Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling to Hoth

It started as a pin pricking his side, now it seemed like a vibro sword was prodding him to Hoth. Some of this odd feeling could be attributed to his recent injuries, after a duel with a padawan his legs had been eviscerated, the only thing holding them on seemed like a few twigs. After a larger battle, various pieces of shrapnel had been blown into his side. The medics (inexperienced in Neti health problems) had told him that taking the shrapnel out would most likely open a large wound or several small ones. Little did they both know that it was slowly poisoning him. Another strange prodding Oodar had was to visit the Sith Library before his trip.

''Greetings'' Oodar would greet one of the junior librarians ''Hello'' she would say, rather startled. ''I have felt the force calling me here, I would like to request a book to take out.'' ''We only allow students to look at the more sensitive books in the library'' she said, not recognizing his face. Thinking rather quickly Oodar responded ''Good thing I am a Knight'' adding a slight chuckle. ''What's your name?'' she asked typing on a datapad ''Konrad Von Grimmelshausen'' he said, trying to sound as convincingly as possible. The librarian did not look convinced, Oodar then tried to sway her using a force mind trick, trying to not make it obvious to the other people in the library. ''Knight Grimmelshausen, here you are'' It was seemed like mere coincidence that the library did not register race or photos on the profiles they had.

Suddenly, pain shot through Oodar's side. It seemed clear as day why he was going to Hoth, to get a new body. His one he had currently was old and slow. ''What would you like to take?'' she asked ''A book on the art of transfer your essence from one body to the next.''

''Is this what you are looking for?'' the librarian asked Oodar handing him a book from lower shelf. The two had moved to the back of the library in search of a book on the transfer of essence. Oodar flipped through the pages, it was all in galactic basic. ''Yes, yes this should do.'' he flipped to the front, the book was written by a man named Sheev. The book itself was in small print and somewhere between 100-200 pages. ''Return it at your leisure Knight Grimmelshausen.'' she said with a smile. Oodar slipped the book underneath his cloak and walked out the library. He had his way through the winding halls of the One Sith base to the docking area. He stepped in his ship and lifted off.

The distance between the One Sith base and Hoth was long, even in hyperspace Oodar would have to wait for many hours. He sat back in the pilot's seat and began to read the book. He didn't know where he would land or where to go, but he did know the force would lead him.

The trip through hyperspace took longer than normal due to Oodar's sub par hyperdrive. During this time he read and finished the book he had checked out, taking in it's vast storage of knowledge. He exited hyperspace above just outside of the gravitational field of Hoth. He steered the ship towards the planet and descended down to the surface. The pain in his side returned, it felt so strong he thought he might pass out. He managed to struggle through it. He closed his eyes an meditated for a moment, he felt the force call to him. For a few brief seconds he saw visions of mounting, this mountain had a hallway cut into the face of it leading into itself. Oodar opened his eyes and began to fly around the surface of Hoth.

After mindlessly searching the surface for about an hour, Oodar gave up. He turned his ship back towards the cosmos and began to leave. The stabbing pain returned, he couldn't leave, because if he did he would die. Oodar called upon the force, he felt compelled to take back off. He lifted the ship back up, his eyes closed. He concentrated on the force, letting it guide him. He traversed the large mountains and deep canyons, physically blind but more perceptive than ever. He drove the ship for an unknown amount of time until he felt the force almost speak to him, telling him to set the ship down.

Emerging from his ship, Oodar advanced towards a mountain. One such mountain that resembled the one he saw in his visions was among the string of them. He moved towards it, breathing in the sub-zero area. He had taken his large coat that had been custom fitted for him many, many years ago. Walking onward, towards the mountain, he felt the chilly breeze hit his face and crawl up underneath his coat and brush against his wound, irritating it. After a short walk he reached the face of the mountain, he sensed something large at work. Up close it was rather obvious that a secret passage had been drilled into the mountain. Far away it was indistinguishable, perhaps it would go unnoticed if one were to got fly by and not pay attention.

Concentrating on the 3 meter by 3 meter face of rock that Oodar thought was the entrance to whatever was inside. He used his limited ability of telekinesis to move the giant metal slab. He swung the giant door open to reveal a vast, metallic system of large hallways. He stepped inside. As he walked down the hallway he felt the stabbing pain in his side return. The clink clink clink of his boots against the floor was the only sound to be heard. For 5 minutes he walked, until he reached a large room with multiple bacta attached to the 4 walls. ''Hello zer''' a voice called from the darkness.

''Few have found their way here, even fewer have reaped the rewards. Answer three questions and you shall chose your new life'' a voice said, seeming to come from no where. ''Who are you?'' Oodar asked, looking around the room. ''That matters not, and remember I ask the questions.'' the voice spoke again. ''I fade away quickly, I need life quickly. Which one of these tanks holds the best'' ''Patience, several of these...experiments are crippled. Your new powers will only allow you to transfer once without a long recovery. Chose the wrong host and you will die.'' Oodar nodded, he would have to play this man's game.

''What do you seek?'' the man asked. Oodar pondered this question, what had been a constant theme in his life? What had be wished to find all his life? Had he one wish, what would he want? Knowledge, wisdom, and enlightenment. ''All my life I have wanted most, knowledge'' he said, confidently. ''Were I to hand you the secrets of the universe, would you take them instead of your new body?'' the voice asked. ''Of course not, I would rather live a fool than die a scholar.'' Oodar responded. ''Then you pursue life'' the voice called back. ''An enemy has been bested, he lies on his knees in front of you. He hands have been mangled to a point where they are no longer useful and his mind has been battered by your attacks, do you kill him?'' Oodar pondered this question. ''I...I...I don't know'' he replied ''I suppose not'' he said after a few moments of thinking. ''Why?'' the voice sharply replied. ''He's no longer a threat, there is no honor in killing an opponent who poses no threat.'' Oodar said, seeming to gather his intellectual ground. ''Honor is a trait, rare in a Sith'' the voice said. ''How do you know I'm a sith?!'' Oodar asked, somewhat worried at this man's knowledge of him. ''Premonitions from the force'' the man responded. ''Final question, why are you a Sith?'' the man asked, rather pointedly. ''The Jedi hide knowledge'' he said simply ''So do the Sith'' the voice called back. ''Out of all the mysteries in my existence I ponder why you have chosen to join them'' ''I seek knowledge, the Sith do not hide knowledge'' Oodar responded. ''We have already established you seek life, and the Sith seek to destroy it or reform it to their pleasure.'' Oodar stood speechless. ''A fine line to walk there is, one foot in the darkness to access it's power's the other foot tethered to the light, the morals your stick to...are yours. Bacta tank 7 holds a life form enhanced with force capabilities, use it. But, use it in a way that all life would profit from.'' Oodar walked over to the tank and started the ritual.

Oodar sat in front of the bacta tank marked '7'. He thought back to what he read and how this man, Sheev, made essence transfer seem so easy. He concentrated on his life force moving into this new body in front of him. Oodar opened his eyes, and for the first time really concentrated on the bacta tank. He couldn't see through it to the body, the liquid was very murky. He sensed something in there and resumed the transfer. After concentrating for some time, he felt as if the ritual was almost done. However, the stabbing pain in his side disrupted him making him start all over. He again concentrated on his life force moving from his body to the new, refreshed one in the bacta tank. He then seamlessly transitioned from his eyes closed and him conscious to a deep slumber. He had successfully transferred after an hour of meditation, but it would take many more hours for him to awaken.

Oodar woke up in his new body, it felt...strange. He struggled to breathe, but let the mask over his face work and provide him with oxygen. He looked down at his legs, they were much shorter than his mammoth legs he was used to. The waters of the bacta tank had cleared and he stared out into the room. His old body was gone from it's meditative state, either moved or transferred into another realm of reality. Instead of his body, a small man stood in front of him. He was rather short and seemed old. He wore a long, white, flowing cloak. Without speaking, he pressed a few buttons on the panel connected to the bacta tank, opening it. Oodar fell out of it as the liquid spilled all over the floor, ''I see it was a success'' the man said. ''Totally'' Oodar said back, his voice sounded...different. ''Who..what am I?'' he asked, staring at his new body. ''You are now a human, a force enhanced one at that.'' Oodar moved his fingers ''With your new body comes a new name, henceforth your name is....Jude 'Ahab' Khann'' the man firmly stated. ''What is yours?'' Jude asked. ''My what?'' the man responded. ''Name'' Jude said, standing up. ''Xaan, son of none.'' Xaan said, giving a slight bow. ''None?'' Jude asked confused ''An experiment in a laboratory for a being with increased intelligence.'' Xann said with a smile. ''Give me a mirror please'' Jude requested, Xaan handed him a datapad with a mirror function installed on it. Jude looked into it.

Jude stared at his new face, his hair was long and flowing and his beard was overgrown. ''Your body is one that I enhanced with better force abilities.'' Xaan said patting Jude on the back. ''What side of the force do you side with?'' Jude asked, rather abrubtly. ''I side with neither, as you said eariler 'The Jedi hide knowledge' and the Sith only seek to destroy or mutilate life in an image that pleases them.'' Xaan continued ''Most of the force inside of me is of the light side, the purest side. But the dark side has a place'' Jude pondered these things ''What do you mean by 'place'?'' he asked. ''Orbalisks, parasites that leech on you and feed off the dark side, I've had them before but lost them many years ago....only found on Dxun.'' Xaan said. ''What do they give you in return?'' Jude asked. ''Increased agility, force abilites, protection from lightsabers and even healing properties....a weapon the Jedi forfeit and the Sith show little interest in.'' Xaan said gripping his cane. ''My lightsaber...where is it?'' Jude asked. ''Destoyed in the transfer, you grasped it just before you transferred and your body was removed from this plain of existence...it went with your body.'' Xaan explained. ''And the book?'' Jude asked. Xaan motioned to a table on the far side of the room where it was resting, open. ''Do you still wish to stay with the Sith?'' Xann asked rather abrubtly.

''I don't know'' Jude said. Xaan wandered around the room, ''Would you let me apprentice you?'' he asked. ''I'm not sure, I have a master, his name is [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"]'' Jude replied. ''Yet he too could be apprenticed by me, learning to walk the line between the two sides of the force'' Xaan said, almost pleading with Jude. ''He'd never do it'' Jude said, ''He'd have to give up his rank in the One Sith army, as well as me...if I do decide to join you.'' Xaan turned around to face Jude ''There is no price too high for true peace and true enlightenment.''

Jude was outside the base, he was sending a text based message to [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"]. ''My mission was successful. I need you to see this, come at once to the coordinates I'm sending you. -Oodar'' Jude walked back inside to Xaan who was packing a bag ''Your friend will be a while, while he gets out of his his entanglements we must traverse hyperspace to Dxun. We will be back in time to meet him, do not fear us missing him, the force has told me we will be here in time.''

((Post as soon as you see this Konrad, just leaving an opening for an event that will happen, parrell to this, in another thread))

Konrad had just completed some paper work when his HoloLink beeped. He had recieved a text message from one of his apprentices, [member="Oodar Zelko"] which read 'My mission was successful. I need you to see this, come at once to the coordinates I'm sending you. - Oodar.' He had not remembered giving the Neti a mission so was curious as to what the Acolyte was up to. The Major General did not enjoy being told what to do but Zelko was his responsiblity.

Within 15 minutes his personal transport, an Immortal-class Star Dreadnaughthttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/41883-the-immortals/ was prepared and set out to the co-ordinates his apprentice had texted him.

The massive dreadnaught loomed over the surface of the planet, Jude stared up at it. He had sent another message just moments earlier to [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"] requesting him to come down. He saw a small black dot emerge from the ship, no doubt his transport. ''I fear I have made a grave mistake'' Jude said, fearing his master's reaction. ''When the force is on your side, no weapon shall form before you, no enemy may prevail against you.'' Xaan said, his arms crossed. Never-the-less, Jude feared his master's reaction when he would ask him to join him in 'walking the line' therefore abandoning the One Sith. The transport drew closer and Jude's stomach seemed to flip. ''What if he attacks us?'' Jude asked. ''Then we shall have to fight him, I suppose'' Xaan replied, rather simply.

Konrad descended his from ship with a small unit of 20 soldiers. There was something suspicious about this meeting and he intended to find out what. It has been a while since he had been contacted through a series of text messages. Konrad and the unit departed from his ship as he received a message form [member="Oodar Zelko"] requesting that he come down. He did not know for what resin he had come here except on the request of his apprentice but as a man with many enemies, he was ready should this be an ambush.

The Major General exited from his ship with the unit that he had brought with him and was greeted by two unfamiliar figures. "Where is Oodar Zelko?" He demanded as he glared at both men. Konrad hoped the apprentice did not get kidnapped as he did not negotiate with those opportunistic scum even if he was ordered to which would most definitely result in him conducting a rescue mission.

''And hello to you to, Major General...Konrad I believe?'' Xaan flashed a warm smile. ''We've been expecting you, care join us inside for dinner? It is getting rather late in the day, I've prepared Krayt Dragon steak.'' Jude shifted his stance nervously. Jude eyed the troops behind Konrad. ''However, since Krayt is so rare on a place like Hoth, I only had enough to prepare three steaks.'' Xaan motioned for [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"] to come inside.

"Just Major General. I will ask once more, where is Major Oodar Zelko?" Konrad was suspicious of the man despite the fact that he posed no immediate harm to him yet. There was something about him that Konrad did not trust. "I have no intention of coming inside your abode or joining you two for dinner."

Konrad did not move and continued to glare at the two men. He was careful which was not unusual for a man of his position and had no intention of staying longer than he needed to.

[member="Jude Khann"]

''All your questions will be answered major general'' Xaan began, crossing his arms. ''Just follow us inside'' he said firmly. Xaan looked back at Jude who was standing rather confidently. ''Don't make this harder than it needs to be'' Jude said, staring Konrad in his eyes. ''Konrad''

[member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"]

"I am not one to carelessly enter an unknown location. Since time is precious and you two are so insistent, I will enter once a few of my men have investigated the location." Konrad did not like to compromise but he was getting annoyed. "And it is Major General to you. I do not know you nor do I share an intimate relationship with you, so address me properly," he corrected the older man. There was something strange about the older man; the Force around him seemed oddly familiar almost as if they have met before.

[member="Jude Khann"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom