Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reKFam.png

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]​

Aboard her ship, Madalena was skidding with excitement. It had been weeks now since she and a handful of others had left the Southern Systems and made for the Unknown Regions. She had ached so harshly at first, her chest hurting so much that she had been certain she would die at a young age from a heart attack she could not recover from.

But she had not.

Instead, everything had become better in her life. Her new cause, the new believes she held, she felt more in tune with them than she'd felt with almost any before. Her body, clean of marks once more, was more than ready to receive the new punches and rolls she would put it through as the Head of the Wild Hunt, as the Dark Paladin of Chaos. Already she had liberated not one but two planets, and the speed at which she'd seen the construction of both Eve and the rest of the Scintilla expand was mesmerizing.

It wasn't too long after their move that both she and Scherezade had contacted [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]. Quite frequently, to be honest. They kept him up to date with what they were up to, excited monologues of their deeds flashing through the commdevices, joined by squeals of both sisters. There was no way to hide that they were much happier than he had ever heard either of them be.

And at last, they invited him to come see it for himself, and asked him to bring Jason along. Eve was perfectly safe, with beautiful buildings and lush parks they could walk through, and there were many restaurants available as well. The sky was always a perfect color. The only shame was that when josh finally arrived, Scherezade had to be away on a mission, so it would fall to Madalena alone to see him, and hopefully Jason.

But, on a good note, Baal was with her, and Baal had missed Jason dearly. He was even bigger now, reaching over 2 meters of height, and still as silly and serious as he'd ever been.

When the update came that Josh's ship was going through the dockyard just outside of the Eve sphere, Madalena and Baal quickly rushed over there, ready to meet and greet him with open arms.

Last edited:
Josh wasn't sure what to think of all this. There were corrupt governments, indeed. And many of them at that. Oppressive ones. But according to the reports of their deeds, and what he had gotten from Madalena and Scherezade... They attacked without bias. No matter what said governing party believed in or did for the people that sought solace under them. Even ones that weren't exactly governments but held sway over planets. Something that could put the Silver Jedi Order in their crosshairs.

Were they misguided crusaders, or just sociopathic monsters? He wasn't sure which just yet.

Scherezade and Madalena had invited him and Jason to see their new home on the base of this new operation, and Josh was admittedly incredibly hesitant to bring Jason. Sure, she claimed that he would be protected, but... With people like that in the area, he wasn't sure. Eventually deciding to bring him along as it had been some time since Jason had seen his godmother, he knew full well not to let Jason out of his sight. And if anyone did advance in a certain way? Well, they had best hope they didn't.

As The Maekrix touched down in the arranged spaceport and the ramp came down, Josh and Jason walked down the ramp to meet Madalena, who had indicated that Scherezade wouldn't be joining them.

[member="Madalena Antares"]

reKFam.png

Despite serving as the base of the Agents of Chaos, Eve, for all intents and purposes, was a dreadfully normal city. At eighty kilometers and a bunch of beautiful lakes and grass surrounding it inside the sphere, the majority of people that were there, were just normal people, trying to raise their families in a safe environment. If the ideology of the Agents ever failed, Eve and the Scintilla would still stand, the citizens on it would still need to work and eat and pay bills, and this was, in part, what was being constructed – a new people, in a way that did not demand a planet be cannibalized. It was just a gigantic space station.

"Jason!" Madalena half screamed with delight as he came into view, and went down on a knee to grab him and give him a hug. Next to her, Baal moved his head up and down in a way that made him look like he was smiling. Within moments, kisses were exchanged as well, and Jason got the chance to sit on top of Baal's happy back, unless he chose otherwise.

Josh was next; the Sithling gave him a hug and a kiss before grinning from ear to ear.

"Welcome to my new home," she said and led them into a speeder that had a little platform it pulled behind it, perfect for a creature the size is Baal. There was a unicorn horn at the front of the speeder, and the exterior was somewhat shiny. Madalena rolled her eyes at it. One of her sister's ideas, that silly thing.

"I'm so happy that you guys decided to come," she said, still grinning as she drove them. The vehicle was far from being a fast one, but that didn't matter. They didn't have far to travel. From the dockyard they entered a tunnel which for the time being was mostly dark. "We're working on getting some holos and screens to make the large tunnels more friendly," she explained. It was just a very big and somewhat long cylinder, but soon enough, they emerged on the other side of it, the darkness of the tunnels parting like a curtain for them.

And Eve was displayed. The sky was a perfect shade of blue, with just enough clouds. The weather was temperate. A few miles away they could see the skyscrapers of the city looming, tall and new and shiny, and around it the buildings gradually became shorter before giving way to nature – lakes and forests.

"Welcome to Eve," Madalena breathed, the smile on her face serene and joyful. "First stop – we're going to get some food in our bellies!"

Josh jumped slightly when Madalena screamed. While he knew that it was customary of her, he still couldn't help but feel on edge here. He wasn't familiar with this place, and with the agenda of its occupants, he was suspicious on what to expect. He knew quickly it was just Madalena, but his free hand had already gripped his lightsaber for those first few seconds. Jason meanwhile, rushed into Madalena's arms and soon found himself on Baal's back. Jason might be bigger now, but it seemed he was still a fit.

Josh calmed down a bit once the initial surprise wore off and he greeted Madalena with a tight hug in turn. He smiled gently as she greeted them and led them to a speeder. He noticed quickly it looked like one of Scherezade's make. After a short flight, the group would exit a tunnel and find their way to nature.

It seemed that at the least, it wasn't a completely industrial world. That boded well, he supposed. Though Jason seemed more focused on Madalena's mention of food, which got a light chuckle out of his father.

reKFam.png

It was not an industrial world at all. Madalena bit her lip as she saw the lack of enthusiasm in Josh, but she said nothing. Eve would speak for itself. There were entire fields of green and lakes far away to paint the scenery. They were inside a giant sphere, but everything had been calculated and designed to give off the feeling of standing (or, in their case, riding through) on a planet. Even the air felt fresh and crisp.

It wasn't long before they headed into the city proper. Madalena moved them onto an invisible road that circled around The Tower, going higher and higher. It was the tallest building on Eve, raching several miles up, and from the top you could see for miles around, see the skies and horizon, see it all.

One of the top floors of the Tower had a good restaurant, which was used to entertain important people, and the food there was quiet lovely. A different feel to it than the place the three of them frequented on Naboo, but lots of child-friendly meals as well, and the staff there already knew the Head of the Wild Hunt, as well as the beast companion. From the windows, they could see Eve in all its splendor.

Helping Jason come off of Baal's back, Madalena smiled at her friends. "Isn't it lovely?" she asked them, motioning at the large windows, "I thought after the food we could go walk around, show you the place more in depth. My penthouse isn't ready yet but I hope it will be the next time you guys come visit."

Well, the world had some charm and beauty. He could give it that. She had said that people lived here outside of their organization, but it was hard to believe that when their organization was... Well... What it was. And it wasn't like he was trying to be unreasonable or prejudiced about it or anything. There was some virtue, some value in their goals. But the problem was that all they seemed to really want to do was sow chaos. Hurting for the sake of hurting. Even those that didn't deserve it. That was where his problem with it lay, and he hoped one day he would be able to get that through to the two of them. Sith or not... They were better than that.

Either way this was a social visit, not a business call.

"It's nice, I'll give it that" He spoke with a small smile as they arrived. "I'm curious. What made you want to stay here?" He inquired curiously. The question didn't have anything to do with her business choices. It was a more personal question. "Didn't think you one to settle down."

He didn't mind they didn't have a place to stay for a bit. They could always return to the ship if needed. And there was always a place for Maddy to stay there if she needed one.

reKFam.png

What had made her decide to join? Madalena smiled. In truth, it had been nothing special.

"I lost my faith in the Confederacy a long time ago," she admitted, "I stayed there because it was the least worst option. I hadn't planned on leaving, and especially not so suddenly. But then Scherezade packed her bags, Alwine shortly followed her, and then a few more people, and I knew the Great Web had placed me on the crossroads. Stay or leave, the choice was mine. So I left with a handful of people and we wanted to get as far away as possible. We aimed for deep into the Unknown Regions."

It had been a beautiful sight. Madalena had sometimes sat for hours by Alwine, looking at all their ships move together at the speed of the slowest one. Once a day they would stop, and people would switch ships so that everyone got the chance to spend time with everyone they wanted to.

"We found this place," she continued, "To me, it didn't seem any better or any worse than any other place, so I voted that we could stay for a while. That was how it began for me. But bit by bit… I believe in their cause, Josh. I believe in what they set out to do. Can you imagine in it? A Galaxy in which the Sith Empire holds no planets against their will, where the Confederacy can't claim a planet just because they helped them with a small problem, a place where the taxes go the planet and not to the external government that just wants to milk it dry for its resources. A galaxy that is truly free."

"I mean, I meant this planet overall considering you usually preferred your ship, but, well, okay" He responded with a casual shrug at her response. He wasn't a big fan of the Confederacy to begin with, so she wouldn't hear any complaints from him on that front. He did appreciate their working together with the Silver Jedi on their goals, but... Their methods, and the fact they would gladly do worse, they all knew, without the presence of the Silver Jedi Order... It didn't sit right with him. But it was a presence that would need to be dealt with for the time being. It appeared Madalena's group wanted to change that, but... The way they were doing it, he wasn't sure if it would be the right way.

"That sounds nice" He spoke softly when she finished her idealisms of what their creed wanted to do. "Except for what I've heard from you that there are no exceptions. Even those who do not rule planets... Just offer protection if they wish it. Like us" He remarked, pointing out that their mission and what Madalena told him of it, would put Josh himself in their crosshairs. "I am on the Assembly of what one day could be one of your targets. Who will watch as in your attempt to "free" people... Your people will put at risk the very people you claim to wish to free. This blanket label you lot have placed on every known faction in the galaxy is going to hurt a lot of innocent people if you don't consider in more detail just what you're doing. What do you think I'm supposed to feel about that?" He asked her gently, looking her in the eyes. "I want the Sith Empire gone. I wouldn't even mind if the Confederacy disappeared once the Sith Empire was dealt with. But once they are dealt with, hell, possibly even before that... What if you hold us as just another target one day? And attack planets that we do nothing but protect at their whim? Will I just be another target to you? Just another "oppressor" of "freedom"?

I worry that in your enthusiasm to find somewhere to belong, somewhere that isn't the Confederacy... That you're going to hurt a lot of innocent people. You walk a very dangerous path with a lot of grey area in what's allowed and what's not. Who's a target, and who's not. And what tactics will be used."

reKFam.png

"Maybe I just feel more comfortable committing to a planet-side residence here than I did there," Madalena said with a smile in response to Josh's explanation of what he'd truly meant.

As Josh explained his concerns, she exhaled, and took a bite of her food. She could see where he was coming from, but she could also see that he often and easily forgot what she was – a Sith. While it was true that she held absolutely no allegiance to the Sith Empire, and that he had a hard time accepting her Sithness because she had a heart and wasn't your cartoonish type of a villain, it still did not change the fundamentals.

"Do you truly believe the Confederacy and the Silvers will be allied forever?" she asked after a short silence, "We've been potential enemies since we've met each other. Even if I had stayed in the Confederacy, you and I might have had to fight each other if we fought for our factions on of these days. The alliance is a long one, but nothing lasts forever, and once it is broken, the Confederacy will have no qualms coming down in the attempts to destroy the Silvers."

That much, she was certain was true. She had studied their patterns, designs, knew how they thought on a galactic strategy. Her study of these things had been part of the reason she'd left. Where once she saw great strength, now she only saw weakness and desperation. But that was not a conversation for now.

"You, are safe from me and mine," she said, "And so is my godson. Should the day come that the Agents of Chaos battle the Silvers, every single person on the Agents' side will know not to attack either of you.

But you must remember, Josh. I never shared the Silvers' ideals. There is a reason that when I left the Confederacy, I did not come to Silver space. I'm an awesome person, but I am not a good person to those that are not part of my inner circle. You must find the way to make peace with the fact that if you were not my best friend, or any sort of a friend, I would feel no qualms about killing you. And before you take this to the wrong place – no, this is not a threat. This is who I am and have always been."

Josh played with his food a bit as she talked, while Jason was blissfully unaware of going-ons as he pigged out. With what had been on his mind he had almost forgotten that food had been served. When she asked her question about the Confederacy, he shook his head. "No. I've always known" He spoke softly. "While I understand the reasons my Assembly works with them at present, due to the Sith Empire being a far greater threat to the safety of the people in the galaxy -- I have not overlooked the sheer disregard for innocent life the Confederacy practices. In time that lust for power and disregard for life will take them to us, and that will be something we will have to deal with. No amount of cooperative missions or festivals together will change that."

"But you must remember, Josh. I never shared the Silvers' ideals" She said and he smirked lightly. "Sometimes I wish you did" He joked dryly as he picked at his food a bit, seeming to decide it was better not to leave it to get cold. "The galaxy would be a little bit safer with your capabilities."

He didn't give that sort of praise lightly. Either way, once she was finished, he let out a sigh. "Maddy, they won't have a choice" He spoke, looking her in the eyes again. "You know me well enough to know that I refuse to sit and watch while innocents, or the people I care about such as the Silvers... Suffer and die. I will fight. And they will either have to deal with it, or kill me if they hope to harm anyone. It doesn't matter if I'm looking at the Sith Empire, The Confederacy, or your Agents of Chaos. That doesn't change."

And if Jason was on the planet at the time, and thus at risk... Well, Madalena knew well enough from her modified version of Scherezade's memories what would happen. Even if they weren't aiming for Jason, accidents could happen. That was not a risk he would take. If Jason was at risk, the safety came off.

He popped a bit of food into his mouth as he thought on what to say next. "But maybe that doesn't have to come to pass. I've been listening to how you've been describing things, and I've made some observations... First up, your faction's blanket targeting could use some work" He advised, choosing to give some actual constructive criticism instead of just chiding her. "Do some research first. Let's be hypothetical here... Let's say the Agents of Chaos leave the Silvers alone, focus on the Sith Empire, and then the Confederacy. Let's say you succeed, and major governments no longer control any systems. The only thing that even has influence over planets left is the Silvers. With your current mandate, you'd attack us, mistaking us for a governing body. Putting innocent people, the ones you want to free, at risk" He remarked after a few bites. "But we have no interest in "influence" or "governing" over anything. We've never taxed a soul, we get much of our funding by trading with the planets that work with us. Which in turn benefits them.

But this whole deal between us and any planets we work with is just that. A willing working relationship. If after you succeed in your mission though, and those planets decide they don't need our protection, don't need our help?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "We've got no problem with packing our things and going. The deal is simple. They get our protection, and can even request to open trade with us if they want it, and all we ask for is to cut down on acts of slavery so we're not protecting a crime world that's committing the same crap we're protecting from. No taxes, no governing, nothing. When they are attacked by pirates, or a government hoping to subjugate them, we're there. And if they decide they don't like that sole term of ours I mentioned, well... Like I said, it's a willing deal. We'll just go back to where we came from. If you guys succeed and they decide they don't want our protection, we pack up. We don't belong anywhere or govern anywhere.

Hell, even Kashyyyk, we are there because we have a close relationship with the Wookiees who want us to be there. If one day they decide they do not, we'll go live on some space station or something probably. No problems there. We've moved homes before. All we care about is the safety of innocents and a peaceful galaxy. And if that mantra one day changes, well..." He trailed off as he shrugged again. "You won't find me on the battlefield that day anyway. You'll find me at the homestead, with my family. Probably making plans to free some planet from oppressive forces, just like you claim to be. That day you can have at it, Space Ranger."

He ate a bit more, before giving a bit more advice.

"There's your start on research that I just gave you. As for tactics, as I mentioned before... A bit of advice there too. Tactics, tactics, tactics... You may not think like us, but preventing civilian casualties is the most important thing as far as practical benefit goes too. It's hard to say you freed those people from tyranny if "those people" are dead" He pointed out. "Controlling potential blood-lust too, is important. Like I said, do your research. Don't just attack everything for the sake of it. Otherwise, you're just a non-governing Confederacy. Monsters claiming to have human intentions. Think. If you're going to be some crusader of freedom... Then actually bloody do it right. Don't waste resources on something that's not hurting anybody. Put those resources to what you told me about. Like the Sith Empire. Who practice all these oppressive things you talk about and more. Focus. Plan. Narrow your range. Besides, with your resources... A blanket target won't work anyway. Making enemies of unnecessary targets will drain you to nothing when you're already going to have a hard time with your priority ones."

He mulled it over a moment. "On the topic of resources and blanketing... One target at a time. Based off your goals, I'd start with the Sith Empire and just the Sith Empire. If the Sith Empire are the most oppressive body in the galaxy right now, dedicate your resources to taking its planet influence down. When it goes down, move to the second most. And repeat the process. So let's say the Sith Empire goes down, I'm guessing by your remarks earlier the Confederacy would be the next target. Target it exclusively. If you jump from Empire to Confederacy to another to another to another... They can take and even retake planets faster than you can liberate them. And then you get nowhere and put innocent lives at risk for nothing. And burn resources for nothing" He remarked as he shrugged again. "Then morale goes down, your support from civilians goes down, and your operation falls apart from the inside if one of your enemies doesn't just blast you to pieces first while you're weakened."

He smiled softly. "Your idea has merit, but... There is a lot of work to be done if you're going to survive long enough to even get past one government. Or even do anything more than just hurt people. And that doesn't benefit your end goal at all, regardless of whether you personally care about people outside of your circle or not."

This was one of the few times that it would be clear that Josh had seen war. That he had been a Grandmaster at one point. And just how much war he had seen, how many operations and factions and crusades he had been on over the years. Something that he didn't like to talk about very often.

Sometimes he wished she did share the Silver's ideals. Madalena smiled at that, and cut into her steak. There were many things that she and Josh could argue about endlessly. But the subject of ideals was one of the preciously few places where she would not bend – and neither would he.

Yet at the topic of Jason being at risk… He already was. He was being trained as a Jedi and when he wasn't, he was still often on planets that were known to be Silver planets. What Josh wasn't seeing was that Madalena, as well as her sister, would risk everything to save Jason individually, even if they burned the rest of the planet. Jason would never be unsafe from them. Could accidents happen? Of course. But Josh didn't need the deWinter girls or the Agents of Chaos for that to happen.

And then he switched into… Trying to tell her how to do it? Madalena blinked, but let him speak freely. The suggestion that there was no research being done and that they were randomly attacking people was laughable, but she knew he wasn't trying to be patronizing, rather help instead.

Yet it was clear that there was one thing they would, once again, see entirely differently. Madalena wasn't trying to protect the innocent. She wanted to hurt those in charge. Those two were not mutually exchangeable.

"A willing deal?" she smiled, "Have the Silvers ever had the balls to ask planetary leaders if they still wished to remain under Silver protection? If the price of eradicating slavery, even if it was an inherent part of their culture, was something they were willing to continue to give up for it?"

And then there was the whole bit about only attacking the Sith Empire. She shook her head to that. He was trying to send her to the most distant of governments out there and for what? Because they were the Silvers' biggest enemies? That wasn't how it was going to happen.

"When the Silvers finally attack the Sith," Madalena said as she cut more of her meat into bite sizes, "Assuming it not be to enhance their own territory, we will help if you need us. The same cannot be said if you try to take their territory and have it add it to yours."

He was not the only one that had seen war. Madalena had not only seen it, but caused it, on more than one occasion.

And she would do so again, and again, and again.

"How is your food, Jason?"
she asked the child with a smile before turning back to his father, "Remember, Josh. Protecting innocents and harming the tyrants who try to rule them are not the same thing."

He was less trying to tell her how to do it, than offering suggestions and advice based off what he knew. If he was wrong about something AOC already did, he would trust her to correct him. He nodded his head slowly, acknowledging what was been said but also noting that he had been vastly misunderstood. Jason meanwhile had food in his mouth and gave a muffled answer to her question.

“You’ve misunderstood a bit” Josh remarked casually in turn as he took a few bites. “First up, you appear to be assuming I suggested the Sith Empire out of personal bias. Truthfully, that’s not the case, as I’ve been trying to give unbiased suggestions” He admitted curtly. “Look at me as a friend for a moment instead of a Jedi. I actually was listening when you gave your speech earlier about what you were fighting and why, and what your end goal was. I asked myself how would a group go about actually achieving this goal? That’s why I suggested one target at a time. Then the question came of where to start. Once again, followed your description in your speech. Maybe I followed it too literally, who knows? But the Sith Empire was a perfect match. Would have said The Confederacy if it was a closer match, even if their loss of power isn’t exactly the most convenient for my cause right now. But the Sith Empire fits the description of what you told me you were fighting. Thus suggesting starting there.

As for why I suggested one at a time…”

He cut the meat into little pieces and began organizing them. While Jason didn’t understand the conversation he did understand playing with food and took an interest in this display. Josh had organized six pieces, with three on one side, three on another.

“Let’s say this side is the Sith Empire… And this side is the Confederacy” He began as he moved one of the pieces of TSE to the center. “And here are planets you guys have liberated. So let’s say you liberate one from TSE, great, right? Celebration time, now let’s target the Confederacy.”

He moves one from the Confederacy space to the center… Then moves the Sith Empire piece back to where it was. Then moves the Sith Empire piece back to the center... Only to move the Confederacy piece back to it's original spot. He then cuts both pieces in half again, indicating they were multiplying.

"At best, you'll slow them down a little bit. But they can take over planets faster than you can liberate them. Especially if you are spreading yourself thin. The lack of progress will then likely be a drain on resources, morale..." He trailed off, and shrugged his shoulders. "And I think by now you probably know what lack of morale leads to. Since you're here and not with the CIS."

He would lift one of the small pieces with the Force, smiling lightly as he dipped it in ketchup to reduce the spiciness for Jason before hovering it over Jason's head. The child would open his mouth and stare up at it, waiting for it to be dropped in. Josh couldn't help but laugh as he dropped the piece of steak into his mouth.

"Down men, down resources, down morale... And let's say these two enemies you've now made, the Sith Empire and the Confederacy, decide you've become a problem. And you know by now, I mean you had that whole speech of yours, about how cruel and ruthless the Sith Empire is... And by what I've seen of the Confederacy in battle... I doubt they're all that much better. But you'd be able to better tell me in regards to that. So let's say they converge on a weakened AoC..."

Gavin moves all the pieces toward the center at once and, again, shrugs.

"If I've gotten things wrong here, feel free to correct me of course. As for your question... Yes. We've had concerns. It would be unrealistic to think there wouldn't be. We've had disagreements with those we work with. We talk. We sort them out. If they don't want our protection anymore, they're free to go and get someone else to do so if they think someone can do it better, or they want to trade slaves or something. We're just there to keep the Sith Empire, the Mandalorians, or the Confederacy off their doorstep if they want us to and are willing to work with us. We don't ask for money, or their undying loyalty and servitude or whatever... We just want to protect. We're just not making agreements with planets governed by people who'd rather contribute to one of the very problems we're fighting. That would be counterproductive."

He let out a resigned sigh. "I do wish they felt like a family the way they used to though."

At her last remarks though, he slowly shook his head. He always hated that mantra of hers. He really did. She was so much better than this, at least to him.

"Word of advice. If you want to accomplish the latter? Start doing the former. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to have people at your side to fight tyrants when you actually treat them like you give a crap about whether they live or die."

He let out an exhale. Talking politics and strategy always wore on him quickly. He hated it. And Madalena knew he hated it. It was funny, he was a warrior, a war veteran... And one of the more decorated living veterans in the galaxy at that. Who spent many of his days teaching people what they needed to go to battle as well. But he never liked it. He was too gentle.

Which made all of this tell that much more about his care for Madalena and Scherezade. He wouldn't spend his day off discussing strategy if he wasn't concerned that said "convergence" he mentioned earlier could lead to the deaths of both girls. That took priority over his personal comfort.

If she didn't say anything of note on the matter though, he was done talking strategy for the time being. He returned to his food, looking to Jason to see if he had an answer to Madalena's question, but he was too busy stuffing himself to hear her. He'd ask again on her behalf when his mouth wasn't full, he decided. Instead he would swallow and look to Madalena.

"How's your sister?"

Madalena Antares Madalena Antares

"You don't have an unbiased opinion about the Sith or their empire," Madalena grinned. The reason she and Josh were friend was because of one evening during which her sister had fallen on his lap, in the very literal sense. She had little doubt that Josh would've helped a hurting Sith just because of the kindness of his heart. There had been a form of connection created there, one that would most likely last years. Madalena hoped it would last years of friendship and never have reason to become years of enemies.

Her glowing eyes followed curiously as Josh began to move pieces around the table. She understood what he was trying to do, but she let him have his words without stopping him, after which she leaned forward, covering a hand with his.

"You are thinking in too small a scope, my friend," Madalena smiled warmly, "You're looking at it and it's planet by planet in your eyes. You are right. To do that, would be to slow them down. And that, is stage one. That is what we will do as we work on building a name, raising our power, and becoming better at what we do. But imagine…"

She moved her hands from his and took pieces of the capital cities of both the Confederacy and of the Sith Empire, and after a few seconds, flung them entirely off the table.

"Take out their center core," Madalena purred, "and you liberate hundreds of planets in one go. Do it enough times, and the territorial markings on any map shrink down to one single planet. And that is when we leave them alone... Unless they try to rise again."

But yes. She knew what he meant about a family. This time her hands moved to cover his own. Josh had a family. She was his family, her sister was his family, his son, and a few more. The Silvers had made their choices to become less of a family to him. She wouldn't count that as any sort of a loss, not now.

To his claim of tyrants, she smiled. Madalena knew all too well. She had led the Knights Obsidian long before she'd been promoted. Other Knights had gotten used to seeing her on the field, leading from the front, more often than their own formal leader. She knew how to win people over with a smile, and cared about those who served under her. But all those good traits – she knew would be wiped away. A few of those who had worked with her would eventually join Agents of Chaos, and the rest would be under instructions to pretend she had never been there in the first place.

Leaving him to eat his food, Madalena grabbed a bite as well, and shrugged her shoulders.

"Scherezade is doing better than she ever did in the Confederacy," she admitted, "But she's… Lost. Something inside of her isn't properly in place, out of focus. I hope she finds what it is soon enough."

He caught the food in the air when she knocked it off the table, using the Force. And then promptly placed it back on the table as he continued eating. He digested her retort for a moment, also eating what she'd attempted to knock away and waste food. "You could, but... You're talking toppling the capitals of factions with years of practice... And years of success that isn't instantly mitigated when their foes just go and recapture the territory. Your situation is a little different. You could certainly cut your teeth on this, but... Consider resources. People. Morale. It's one thing to be a soldier, or to help manage some agents... But to feed and care for and keep the morale of an army... You gotta think about how it's going to be effected long term. Which is why I suggested focusing... Build that morale, build confidence that when you try to take those big boom planets... That you stand a serious chance of winning. With a well fed army, an army with a history of victories that feel like they mean something, propelling them forward to fight onward, to keep fighting at their best..."

He smiled softly. "A motivated army, a happy army, an inspired army... Is the strongest army. Going around in circles in hopes of one day being strong enough... Could have the opposite effect."

He shrugged his shoulders. "But I haven't been a Grandmaster in some time. So who knows what modern day warfare is like? And perhaps I don't know the whole situation... Far as I know, your entire group, besides a few, are entirely comprised of droids."

The topic turned to Scherezade, and he chewed a moment in thought. "I think she's lonely" He answered honestly, bluntly. "With her memories returned, she's had to deal with the same traumas that she had before you were brought here. That isn't just going to go away so easily. So perhaps feeling like she doesn't have much genuine companionship is to blame? She's used to the Confederacy being about business, there doesn't seem to be much room for friendship there, so I'm not surprised it wasn't a fit for her. She's one of the only friends I made there, after all. But... Maybe she needs to be reminded she has companionship, she only ever needs to look around her. Perhaps feeling that she has it, is what's missing. She was so used to at one point having constant companionship, prior to the events that brought you here. Now... All of that's gone. She's had to start over, seeming to not realize that she's already since rebuilt new bonds in their place."

He would definitely need to make sure he could find out when she was next available.

"Stop," Madalena said gently with a smile as she touched Josh's hand with her own. She didn't wish to speak for conquest and war right now. Josh meant well, but he didn't know what she had planned, and there were things she would not be able to tell him about their plans even if she was in a mood to continue talking about it. "I'm a veteran of war, Josh Dragonsflame. I have led people, many people, to war and back, have been part of strategic planning, and more. I don't need to get walked through this. I know how war and armies go. Now let's stop talking about this."

Looking to Jason, her smile warmed further as she released Josh's hand and took her glass. "There are playgrounds for children spread all throughout this city," she commented, "Maybe we could take Jason to one of them? Just because he's a Jedi in training doesn't mean he shouldn't get to have some fun."

And then… Her sister again. Madalena was more than well aware of the events that had brought her into existing in this dimension, being herself here. It was not supposed to happen. In her own dimension, she was meant to be dead by now. Truly dead, along with everyone and everything else, in something that was much more terrible than the Gulag or the Netherworld Rifts or anything like that. Her dimension had simply ceased to exist. Even if she wanted to go home - and who was she kidding, since she obviously did - there was no home to go back to. In that sense, her life had been saved. But was the price worth it? Only the years would tell.

"She needs a lot right now," she eventually sighed, "and not anything that I can give her. It's easy to see that she's doing heaps better than she was back at the Confederacy. She's even smiling. But she bears less scars on her soul than you'd expect - a lot of the pain has instead remained as open wounds which she is trying to ignore. And she still won't let anyone on her ship. And that's not something I can fix."

"Forming an army to fight and actually managing the army as individuals and human beings are two different things, I've found" He responded with a small smile, but otherwise decided that was that on the matter. He'd only talked about it to begin with to help her, and all he'd seemed to do so far was bug her. So there was no reason to continue the discussion any longer. He still intended to try and help in some way, but he supposed he'd wait to see until she'd done more with the group. Though he wasn't sure if she would listen, either way.

He did agree on one thing. Just because Jason was training as a Force-Sensitive didn't mean he couldn't be a kid still. And Josh had done everything he could to ensure that Jason had a real childhood. Something that as part of the Jedi, Josh could never have had. "I'd like that" He spoke softly. "And I think Jason would too."

On the topic of Scherezade, he closed his eyes as he mulled over what she had said for a moment. "Guess I can always try and talk to her. She's a bit complicated to talk to when it comes to what I suspect is still the matter, but... Suppose it's worth a shot to ask her directly what's bothering her."

The moment Josh said he'd like it, Madalena was already up, grabbing her jacket. She knew of a small park not too far from where they were, and it had a few swings there that were properly sized for a butt as big as hers.

"A bit complicated?" she laughed, and then shook her head, "a bit complicated doesn't even begin to describe it. Now come on, let's go."

Moments later the trio was already outside, the lazy sun shining right down on them. And still, a comfortable breeze persisted. Madalena loved the weather when it was like that. It was almost a shame that winter would soon be coming, and she'd already been told what the weather controls of the station had in plans for that.

The main road included a lot of other pedestrians. Madalena navigated them through the, taking the first turn that she could to the right. They weren't too far; but taking the side streets, while adding a few minutes, also meant a quieter walk, with less people running to or from work with steaming hot coffee mugs in their hands.

Taking Josh by the arm, she smiled as Jason picked whoever's hand he wanted to hold. "So what's going on in your personal life, Josh?" she asked, "How are things with Ra? Is Jason being treated right? Are the Silvers really where you still wanna be?"

"A bit complicated" definitely did not begin to describe it. Considering his multi-year journey with the woman, dealing with all the boyfriend drama and magic bull and memory things, there was no "a bit" about it. But it had led him to making two very close friends, so it wasn't all bad. But there was clearly still issues to work on, despite all that had happened so far. He just hoped he could try and help Scherezade in some way or other.

They decided to walk this time, and Josh had a chance to watch these new streets in more detail, though his main focus was on Jason. Jason had chosen to take both their hands and walk in the middle of them, which he didn't mind. When Maddy would ask about his life though, he thought on it a moment.

"Things with Ra are going well, and Jason seems more accepting of her as a mother figure as the days go by. Things feel... Pretty much back to normal, when it comes to home. Or as close to normal as it can get" He admitted with a causal shrug. "For the Silvers... I'm there. That's pretty much all there is to it."

Madalena listened to everything Josh had to say, but more importantly, she was listening to what he wasn't saying. She looked up ahead, making sure that Jason was still safe with Baal (yes, Josh would be doing too, but there was no way in heck that Jason would be near her and she wouldn't have a watchful eye as well), and sighed.

"I don't understand what keeps you there," she said eventually, "You're clearly not satisfied there. There are plenty of places that will happily train Jason and keep you close around as well. The Silvers shouldn't be for you what the Confederacy was for me. I deserved more than that. And so do you."

Whistling to Baal, the Loth Wolf knew to take a right turn. They were already at the playground. The place was full of the newest large constructions for children that they could climb and run and scream on, and the trees and flowers around were all kept in pristine condition. There was even a small dog yard, but she wasn't about to send Baal in there.

Madalena Antares Madalena Antares got straight to the point, as blunt as she was, and he nodded his head, at least appreciating her honesty and being upfront about it. "They've changed. As organizations tend to when management changes. And I was not exactly treated with the most... Respect or grace in my unwarranted exit from the Silver Assembly. If you can actually call it an Assembly now" He admitted, letting out a resigned sigh. "Priorities have shifted for the time being, and will probably shift again with the next change in management. I don't know what tomorrow brings. But so long as the mission remains the same, I remain."

He would look around at the playground a moment. It was hard to believe that all of this looked and felt so... Normal, considering the priorities of those it was built by. That they could build despite having a mindset only based around destroying. And build things that weren't meant to destroy, at that.

"They haven't reduced my pay despite being off the Assembly. And they don't bother me when I want to be alone with my family off-world. I do wish I could do more to help with the inner workings of the Order and continue to help shape them to be the best they can be with what they've been doing, but... It is what it is. That is no longer a goal that is within my reach and I don't feel like I am making a difference, so yes, I am unsatisfied. Both with my inability to make a difference, and with their current priorities. They got too focused on the big stuff. The smaller stuff just falls through the cracks if folks like me don't go in and step up."

He motioned for Jason to head in, and the child, who had been gawking at the playground, would slowly make their way in. "The difference is, I still believe in the cause. And they are still useful to my goals in some respect. It is with their backing that I can do what I've been doing without worrying so much about what will become of my family while I'm out. So... I'm there. I mainly just teach, now. Most of my missions are those I choose to undertake myself, they haven't sent me on assignment themselves in ages. When I'm not on mission, I teach."

He shrugged. "Maybe those I can teach can grow to make the difference I wanted to."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom