Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can a planet be "Constructed"?

When submitting a new custom planet, can the origin of that planet be artificial in nature, in that it is constructed?

So obviously in Legends canon there are such things as Worldcraft, impressively built space stations that simulate the environment of a planet rather well. In Canon, we have the Death Stars and Starkiller Base which, while being super weapons and not allowed on the board, were described as being "small moons" or built literally into a planet (that laser was huge and cut very deeply into the core of the planet itself). So obviously, any faction with significant funding (even if such clout is not really described or explored, I'm looking at you Snoke's First Order!) can engage in large scale worldly construction projects. Then we have our own board canon, where worlds that were turned into an asteroid field have been totally rebuilt in the Golden Age just prior to the 400 Year Darkness. So it is entirely possible for entire planets to be just... constructed, from essentially nothing.

With all that in mind, would I be off base to say it would be possible to construct a planet provided it wasn't a super weapon, and clearly served no other purpose than to be planet?

Side question, with present galactic technology, how many decades would it take to construct a thing of this magnitude?

[member="Noah Corek"] correct, a Dyson Sphere would be orders of magnitude out of the question.

A small planet, similar to the sizes seen in canon without the super weapon, for the purpose of habitation or some other non-weapon purpose.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Fatty"]

Honestly in my own thinking it would depend on how you built it. You could just build it the size of the Death Star and use worldcraft to simulate gravity and atmosphere, like you've already said. But I think if you went the opposite way and tried to actually build it out of natural materials you'd have a much harder time with things like gravity, atmosphere, etc.

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Fatty"], you are correct in assuming so. Planets naturally form over billions of years depending on so many variables such as placement within the system, what are you starting from, how large are you making it, gaseous planetoid, earth like, habitable environment, or covred in bio-domes.

Easiest way would be to build something like a deathstar, or star killer base without the weapon, minimal life support, standard gravity, and have everything imported until an ecosystem is fabricated with fauna and flora.

Honestly, I don't see why this wouldn't be okay as long as it has no weapons or defense systems installed. (Fortifications added later on, on a location basis) and this could easily be done on a much smaller scale to begin with due to the massive stations people have already built.

[member="Leos Palle"] how can I copy something I've never heard of? :p Nah, I'm just going to make an entire planet modeled off of Voracitos :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom