Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camp Firemane

To say many - if not all - of the Cadets at the current camp were overly impressed with [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] . They crowded around her like a celebrity, begging for questions to be answered and tales to be told. A buzz surrounded the dining hall as students had abandoned their meals to go and crowd around the good Lady Kerrigan.

Well, all Cadets but one were crowded around Lady Kerrigan. Norah was sitting far away, her datapad opened to the latest book she was reading. Meal sat out in a tray. For a 'camp' atmosphere, the food was quite top notch. Pasta and sauce had been piled on top of a piece of deep fried fowl she couldn't identify. Vegetables and a dessert of some type of indulgent cake sat to her side as she worked her way through the main dish.

Napkin came to wipe her mouth as eyes remained fixated on the screen, reading the latest novel in her collection. Kerrigan didn't thrill her and there was zero sense of letting excellent food go to waste.

[member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"]

Almost as soon as Siobhan had entered the mess hall, she was surrounded by Cadets! It seemed like almost all of them had gotten up, forgotten their meals and swarmed her like little zerg! Well, adorable, little zerg. Or at least Siobhan thought so.

"Hey, there, Cadets. Nice to meet you," she said cheerfully. "Oh, please don't stop eating on my account. I don't want you to going to bed with empty stomaches. If your parents found out, they'd be very angry with me," she joked, which caused some laughter.

Feeling rather maternal and not having the heart to tell the kids to go she decided to simply levitate some dishes over. Very soon Cadets were begging for autograms, asking various questions or enquiring about tales. Apparently Sio stories were in!

"Lady Kerrigan, did you really punch Cthulhu out?" one purple Twi'lek girl asked.

"Well, I didn't do it alone, but yes. It was a big fight."

"Is it true you can fly? That's so fething cool!"

"No swearing." Err, wait, since when did Siobhan have a problem with that? "How about you sit down around me, have your meals and we can talk a bit? You'll all get your turn." There was a big cheer and she sat down on a chair. Quickly chairs and tables were moved and positioned around her. The Countess was so nice to speed up the process with some telekinesis. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Norah, who was sitting apart from everyone and not looking impressed in the least! However, then the mass of kiddies commanded her attention again.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

"How many roofs have you torn down?"

"Is it true they erected a statue of you on one of the Roche asteroids?"

"Can you really bring down star destroyers with your mind?"

Norah listened to the questions and rolled her eyes. The other Cadets seemed quite taken with Kerrigan. It was rather nauseating to listen to in a way. The blind adoration. The questions. Hearing the other Cadets act as if she was some type of God was making her stomach turn. Most of her meal was complete now, saving the cake for last.

Yet she wanted to eat in peace. Norah closed her datapad and got up, snagging the small plate with her dessert. One wasn't supposed to take plates from the dining hall. Norah wasn't worried about eating the cake outside or in her room. She would take the punishments for having a fork and plate outside the dining hall gladly.

The redhead slipped through the side door and was gone.

Suffice to say, Siobhan loved being worshipped and adored. That said, part of her was concerned that the kids might get the wrong impression, but still loved the adoration!

"How many roofs have you torn down?"

"I'm not that sure to be honest. A lot! I did it on Roche because otherwise we'd have all been killed by Sith. Plenty of good people died. It's not a day I'm proud of. But I also gained a friend." Who was now dead after not having been Sio's friend for a long time - and whose daughter had just slipped out.

"Is it true they erected a statue of you on one of the Roche asteroids?"

"I have a statue? Gosh. No one tells me these things. Thanks, I'll have to ask. Better be a nice one." Would it have oversized breasts?

"Can you really bring down star destroyers with your mind?"

"Never tried! I redirected a crashing Lucrehulk to keep it from killing civilians though."

"Are you gonna be Grand Master?"

"Heavens no. Too much paperwork! Besides, people would expect me to lead meditation classes." And so the barrage of questions continued for quite a while until eventually Siobhan wrapped it up. "Thanks for the very warm reception, kids. Brought a smile to my face. I'm glad you're enjoying your stay with us and are learning useful things, though as a mother myself I hope none of you ever need to take up a weapon and fight in a war, but it's best to be prepared for anything. Remember, the camp staff is here for you." She was not preaching non-violence, but war was not all fun and games.

"Aww...Please? One more question? Will you be here tomorrow? How can I get a job at Firemane when I'm older...? "

Questions continued to pepper the form of [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] . The children seemed to be quite taken with the leader of many 'Butchering' campaigns across the 'verse. She had caused quite the stir, so much the Staff had to step in to settle the Cadets down. A break in the strict discipline that often was rule for FCLC.

"Thats enough Cadets. You have five minutes to finish your meals before returning to your cabins for the evening. Lady Kerrigan was kind enough to stop and answer as many questions as possible."

Meanwhile, back at the cabins....because hey, even Firemane realized all camps must have cabins!

tumblr_inline_mso6gz89oM1qz4rgp.jpg
Norah sat on the steps of her assigned cabin, eating her cake in peace. Distantly the sound of live fire exercises could be heard, intermixing with the sound of various local insects. A flash on the horizon indicated a flash bang had gone off somewhere near the live fire exercises, looking like a bit of fireworks from her location.

Crumbs fell on her shirt and she brushed them off, delighting in the silence.

"Aww...Please? One more question? Will you be here tomorrow? How can I get a job at Firemane when I'm older...? "

Yay! The kiddies loved her! That said, it was nice to be disentangled from them when they launched another barrage of questions at her. It was all a bit like a massive artillery salvoe! However, she kept her cool and still had a smile on her face.

"Yes, I'll be there tomorrow. Firemane has recruitment stations across the 'verse and there's an application formulae on our 'site. You'll all get a brochure before your time here is over," she said, a bit out of breath after all the talking. "Good night, kids!" While the Cadets calmned down and hastily went back to their meals, Siobhan exited the mess hall.

Outside night had fallen and a cool breeze brushed against her skin as she stepped outside, making her shiver a little bit. In the distance, the sound of the last live fire exercises could be heard, along with insects and birds. Blasterfire and flashbang explosions looked like fireworks. As chance would have it, Siobhan just happened to pass Norah's cabin, while the redhead was peacefully eating her cake. Naturally Siobhan just had to stop and, after some thinking, approach her. Hopefully things would not go too badly!

The last of the crumbs were picked up by the back of the fork on her plate. Norah seemed to leave no morsel behind as the cake was now completely finished. Small plate sat on the step below her and eyes went back to watching the light show that could be seen beyond the trees. The air had a small chill but she didn't bother to go find anything warm to put on.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could spot [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] wandering towards the cabins. Norah wasn't sure if she was inspecting the area or had been invited back by her adoring masses of Cadets. Hopefully a wild party wouldn't break out. She was a little tired from the woodland activities and didn't want to be kept up all night.

"Hi again."

"Hey," Siobhan said softly, a bit awkwardly. "Nice cake?" she asked a bit lamely. It seemed she was not about to chide Norah for having a fork and a plate outside of the dining hall.

"There's no pack of adoring kids following me, if you're worried about the noise." Educated guess that Norah wouldn't be keen on it. "Would you like to talk? If not, that's ok. I don't want to keep you from a good sleep."

"It was good."

Norah stretched her legs out slightly. She didn't know what to say. Maybe [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] was going to report her for having food outside the dining hall. The young redhead really didn't care, there were worse things to deal with. Outside was peace and quiet, at least there had been until she had been stumbled upon. It was only a matter of time until she as found anyways.

"Thats fine. What do you want to talk about?"

"I'm not about to report you for eating out of the dining hall, in case you were wondering, sweetie," Siobhan said with a shrug, then sat down next to the girl.

"Well, we can...talk about anything you want. I'd like to know how you've been doing. Surprised me a bit when I heard you were attending the Camp. In a good way," Presently Awkward City had two inhabitants.

"I wasn't"

Norah looked at Kerrigan. She wanted to know how she was doing. It took a great deal of effort not open her mouth and look at the woman stupidly. There was the question how to respond without losing it. Norah knew it would be difficult and wasn't sure if she could muster up the will power to answer in an intelligent way.

"I didn't know you checked the Camp roster for all the classes..." Quiet voice cut through the dark, partially distracted as she realized perhaps another camp would have fit the bill. Norah thought hiding in 'plain sight' would have worked.

"I've been terrible, how are you?"

Siobhan prided herself on being good with kids. Well, she thought so at least! Yet it seemed that she had chronic foot in mouth disease when talking to Norah. Still she was trying. After all, she had acquitted herself rather poorly during their first meeting.

"I'm...sorry to hear that. Things must've been hard for you. I...lost my family when I was young, too. Bit older than you," she said feelingly. "I've been ok. Couple battles, nothing big." After all, this was supposed to be about Norah. Yes, Siobhan was trying to be less self-centred for a change.

"If you're...mad at me, I understand that. Frankly, I'd prefer it you said so if that's the case. I'm not the type to beat around the bush." Maybe not the most intelligent thing to say, but things were way too awkward.

Norah couldn't see how a couple of battles related to the death of ones family. Arms came to cross across her chest, looking more than a little annoyed. It was hard to drag up sympathy for the woman, even though on some level Norah could certainly understand. However, it seemed Kerrigan quickly wanted to get off that subject. She moved onto the next, wanting her to admit her anger.

"I'm angry at you and it borders on hate."

Norah paused for a moment.

"Admitting it doesn't change anything."

Siobhan had expected anger, but she was taken aback when the girl said she pretty much hated her. Truth be told, she was tempted to throw up her hands and just go. After all, she owed the Castillon girl nothing. It wasn't her fault that Dells had died.

And if things weren't working out with Hutchinson, that wasn't her problem. The girl hadn't wanted to come with her. Sio's own childhood had been a lot harsher. Still, she staid. Perhaps against her better judgement. "I..see. Well, why do you feel that way?"

"You wouldn't understand."

Norah was only partly angry at Kerrigan for not trying harder to take her in. She wasn't the Butcher's responsibility and could accept that. Norah could accept drifting on her own. It seemed easier for everyone at this point. An eleven year old girl was in an intrusion in anyone's life who wasn't expecting it. There was no faulting someone for not wanting to raise a kid they didn't produce.

She was more angry that Kerrigan treated her mother so. Norah was sure it was somewhat mutual, but it seemed something to bother her as Norah grew older. Or maybe grew more aware.It was hard to say.

"Doesn't matter too much anyways."

While Siobhan had her positive qualities, her negative ones were quite pronounced. For one, she could not stand not being liked. In all likelihood, the fawning from her harem girls had gone to her head a lot. Moreover, she was rather impatient and easily frustrated when things did not go her way. This obviously got in the way of being empathic, as the present situation might have required.

So Siobhan sighed in evident frustration. Tone and expression showed she was getting a bit exasperated. "Then make me understand. Or I can go and leave you alone if me being here upsets you. Look, I'm sorry you're alone, I'm sorry your mum died. Dells and I used to be friends. A long time ago, but nonetheless."

"Make you understand? I'm not here to make you feel better, ease your conscience."

If one though Delila Castillon was stubborn they certainly hadn't met her daughter. Perhaps not as stubborn as her mother but when one added pre-teen hormones into the mix, it was like trying to pull a nerf across a river. Heels would only be dug in deeper at this point. Norah could feel the anger bubbling up. She didn't even want to finish Camp now, but Kerrigan would expect her to leave. She wasn't going to give the woman that type of satisfaction.

The girl stood up and made a move to go inside.

"I should get to bed before lights out. Goodnight."

My conscience is just fine, girl. Yes, things are hard for you. You had a mother who loved you. Mine didn't give a feth about me. And I'm not gonna apologise for giving your mum the boot when she deserved it. Go and be bitter. She squandered every opportunity in her life, Siobhan thought to herself. Her irritation was bubbling up. On an intellectual level she should have understood that things would be the exact opposite of sugar and roses with Norah, but Siobhan was not feeling that patient or empathic.

Well, she was inherently selfish. She held her tongue. Barely. "Fine. Good night, Norah," she grunted, then got up. She did not rush away in an angry stint, rather she walked away at a measured pace, heading to her cabin.

There wasn't a need to reply. She already said goodnight to [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and there wasn't the need for more pleasantries to be honest. No anger in her movements, Norah entered the cabin and closed the door, leaving the one with the screen open for some air flow. Other campers would be in soon enough anyways.

Lucky for her, there weren't many campers to begin with. The cabin could easily hold six girls but she was only rooming with one other, a Rodian girl. The other girl seemed nice enough and there hadn't been any squabbles about their room - a good thing. Changing into her pajamas, she slipped into bed with her datapad to catch up on school reading. The good thing about learning at the Voss Academy was the flexibility. Nearly all the kids were Jedi running off on assignments, giving a somewhat individual feel to her learning.

When Siobhan arrived back at her cabin, Harmony was there waiting for her. Needless to say she had the shiniest cabin in the camp. "Oh, there you are, Mistress. How did your...talk go?" For a change, Harmony was not being overly chipper.

"As could be expected. Norah's just as stubborn, annoying and bitter as her mother. Dells would be proud," Siobhan stated rather grumpily, shutting the door behind her. Harmony headed over to her and took her Lady's coat.

"To be fair, Mistress, she's only a kid who just lost her mother and has no family left. You can't expect her to be sugar and roses. Especially when talking to you," she said gently, perhaps proving that she could do more than see to Sio's needs.

"Yes, I know that." Siobhan's tone was harsher than intended and Harmony winced a bit. "Sorry, that was uncalled for. I'm not angry at you. None of her issues are my fault. I guess it's not worth it to tell her that her mother was a dislikeable shrew who squandered every opportunity in her life!"

"No, I don't think that would go well at all." Understatement of the year. Harmony hung up Sio's coat, the Countess took off her boots. "Like it or not, Dells is her mother. You see her as a shrew and that's true, but Norah knows a different Dells. She's angry and you're the best target to lash out at. I don't think pushing will change that. It'll should just make her defensive."

"And what would you suggest I do?"

"Stop pushing, stop seeking her out. She's not your kid. If she wants contact one day, ok, but that's another question. Neither of you have the distance to be objective." Personally Harmony had the impression that Siobhan simply could not stand not being liked, but she didn't voice that thought.

"When did you become so insightful?"

"I always was! You just didn't look." Now she was back to being cheeky Harmony.

"Clearly I have to change that. Thanks for the advice. I'll do that. For now...a certain pet needs a reward." Having said that she pulled Harmony into a heated kiss, which the maiden eagerly reciprocated. Yay, she wouldn't have to deal with Sio ranting! Hands roamed across the Dahomian's back, then Siobhan grabbed her butt and picked her up, carrying her to the bed. Fade to black scene ensued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom