Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all fleeters

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
You can add a offensive and flak or defense weapon rating just so long as you have an overall armamentt rating that covers everthing in one rating. Same with defense you can break it down into arcs or types of defense just so long as you have the one main rating

sabrina

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] I know, but I meant actually making at stat so I did not have to do guess work on my own ships

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Well armament rating is basically guesswork anyway, as the rules are deliberately very light on the matter. The Darr Itah sports a 20 for 'Flak' but thats because it sports an incredible array of AA armaments and the most capable point defense combat system on the board. Similarly it has light armor-you know what imma do a blog post on arament and defensive ratings.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="sabrina"]

if you like anytime you want to fleet just talk with your opponents and if you both agree you can use such a system. I personally wish we had a systems for ships like we do for the pod racers. Something that breaks it down were you can distribute a value over the fields.

ADM. Reshmar

sabrina said:
Reshmar same here to be honest, and I really liked Valiens Nantaris map mapValiens Nantaris
Maps are cool but some people want the fluidity of not having a hex map. But anything can be done if you and your opponent agree.

I come from a tabletop rollplaying back ground so Im down for math and measurement but alot are not. Sometimes it can get in the way of the story but it can be fun.

I think just a simple rating system

Something like this
Armor Rating:
Shielding Rating:
Offensive Weapons Rating:
Defensive Weapons Rating:
Countermeasures Rating:
Assault Capacity:
Hanger Capacity
Special Systems:

Sublight Speed Rating:
Acceleration Rating:
Maneuverability Rating:
Hyperdrive Rating:

Where a ship can use a assigned value based on class to spread across the fields. Nothing else just this and I think gauging the power of a ship compared to others would work wonderfully.

but that's too difficult for some and also limits some fluidity you can get without such a system.

oh a thought accured to me that it could be expanded more for various types of armaments

Defensive Weapons Rating:
Standard Range Weapons Rating:
Long Range Weapons Rating:
Warhead Launcher Ratting:

just ideas lol In the end if you and your writing partner agree to something its all good. Factory is optional and if your both good and it doesn't get reported your golden. the main thing is to have fun

Titan

sabrina said:
I do have a fleet with one my characters, but I only a bit experiance as [member="Valiens Nantaris"] was my only true opponent so far.
[member="sabrina"] could you provide a link?

13939515_916785361800072_4365366195465500025_n.jpg

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

This is a taste of what could be, I wanted to show off the actual units and stuff, but I cant get a good image with units included. The lines are nation borders, the dots are planets, and the game has free form movement. For fleet engagements though, I would be doing a hex based "map" where free form movement was still done, but different fleet contingents and stuff are present in individual hexes. The game allows for carriers to carry fighters, and I could scale the attack rating of fighters to be one squadron per unit so that it would appropriately match up to full size carriers. I could even include hero fighters that are stronger than average, etc. Everything needed for some sweet fleet based combat is present here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom