Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I Make Amends?

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak strolled Coruscant's streets, looking for all the world like he was enjoying himself. In reality, it felt like someone had stapled a Death Star to his heart.

So it was no coincidence, then, when he came to the foot of the Jedi Temple. Respectfully ascending the stairs, he stopped as the guards approached him.

"I would like to meet Master Joshua DragonsFlame. Tell him it's an old friend."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

The guard nodded, and went to fetch Master DragonsFlame.

Within a few minutes, a very tired looking Josh DragonsFlame walked down the stairs, flanked by the guards. He didn't look happy, to say the least. But why would he? Just getting out of a war only to be put smack dab into a new one.

He stopped in front of Jak, and tilted his head.

"What do you want?" he asked calmly.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak sighed through his nose, as Josh asked him.

"What do I want? Well... a lot of things. First off... I need to apologize. You and I both know what for. That... and I could use some advice from someone who's been through hell and back again."

He crossed his arms, but the Jedi Master nodded slowly.

"Apology accepted" he said calmly. "Should have known you mainly came because you wanted something though. But go ahead, shoot" he said, sighing.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

He chuckles a bit, and shrugged.

"Sure, why not" he said. "Provided you don't backstab me for the Fringe or some shiz like that. Seriously, I'm done being backstabbed" he said seriously.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak lost his amicable look. "Josh. I swear by all that is holy, I WILL NEVER BACKSTAB YOU. Not after what you have been through. Which is kinda what I wanted to talk to you about. That and some other stuff."
---

Once they had found their way to a watering hole of sufficient standards, and had ordered drinks, and had sat down, Jak opened up.

"Josh, I have no idea what you have been through. I can't possibly imagine. But, to me, it would seem like you're trying to paint over an open wound. And you can't do that. So. What I want you to do is something I have been attempting to do for some time now. Josh - are you a mentalist of any kind?"

"Well, what do you expect?" he asked. "You're on the warring side with me. And the only people that have been associated with me that were on warring sides, have either stabbed me in the back, or in the case of Saoirse, was killed, or disappeared, or whatever, likely by the warring faction" he said, glaring.

---------------------

Once they had found somewhere to drink and Josh had drowned a couple of drinks, he listened to Jak's question, and shrugged.

"A what?" he asked.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Then it's time to rethink the definition of 'friend'."
--------

"A mentalist," he repeated. "Someone who can do stuff with their mind."

To enunciate what he meant, he did two things. First, he made the beer in the glass slowly reform in midair into a fairly good likeness of a Joshua statuette.

The second thing he did was give a little *ping* on Josh's mind.

The ping didn't even hit him. It was odd, but nothing seemed to penetrate his mind. It was like something was blocking Jak from it.

He cracked his neck, and nodded a bit, seeing what he was talking about.

"I'm a Jedi. Mind stuff is kind of my thing" he said with a shrug.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Well, then," he said, clasping his hands under his chin. "You're the perfect person I need to talk to."

"Josh - you've been holding in the pain too long. And it needs to stop. As your only long-term surviving friend, I am telling you to just let it go. Better yet - share it with me."

He was dead-serious.

He stared him down. "Let what go?" he asked, cracking his neck. "I'm fine. I've got nothing wrong with me. At least I'm not karked enough in the head to marry Circe"

Finally, some humor. His lips twitched into a faint grin.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Let it go. Let it gooooooooooooooooooooo. Oh god, @[member="Fabula Cavataio"] is going to kill me.

Jak Sandrow

Jak was slightly less amused. "Dude, come on. I saw it in your face not three days ago. And you're telling me it's gone?"

He rapped Josh's forehead with his knuckles. "So what else do you have stored up in here, eh?"

Hey Fabs - Do you want to build a snowman?

"Let it go? Let what gooooooo?" he asked in a small singsong voice. "What did'ja see in mah face, Mr. Planty Man?"

He almost seemed insane. But, perhaps at this point, he was. Or drunk. But he'd had more drinks then this before and remained relatively stable. Probably how he escaped the clutches of a certain someone for so long.

"What do I have stored up in there that you think you know, Jak? How well do you think you know me?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak gave a wry grimace. "That's the thing, Josh. I don't know. And that might be the problem. Because you keep holding it in, and it'll damage any hope of meeting someone else."

"Would Saorse want you to feel this way?"

Uh huh. He went there.

Annnd he punched him. Yep, there was something there alright, and Jak felt all of it as the punch hit him right in the jaw. Josh glared down at him, but sighed, looking at him apologetically.

"Sorry..." he said. It was almost like an animal instinct. "I've... Tried to let go. Slowly. I thought I finally had after Ossus but... I can't, Jak. I can't accept that she's gone" he said, biting his lip. "It bothers me, every day and night. I just... I can't take it. I dream about her still, I look at the pillow beside me when I wake up in the middle of the night, hoping and pleading that it was all a dream and she's there... But she's not. She's never there, damnit"

He glared at him. "Are you happy now?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak had been expecting something along those lines.

"I'th fine," he said, snapping his jaw back into place with a little squelch. "I was sort of counting on it."

"I'm happier. Josh, you need to bleed out the poison before you can heal the wound. For the sake of your soul, Josh. Just... let me in your frigging head!"

It tore him to pieces that his friend was letting himself rot like this. It hurt him even more that Josh wouldn't share the pain.

He glared at him. "And what?" he finally said. "Let you manipulate me, pretend to be my friend, and then when I trust you, stab me in the back so you can get brownie points with the Fringe? Jak, you were willing to attack me, just to get brownie points with them back a few days ago. Why would I trust you to go into my mind Jak? Explain that to me?" he said sharply.

He was mad. He admitted it. He was mad. That Jak would dare even try this after what had happened.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Then get it my head!" he replied, turning a few heads.

"Josh - what do I have to do to get you to trust me? I never backstabbed you. I never tried to swing anything past your gaze. And... it hurts that you assume too much just because you have other friends that do this to you."

"And if I seem to recall correctly, I had no intention of attacking you. I simply wanted to do this - " He LIGHTLY punched Josh back.

"Because you will do ANYTHING for the Fringe" he said coldly.

"Face it, Jak. You're desperate. You're desperate for a faction to accept you, and you'll do anything to get it. And putting down a Jedi Master will be something that might get you that" he said. "Especially a Jedi Councillor" he said, sighing.

"I want to trust you, Jak. But look at it from my perspective. I've spent my whole life being betrayed. The man who saved my life and brought me into the Jedi, the man who was my own FATHER FIGURE and MENTOR betrayed me when I was 10 years old. How can I trust someone in the Fringe, who is so desperate.... Oh so desperate, to make their living there?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom