Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Catching Up

tpuAKtr.gif

Ruusan , Graywall
Time

Noon
Equipment & Personal Effects

Interceptor , Lightsaber , Second Lightsaber, Avatar Clothing
Objective

Find Ala Quin Ala Quin

Of course she felt responsible. As greedy, and as selfish as that very concept was. Ala was her senior, and had quite frankly put more years towards this... The lifestyle they shared. And yet now as she powered down that X-Wing, she couldn't help but feel like something she had done had drawn Ala here. As usual the Silvers didn't really speak much about the Ashlan Crusade; but she had looked them up enough to know what they were about. So much so that she found no reason to hide her presence from them. She wasn't here to convince Ala to do anything, but she wanted to see her friend; it was as simple as that. After landing at the port, and paying her fees up for a day, she set out. Aayla was particularly interested in the fact that this place wasn't nearly as gloomy as she initially thought it would be. For some reason she had expected more... Well... She wasn't really sure exactly. Just not what she found. Ruusan was beautiful, and she could see why anyone would want to get lost here.

In any case, she had time now to wonder what she really wanted to say. The last time Aayla had seen Ala, the latter was crippled on a bed, and Aayla had simply taken off on her. Hell, had she seen her since then? Aayla reached up with her left hand, running a finger across her scars. Turning onto a market street she was hit with a sudden wall of people, hustling and bustling about. Aayla would move deftly through the crowd; paying attention to her surroundings, and keeping an open mind in the Force. It was clear from a glance that she had grown; though she wasn't sure if she would recognize Ala if she saw her. How different would she be? Would Ala even want to see her? Aayla never made any strong attempt to go find her after Cor Leonis....

And hell, Cor Leonis... Luckily she could safely pretend that never happened today; any of that. She cringed lightly thinking about it now. She may have had a little crush on Ala... Though, that wasn't her reason for being here today. She still had Kadan, and a relatively strong Force Bond with him still. She wouldn't betray that. Ala still held a particular soft spot in her heart, Soline taught her that... The hard way. She had to be mindful here though, without a doubt she was being watched already. As she was not hiding her sabers, also her ships transponder was one-hundred percent SJC in nature; not to mention radiated the Light Side of the Force to those near it.

In fact, perhaps if she did come face to face with Ala today that would be one of the first things the other noticed. Aayla was becoming a beacon in the Force. A pillar of light.

2FS8YbB.png

Last edited:
She walked.

Yes. Ala Quin walked.

It didn’t feel odd. On the contrary, she had never walked with more lightness of confidence. Her Ashlan training attire was a little worse for the wear, and not smelling the greatest. But that was to expected after a few hours hitting the prepared cross country obstacle course outside the walls of Graywall. She had only stopped now because she had sensed Aayla’s approach. This would certainly be interesting.

Unfortunately, Aayla would not have the luxury of meeting a clean, or pristine Ala. And for this Ala did have some annoyance. She cared for the Jedi. Deeply. And longed for a best foot forward situation, but seeing as the ability to put a foot forward was likely going to be a surprise, Ala considered that enough for now.

Surprise would be the key element.

Waiting for the Ashlan guards to greet Aayla before Ala stepped out from around the corner.

She did so with a smile, and hand firmly on hip - completely ignorant of her friends pained path to this day, “Hey there Aayla...”

tpuAKtr.gif

Her motion stopped as she sensed the movement, more than heard it; turning and pressing the digits of her left hand against her saber. Another figure moved behind her when she gave up her back. She was about to speak when she heard that voice speak to her plainly. Ala looked like she had been through a few things, and she was dirty,,, That in of itself just seemed, strange. In any case, Aayla performed another full turn, letting her hands come to a resting position.

"Hello, Ala..."

She would upnod the guard in front of her, then point a thumb behind her.

"I'm not under arrest am I?"

She asked plainly.

Ala Quin Ala Quin

2FS8YbB.png

She shook her head quickly as a perplexed look came across her face. “Arrested? Did you do something...Aaaaaayla?”

Steps were taken to close the distance, a smile beaming across Ala’s face, only sullied by the slight concern that Aayla had done something to get herself in trouble with the local law enforcement officers. What that could be though seemed too far from Ala’s grasp that she had almost completely removed it as a consideration.

”By Ashla, it is a delight to see you my dear friend,” she said now within a metre or so, “please forgive me...I am truly a mess after my exercise but I just have to give you a hug!”

Without hesitation, Ala through her arms around Aayla- ignoring completely that her opposite had seemed far to eager to have access to her lightsaber.

tpuAKtr.gif

What was it with her lately? She had been like this ever since she started using her second saber... Or no, was it ever since she had left the woman walking towards her crippled on a hospital bed? This was odd, but Ala had a point, she really hadn't done anything wrong, but she wasn't entirely sure about the Ashlan peoples as of yet. As she cooed her name aloud, Aayla's serious demeanor melted, a smile formed at the corner of her lips, then spanning the width as she reached out to embrace the other tightly in a hug.

She held that for a while, fingers gripping at the others back, and transmitting the kind of need one felt when being away from someone they cared about for a time. Completely ignoring her visage, or her odor... When Ala relented, Aayla opened her mouth to speak; but would be quiet when Ala took the conversational reigns.

"Yes, The Force has truly blessed me this day..."

She said that, looking down at her legs briefly, then back up to lock her gray's on the other. She would wave her hand dismissively with a scowl when she mentioned herself being dirty; as if Aayla cared. Though, there was something more pressing that she needed to know "How... Are you... Walking Ala? The last time I saw you..."

She would turn again, looking around, and noticing the guards weren't too interested in her after all. Was is what had been happening in the galaxy that was making her more paranoid, or was it something else? For now, she would hear what Ala had to say about the miracle of her mobility returning.

Ala Quin Ala Quin

2FS8YbB.png

The embrace lasted just long enough to say ‘you are more than friend’ and as the embrace ended Ala offered a sot, grazing peck on Aayla’s temple. She was smiling and taking Aayla’s hands in her own when she pulled away from the hug.

”Yes. The force be praised for Ashla is good,” she said, “and you are such a delight to my eyes. So much has happened. So much...you must stay...my quarters are limited but I can make room for you. Even if just this night.”

Looping her arm around Aayla’s, Ala pulled her friend away from the X-Wing and towards the staircase that lead to the commons, and the hallway to the modest accomodation of the site. While they walked, the had plenty of time to talk.

”Well yes...I experienced The Great Oak. Here in Graywall,” Ala said with a delighted sigh, “but it was not really my legs that needed healing...it was my soul...it was so broken. There were many places and many ways I could have taken to recover the use of my legs. But repairing my soul was something that only Ashla could do.”

tpuAKtr.gif

The sudden kiss on the temple was something that absolutely threw her for a loop. What in the Force had she walked into really... Ala seemed off herself. Or, maybe she was like this all along? She couldn't truly call it. When she mentioned a lot having happened, Aayla offered an extended blink of her eyes.

"Yeah... Same here. Quite a series of trips for me"

She admitted, allowing Ala to pull her along as she took an impromptu scenic tour of the city. She mentioned the quarters, and kissing, and something in the pit of her stomach sort of just scrunched up. All of this was just... Not exactly what she had expected; in fact, hearing of the Ashlan Crusade, it might have been the farthest from what she expected. Perhaps something a lot more militaristic...

And there was Ala being Ala. Different, but all the same anyway.. When she started talking about repairing her soul, Aayla couldn't help but side eye her. There were a couple of questions she could've injected right then, but elected not too.

"I apologize, I'm not too acquainted with Ashla. I do have all night at least... Yeah I'll stay with you of course."

'You gonna' be okay?'

Her small companion on the X-wing asked mentally, to which she would turn around looking in its direction; and responded in kind.

'I think so, but if anything... Weird happens, get outta' here...'

And with that, she turned back; allowing the other to lead her along. She really did love Ala, ever since she had met her over a year ago. Though, she would be lying out of her teeth if she said she wasn't getting slight cult vibes from her at the moment...

Said the Jedi...

"And Great Oak?" She quipped.

Ala Quin Ala Quin

2FS8YbB.png

Ala glanced again at Aayla, properly noting the scar this time. She had seen them, but looked past them. But it was the sort of thing that Aayla would not look past. How did Ala know? Because Ala would not have if it was her, somehow they were both alike in this that they would assume that some scars would change feelings felt within. Not so. The scars were only noticed because Ala knew she needed to notice them for Aayla’s sake.

”The events of life have only served to make you more who you were. This is the force’s will,” Ala said calmly, squeezing Aayla’s hand.

Entering the commons, Ala nodded to one of the stoic looking guards that walked past. HIs acknowledgement of Ala was a mere brief nod, and then a glance at Aayla.

”The Great Oak is a tree that connects us...with the force,” Ala said calmly, “well it does so more deeply. I was able to commune with the force here unlike I ever had. She told me her will for me...restored my faith in the future.”

tpuAKtr.gif

She listened to Ala speak, and closed her eyes briefly, opening them to respond flatly

"Yeah...

When they approached the guard, Aayla offered him a simple bow of her head in respect; looking around the commons with curiosity.

"The Great Oak huh.. I'd love to see it; I wouldn't mind a little faith in the future..."

Aayla further responded, looking back to the other.

"Ala, how did you find this place? These people..."

She asked curiously.

Ala Quin Ala Quin

2FS8YbB.png

"I would be more than happy to take you to the Great Oak," Ala said with noticeable enthusiasm. Continuing through the commons, Ala led her friend by the arm into a long hallway with plain doors off to the right, and large open windows looking out over the Great Oak to the left. This was the hall of residence that Ala had been assigned for her time at Graywall.

"I was broken...wandering the galaxy...looking for the spark of life that had been killed on Sarka," she said before looking at her friend, "it was more than just my back that broke that day. Despire Caltin's best efforts...the wound was deeper than even I knew."

Tapping on the console beside one of the non-descript doors, Ala opened the door to her small featureless quarters. There was only a single, narrow cot in the corner, a room in the corner that was clearly a smalle rrefresher station, and a place of study and meal preparation to the immediate left. It was all very succinct.

"I met a Jedi while confronting a Maw cell on Sevaris...he told me of the Oak...Graywall...at that point. I was willing to try anything."

tpuAKtr.gif

Ala didn't seem to have any problem taking Aayla to see The Great Oak. Aayla would smile at the other, tightly tucking the others arm within her own. With Ala in her jovial mood, Aayla noted the other had indeed matured since they last met. Where before she seemed aloof at times, and scatterbrained. Aayla saw a razor sharp focus now. To the point, yet not gone to the point of being a robot of the Ashlan... As such, as they walked Aayla would listen to her friends words, hearing everything that had transpired since last they met.

"Those kinds of wounds, I know what you mean... Its hard to put into words, but I think I understand. It doesn't matter now, the Sith are on the decline, which gives us more flexibility to handle the Bryn'Adul... I can't wait for the day the galaxy is rid of them"

Aayla said, wondering if she should've mentioned Kadan as well... Then again, she couldn't help but wonder why should would even need to... Stepping into the room, Aayla's eyes snapped to the single cot, and had the obvious thought... Though she wouldn't voice it just yet. Only raise her eyebrows briefly and smirk at the bed for a moment.

"And this Jedi, what was his name?"

Aayla said, features softening as she observed the rest of the room. Plain... Even for her, a relative minimalist. For now, she would move to sit down on the cot, opposite the side where the other laid their head.

Ala Quin Ala Quin

2FS8YbB.png

Aayla seemed to be easing a little more. Ala felt her friend relaxing and being less on the defensive. It was a joy to see her doing so. She patted her arm excitedly as she mentioned the decline of the Sith. "Oh yes...that is very good to see...so much infighting and it just evaporated in a puff of smoke...the once mighty Bogan forces...all falling apart. Imploding."

Leaving Aayla at her resting place, Ala walked over to pour some medicinal tea, and offered Aayla a cup with a few clear hand gestures.

"Ah...Dagon...Dagon Kaze, if I remember rightly," she said as she stirred her cup, "interesting sort."

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla paid attention, and nodded once.

"Not all of them though... There are still those that cling to shadow, and hide in their dark corners. While they can, anyway..."

She said, wanting to tell Ala more about her personal life, but realizing it sort of defeated the purpose of being a Shadow. No, she wouldn't mention it on this visit. Perhaps later.

"That name is extremely famili... He's an Investigator for the Galactic Alliance. His reputation proceeds him certainly..."

Aayla took the herbal tea, feeling the warmth on her fingers, and inhaled a bit. Well, Ala was walking, and she was happy. The Ashlan Crusade had given her purpose, and drive... Even more, they had given her the will to fight. How could she even begin to question that?

"I'm... Or, well. I guess I started that wrong... I met a boy some time back. Kadan... I think I might be in love with him."

She offered, though unsure why she felt she needed to say that. Aayla drunk a little of the tea after those words; the temperature perfect as it was.

Ala Quin Ala Quin

2FS8YbB.png

“The Bogan is never truly gone. It is an eternally vigilant people of Ashla that are needed to keep it at bay. But we must also celebrate the victories when the come, even as we shore up said victories for many generations to come.”

Sitting next to her friend, Ala did not seem to consider personal space in her physical positioning, as she nudged up against Aayla. She, too, sipped at her just-right tea, and listened as Aayla divulged some intimate details of her burgeoning relationship.

In love?

It was one of the few moments of being lost in her own mind that Ala had had since coming to Ashla. Knowing that her friend, one that she cared for deeply, had possibly found love should have brought instantaneous joy, but there was a half a second where Ala’s lip dropped and her mind raced to places like, “But what about me? What about us?”

You are cruel, Ala. Be happy for your friend.

Ala turned towards Aayla a little more, her parted lips curving up into a natural smile, tinged with caution. The turning towards Aayla achieved more than just being able to look directly at her, it also took Ala out of the zone of intimacy that she had placed herself in just moments before.

”Kadan is most fortunate. Ashla be praised. You have found love, and my heart sings for you my friend,” Ala said, eyes moist with not just joy, “you must share all of this story with me.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom