Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cats in the Desert

Jonyna had never been one for heat. Or at least, she had never been one for dry heat. The idea of a desert always kept her on edge, as the lack of the wilderness she was used to, the absence of life, it all felt....wrong.

But this wasn't the first time she'd headed out to Tatooine. She'd heard that it was under the control of the Mandos now. Great. She'd do her best to avoid that, but this 'contact' she had acquired through some digging better be worth it...

Having Dice park the ship in the sand was easy enough at least.

"We are here Master Si!"
The droid beeped with a glee in his voice. "Perfect landing as per usual! 85 percent success rate too!"

"Turbo." Jonyna chuckled as she quoted an old friend. She wondered how Zash would react to a world where the Empire was long gone.

Chaos_Cat Chaos_Cat

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Delivery agent T. was almost never late and always seemed to get the packages delivered. He didn't ask questions and he didn't ask for pesky details. He delivered the goods when others couldn't.

He had dealt with a strange visitor out in his desert home earlier that day and thus his normal sleep cycle was interrupted. Traveling by night helped ease the battle against the heat. HE arrived in town a little later than usual. But he had the package for his employer.

The town was quiet in the night, something Jonyna appreciated. The employer didn't say his name, all she knew was that there was a package to be had. Something Jonyna could do. Supposedly...

Ah! The Currier!

"I take it you're the mail man?"

Chaos_Cat Chaos_Cat

wb1.png

TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Tempo eased off his speeder bike, a sense of purpose in his every movement. As he approached the recipient, he held the package securely under his arm, its contents unknown to him but entrusted to his care nonetheless. The helmed figure, shrouded in mystery, nodded in acknowledgment of Tempo's arrival.

"I suppose you could call it that," the figure chirped lightly, hinting at a hidden meaning behind Tempo's delivery service. Tempo flashed a confident smile, his eyes gleaming with a mix of determination and a touch of mischievousness. "T's Timely Transport always delivers the goods," he declared with pride as if he were the embodiment of reliability and efficiency.

Closing the distance between them, Tempo extended a pad and a digital pen toward the recipient. "I just need you to sign off on this," he explained, his voice carrying a hint of charm. He watched as the recipient took the items, the weight of responsibility evident in their actions. Tempo's gaze momentarily shifted to the impressive weapon he carried—an NT-242 Blaster Rifle, heavily modified to serve as an anti-tank rifle. The contrast between the small-statured Tempo and the formidable firearm could almost be seen as comical, raising questions about whether it was merely for show or if Tempo possessed the strength to handle such a weapon.

Part of the rifle was concealed beneath Tempo's cloak, leaving room for speculation and curiosity. It was a deliberate choice, perhaps intended to add an air of intrigue to his character. As the recipient signed off on the delivery Tempo took the time to scan the surroundings.

Jonyna raised an eyebrow at the weapon as she signed off, her eyes scanning what the packages could be. Whoever hired her didn't specify, and she didn't like taking dirty jobs. "...ya know, that gun is a bit big for ya. You deal with stuff that big over here? What are you shooting at, krayt dragons?"

Chaos_Cat Chaos_Cat

wb1.png

The goggled figure looked Jonyna over from head to toe before replying. "Sometimes if I need to. Mostly keep it close to discourage rude Mandalorians from thinking me easy prey, or a quick set of credits."

He offered over the small package and placed it in her hands once she had signed for it. Within the box was an artifact- an ancient one at that. The artifact, carefully wrapped and secured, appears to be an ancient, weathered journal. Its pages are filled with faded ink and intricate sketches, hinting at its historical value and potential insights into the past.

The waif moved to climb onto his bike once more a sound caught him off guard and he flicked his gaze towards a critter that scuttled away, there was a brief spike in his unique force signature as he was startled so much so that it became briefly palpable to Jonyna.

Tempo's Force signature is a captivating blend of serene harmony and underlying chaos, like a swirling tempest tempered by an enigmatic sense of mischief. Those attuned to the Force can sense electric energy radiating from him, a fusion of order and disorder that defies expectations.

Within Tempo's Force signature, there exists a subtle undercurrent of unpredictability and mischief. It manifests as a flickering spark, an ever-present twinkle in his eyes that hints at an unconventional and mischievous approach to life.

Jonyna noted the journal for a moment, before hiding it in her coat, looking to the messanger who had given it to her. "...you're a force user. What are you doing stuck on this rock?"

She'd look over the journal later with someone more intellegent than she was. She was still learning to read, so that book was not in her wheelhouse right now. Worst case scenario she has Dice read it for her.

Tempo Tempo

wb1.png

Tempo's ears twitched at that and his helmet turned and tilted. " No, I'm not. Don't say such silly things." Tempo chirped. "I live here and I've yet to save enough credits to purchase a freighter to take my business interplanetary. " Tempo offered. " My research here is very important as well... " Tempo offered. "You're a nosy visitor huh?" Tempo asked.​

"I care about people. You want a freighter? I can get you off this rock if you want. You can bring your research with you." Jonyna noted, looking the kid up and down. "Also, don't try to lie to a jedi. We're psychic." That was a lie. She was only kinda psychic.

Tempo Tempo

wb1.png

Tempo considered her briefly. "You have no idea the scope of my research. I doubt you could have that kinda credits lying around." Tempo chirped. "I have someone at home I need to check on to make sure hey don't rob me blind either. " Tempo chirped. Tempo waved a hand infront of her face vaugely gesturing. "I'm not lying to you~" The smirk could be heard in his voice. " You want to tip me for my amazing service too~"

wb1.png

Tempo looked at her with a sentiment of disappointment and shook his helmet. "Why so you can rob me blind if they don't~?" Tempo asked quirking a brow under his helm. " I don't want you drawing attention to my house. It's not easy to get there and the desert is full of dangers little lady. And no one rides for free and I don't see a speeder bike with you missy. "

wb1.png

"Don't you wanna take your package and go read it or whatever it's for?"
Tempo asked. " I'm just a mail man remember? My life isn't that interesting. " Tempo offered as he turned his engine over getting ready to depart.​
"I dunno if I can deal with both an alcoholic mandolorian and a curious jedi. "

"I've never met anyone who's life wasn't interesting." Jonyna said, a genuine kindness to her voice. "...you said it was a mando?" There was a bit of concern now in her tone. "Are you safe at home? With him, I mean?"

Tempo Tempo

wb1.png

Tempo shook his head. " Who really knows. He showed up bleeding all over the place. I hope he's still alive honestly. I'm not too worried about him. But if you insist on coming with me I suppose I can find something for you to do. Maybe you'll have some interest in my research. "

"...I do know first aid..." Jonyna noted, walking behind Tempo Tempo "Any idea what happened to them?"

The Cathar considered for a moment. She'd be helping a Mando. The thought stirred in her head of letting him die, like his people had let hers. But she couldn't. At least, she couldn't let him suffer needlessly. If she had the chance, she'd help.

wb1.png

"I dunno really. I want to say he got in to a fight with some one but I don't really know him. He seemed pretty interested in drinking though. " Tempo offered. "Feel free to hop on it's a long trip and we need to move fast or else the local fauna will take a shot at tryingto make us dinner. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom