Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Castan SCX-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Castan SCX-3

ryH4RFj.jpg

d1tfRO8.jpg

Castan SCX-3 starfighter

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a standard SD deployed short range fighter
  • Image Source: CSX-3 Image 1 SCX-3 Image 2
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Aegis Corporation
  • Model: SCX-3
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market

• Production: Minor-Production.
  • Material: Composite carbide/ceramic Durasteel Hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Short Range Multipurpose Fighter
  • Length: 12 meters
  • Width: 12 meters full wing span
  • Height: 6 meters
  • Armament: Average 2 heavy supercharged (fast capacitor cycling) laser canons on wing tip that fire fore and aft, 2 laser canons undercarrige. Missile launchers.
  • Defenses:Average Carbide/ceramic Durasteel Hull, Extra shield power drawn from engines
  • Squadron Count: Average 12
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Moderate
  • Hyperdrive Class:Very Slow 10
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard shields with redundancy backup from the 3 engines
  • Basic Sensors
  • Basic Communication Device
  • 2x K-57B sub-light thruster engines

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • 2 complimentary flash burst hyper booster engines that fire for a micro second as an evasive defensive system.

Strengths:
  • Fast response targeting computer.
  • Pulse code modulating comm, making it nearly impossible to jam.
  • Highly maneuverable in space and in atmosphere.
  • Micro-burst complimentary engines.

Weaknesses:

• Short range fighter: Inefficient hyperdrive, taking 10 days to cross a Hex. It is dependent on it's carrier for long range deployment.
  • Short range comm: As it is not a long range fighter, it's comm is limited withing system range.
  • Too much of a good thing: It's hyper boost complimentary engines can only be fired every 60 seconds or they will overheat and rupture. And they consume a LOT of fuel, so they can theoretically be effective for an estimated 10 burst fires before the entire fighter is out of fuel.

Description:

The Castan designed SCX-3 is primarily a carrier deployed fighter that is superior in both open space and planet side against fighter to fighter engagements. It has 2 fixed wings/foils connecting it's primary heavy laser canons, making it a very robust and stable lightweight fighter. It's 2 sub-light engines make it a fast deployed and responsive sub-light fighter. It's two ultra-busrst afterburner thrusters (lower sphere-like engines as pictured) give it a near hop jump in outrunning enemy missiles. The Castan SCX-3 is a short range fighter with 2 flash burst hyperboost complimentary engines. These booster engines can almost reach light speed, for a microsecond, but can't as it is just a quick booster for quick evasive maneuver to avoid a tracking missiles on it's tail. It basically just hops/jumps very short distances for a microsecond. Example: a burst will propel it enough away (but not out of a system) to avoid getting hit by an enemy missile if on board comp senses it.
The SCX-3 is one of the fastest carrier/land based fighter in the Castan forces.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Karlie Lynn Destat said:
Almost, but not quite: The Castan SCX-3 is a short range fighter with 2 flash burst hyperboost complimentary engines. These booster engines can almost reach light speed, for a microsecond,but can't as it is just a quick booster for quick evasive maneuver to avoid a tracking missiles on it's tail. It basically just hops/jumps very, very short distances for a microsecond. Example: a burst will propel it enough away to avoid getting hit by an enemy missile if on board comp senses it.

This seems like more of a strength than an actual weakness, as what you're stating here basically says that the ship can do micro-jumps to avoid enemy missiles. I'd like you to add this to strengths and think of another weakness.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Moved said micro burst engines to strengths.
Elaborated more in lack of hyperdrive efficiency, having it drop to hyperspeed 10. This makes it take 10 days to cross a Hex, and as thus it is dependent on it's mother ship for out of system (long range) deployment.

I can drop hyperspeed capability, if that will make a difference.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

I think that should be fine, just do me one more favor and bump this down to Minor-production. I believe the hyperboost is a rather interesting technology but wouldn't necessarily be capable of being produced on a mass-scale.

Do that and we should be all set for approval :)

Karlie Lynn Destat

Minor-Production it is.

And thank you for the insight as to sub the micro jump engines as a new tech in the factory. I'll work on that when I have some time. :)

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]

Cool then I think this is ready.

Also please in the future make sure to mention your factory judge in replies. You can do so by pressing "@mention" beneath their tags or writing @Factoryjudgenamehere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom