Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Caught Between The Devil and His Daughter (Adenn/Adara)

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
Husband goes into battle, happens enough when you’re married to a Mandalorian, ends up hellaciously injured. Before I can get to him, who up and shows but my grandbaby, the cursed child? Don’t know how I could push the engines of the skiff any faster, or what sort of clearance Daddy got to git me down here so fast, but it worked. Try as I could, as much insanity I’ve been through, nothing prepares a woman for seeing her husband banged up and missing limbs.

But he was alive… and the second I saw him, my death-crazed Kyramuddie, I knew he ought not to be. The grin on his face was one I wore, when Yash pulled my limp body out of the Warlock Gate. When I got home to Mandalore, my baby in my arms to the yaim we shared with her daddy. Adenn’d stared death iris to iris. Probably deserved it, too, battle like this. Instead, Adara was cuddled into him, as if she hadn’t run off. As if she hadn’t fethed and told anyone who’d listen her mama’s dead and what’s left ought to be buried in the ground under duracrete. As if she hadn’t been standing beside her blood-daddy, the same man who raised my soul from the Netherworld, when he destroyed a city in the name of Zambrano revenge. S’rightly when I heard Adenn admit he’d rather not kill our kids or me.

Shocked the words out of my mouth, no simple feat, I assure.

I stared at the stump of Adenn’s arm, tried to remember what it looked like. How the arm once held the kids, or draped across me in the night. The arm he used when we fought at a training day years before, when Adara was young and only minorly corrupted.

“Oh, Adenn! Makin’ limbs by this point’s like changin’ th’oil in my speeder.” Reaching around his chest, I took the injuries in as much stride as a mother who raised her first baby in Hell could.

Which was a significant amount of stride.

“Be my fourth arm. Seventh limb, of the customs.” Living snark betrays the thick spacer’s accent I speak Basic and Mando’a through. Direct betrayal of how flustered and afraid Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud ‘s wife actually is. “Course it’d take a mountain t’knock your ‘gam off, heaven knows I ain’t found the power, yet.”

Another gregarious laugh, tears flooded my eyes and I can’t bear to let Adara see them. The idea that anything I show my eldest grandbaby belongs not to me, but her daddy… well it burns enough layers off my tongue to keep me from speaking. But Adenn survived, and the girl I fear more’n’my daughter did it, and he’s talkin’ about how it happened and I don’t care.

“Hold ont’me, sweet pea. ‘Dara, git on girl. I’m more worried on yo’gran’daddy, so git! Go on!” All I can do is look in his eye, and lean up to kiss him. Hard and feral, no gentility for old warriors until after I see his scars for myself. I half tug him toward the skiff, as another swings by to pick up Adara’s guards, and set the injured Gunner up with three medics wearing Clan Raxis’ medic ‘gam.

My thickly accented speech shocked Adara out of her mute cuddle between us. Cannot fathom what that girl’s head is doing, but all I can do is push us all into the skiff and upward.

“Did… did grandma just… hug me?” Poor little experiment-child, her wits’re in a tornado without the wind.

“Yes, child. Hop up or I won’t do it again! Help ba’buir up, eh?” I smirk a little as Adara hops to, scampers onto the skiff and lends a hand. “Easy there, easy. Hank! You keep the throttle smooth or I will pitch you into a sarlac pit and watch your gut gives it high cholesterol! Cruelty to super beasts… keep… keep us steady. Take us to my father’s ship.”

Once we’re situated on the skiff, I sit beside Adenn, unwrapping an emergency blanket and pull it across his body. His lap.

“Drink? Yeah, baby, we can get you a drink… y’want water, or tea?” Arm around his shoulders as if I could protect him from the pain inevitably coming next, I put on that impetuous grin and kiss his cheek. The fallen city flattens below us, dust still settling as the throttle raises gently toward the thinner part of the atmosphere. “Dara, kiddo don’t… don’t look at that, you don’t need to…”

“I do. I need to see this. I need to see what my father did, because others made me cry.”

My breath catches, and I see in Adara the same look her mama gave her, whenever she'd blamed herself for the sins around her. Adara would always blame herself. Needed to face the blame she slammed on her own shoulders, or... gods dang I don't know.

Last edited:
Standing there with Aditya and Adara by his side, Adenn could see the thoughts racing through Aditya's mind, though he hardly knew what she was thinking. Then she spoke about making him a new arm, prompting Adenn to simply grin again. It certainly wouldn't be the same, but prosthetic limbs certainly had more uses than regular ones did, which was a plus. Nevertheless, he was still glad that his wife would be able to help tremendously with getting him a new limb, as she would no doubt be able to customize it even more than the other engineers of Clan Mortui. Yet, Adenn also noted how strong her accent was becoming, meaning she was at the very least nervous about it all. He wouldn't say afraid, Aditya didn't become afraid, others became afraid of her.
"Of course c'yare, you'll be able to whip up the best arm I'd ever be able to get. Built in flamethrower, blaster, slug thrower, missile launcher, nanites. Hell," Adenn leaned in to whisper conspiratorially to her, "maybe it'll even be made out of nanites so I can just transform it into the above mentioned things. I know you can make any of it happen, and I love you all the more for it."

That should be able to get her minds off his near death experience. Nothing like something new and nigh unheard of to get one's mind off of death. At the same time, he does note the tears that had started to appear, though Adenn could only suspect the reason why. Regardless of the reason, Adenn made a mental note to talk with her about it later, hopefully to calm her down and let her see reason. Of course he'd need to find out from her what it was she was so worried about, and then fix it. But that's what couples did, along with kissing. Adenn returned the feral kiss of Aditya with one of his own, moving to pull her close to himself.

Keeping her close to himself, Adenn pushes her to the skiff while also being pulled along. Giving her a tight squeeze, Adenn smirks to himself while looking her over once more. For now he ignores the talk about the hug, despite knowing it was a rare occurrence. If he had anything to say about it, it wouldn't stay one for much longer, at least not while they were together. Instead he merely gave Adara a confident nod, smiling at his granddaughter. With a laugh, Adenn helps Aditya up onto the skiff with a firm push to her rear, and shortly thereafter he climbs aboard with some help from Adara. In doing so, he stumbles as he pulls some tighter muscles against one another.

As he was offered a drink, Adenn couldn't help but laugh again. He loved his wife, he truly did, but right now she misinterpreted what he wanted entirely. Grinning at her, Adenn spoke with a voice full of humor, while silently covering up the darkness that needed to be covered.
"I'll take some water c'yare, but I was thinking more along the lines of alcohol. I could go for some netra'gal at the very least." Smiling, Adenn pulled the blanket higher up, covering his lower body as well. " 'Course if we don't have any, I'll wait till we're on the ship. Hopefully they'll have something strong."

With a grin still on his face, Adenn leaned against the back seat of the skiff, making himself comfortable. For now he was content, and hopefully he'd stay that way for some time longer.

“Nantes and laminanium. Maybe some beskar alloy in there. Use some of your biometrics to power the generators inside. Lil generator, maybe some repulsor tech and arc reactors. Take enough force, and brzaaap. Instant destruction.” My head rests on Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud ‘s shoulder, hugged as I am into his side. A furtive memory hits, and as much as that part of my life is done, I can’t stop seeing... no.

Back then, I was wide eyed, not even a mother. Yasha still in my belly. Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib was a twelve year old mercenary I hired to get my now dead riduur out of a Sith prison. He’d given up long before we got there, soul crushed under the loss of his leg, and horrors of war.

Adenn’s smiling, but I know that smile. Way he looks at me, I know once Adara’s gone I’ll be answering more questions than I have for him. Part of life, I suppose. The kiss breaks any lingering thoughts I had on the past, or how much work Adara Raxis Adara Raxis must’ve done to bring my husband back from death. Questions of why Adara did it, how she did it can wait until after I know Adenn is stabilized and Gunner’s taken care of.

“You honestly think I, your loving wife, would leave our home without at least a flask?” I dip my forehead against his, a whisper and a soft smile, as I dig into my back pocket for a slim flask of Panathan kirc’ti. It’s enough like corellian whiskey to soothe his Mandalorian fire-breather’s palate. The flask cap turns against the lid as I flick it, Adara peeked, but sensing the intimacy of Adenn and I so close together, blushed and turned away.

“Don’t drink too much, you’re still recovering and I’d hate to send you into a tailspin.” Poor thing. She’s not the best seeing affection, is she? Guess Yash’s lovers Noah & Alex were the closest Adara got aside from us. “Dara, you doin’ okay sweet pea?”

“Hmm? Oh…” Adara looks up from the skiff window, and for once it’s easy to see she is still a child even if she’s sixteen. Her eyes wide and open, are identical to mine, lips pouted as the city below lays still. Silent as the mass grave it is. “Nothing’s moving… I thought…”

Her words die, and I nod her over. Obedient child, comes and sits beside me, curls in with her head on my lap. A hand much less diminutive than her younger years reached for Adenn, craving that connection with family he represented. Reprieve from the shadow cloud above our lives. For a minute or seven, we’re nothing but the straggler members of a family strong enough to weather the pains of Wayland, and I love on my aliit.

The ship folds around us soon enough, hangar bay a mass of activity. Sith clothed troopers, Panathan soldiers wear signals of House Zambrano and House Fitz-Kierke as we’re unloaded from the skiff. While the hangar is full of soldiers, all give us three a wide berth, as medics take Gunner off to the medical bay.

“Baby, we should go to the medical bay, too… or I can get the doctor to meet us in our quarters. S’not much, but Daddy did give me a place for us to stay while you’re here. Private, at least.”

His attempt to distract her worked, and gave her new ideas to use for his arm. For now, Adenn could hardly pay attention and memorize all that she was saying, but he knew they could properly work on something later, something that would truly be worthy of them working together. Chuckling at her suggestions, Adenn finds himself merely nodding along, mind already conjuring up various death contraptions.

As he's offered the flask, Adenn simply smiles smugly, knowing he helped cultivate that, even if it was only partially. Taking the flask with a word of thanks, Adenn heads her words of advice, if barely. With a smile on his face, Adenn takes a gulp of the alcohol, not even knowing the name of it, but finding it to be good enough for now.
"This gives me an idea c'yare. Whatever my arm turns out to be, it should have an extra container inside. Specially made to hold alcohol, and if need be, that can be converted to a flaming cocktail in times of need. Mainly for the alcohol though, that way I need to lose the arm again before I'm alcohol-less!"

Once Aditya questions Adara, he notes quietly how bleak the outside looks. Pointedly, and quite forcibly, Adenn keeps his gaze away from the windows, away from all the death that no doubt occurred in the city below. For now he focused on family, taking one last sip of alcohol before placing it to the side, and then gladly taking Adara's hand while keeping his arm around Aditya. Leaning back in his seat, Adenn focuses on nothing but family, ignoring all else as the skiff eventually comes to a rest in the ship.

Watching as medics take Gunner away, Adenn takes a deep, steadying breath. Gunner should be in good hands, so he'll make it through, which means Adenn can focus on himself and those by his side. Rising to his feet with the others, Adenn shakes his head with some mirth.
"I'll survive either way c'yare, just need to rest somewhere, drink and eat a bit too. But if you insist, we might as well go to the medbay and have me checked over."

Giving Aditya a tired peck on the forehead, Adenn sighed before slowly making his way forward, mostly ignoring the masses of troops in the hanger. For now he was too tired to care that half of them could be potential enemies, he simply wanted to rest and spend some quality time with his family.

Aditya Fitz Kierke Aditya Fitz Kierke

“Hah. Drink up, you fool.” My nose nuzzles into his cheek, and I kiss him once more, soft on the jaw. “Alcohol in your arm, eh? I bet I could pressurize it. You might have to water it down to drink it though, otherwise you’d go blind. If you wanted to ignite it.”

The trip enfolds around us, pleasant for its’ absurdity so soon after battle. Adenn so injured his own granddaughter had to bring him back from death’s brink. Whatever magic Adenn worked has me curled into his side, Adara stretched with us, and for once I feel like any grandmother, whose grandkid needed a cuddle. Adara’s vulnerable and it hits me she never allows herself to be that way around me, with good reason. I’ve always been hard on the child. Yet, now that the ship overwhelms us, the hand I put on Adara stiffens.

“Don’t let go of me, Adenn. I mean it.” The soldiers give us less and less wide a berth the closer we get to the corridors. Once we shift toward the lift up to the proper decks, three guards with energy pikes halt our progress completely.

“The filth stays in the hangar.” Brave of the man to think I won’t carve out his tongue for that, but before I can retort, Adara steps forward and removes her velvet hood. I reach for the beskad at my side.

“Princess!” A wave of salutes fan from our position,

“Bow your head before I take it.” Adara’s voice snarls into the air, a tangible threat in the black espers of fog which emanated from her fingers. Upon the Panathan ship of Sith colours, Adara had no reason to hide.

Her posture grew more precise, chin high. Mahogany curls bounced down her back in the dress I assume is spider silk or some form of fabric alchemist’s armour. Several members of the Militibus ex Infernis form around us, their massive Anubian forms near equalized by my Epicanthix kin. My arm tightens around Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud ‘s waist.

“My apologies, Lady Zambrano. We understood you were with your father.”

“Yes, and we shall bring him from the surface in due course, when he has completed his affairs. Now, my grandparents and I shall go to the medical bay. Guard the ship. I require hourly reports on the progress at Wayland. The moment word of my father’s readiness to leave the surface comes, I wish to both hear of it, and be on the ship to collect him. You may include survivors in your scan reports. Leave us.” She folded her hands in front of her and strode forward, dared the other guards to so much as twitch in our direction.

Further in every member of the ship’s crew stops short, shoves their backs against the walls and bow at Adara’s passing. I grit my teeth with a hesitant growl and follow along, holding my husband as firmly as I can. My back becomes a wealth of knots, each crew member another potential danger, but for the girl I’ve been warning everyone about. Only those with the Fitz-Kierke colours give myself and my husband any warmth.

“No way in hell I’m letting a droid fix you up. I.. ah... swung by Alderaan on the way, and...” The medical bay opens. A host of medical droids and the four Anubian who took Gunner remain on vigil in a secure surgical nook. Transparisteel between the surgical droids and the rest of the medical bay. Are my cheeks hot? Blushing? No! No way! I do not blush! Not for my scantily clad and gorgeous husband, good gosh he’s missing an arm!

I’m not blushing, the room got hot. Must be it... as Dr. Theo Allard, my and Yasha’s physician, rushes up and nods us silently toward a biobed in another more private nook.

“... Theo. I brought Theo.”

“Aditya, this place is insane. Have you seen their inventories? I could...” The doctor wondered at the resources of Girak’s ship, now that it was a member of the Imperial Family’s fleet. “... feth. Adenn, sit down. How are you even standing?”

“Glad it meets your expectations. Sorry that ed’cation I paid for put y’in a place t’complain about the Mandalorians scarcity, little ‘un. Care to ensure my husband’s not gon’die?”

“Sorry, Aditya.” Theo unceremoniously pushes Adenn onto the bed, and brings out a mediscanner.

At the suggestion, Adenn chuckled. Any alcohol used for fire would indeed need to be distilled for someone to drink it, that didn't mean Adenn wouldn't eventually try.
"Go blind c'yare? I'm already half blind, what with the lost eye and all that. So I doubt the alcohol would be able to make me lose sight in whatever contraption we dream up for that. That means I'll only be half blind, and more than able to see you love."

Smiling, Adenn gave her a peck on the cheek, ignoring the various personnel in the hanger. Already Adenn could see who could be a more potential enemy, while also spotting those who were allies. Not surprisingly the ones from House Fitz-Kierke are the allies, while all others fall under potential enemies, or at the very least non combatants. As Aditya warns him to stay close, Adenn can't help but chuckle, staring directly at a squad of Sith troopers. His gaze is dark, dangerous, and more than that, his grin is a promise of death.
"Don't worry c'yare, you'll hold me back and make sure I don't cause any... accidents here."

Needless to say, the squad he's staring at flinch back imperceptibly, before they glance at each other nervously. At the same time, those closest to them either glare at Adenn with a mixture of anger and surprise, while those who see his face simply grimace and take steps to put more distance between themselves. Their reactions cause Adenn joy, as it shows they know who's better here, though he can already tell there will be those who protest his being there. The entire time his arm remains wrapped around her shoulders, though the hold is loose, his grip tightens every now and then on her shoulder. This allows Adenn free range to move quickly if need be, while also reassuring Aditya that he's not going anywhere.

Not soon after that thought he was proven correct, as three guards moved to halt them. Adenn saw how other troops were close around them, either from his comment, need, or some desire to slow or halt them, Adenn can't tell or care. Now three stop them completely, and Adenn doesn't stop the sadistic laugh that rips through his throat. Aside from that however, Adara moves faster and steps forward before he can speak, stopping his words much as it stopped Aditya from speaking out.

Adara has full control of the situation, and Adenn lets her take control, silently and internally marveling how much she had changed. Once she's finished and moves forward, Adenn stays in place, thus stopping the procession behind them. The sadistic and dark grin on his face, Adenn stares directly at the one who had spoken, the one who had tried to keep Adenn here. When Adenn speaks, his voice is the stuff of nightmares, and it shows how little Adenn truly cares.

"Yes little huu'tuun, the filth like you stay here, never to advance, attain glory, or achieve anything of note. You will die... and no one will remember you." Adenn lets the words sink in for a few seconds before continuing, the grin never leaving his face. He slips free from the grasp of Aditya, taking a step closer to the guard, all while allowing his one arm to hang loosely by his side. It twitches there, clenching and clenching in preparation. "Perhaps your death will serve more use than your life ever did, such as advancing the goals of others. But it's unlikely, for you are nothing but chaff to be discarded."

The guard twitches in rage, all reason gone from his mind. He's just been humiliated openly by Adara(though it is his own fault, he doesn't see it as such) and now he's been insulted on top of that by Adenn. He doesn't care that the man before him is family to Lady Zambrano, nor does he care that his career will be over if he attacks. The only thing this guard can think of is anger and giving Adenn a beating for the trouble he's just gone through, for the humiliation and the insults.

As such, the guard snarls with rage before lashing out with his pike, uncaring of the consequences he slashes diagonally, hoping to hit Adenn from left shoulder and cut through to right hip. Adenn merely smiles in response and slips to the side, smoothly dodging the enraged guards swing in one, easy motion. Lashing out with his arm, Adenn jabs the guard in the throat for his troubles. The neck area is the hardest point to defend for armor, thus it is the most vulnerable, not to mention a very quick and easy way to break someone quickly. This guards armor is no different and the guards response the same as any other person upon being struck there.

With a strained gasp the guard lets go of his weapon, even as he collapses to his knees while his hands go to his throat. Snarling with joy, Adenn grabs the mans throat with his one remaining hand and lifts him up, armor and all. It puts undue strain onto his arm, but Adenn hardly cares. This is a matter of show, of proving that he not only has the backing of higher powers, but he himself is a high power, one not to be trifled with. The guards companions tensed in preparation, before pausing, realizing just how screwed they'd be, while also remembering that Adenn was not only under Adara's protection, but from his actions, a very formidable foe.

Behind Adenn the Anubian guards moved into ready positions, eyes scanning the Sith guards that had stopped them, though not discounting other Sith troops present. Adenn noted that all, but his eyes were focused solely on the guard in his grasp, slowly crushing his grip closer and closer, even as the man feebly sought to strike back or break free.
"Thus your death serves more use than your life ever did. How fortunate for you."

Unseen to all, the mans eyes widened behind his helmet, though before he could try anything more, a loud crack resounded in the hanger. Adenn had cleanly snapped the mans neck, pushing it to such an extent that while he wasn't dead, he would slowly suffocate to death as no oxygen reached his brain. Dropping the body with disdain, Adenn stepped over the guards dead body and returned to Aditya's side. The hanger was silent after the display of strength, simply shocked into silence by the casual dispatching of such a guard. They had seen death before, had seen Sith rage and kill their fellows, but it was rare to see a simply man do something like that, rarer still for it to be on a Sith ship.

Adenn cared for none of that however, instead placing a hand gently on Aditya's back and leading them both into the hall further on. Behind them followed the Anubian guards, less tense now that they were in the halls, though still more on guard than they had been before. In the hallway, only those closest to the door had seen the display, and thus only they showed any form of respect to those aside from Adara. The further in they got, the more animosity appeared, not that Adenn cared. Instead he marched with a half smile on his face, a true one at that, even as he nods to those with Fitz-Kierke colors.

Soon enough they reach the med bay, where Adenn can't help but notice his wife blushing. Smiling at her, Adenn pecks her quickly on the mouth, before looking towards Theo Allard. Nodding to the man, he follows his directions to the private corner even as he responds.
"Oh you know doc, just a miracle performed by my granddaughter."

Grinning, Adenn gave Adara a proud smile, even as he was pushed onto the bed. Adenn didn't complain though, the bed was far more comfortable than it had any right to be. Not only that, but Adenn was suddenly hit by the full extent of the exhaustion of the battle, along with everything that had happened since. His near death, the full fatiguing of his entire body, with it being pushed beyond its limits, and then this most recent confrontation where Adenn had pushed past the repairs Adara had made. Needless to say Adenn was thoroughly exhausted.

As Adenn was scanned, he took slow and deep breaths, waiting patiently for the outcome of the scan. While he didn't doubt Adara had done her best to heal him, it didn't mean Adenn had been fully healed, as there were no doubt many smaller things in his body that were off. Needless to say, the scan of Adenn's body showed something very similar. Everything in Adenn's body had been strained, to a deadly degree, and the only reason Adenn was alive was because of Adara. Not only had everything been strained, but numerous organs in Adenn's body were working at sub-optimal conditions, seeing as so much of it was under strain and being forced to work beyond what they should be capable of.

Adenn didn't notice any of that though, choosing instead to grab a nearby water glass and take a sip of water. Placing it down and lying flat fully, Adenn sighed before closing his eyes.
"Give it to me straight doc, how bad is it really?" He knew it was going to be bad, just not how bad it truly was.

The hangar shifted to a deep and dangerous silence. While those of House Fitz-Kierke hold amazing sway in our own ship, others are not so fortuitous about my Mandalorian husband.

“Adenn, be...” Useless. A whole bunch of useless the second the Sith trooper talks about my husband’s filthy nature. “Aw dang.”

Violence lingers, and for all my bravery I know the only reason we ain’t shot full of holes is the glare in Adara’s eyes. While I’m used to my husband being all sorts of insane violent to the enemies of anyone who’d so much as sneer at us, Adara’s cool silence is worse.

My arms wrap around Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud ‘s waist to help hold him up. Also, if he goes too batty I might be able to swing him around and jump in the way. Since when? Since when could Adara look at brazen death and be so chill with it, she doesn’t even shrug? The man’s body hits the ground, every syllable from my husband’s voice rings inside my bones. Ice in my bone marrow.

“How disappointing.” Adara steps over the mangled man, after reaching for another’s hand. “Strip him, jettison the body. Add his name to the battle report. Round up his compatriots, send them for reeducation, if he could disobey a direct order from the Royal House, his fellows might follow suit.”

She walked down the corridor, a small wave of her hand and I feel my body yanked forward, Adenn’s beside me. I get the impression of hands gripping us both, keeping us pushing along at a good clip. If I listen, there are whispers and I wish I couldn’t hear them, the familiar dead.

“Come along, grandparents. No more dawdling, I would like to have some of the soldiers remain aboard. And you do not wish to make me displeased.” The soldiers around us bow their heads, salute and I watch Adara play at strength like our trips play with stun batons. The rest of the way to the medical bay, I keep quiet, grip Adenn’s arm and waist with all my Epicanthix strength to keep us going forward.

The Medical Bay will be safe.

“Baby, I’ve got you.” Course, it’s only a momentary feeling, when Theo starts in on my husband. Adenn looks more exhausted than I’ve ever seen him, and I hold tight to help lay him down the right way onto the biobed.

“Good sweet bippy.” The scans flick up on a bank of screens, my husband’s medical condition smacked me in the face. I can’t help the smack of my hand on my mouth. “Adara really did save you.”

Although it should comfort me that Adara salvaged my husband, the close nature of his battle hit. Adara slips down the wall. I hold Adenn’s remaining hand.

“Adenn, baby...” I sit on the biobed beside him, keep my palm on his chest as the doc rushes through placing up a stasis field to numb Adenn’s body, covers him, removes the gown.

“I’m sorry I’m not good enough yet... I should have been able to save you better, ba’buir.” Adara retreated from the calm and confident Sith princess as Dr. Allard began working on Adenn. First a sanispray, an anesthetic. Something to block the pain. “I can call Raya, she... she can heal.”

“Another Zambrano?” Raya. The teenaged daughter of that fething Echani, and one of Adara’s little friends. I could spit, but for the way Theo gets quiet, how he pushes past language and works as fast and hard as he can. A medical droid comes over to help, and I let it. “Adara, honey, you saved his life. Ain’t got nothin’ t’do with good’nuff. You... Give me somethin’t’do, Theo.”

“Get the clone tanks working. Liver, kidneys, lungs. It’ll take time to process and grow the tissue. Get started. Go!” Theo throws his hand to the side. Before I can rush to it, Adara snaps up.

“I can do it.”

Adenn feels the silence, notes the numerous eyes staring, glaring, or simply looking at him. Smiling darkly to himself, Adenn observes how Adara reacts to the death that had just happened. The sight he greets both impresses and saddens Adenn, though the only reaction is a more natural smile. Adara has grown so much, through necessity and upbringing. Not bothering to say anything, Adenn makes his way down the hallway, feeling the hands pushing him along, while hearing the whispers himself. Thankfully enough they aren't that bad, as the whispers and screams from his sword are much, much worse. What he's more concerned about is the crushing grip of Aditya on his side, and though he's grown used to such strong hugs, it still makes it harder to breath, though he doesn't complain, it's nice to know there are those who care for him.

After collapsing onto the bed, Adenn lays there and rests his eyes, mind, and more importantly, his very soul. When Aditya reacts to the state of his body, Adenn can't help but chuckle. 'Good sweet bippy' is a true understatement.
"Didn't I say she did, c'yare?"

He chuckled once more before it turned into a cough, one that wracked his whole body. Straightening out, Adenn allowed himself a sigh of relieve as the stasis field numbed his body, blocking out the pain. Then Allard continued, fully numbing Adenn's body with anesthetic. Sighing with relief, Adenn turns his gaze to Adara with a comforting smile on his face.
"You did all you could Adara, for that I'm grateful. Not only that, but you saved me from death, who cares if parts of me need to be replaced. That was honestly inevitable, especially as a Mandalorian. It's more of a miracle that I've fought so long, so hard, and on so many planets, that I'm only injured to such an extent now." Chuckling again, Adenn closes his remaining eye while letting his head rest flat on the bed. At the same time Adenn's hand finds its way to Aditya, calmly being placed on her thigh where he simply smiles and lets out a quiet sigh. "I yet live aliit, that's what matters, and I trust you all to keep it that way. More so than any other."

Still smiling softly, Adenn squeezed Aditya's thigh gently while relaxing fully into the biobed. He simply let his mind go blank, allowing those more experienced in such matters heal him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom