Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Casting shadows in sand (Jakku Jedi Enclave)

Force Concealment Training
Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri | Jax Thio | Caltin Vanagor | Julius Sedaire | Audren Sykes | Katarine Ryiah | Aayla Shan | Romi Jade | Viers Connory | Alakor | Chaaj Priest Chaaj Priest

ELxaPoc.png

U38VPV1l.jpg

Jakku: Just outside the Enclave
Open Desert

The hot sand was the oddest place for an Enclave sure, but it managed to get the job done in having a safe place for Jedi to train and to study the mysteries of the Force without outside intervention or anything similar. The training hall of the Enclave might not be the biggest, but it was big enough to allow for a full class to attend and to practice as much as they like. However, in this particular day, for this particular lesson; the Jedi Master called Vexander Graves had summoned everyone to attend to a class just ouside... in the middle of the open desert close to an old Star Destroyer that has been accumulating rust for centuries... right there, in the open sand, with the hot enviroment and the excessive amount of light, he thought that it would be the best place to conduct this particular session.

Vexander thought deeply in how to generate interest for the class, and motivate those who would be attending in the practical applications of this skill. He thought the amazing cliche to just popup when they have all gathered... but it was too obvious and predictable... instead, he managed to come up with a series of different explanations and activities, along with other surprises that would eventually allow them to get the hang of the Force power and eventually, in time; it would allow them to become virtually invisible to others.

This ancient power, used since a long time ago; was the a foundation for Jedi Sentinels that wanted to become Shadows at the service of the Order. It was a specific mastery in the ways of the Force that would wreak havoc against the dark forces that were moving across the galaxy, it was what the Jedi needed. It was versatile, with so many applications and at the same time... it was dangerous if not mastered properly. That is why, Vexander had to train for years to reach this particular level of Force Concealment he had... and now, it was time to pass on this knowledge.

There, in the open sand; the man waited... for all of those who would heed the call. Dressed in his Jedi jumpsuit, the man waited patiently after having a piece of cloth wrapped in his head to protect against the sun. There, the man remained with his arms crossed... and with a grin in his face, he just waited for those who would be willing to test their skills, and perhaps... those who would eventually become, Shadows.

The hot desert is an environment I was well accustomed too. It wasn't a jungle where the heat was met with humidity. It was a dry heat. One that spelled the end for many in the past. Its dangers of being a "Dry Heat" meant that one didn't feel hot. They didn't feel sweat unless it was held onto them via clothing or if they were under a shade to prevent the rapid evaporation. Kro Var was known for a lot of its fauna returning, and even new live forming upon it, but there were still many deserts of barren wastelands in which the bodies of Variese, Humans, and many others scattered. However, the lack of sand everywhere, made it easy to find such clues of death. Here? the sand and the winds could hide everything.

In order to protect myself, I wore long, loose fitting robes. Ones that would allow me to easily move within, but cover most if not all of my skin. Preventing damage to my skin, and protecting me from the grittiness of sand. Adjusting the extremely wide-brimmed Straw hat upon my head, I made sure it covered my head and neck so that it too, would not burn, and to provide shade for my face. It was easy to prepare for such difficulties of the environment when one lived through so many. Second only to being from a planet that was well known for its ability to control said elements. However, today was different.

This was not about altering the environment, or the elements of the Sydana, but of a newly retained artform of deception. Stealth.

As a roaming Je'daii, it was not just my duty, but an honor to be among other Jedi and to learn of their Sentinels and Shadows. Individuals who were deep within the enemy territory and able to get the mission done. They did whatever was necessary to get the job done. Yet, every aspect of this skill, went against my Dynasty's code of honor in combat. One should face their enemy head on. Giving them a warriors death, honoring them as a warrior and combatant, and giving them the chance to defend themselves. Yet, I had come to learn I had an... affinity for this Fallinassi art. One they called the "White Current."

Learning about it for the short time I was with them on my first visit, I promised to return with the prospect that I would not share how I performed such with anyone else. The Fallinassi were female. Almost all of them were. And by that, their coven did not want others to know that a Male practitioner had found them, and learned from them so easily. In their minds, they did what they had to in order to survive. I could not fault them. While it was against so much of my code, it made me feel... sick to know that I had this affinity, I had to honor them. I was a man of my word. For that, I came to this lesson, this teaching by Master Graves in which would possibly expand upon my abilities with this aspect of stealth.

While at the moment all I could perform was the simple act of becoming physically, and through the force, invisible, I wanted to know more. Were these other aspects of stealth be incorporated into the current so that I may become much stronger within these abilities? Coming forward to the man who would be leading such lessons, I bowed my head deeply to show respect for the Jedi Master. Letting the back of my neck feel the sun beating down on it for a moment as the wide brim couldn't protect it.

My head lifted up and looked at the man in the eye. Not as a challenge, but to show that I was interested, and willing to come forward with this.

"Ra'syn, Je'daii of Kro Var. Thank you for this opportunity to learn."

Vexander Graves Vexander Graves

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Kuxirra ran towards Vexander Graves Vexander Graves , the hot sand scalding her bare feet and causing her to run faster. The Togruta's outfit was quite different from those of Vex and Chaaj Priest Chaaj Priest , as she wore nothing to protect her head and she wore the top she usually wore, her midriff exposed, along with her leggings. The Padawan looked at the two and realized she may have had a lack of common sense in her dress, as they had far less skin exposed.

The first of the students for this lessons began to arrive, and at that moment... it just made Vexander smile. He was quite happy on the fact that the Enclave allowed such a diversity for those who wanted to achieve a bigger understanding of the Force and to use it for the right purposes in this galaxy.

It was for that specific reason that the Jedi Master greeted the Jed'aii with such content.

" Chaaj Priest Chaaj Priest of Kro Var, I am the one who should thank you the chance to share what I know" At that moment, Vex bowed his head a bit which seemed as some sort of nod.

Then in just a moment, he noticed Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri arrive in an attire that would actually help her in the training but that it would be hazardous for her skin under these conditions.

"Kuxi, welcome! Glad you made it as well; we are just waiting for others to start the lesson" He raised his eyebrow a bit but trying to maintain his smile "Hope the sun doesn't mess up with your skin that much... we will be here a few hours you know?"

Alysia Shields

A
Classmates: Vexander Graves Vexander Graves , Chaaj Priest Chaaj Priest & Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri .

Alysia wasn't one of the first to arrive, though she didn't appear to be late either. Walking towards the group from the direction of the Jakku Enclave, she approached the scheduled class having been 'encouraged' to join them by one of their superiors among the rostered Knights of the Jedi locale.

The girl's attire was simple yet with something of a tomboyish look, loose baggy white pants with a white tank top tucked in beneath the brown belt that wrapped around her waist and carried her lightsaber swaying against her right hip. Her footwear was thankfully well suited to the heat of the midday's sand and her overall appearance was what she considered to be tidy, despite her hair being loosely tied back in a ponytail with rogue strands falling down from her fringe as though she'd been in too much of a rush to care.

"Hey" she greeted the other three in short, taking her place off to the side and keeping to her own space as though her personal bubble was a barrier that kept her barred from close proximity to the others. Her head lowered a little, glancing quickly across those nearby yet wanting not to call attention to herself and otherwise avoiding making eye contact with anyone in particular.

"Go to Jakku and join our jedi.... They said."..... "It will bbe fun they said." Kyoko stood there and she had a small amount of interest in the heat... thankfully the robes served several purposes including regulating her bodies temperature for the heat. THe other was limitors... the robe had several that made her appear no stronger then a youngling and few understood jedi shadows better then master Syn Syn . He had taught many of them and the lightside aura she let be felt wasn't scattered for the moment. She rolled her shoulders and joined listening to Vexander Graves Vexander Graves who was teaching it as she observed the others who were around her. Letting the sabers on her hip gleam but they looked like throwing stars one of the martial artists on Atrisia would wear.

A new apprentice joined the group, one that Vex have not seen before to be honest; her attire and her stance caught the Master's attention. She seemed shy but not shy enough since she showed up in the lesson. Not being someone to judge at first glance though... he just decided to reserve his inner judgement of the girl for later, perhaps he would get a greater understanding of her.

"Welcome!" he said in a cheerful manner and his usual trademarked smile as soon as he noticed a fourth person joining the fold. He had not seen the girl before... she seemed young for sure... but regardless if he knew her or not, she was around so he just nodded at her and decided to proceed.

Vexander expected for others to join, but they had been under the sun for quite a long time and he couldn't wait any longer, perhaps they would come in in the middle of the lecture.

"Let's start shall we?" Opening his arms to the sides like welcoming someone, he tried to catch everyone's attention despite the fact that it was most likely that there wouldn't be anything at all that would distract them other than the ocassional gust of wind that blew some sand their way "Please try to make a circle while I explain why we are here and what we are trying to accomplish today, since we will exploring an aspect of the Force that some consider shaddy and un-Jedi like" The man raised his left hand and presented his palm while he turned a bit his head to the left as well "nevertheless; it's an ancient art used to fight the darkside and it's agents by Jedi Shadows for a long long time, and it requires great care and a lot of practice and training to actually make it work"

Pacing a bit, dragging his feet a bit, he just began to approach the group a bit "The Force Concealment technique might be seen as a simple mind trick... but let me assure you, that if it was a mind trick... a Jedi would left to the mercy of those strong enough to resist the trick since you would be semi-invisible. Instead, this technique uses a combination of several different things that you can add through training and concentrating" Raising his index finger, he just started to count "First, we need to understand how the light works and to prevent it from reflecting on our body... so we call upon the Force to help us with that" It was at that moment when he just disappeared from plain sight using the technique to prove his point, all of a sudden he was not there at all... but with the help of the Force, he allowed some light to pour in through him so that they could get glimpses of where he was "Then, the second step" the man unconciously lifted his hand again and raised the index and middle finger to keep the count, without realizing that he could not be seen "You need to be mindful of the sound that you generate and create a sound-dampening bubble through the Force to keep it contained... almost like if you were a feather flowing with the wind" Then, Vex just proceeded to deflect all light and moved around the whole group slowly... his footsteps could be easily seen in the sand, his weight left the print in the sand and the sand raised as he lifted his feet one at a time, everyone could clearly see him but... he couldn't be heard at all.

"Those two factors are crucial to be effective as a Jedi Shadow... but not the only ones... always keep in mind that this technique also might require you other things" The man showed up once again, releasing the hold of his technique and appearing just in the middle of everyone, right in the center of the group "When facing Force Sensitive beings you need to shield your Force Presence, you might need to levitate to avoid what happened with the sand here, learn to concentrate enough to run while keeping the technique active and even see if you can actually use it on combat... something I am still trying to practice myself" the thoughts of the man went back to the last battle he had against the Primarch of the Bryn'adul and how such feat drained him a lot "So, as you can see; this is complex... but it is not something that will ellude us at all since today, we will focus in the first two aspects of the Concealment: Bending light and sounddampering"

His gaze hovered across the ones present to see if they were paying attention, and also to determine when to proceed with the next or in case they had doubts.

"Following me so far? Any questions?"

Her ears perked up a little listening to the jedi as he was talking about what was being taught. Then he said it was importat for a jedi shadow and she raised an eyebrow at that she she had seen jedi shadows... or at least regular shadows and while some used stealth ones like the vashton or Master Syn were much more power houses. She adjusted the glasses that came with the robes andd pushed them up for a moment as she watched it coming and the kyber crystal lens allowed piercing concealment and illusions up to the fallanassis white current. Still she was looking to learen and took what he said while focusing the force around her. This felt a little more disciple of twilight stealth then anything else but her mind was clear when she reached out to bend the light around her hands and added more of the limiters to scatter her presence with the robes.

Alysia Shields

A
Alysia moved to space herself out from the others in the group, doing her part to form something of a circle and turning back to continue listening to Vexander Graves Vexander Graves intently. To learn how to conceal her presence in the Force from others was a skill she considered to be pivotal to the role of a Jedi Shadow, and their instructor even went so far as to confirm it, mentioning the Shadow's themselves for their use of the ability.

Master Graves began to explain the steps required in performing the ability, to learn how to control the light and keep it from reflecting off of their own form. Alysia had learned through her schooling just how sight and their senses worked, how the eyes perceived colour and light and how every surface reflected that light shaping the way people perceived vision.

The second step revolved around creating a sound dampening field, to silence any evidence of one's presence within the environment, to keep yourself contained and free from being exposed to others.

That was when their Instructor moved around the group, making not a single sound as he demonstrated what seemed to be clear mastery over the skill. A slight smirk took to the corner of her lips as she watched, obviously impressed and interested in learning to perform the feat as exceptionally as he had.

As explained to them, performing the skill wasn't as simple as he made it out to be. Easier said than done, apparently. Still, nothing worthwhile was ever easy, right. Alysia looked around the group pensively, gauging to see how much they understood and whether or not they were as interested as she was to get started.

Vexander bowed his head in return. While it was one more customary of those throughout the galaxy rather than the full bow that I was accustomed to of my own culture, I accepted it either way. He was a teacher and a mentor who would be giving us his time when he could otherwise have other important tasks. While I am sure part of his job description was to teach, most wanted to teach one on one. Not in a group where there would be a slew of questions, eyes, or students who operated at different speeds.

A Twi'lek, another near-human, and even what looked to be an Atrisian joined in these teachings. A little bit of a mix was with us today. I had no questions up front, but Vexander got right into the lesson. Indicating things that we would have to keep in mind when performing such tasks. While we were invisible to the eye, that didn't mean we did not leave a trail behind us. Nor was our own signature or presence within the force hidden as well. In order to truly become hidden, one had to immerse themselves fully within the force in multiple points in order to become a real ghost.

Even seemingly moving into the circle of us students. While speaking of what he was doing, Vexander was also explaining how it worked in many senses. And it only showed one question to myself. As a newly learning individual of a current within the force, the slightest tapping into that potential allowed me to feel the force still flowing around him. The waves within the current could still be felt. While our own ripples could likely hide him, if one focused clearly enough, I had a feeling one of the White Current could still feel him.

"Is there a way to hide completely within the force?"

A furrowed brow on my face and a second to think over my words before I continued to speak. Not wanting to expose myself too much, but enough that I understood.

"The force flows through everything. Even hiding within the force, one would have to allow the force to flow through them freely. And should someone tap into this flow, they could still find one who hides even as well as a Master within the art."

It was completely true. In many instances of the force, I have found that those who use it, act as a catalyst for it. They are an extension of the force, and by using it, open themselves to this current of the force. Even if you hide yourself, you still open yourself to the force. Truly being invisible within the force, would be a death in one aspect or another. I was learning more every day with my own teachings. Coming to this lesson would only help improve on what I knew, and I hoped he would have an answer. Yet, I knew not everyone was an inexhaustible wealth of knowledge. Vexander himself mentioned he was still learning on some aspects.

Vexander Graves Vexander Graves Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Alysia Shields Kyoko Ike Kyoko Ike

Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri | Alysia Shields | Kyoko Ike Kyoko Ike | Chaaj Priest Chaaj Priest |

The question actually made a lot of sense, there were beings in the galaxy that could 'repel' the Force such as the ysalamir or the Vong themselves... they were like silent in the Force... but it was something constant and they didn't use the Force.

Vexander smiled at the question posed by the Je'daii and he proceeded to reply.

"I believe that I know what you mean... someone who can tap into the small ripples of the Force might be able to sense you even when using this Force concealment and shielding techniques, there are even some artifacts built by our very own Jedi that allow detection despite being a Jedi Master. However; there are always ways to diminish the chance to get caught to the point where, as I said before; will render you virtually invisible. Even shrink your Force presence to microscopic levels that would require someone to be be also able to detect in microscopic level"

Once again, he just went ahead with the fingers.

"Remember, we are trying to combine two techniques into one..." he raised his first finger "...Force Cloak that will hide your physical self..." he raised his other finger "...and Force Stealth, that will hide your Force Presence" The man turned around and smiled directly at him "Thank you for your question though since it is quite valid"

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Kuxirra watched as Vexander Graves Vexander Graves demonstrated, eventually deciding to try it for herself. Her form became slightly translucent before a voice only she could hear interrupted her thoughts.
"What the feth are you doing?" The voice, though identical to her own, was cruel.
"Huh?" Kuxirra whirled around to see her evil twin. It had become a common occurrence, and she doubted it was a dehydration-induced hallucination or a mirage that only she could see. "How are you here?"
"Just get the kark out of my head!" The evil twin said, swinging her red lightsaber at Kuxirra. Before the blade could reach her, though, the twin disappeared, and the Padawan turned back to the others.

Alysia Shields

A
Alysia watched and listened to the two, Chaaj Priest Chaaj Priest who had asked a question with apparent knowledge behind it, to Vexander Graves Vexander Graves who was responsible for teaching the lesson. Between the two of them, she quietly wondered if there wasn't a difference of opinion being aired, yet she herself wasn't the best at picking up on social queues and so she remained quiet and observant.

Sometimes it was best to say nothing if lacking a reason to interject. Alysia had often found that she learned more by times like these, left to observe and study those around her. What they said, how their reactions and body language either reflected their words or could expose their true feelings. Naturally, there weren't any secrets or conspiracies present here, yet it did her well not to share or convey any more of herself than what was required of her.

Vexander had yet to ask any of them to try to demonstrate the proposed techniques themselves, yet one of the others seemed somewhat distracted. Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri seemed to be concentrating on something, her gaze almost translucent as though she wasn't present in consciousness at all. A short time later, she seemed to snap back to the present, realizing her surroundings once more.

Alysia made a mental note, 'Something's funny about that one'.

Kyoko Ike Kyoko Ike

Kyoko continued to listen to Vexander Graves Vexander Graves and offered a raised eyebrow at his words but she was focusing and scattered herself more with her presence shrinking away... her focus on eliminating her presence in the force same as she expanded the tingling sensation on her hand down along the length of her arm to observe the light bending around and she could see the light refraction on the surface of the skin. "Hmm it tickles." She said it and rolled her shoulders focusing on the force and her connection to it to expand the field across her entire body.. helped being smaller then most at least... less area to have to worry about when she noticed the others and iunternally shrugged. THis was going to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom