Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Teach an Old Rock New Tricks

It had been a good day, and it was only going to get better. Bullwark had that Toydarian arms trader in his back pocket and the winged sleaze didn't even know it. Just one trip to the tavern. A few drinks with a Verpine friend to convince him to take advantage of the opening of a new gun manufacture by dropping his prices on his barrels and actions. The Toydarian would see the storm coming and be glad to sell his outdated wares at a deeply discounted rate in order to clear space for something more competitive.
Bullwark chuckled to himself. Dropping prices on old guns was just the beginning of his plans. With his Mandalorian clients and the small mountain of durasteel he'd been sitting on for just such an occasion... yes, the day was only going to get better. He was a block away from the tavern, walking with a peculiar spring in his step, made even more peculiar by his giant stone frame. That's when he felt it.
He stopped cold in his tracks. He'd never felt anything like it before. A sense. A pull. He felt like he needed to turn down an alley. He shook his head, trying to clear away the feeling. He was going to make a deal. A really, really good deal. The kind of deal that only came around once every three quarters or so. He walked past the alley.
Then, he stopped, turned around, and went down the alley. There was nothing there. Not a rat, not a beggar, nothing. "Go on." His mind seemed to tell him. He proceeded, growing more and more skeptical with each step. He rounded a corner and there she was.
"What are you doing here, miss?" He asked.

[member="Eli-Mae Forrest"]

Eli felt the force calling her to this exact location, she didn't know why or what the reason was but she had let the force guide her. Over the past few years she had grown in power so that the small girl who lived upon her parents starship would not recognize the warrior that stood in the same place she did not too long ago. Eli awoke this very morning with a start, in a cold sweat her mind racing, of this place. She had never been to this exact spot but she had been upon Nar Shaddaa many times so she recognized the planet from her dreams instantly. In her dreams she had seen herself not in armor but in a black outfit, a hood and cape around her shoulders as a storm drew near, she felt the importance of this moment upon her journey and did not want to risk changing her fate. It was then that she stood from her bed, the small redhead quickly made her way across the carpeted floor of her quarters to the closet where all of her extensive wardrobe lived. She would grab the exact outfit she had seen in her dream, a black crop top and short skirt with sneakers. She would then turn and grab her sabers before getting her cape.

She made her way to the cockpit of her vessel and took a seat in the pilots chair, recently she had ventured off of Vylmira to see the wider galaxy. Taking the controls she punched in the jump coordinates for Nar Shaddaa. Having done that she small redhead stood and walked, her hips swaying, back to the galley of the ship. Once there she put some caf on to brew and began to cook her breakfast of Nerf Steak and eggs. The small redhead still couldnt get the feeling out of her mind, it felt like this day may change the very course of her life if she was right.

Upon landing her ship at the space port Eli-Mae made her way through the city. It felt as if a massive storm was about to hit the city. As she came to the alley she had seen in her dream she decided to wait.

It wasn't long until the man came around the corner, he towered over the small redhead and when she was asked she answered "I was lead here by the force same as you, but for what reason I do not yet know"

[member="Bullwark"]

"So, that's what it feels like." Bullwark mused, scratching a stone thumb along his chin. "Had a friend once. Gomorrean. Had a thicker head than me, and that's saying something. He wore a cloak kind of like yours. Was always telling me he was feeling stuff through the force. Made him act irrationally... But you probably don't care about that. Here I am telling a stranger a pointless story without making an introduction. And just there, I again delayed introducing myself by explaining by explaining my prior summation. And there... And there..." He rolled his eyes with a practiced self-deprecating sigh. "I'm Bullwark."
He looked around the alley, just to be sure the thing that had beckoned to him wasn't some sacred object. The force only worked through objects, so far as he knew. He'd seen force users manipulate dice more than once. Maybe the force was telling him to look for something to add to the already-amazing deal he was trying to rig. But there was nothing in that alley, except this little yet imposing girl. There wasn't even a scrap of paper floating on the rancid wind. Maybe the girl knew something about one of the players in the deal. He considered asking her outright, but he had learned that such a tactic rarely produced enviable results. Trading was a death-dance. Best to let each player go through the motions for a few stanzas before determining the best way to interrupt the cadence and steal center stage.
"Truth be told, I was in a hurry but something told me to come here." Bullwark said, fixing his small but obnoxious hat. "Why don't you come with me? I'll buy you a drink or two. Maybe we could talk about these feelings from the force after I'm done talking with my Verpine friend. But we shouldn't go at the same time. Don't want my friend thinking I'm altering the terms of our meeting. I'll find his table in the dining room. If you want, go ahead and open a tab for yourself at the bar. I'll cover whatever you need to tide you over until I'm free. Salutations, then."
Bullwark touched his hat and then turned around. He walked briskly down the alley and emerged on the main sidewalk. The doorman at the tavern knew him and allowed him in without identification, bending an ear to the vatthkree's request to allow in the short redheaded girl with the ominous cloak.
Ak'tak'ree Tas'tat'tin was waiting at the center table of the dining room, his mandibles clacking impatiently. He was an extremely timely bug. Being mere moments late was an offense he spared little forgiveness for. But Bullwark had asked him to meet for drinks. Drinks meant deals and, at least with Bullwark, deals meant money.
"Greetings, old friend." Bullwark touched his hat. "I know, I know. I'm late. Let me apologize by taking your check." A short silence awaiting a response that didn't come. "Now, about those VS-99's..."

[member="Eli-Mae Forrest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom