilled in Echani combat. Her teaching was strict and rough, often roughly moving his arms and legs in place. Slapping Kahlil on the forehead when he did something wrong that she didn't like.

Kat then demonstrated the first tier kata, moving in the air with grace and almost like a dancer in movement. She then slowed it down so he could see the individual movements. "The first time is how you should move with this and the second showing you how to do the individual steps." Kat stated as she watched him with cold, analytical eyes.

"I've spent my life under the threat of real death, so I understand that better then you think. I just don't want to waste my time getting beaten up when I could be learning something." Kahlil's eyes narrowed as [member="Kat Decoria"] began smacking his head. It was one thing to show him what he was doing wrong, even as rudely as she was. But actually smacking him? The woman was clearly nothing more then a bully.

But she knew what she was doing. Maybe she just didn't know how to talk to people normally. Echani were obsessed with battle from what he knew of them, so that might be it. He'd have to ask her at some point, when she wasn't busy drilling in the style. He followed her instructions, not doing very well at first when she first showed him. But he was determined to get it right and would continue until finally he did.

It wasn't bullying that she was doing, it was aggressive and heavily critical training. Learning Echani combat was something that reflected on the Echani who taught it. She was determined to make sure that Kahlil didn't act like the coward that she saw in their duel. "Facing death frequently, you should be more determined to give it all in your duels. Doesn't matter whether you know whether you win or lose, you could have figured out a weakness, something to stop me from beating you. Giving up just makes me think that when things get too tough in the real world, you will bend over or run away." Kat stated in a cool tone.

Strengthening his stances, Kat looked at him and huffed. "Adequate. You need to spend at least a year training this stance but you should have some idea what to do in a duel where your Force connection is severed." Kat stated before moving back and picking her staff up. "Did you want a second duel where you can use the Force?" Kat offered as she was curious to see how much more of a challenge it would be with the Force included in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom