Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cause and Effect

Ryloth
Military Eating Quarters

The rations that were given out to the military were a godsend. They tasted better than the food that I have dealt with in the past. I happily ate the food as though this would be my last meal. Not even caring that the other soldiers around me were staring. What was good about this, is that I would be left alone. The metal fork I was using scraping against the plastic tray as I scarfed down a moshpit of grained potatoes and synthetic meat that was just meant to give you nutrients. Not a tasteful tongue.

Either way, I cleaned my plate rather quickly. Giving way to opening the small carton of liquid that tasted like flavored water. Chugging down the entirety of it in a few seconds. It cleaned out the grit from between my teeth, and cleaned my palate. Standing up, I was sitting for less than a couple minutes to eat my food, and then walk out of the eating quarters. or as they called it, a Cafe. I was used to having to cook my own food, instead of being given slop. However, the slop was better than dead flesh of humans.

After placing my tray down on the end, I walked out. Leading myself through the various halls and towards my room. However, something was strange. Even as I stood here in a borrowed uniform that the military of the CIS had given me, I felt naked without my leather clothing. As such, It was quite the look I was given to be wearing my leathers, with just the buttoned shirt lazily worn over the armor. The guards to my room simply looked at me, and moved out of the way to allow entry to my room.

Inside, It looked the same. No one was here. But something was off. It was weird. Why was I being sought out. I mean, only a few people of the Mandagora knew of my situation. So why were their now guards outside my room.

"You will be visited momentarily."

Whatever that was. I moved to remove my shirt from the leathers, and was there with my pants, kama, and my bra on. I was attempting to dress myself in the leather jerkin when I heard a knock at the door. I rolled my eyes. Whatever it was, I stood up and looked towards the doorway. Not sure what to expect.

[member="Srina Talon"],

Ryloth was a place that Srina felt she would never escape. The Mandragora were based in the blazing desert, drawing strength, and security from the place where the Night Mother was first crowned. Her Master had also chosen to build his home, his refuge, past the wall of a perpetual sandstorm. Unless one had the coordinates it would be nigh impossible to find. The pale-skinned Echani walked down the ramp from one of Darth Metus’s personal transports, the Ferocity, and descended into the busy spaceport.

A small squad of Confederate droids heralded her arrival and crewmembers paused as she passed, straightening up, as if she were going to scold them for slouched shoulders. Srina understood the value of protocol but she also understood that these individuals had been working tiresome hours. They were good men. Loyal. They didn’t deserve her scorn. “At ease, gentlemen…”, the snow-kissed woman assured them lightly, dual tones lovely, sweet and pure as a morning bell. Slowly but surely she was getting used to issuing orders. “We won’t be leaving today. After the Ferocity is secure please rest and recuperate until summoned. You will be given ample notice so that you may finish your activities.”

The average soldier suffered substantial performance degradation when fighting the effects of stress and fatigue. Sleep deprivation was an unfortunate side effect of their work but alertness was a requirement. Their general well-being and health was paramount. If she lost one of her Masters favorite ships, and reliable crewmembers due to overtaxing them, she didn’t think that Darth Metus would be too pleased with her.

The silvery woman left her men be with a delicate nod and met the guards stationed at the bottom of the ramp. She had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. Between her Master, Admiral Aedan Miles, and Katria Vekarr, there was always someone obsessed with ensuring her safety. At least she didn’t have an entire garrison of hulking Craigmaloids this time. That would have caused quite the stir. The fact that she could, and had, taken care of herself seemed to elude everyone entirely.

She was guided soundlessly by personnel that took her to the entity she was assigned to meet. Srina was not clad in armor, considering the type of assignment, but instead wore a sensible traveling dress. It was pale blue in color and fit her slender form like a glove. There were slits in the material that ran to her upper thighs for an ease of movement but tan colored leathers were visible beneath it, tucked into a set of practical, low heeled boots. The back was cut low, but a cloak of white, the edges dusky and a little frayed, lay pinned over slender shoulders.

Her ivory handled lightsaber was visible at her hip, but otherwise, no other weapons were obvious. That didn’t mean that there weren’t any...Merely that they couldn’t be seen.

“Here you are, Lady Talon.”

Srina internally grimaced at the title but held her tongue. Being an apprentice of the Confederate Vicelord came with a lot of things that she still wasn’t used to. Such respect, instantly, was one of those things. The application of such a noble distinction caused her teeth to grind. The guard to the left knocked on the door and Srina twirled the plain silver ring on her fourth finger with her thumb. The portal slid open once entry was granted, and the apprentice stepped forward, flaxen hair gleaming like white-gold under the artificial lights.

Silver eyes lay upon an unexpected sight. Her Master had heard of someone staying with the Mandragora, someone wise, older than she looked, and that perhaps, this individual might be able to help with her Force Sight. Srina hadn’t expected someone so young. She looked a few years older than Srina herself, stood a few inches taller, but there was a strength in her stance that the pale woman recognized. No. There was more to the female before her than her Echani eyes could discern on appearances alone.

Her chin inclined respectfully and the small warrior took a breath to introduce herself. “Greetings. My name is Srina Talon. Please forgive me for the unannounced intrusion.”

Srina straightened, gray eyes silent and unmoved, in the presence of what some may call a Goddess. She did not understand the term. For her, the Goddess was the Moon Mother, the Bright Lady, the one who protected and guided her people in all things. The gentle and ghostly Nailimisari was not represented in this woman at all. Never one to mince words the well-educated Echani got straight to the point.

“I am an apprentice to the Confederate Vicelord and he has requested that I seek your assistance in a matter.”

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

The person who walked into the room was quite... different. She was force sensitive, but uncontrolled. Unrefined. I could feel the nervousness from her. I smiled lightly. She was here for a reason other than a want. More so a need. Almost a necessity. That thought was answered as soon as she started talking. Asking for forgiveness was either out of respect, or as a sign that they didn't want to intrude. Yet she did. She seemed to almost be requested here without my asking. Likely my name was thrown to her as someone who could help with her problem. As she also did state to me. However, she neglected to state what it was. So, I took this moment to search her with the force.

Emotions everywhere. Confused, scared, and even afraid of whatever this was. Yet, I could also feel the almost resentment of having to come somewhere else, or to learn from someone such as myself. Seeing as I was only in a bra for my upper torso for the moment, the fact that she didn't seem to react to it showed a level of maturity that she had dealt with situations like this before, or she didn't mind it. Good. She was knowledgeable enough.

"Something is happening to you that you, or Metus cannot explain. So you seek counsel of someone else, Correct?"

Turning around, I walked over to the desk. Pulling out a hidden kettle and small stove that I kept hidden for my uses. Seeing as she was here, she would understand the need for it. However, all I had was coffee. I began to make some for myself while still taking to her with my back to her at the moment.

"Your emotions are wild and fearful of whatever it is. If you do not want this as a weakness, you need to understand what it is, how to control it, and how to keep it from the minds of others like myself."

Upon grinding the coffee with the force, and easily sifting it into the top of the coffeemaker, I walked back over to her and faced her.

"You likely already know my name and status, but just to make it official. I am Kalee Bladeborn. Goddess of War of the Moross Pantheon upon Exocron. That title holds no meaning now, and you were not born when the religion died."

Offering up my hand, a set of chairs moved from the corner of the room and placed themselves onto the floor so that she may sit if she wished. The room also transformed for the crate of ammo in the back became a makeshift table as the coffee cups were laid out and prepared. My mastery over telekinesis was very evident with how effortless all of these motions did.

"Now, Miss Talon. What is it that you seek me for?"

This lady went right to the point. She wanted something from me. Something that I would have to search through all of my knowledge of to possibly answer with. Even them, I may not have the answer. However, I would help her. Something of this young woman reminded me of myself. Once this vessel had been a Sith Acolyte with the old Sith Empire. A being who wanted revenge, and later emerged a Warrior of the Moross Crusade. Yet, even with all of her efforts, she still perished within the Netherworld. I was born from this anguish and pain of this woman. I am Kalee Bladesworn. The Goddess that took this form. Zoey felt like distant memories. This woman, made these memories resurface in a way that I have not felt in a long time.

[member="Srina Talon"],

The slender Echani did not bat an eye at the state of undress the warrior woman before her was in. She had knocked, and had been granted entrance, so she assumed that her host didn’t care either. Srina was from a culture where minimal clothing was commonplace. Srina only chose to dress rather conservatively away from her home world because of practical issues. A midriff-baring top would not protect her very well, not from the elements, and not from any weapons. Not to mention the tendency that most humanoids had of staring when she walked by. It was grating.

Eshan was full of warriors. Fighters. Srina had no qualms about learning something from anyone—no matter their history. If she was biased against the woman before her she would have been biased against some of her own people. That just wasn’t the case.

“My Master can explain it. I simply cannot control it.”

Her affliction was simple. Force visions ran havoc through her mind, like a runaway starship, whenever they wanted, and however they wanted. Srina remained near the doorway as Kalee Bladesworn went to make herself some sort of heated beverage. The patient apprentice listened to her words, finding both truth, and fault in them. “Power doesn’t frighten me. My emotions are only a complication from the things I see. Not, from having visions themselves. I have long since accepted that. Darth Metus has begun training me to lock my mind. It is a difficult and lengthy process involving repeated exposure to a phobis device. Shoring up my mind, as I’ve been led to believe, will take time.”

Srina remained silent as names and titles were laid before her. If she was surprised at hearing the word ‘Goddess’ her pale features remained expressionless marble. The snow-kissed apprentice had heard so many titles, so many claims of power and influence recently, that they no longer held meaning for her. It didn’t hold any weight because it all boiled down to skill and perception.

Objects began to move around the room of their own accord and Srina quietly took the seat that was offered. Her small frame seemed touched with endless grace, every movement controlled, with zero wasted energy. Despite the softness of her appearance, it would soon become evident that there was more to the white-washed Echani than what could be easily determined. She seemed unnaturally still, barely seeming to breathe, as they moved on to the heart of the problem.

“I seek your knowledge. Perhaps, guidance.”, Srina spoke slowly, choosing her words carefully. It wasn’t that she didn’t know what to say. She simply didn’t know how to articulate it. The Force was still new to her. She was still accepting the notion that little men running around with laser swords really existed to protect peace in the galaxy. “I cannot be certain.”

“The images that come to me, visions, whatever it may be called are inexplicably strong. My Master has tried to say that nothing is the norm with the Force…But he hesitates as he never does. I know, that this is different. That I am an oddity. When they come…I cannot stop it. I cannot end it. I feel it in every way—And I must endure until its completion.”, Srina explained as best she could, silver eyes dropping to the coffee cups on the makeshift table, as if the mere admission of this left her weaker. Foresight seemed like a gift but it was mostly a liability. If she had a vision while fighting and she couldn’t move through it, there could be dire, deadly consequences. “One of the first visions I had when I met Darth Metus was of his death…”

“I lost sense of reality. I watched Mandalore burn. I watched him burn—and in my mind’s eye I burned as well. I could feel his pain. I could see my skin crack and peel. Feel it melt away. Yet, there was no physical damage when he pulled me from it.”

“I need to find a way to control this. I must.”, the young woman finished, skipping over some of the gory, more violent details. It served no purpose. Every time she went through a powerful enough vision her Force abilities also went berserk. Her telekinesis had been rudimentary, at best during that time, but when it exploded from her she’d nearly torn her Masters ship apart. At the same time, she’d caused the temperature to drop, and actually freeze liquid in an effort to put out the fire on Mandalore. “Anything can trigger it. A glance, a touch of hands, a memory…Nothing is safe.”

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom