Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capital Planets Distinction/Rule Change

As I told Staff, I'll take the fall for this. Usually, we don't ever talk about anything until it's relevant. Sadly, this sometimes interrupts gameplay here on the forums.

The current ruling came into question when the Republic invaded Nar Shaddaa:

1. Each faction, upon creation, will name one planet as it's "Capital". Factions may not invade the capital planet unless you have occupied a neighboring system.
2. If you wish to invade the capital planet and are unsure as to whether or not you own a neighboring planet, consult a Role-play Judge before invading.

Clarification was asked for, which prompted a discussion, because as Tegs and I discussed - it's an archaic rule that still somewhat applied. Due to the tense situation and the fact that we might have had to tell the Republic to back off (and someone filed a report about it), I called for an immediate vote on the issue so we didn't let the role-play get too far before having to sit the Faction Leaders down and tell them their right to the invasion was illegitimate.

Staff voted this in as the new rule.

1. Each faction, upon creation, will name one planet as it's "Capital". Factions may not invade the opposition's capital planet unless they have occupied a neighboring hex.

Sadly, this renders the report obsolete, but answers a lot of questions and makes the rule a lot clearer. With the wording of "neighboring system", the ruling leaves things open for interpretation. With the wording of "in the hex" or "one hex away", it makes it very clear.

Yeah, but it's good to be clarified on the issue.

Not sure how many of you remember, but at the very beginning there were no limits on invasion or dominion distances, and this was added so the Sith couldn't invade Coruscant from the word go.

Now it's all squared away, I'm very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom