Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Call your bluff

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

BARUK'S BAR | NAR SHADDAA
TAG: Aelor Kyr Aelor Kyr
GEAR: In bio

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

"I hate this place."

The Lady of Bone had a disgusted look on her timeless face.
"Then why are we here, Mistress?" asked Samron as his great Falleen form towered over most humanoids in the street.
Danika tsked at her friend and General. "I need his information. You know that, darling. If I didn't, we wouldn't be here and that Rodian spawn of Baruk would be minus a head." she told him.
"If he crosses the line tonight, he still might." the Falleen grumbled. He was always on edge on Nar Shaddaa. It has been a very long time since his mercenary days and those weren't always good days on places like this.
"Try and keep your blade sheathed, darling. Just look intimidating." She patted his shoulder. "Oh and tell your men to stay outside and surround the building. I want them jumping quickly if the damn Rodian thinks he can outsmart me."
He nodded and relayed her order to the Platoon that accompanied them.

Danika wrinkled her nose once more in disgust before stepping forward and into the the bar with Samron right behind her.

As she entered, the Herald of Death felt an itch beneath her skin. The Force was speaking to her from someone else in the room. Her otherworldly teal eyes swept across the room until they finally fell on a blindfolded man at a card table.
"What can we do for the Lady of Conquest?" asked the Bothan behind the bar, breaking through Danika's concentration. She turned her otherworldly gaze on him briefly.
"I'm here to speak to your boss. Please send for him, darling." she told him before looking back at the Force Sensitive. "Keep an eye on blindfold over there, darling." she told Samron softly as the Bothan scurried off to the back.

She sat down at a table and it didn't take long for the kingpin Baruk-spawn to appear and sit down across from her.
"Lady Death, I have your information." said the Rodian.
"Spit it out, amphibian. I don't have all night." she said calmly, studying her nails.
"Dromund Kaas is seeing Sith occupation once more as we speak. And Cato Neimodia has recently been raided by the Empire. There has also been a resurgence of the Knights of Ren - it seems they are drawing breath on Malachor. All these have the treasures and knowledge that you seek, my Lady." he told her. Then he held out his hand.
Danika's eyes narrowed slightly, but she still placed a runestone in his hand. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have other business in here." she told him.

In a fluent movement, she got to her feet and glided over to the card table, Samron hovering close to her, keeping patrons at a wide berth from them. Danika watched in silence as the game continued on the table. She waited for him to flush his opponents once more before she glided closer to the blind stranger.

"Is this the best you can use your gift for?" she asked for his ears only.

dantemp.png

It was a quiet night at the bar, not too many players this day. Whether it was Pazzak or Sabacc, it was as if the clientele were a little more wise to his winning ways, wondering why he outdrew them; he would also say that Lady Luck just loved him more.

Except, when one can use the Force the way he could, just as when he was a boy, knowing the draw of a single card made the difference between food on one’s plate or a hungry few days; he knew the latter all too well. Thankfully, being more highly trained as a Force user by the Master that found him, missing a day’s rations wasn’t as bad.

It was as if he heard the hiss of a snake when the woman’s voice echoed in his mind. He turned his head, laying down his winning hand and raking in another few hundred credits, looking at the woman whose very presence seemed to shrink the bravest in the room. Even the bounty hunter that had his hand on his blaster to take his money back recoiled and slithered away at the sight of her.

“You have a frightful aura,” he says, very nonchalantly as the table clears. He gestures to offer her a seat, as he keeps an eye on her.

The woman’s colour was green, a sickly one, but it radiated great power and knowledge. Her features were defined with great accuracy as well. Sure, Aelor could figure out a person’s general appearance, such as the false Mandalorian that slunk away, but she had a defined silhouette in the Force, down to every pore. If it wasn’t for his bravado in the face of the other gamblers, he would be trembling at the sight of her.

“I call it a prize of Lady Luck’s love of me, my dear,” he says, reflecting his age upon the barely-younger woman, his sight within the Force only penetrating so far. “Gifts are often taken away, as I’m sure you know.”

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

“You have a frightful aura,”

The Herald watched with a sinister smile as the table cleared. Baruk's patrons both knew and feared her and with good reason. A lot of them had either tried to attack her and Samron many years prior or they have seen her and her men in action on the battlefield.

When they had all scampered off, she looked back at the arrogant stranger.
"You have strength in the Force if you can pick that up so easily, darling." she told him as she draped herself onto a chair. She had gathered enough information from him now by only observing with both her physical and spiritual Sight. She knew what he was, reminding her of a very powerful Miraluka that once roamed the Galaxy and who took everything he wanted. "You can be so much more than common scum, wasting away in a hovel like this."
Samron stood like a sentinel behind her, his piercing gaze kept roving over the bar. She knew he wouldn't rest easy in a greasespot like this, so she left him to his machinations of protection.

“I call it a prize of Lady Luck’s love of me, my dear. Gifts are often taken away, as I’m sure you know.”
Danika lifted a brow.
"Only if you don't know what you are doing." she said simply. She allowed him to keep thinking he was older than she was. His ego would come down sooner or later. "You can be equally revered and feared as I am, darling. I can give you that knowledge. The means." she continued.

She then rose to her feet.
"Or you can stay here, waste away, scramble like the rest of the filth. Shrink away from people like me. You're clearly a gambler. Take the gamble." She watched him, allowing her words to sink in.

He would either be very smart or very stupid to let the opportunity pass.

Probably stupid if she read him right.

dantemp.png

Oh my, she called him darling; Aelor smirked and laughed to himself. "Uh huh," was his reply to her, his own gaze shifting to her shadow, the creature stalking her every move. "Will I get one of those?" he says jokingly, pointing to her... companion.

Her offer was tantalizing. His power in and over the Force was nothing compared to hers. He could feel that she could kill him in multiple different ways, just by using the Force alone, and his insides were already churned up from a combination of her stark beauty and her strength in the Force.

Truly, those of the Dark Side knew how to project themselves.

However, the echoes of his Master's words still held him accountable; however, he knew she died, violently, and his heart could not let that go. He wanted a modicum of vengeance, to slaughter those responsible. Bounty hunter or whatever, he wanted to watch them bleed.

He takes a coin marked accordingly, balanced with no weight, out of one of his pockets and hands it to her so she can inspect it. "You want to let me gamble?" he says. "We'll gamble. Heads, I follow your path; tails, I return to my squalor. You can flip it, or you can force me."

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

"Will I get one of those?"

He pointed toward Samron. The furrows in the Falleen's brow deepened and for the first time, Danika bristled. Before Samron could decide to take the man's head from his shoulders, she lifted a hand to stop him as she kept her teal gaze on the Miraluka.
"No." The one word was filled with the power and innumerable voices of the dead and just as cold as the grave as all noise in the bar disappeared as if a switch had been flipped. "If you do join us, he will be your superior. He and his men will be treated with the due respect. They have proven themselves for decades. You have not." The frigid air surrounding them died down and the warmth and noises of the bar returned. "The men, however, would provide you with all the military support you need should you earn it." she added much more pleasantly as if the Nether hadn't just appeared briefly around them.

Eventually, he took a coin from his pocket and handed it to her.
"We'll gamble. Heads, I follow your path; tails, I return to my squalor. You can flip it, or you can force me."
The Lady of Bone's brow lifted once more. He sure had big balls.
"I don't force people, darling. They either make the smart choice or they die." she said, then took the coin. "You are lucky I'm not feeling particularly murderous today." She gave a cynical chuckle. "It seems your Lady Luck keeps smiling on you."

Then she flipped the coin.

She could have manipulated it to fall the way she wanted. But her curiosity for the obscure got the better of her. Her otherworldly eyes followed it through the air until it thudded onto the table. A smirk spread on her face. It seemed she didn't have to manipulate it.

"See for yourself. You know I haven't touched it."

dantemp.png

"Your smile is akin to Lady Luck, madam," Aelor says, glancing at her inferior with a smirk, "for you get as you wish."

He bows in full, his vibroblade tapping a nearby chair as his face points to the floor, his neck square with his shoulders as he bends 90 degrees.

"Aelor Kyr enters your service," he begins, as if under oath. "I shall wish to learn your ways of the Force, m'lady, if that is your wish, and I shall earn my keep as you bid me."

In his words, there was some fear, and he knew it well; he had been a free man up to this point, and, in his mind, the Dark Side was its own source and had its own sense of servitude. Whether or not the woman would put him through his paces to doing so, he knew nothing of it, but they had a similar trait of leaving things to the obscure. He curses his vision, but, as if to let the chips fall where they may, so to speak, his sense in the Force was willingly shut off, therefore he could not read the coin, or anything, in any way other than sound.

She could have cut him down.

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

Lady Luck.

Danika had been compared to many things and she was known by many names, but the patron of thieves and gamblers wasn't one of them. She did, however, appreciate the irony in it.

When he bowed and swore his service, however, she could sense the modicum of fear within him. She had forgotten how daunting the Dark Side could be. It felt like eons ago that a similar Dark Master had stood over her with the same offer. The only difference was that she was a child at the time. He was not.
"Don't get boring now, darling." she said before turning around. "Follow. I've had enough of this dump. I have business elsewhere in the Galaxy." Banking on his ability to discern her Presence among others, she moved. As she glided toward the door, the patrons parted like a sea before her.

As they exited, Danika spoke again as Samron fell into step next to her. She supposed she owed him an introduction in turn.
"I'm known by many names, Aelor, but to those within my circle, I am Danika Leventis." she said as they moved down the street. "And this is Samron Gerron, General to my entire military." she added, laying a hand on the Falleen's shoulder. Out of the shadows, the dread-helms of her Company appeared to flank them once more.

After a little while, she stopped suddenly and looked at the Miraluka.
"Is that vibroblade the only weapon you carry, darling?" she asked him. It was better than nothing, at least. That would have been inconvenient. It still was, slightly. Lightsabers weren't easy to get hold of. But that was a hurdle that they could cross within time, provided he knew what he was doing with his current blade.

As they started moving once more, the Herald looked at Samron.
"Darling, please let the ship know we're on our way." she told him.
"Another race then, Mistress?" he asked her.
Danika glanced at Aelor. "Depends." she told Samron. "Kyr, do you get motion sickness by any chance?" she asked him almost excitedly.

If he didn't, it would make her life that much easier with travel.

dantemp.png

The only difference was that she was a child at the time. He was not.
"Don't get boring now, darling." she said before turning around. "Follow. I've had enough of this dump. I have business elsewhere in the Galaxy."
"Uh huh," he replies to being called darling. Regardless of her age, his age did little to sway him in the ways of women; his time to be a young buck rutting in a myriad of wildernesses had long since past, but he was not completely dedicated to grazing in a field yet. He still pined for a day that a woman would find him, love him, and life would go on from there.

But such things were not often on destiny's score card.

As she glided toward the door, the patrons parted like a sea before her.
As she moved with the grace and power allowed to her by her sheer will, Aelor did not attempt to replicate it. He simply kept pace, slipping past the people as the figurative doors closed around him, and he was able to keep up with her with relative ease. Her shadow, for lack of a better word, had little issue with his mistress' smoothness of motion whatsoever.
"I'm known by many names, Aelor, but to those within my circle, I am Danika Leventis." she said as they moved down the street. "And this is Samron Gerron, General to my entire military." she added, laying a hand on the Falleen's shoulder.
"Well met, Mistress Danika," he says, his hand raised to his breast with a shallow bow, given they were in motion, "and to you, Samron, sir; forgive my disrespect earlier; all was meant in jest. May your glory in battle continue to amplify your status. I hope we work well together, whatever may come."

"Yes," he says, drawing it halfway from its sheath. "It is older, but it holds true. I've used it enough to practise my dueling skills against a lightsaber, and time proves to be more friend than enemy; I am thankful for it."
As they started moving once more, the Herald looked at Samron.
"Darling, please let the ship know we're on our way." she told him.
"Another race then, Mistress?" he asked her.
Danika glanced at Aelor. "Depends." she told Samron. "Kyr, do you get motion sickness by any chance?" she asked him almost excitedly.
Aelor blinks, if he could, confused by the question. "Thankfully," he says with a laugh, "Force Sight does not often affect my equilibrium. Are you saying that we are going for a spin?" The excitement in her voice, given the regality she carried herself with, was almost cute.

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

"Thankfully, Force Sight does not often affect my equilibrium. Are you saying that we are going for a spin?"

A triumphant smirk appeared on her face as she turned back to Samron.
"Yes, another race, darling." she said before turning back to Aelor. "It's always jarring for first timers to travel through time. I just didn't want you to lose your dinner on my bridge."

Her men knew what was going to happen, so they all took a step back while Samron scowled.
"Oh don't pout, Samron. It's unbecoming of you." she said as she lifted her hand and made a circular motion as if wiping a window.
"You know my thoughts on the matter, Mistress." he grumbled before waving for his men to move toward the hangar as she smiled at him. There was two things he really hated and that was traveling through time and her ability to raise the dead. Even after all their years in one another's company.

The air around her and Aelor rippled before a wound appeared like a window.

Looking at him, she smiled.
"A little trick taught to me by the witches of Dathomir." she explained. "It comes in handy. Come on."
Then she stepped through the window and through time. Her boots stepped onto the bridge of her Star Destroyer, the Fortuna.

"My Lady." Captain Gael Stark bowed slightly from where he stood in front of the viewport.
"The shuttle is on its way. Fire up this lady in the meantime, Captain. And plot a course for Dromund Kaas." she said before turning to face Aelor. "Welcome to the Fortuna. Now, you said you can use that blade." she said, motioning to his vibroblade. "If we're lucky, we can pick you up a lightsaber as well where we're going. But see, the Sith are not very fond of me, so we might have a fight on our hands."

She moved to the viewport as the Captain moved to the command deck. "I suppose I should apologise for throwing you into the deep end, darling." she told him. "But there is information on that planet that I want. And I'd prefer it if the Sith don't get their hands on it again. Provided the Ashlan zealots didn't screw both me and the Sith over during their tenure on the planet." She turned to face him again. "You've survived the Galaxy this long, so I assume you are capable."

She looked at Stark.
"Captain, get us underway once Samron and the men return." she told him.
"Yes, my Lady."
Then she motioned for Aelor, not caring that he probably couldn't see the movement. "Come."
She led him down the hallway to a large training area that she and her men used occasionally on long voyages. Weapons lined the walls, but she carried her own weapons on her person. Taking her place on one end of the room, she unclipped and ignited her amethyst saber.

"Show me what you can do with that blade you so proudly carry."

dantemp.png

The air around her and Aelor rippled before a wound appeared like a window.

Looking at him, she smiled.
"A little trick taught to me by the witches of Dathomir." she explained. "It comes in handy. Come on."
Then she stepped through the window and through time.
The rip in reality did something else as it appeared: his Sight screamed at him and it gave him the most resoundingly painful headache. Aelor gripped his head as he walked through the Dark Side Magic gateway, appearing on the bridge of her ship, the Fortuna; it was ironic that all their talk of luck and her ship is literally named after one's fortune.

"But there is information on that planet that I want. And I'd prefer it if the Sith don't get their hands on it again. Provided the Ashlan zealots didn't screw both me and the Sith over during their tenure on the planet." She turned to face him again. "You've survived the Galaxy this long, so I assume you are capable."
Ashlan zealots? He knew nothing of them, but anything that would have affected a Dark Sider's standing and reputation could have been what hunted he and his Master; she could probably read his emotions: anger, concern; all in the span of deep thought and paying attention to her. Aelor rests his hand on the hilt of his vibroblade, tapping the subtle pommel with his index finger.

Then she motioned for Aelor, not caring that he probably couldn't see the movement. "Come."
She led him down the hallway to a large training area that she and her men used occasionally on long voyages. Weapons lined the walls, but she carried her own weapons on her person. Taking her place on one end of the room, she unclipped and ignited her amethyst saber.

"Show me what you can do with that blade you so proudly carry."
His reverie broke as she ordered him to follow, the Ashlan zealots escaping his focus for the time being. As they walked and entered the training area, he could feel her excitement again, the sound of her sickly purple lightsaber igniting as she prepared for combat. Almost as a reflex, the vibroblade leapt from its sheath as Aelor locked into a squared stance, facing her.

Aelor saw the lightsaber's blade, he felt the crystal's numbness to her use of it, as if the act of bleeding it, as he had heard about in the past, left it holding its colour with absolute disregard for its own existence. "A dirty piece of work, it is," he says, his muscles re-strengthening to holding the vibroblade's heft once again, as if getting back on a swoop bike after a long time of not having ridden it, "bleeding one's crystal. I have heard nightmarish stories about it, especially when turning natural kyber to one's will. Yours doesn't feel like it has any emotion left; is it true kyber or synthetic?"

Leading with his back leg, he moves predictably to start, allowing a myriad of different counters to react to if she so chose; it allowed for a myriad of reactions for Aelor as well, as he brings his blade down in a quick and simple vertical cut.

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

"A dirty piece of work, it is, bleeding one's crystal. I have heard nightmarish stories about it, especially when turning natural kyber to one's will. Yours doesn't feel like it has any emotion left; is it true kyber or synthetic?"

A smirk spread on the Lady of Bone's face.
"This blade is neither bled nor synthetic. It belonged to the Lady of Night, my Master, before she died. It now serves Death. That is what you are sensing. It has seen much carnage and death. It's true Kyber sourced from a cave on Dathomir." she explained as she watched his movements.

She parried his vertical cut with ease. Then stepped around him with Force-induced speed.
"This one, however," she said as she ignited her crimson blade as well. "Has been truly bled on a Jedi Master in one of the many battles on Ziost decades ago." The two blades hummed ominously as she jumped forward, first striking vertically upward before the crimson followed with a horizontal strike at his chest. She was, however, moving slower, to see how well he would recover against two blades.

That and her knee had never been the same after Tython.

No point in exerting it now if she had to fight on Dromund Kaas. A day would come that Simon Meinrad Simon Meinrad paid for putting her back like that. Death would be too kind for him.

So she moved deliberately, circling Aelor, trying to gauge how well he could keep track of his opponent. So far it seemed that he knew how to move at least. So she struck again, the blades coming quicker this time, one baiting in a horizontal strike at his mid section while the true strike came for his neck.

Jumping back, she retracted the crimson blade back into it's hilt.
"How well is your Force Usage on the attack and on the defensive?" she asked him. "You've had training, I can tell. But how much?" That would tell her what lay ahead in training him. "Show me."

With that, she jumped forward in another attack with the one lightsaber.

dantemp.png

The two blades hummed ominously as she jumped forward, first striking vertically upward before the crimson followed with a horizontal strike at his chest. She was, however, moving slower, to see how well he would recover against two blades.
Her Force Speed was admirable, but Aelor followed her with a spin, using a shock of Force Push to deflect her red saber before parrying her amethyst blade with his cortosis sword. It was a basic attack, and he could feel her going easy on him with her first attack, which made keeping up with her very simple.

But he knew better of someone with such depth of power.

So she moved deliberately, circling Aelor, trying to gauge how well he could keep track of his opponent. So far it seemed that he knew how to move at least. So she struck again, the blades coming quicker this time, one baiting in a horizontal strike at his mid section while the true strike came for his neck.
A much more deliberate attack, and it felt better to see and feel through the Force. He did block the attack directly at his head, kicking the slower attack away by hitting her hand; it wouldn't be strong enough to knock the blade loose from her grasp, but it halted her distraction.

There was an ability he was able to hone over time, something he trained and that sapped much of his stamina within the Force, using it very infrequently, especially with the real-world sensation of a weighted blade in his hands. He could see echoes in the Force with his Sight, enough that he could usually move to block, deflect or even beat an attack...

Jumping back, she retracted the crimson blade back into it's hilt.
"How well is your Force Usage on the attack and on the defensive?" she asked him. "You've had training, I can tell. But how much?" That would tell her what lay ahead in training him. "Show me."

With that, she jumped forward in another attack with the one lightsaber.
It was in this moment that he used that ability. As Danika leapt at him, Aelor's hand came up and caught her wrist, the hum of his physical blade touching the flesh of Danika's throat, angled just right to cut the jugular vein; she would and could easily be deposed, but Aelor knew that, if he did, the echo in the Force would be deafening, plus he had no desire to kill her.

"I know," he says, almost with a sinister tone, "we aren't done." Aelor pushes her back to allow her to reset, a bead of sweat rolling down his face.

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

He had some skill at least.

One that would be a benefit to her. She recognised what he did the moment he grabbed her wrist that held the saber and brought his own blade toward her jugular, to prove a point.

Had this been a true fight, had she gone for the kill, he wouldn't have been alive to have executed his strike in the first place. But the Herald had no desire to depose of an asset. She smirked at him, her otherworldly gaze regarding him with triumph. He may not be able to raise the dead, yet, but he had the potential to rival Darth Caelitus' reign if he put his mind to it.
"I know, we aren't done."

Danika gave a sinister laugh. She had seen the beads of sweat on his brow. He had a long road of endurance building to walk. She would leave that for Samron to sort out once they returned to Vestar. The Falleen was big, but he was the pinnacle of an endurance warrior.
"You're right, we aren't." she said. "The ability is good, but your technique is sloppy. Many believe meditation to be isolated to the Jedi. That it's considered weak. But there's much merit to it." She stepped back. "You are to hone this ability to perfection. There are many more abilities I can teach you, but Force Echo is a good basis to start with."

She settled back into a combat stance. "Now, let's see how well you defend against the Force." As she spoke, she flung a simple Force Push with her free hand to gauge his reflex. He relied on Force Sight, it shouldn't be hard, but it all depended on speed.

She remained where she was, however, opting to see his reflex first and not follow up like she would have in another engagement. That would follow, depending. His movements so far had been good. Acceptable. Able to stay alive if push came to shove. But one shouldn't just survive. One should overcome. It was drilled into her by her Master many many years ago and she would do the same to him now. He was old enough and strong enough to take it.

If he failed, well, her jailors were always looking for souls, unfortunate as it would be to depose of such an angular face.

dantemp.png

"You're right, we aren't." she said. "The ability is good, but your technique is sloppy. Many believe meditation to be isolated to the Jedi. That it's considered weak. But there's much merit to it." She stepped back. "You are to hone this ability to perfection. There are many more abilities I can teach you, but Force Echo is a good basis to start with."
"It is not an echo," he says, catching his breath after shrugging off the strain. "It is akin to Premonition, but momentary: reading your actions through the Force as you set your mind to it. It is something I have not needed to use for more than a decade, so I am out of practice. I have not had to do much in terms of fighting, for a long time."

"Now, let's see how well you defend against the Force." As she spoke, she flung a simple Force Push with her free hand to gauge his reflex.
Aelor did see the bolt through the Force as expected of his species' natural ability with the Force, and he let it hit him, only flinching slightly; he knew that she saw what it did: her Push bounced aimlessly off of his shoulder, exactly where it made contact, only to dissipate in multiple directions. He rolled his shoulder, as if to recover from the moderate impact.

"My Master never dismissed meditation either," he says, as if in reply. "Meditation under duress was one of her many lessons, and waterfalls were her favourite places to steel the mind as one would need to steel the body in order to face the pressure and weight of the water beating down. I could... close my eyes and see better than ever. Then I learned how to meditate even in the most dire of situations; the blood I spilled in defense of her and my own safety could make a Sith'ari blush."

With no gesture, no movement, no echo, a Force Push fired forth with the center of his chest back at her.

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

Not bad.

Danika nodded in approval when his defence held. But she knew very well that a powerful adversary would not use something rudimentary as a push. It was time to see how long it lasts. She was no untrained maiden in the ways of the Force.

He spoke of his time before. Of blood spilt. A sinister laugh escaped her lips. When the Push was flung towards her, she deflected it easily with a brief Force shield in passing.
"You think you've spilt blood, do you?" The empyrean ball she threw at him then, was the sick green of Dathomir magic. As it left her hand, that same hand followed up with a blinding light. As it exploded from her palm, she jumped forward, the amethyst blade angling to have it seem that she open him from hip to opposite shoulder. Then she stepped around him again with speed. But she did not add another attack. Instead she stepped back.
"I am fairly certain those you have offed did not share mine or even others' of my caliber's prowess." she said. "Arrogance would get you killed faster than you can blink with your Sight. Temper it. There are powerful beings out there that you can only hope to rival one day."

She walked past him, disengaging her saber and clipping it back on her belt.
"I act as the conduit for the dead to the Nether. Some souls linger, speaking to me. None of them ever mentioned you. The day you rival the souls I, or some others, have offered to the Lords beyond the Veil, then you can make the claim. Until then, hone the skills you have. They are very useful and you have nigh on mastered them. Continue to do so." She headed toward the door.

As it opened, she turned to face him.
"I won't wear you out much more today. I'll have one of the men show you where you can rest. We still have a long way to our destination." she told him. "Or you can join me on the bridge. Pretend to look out of the viewport." she added with a smirk.

dantemp.png

"You think you've spilt blood, do you?" The empyrean ball she threw at him then, was the sick green of Dathomir magic. As it left her hand, that same hand followed up with a blinding light.
Aelor feigned covering his eyes, as if the light did affect him, but the Dark Side magic did cast a great light upon multiple planes, including that of the living Force. However, light for light, he felt the ripple of her lightsaber through the light. He went to parry her, but it was a feint!

He was able to match her speed for the split-second required to meet her as she would make her attack, a bare hand ready to repulse her blade with the Force, but she merely stood there, their gaze meeting, figuratively, eye to eye.
"Arrogance would get you killed faster than you can blink with your Sight. Temper it. There are powerful beings out there that you can only hope to rival one day."

She walked past him, disengaging her saber and clipping it back on her belt.
"I act as the conduit for the dead to the Nether. Some souls linger, speaking to me. None of them ever mentioned you. The day you rival the souls I, or some others, have offered to the Lords beyond the Veil, then you can make the claim. Until then, hone the skills you have. They are very useful and you have nigh on mastered them. Continue to do so." She headed toward the door.
"Yet those of weaker wills still have no voice," Aelor says, watching her, "no different than to when we subvert their will to convince them to, say, pick the wrong card."

He watches her as she departs, and he follows, taking a rag from a pocket in his outfit and wiping the sweat away. "Considering I wouldn't require the viewport to look out to the stars," he retorts sarcastically, "it will be nice to look out to the stars, see the streaks of the living Force across the galaxy."

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

"Yet those of weaker wills still have no voice," Aelor says, watching her, "no different than to when we subvert their will to convince them to, say, pick the wrong card."

The Herald hesitated in the door, looking at him over her shoulder. He was a sharp one, for sure.
"No, weaker wills have never held any voice to me." she merely said before sweeping from the room. She knew he followed.

"Considering I wouldn't require the viewport to look out to the stars," he retorts sarcastically, "it will be nice to look out to the stars, see the streaks of the living Force across the galaxy."
A smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. She enjoyed his cynicism. It was refreshing. He had an interesting way of seeing things. Much more observant in his blindness than most are that actually have physical sight.
"Then come, enjoy them with me." she said as they moved to the bridge.

As she stood in front of the viewport, she let silence hang for a little while before speaking again.
"Tell me, Aelor, aside from altering card games for pleasure, what do you want from life? Where do you see yourself in the Galaxy?" she asked him casually. Gauge ambition and philosophy. She'd tested his physical prowess. Time to see where his mind goes without actually probing him for it. She believed in reading people's knee-jerk reactions to something. It tells you much more about a person. Her question was vague on purpose. How he would mold it, would be the altering factor.

She knew he wasn't stupid, at least.

dantemp.png

Aelor made his way with Danika to the bridge, and he did exactly as he described. Even as they streaked through hyperspace, the colours were vivid: shades of blue, red, green, purple, white, dark grey and almost black: they crossed space with such varying frequencies that Aelor could barely keep track of where the emptiness of space actually was.

As she stood in front of the viewport, she let silence hang for a little while before speaking again.
"Tell me, Aelor, aside from altering card games for pleasure, what do you want from life? Where do you see yourself in the Galaxy?"

"What I want from life is to understand it," he says, his gaze breaking to look at her emerald green. Again, he couldn't understand why her every feature stood out compared to her bridge crew; she is beautiful...

"I see myself as a part of the galaxy," he continues, taking his mind off of the woman in front of him, pondering her questions. "If it is my right to rule it, then I shall do so. If I am meant to die, I will die while dragging my every enemy into the depths of death and destruction with me. I want to live my life, knowing that I have the power to make sure I do make a difference, as good or as bad as that may be."

Aelor looks back out into the stars, into the kaleidoscopic void in front of him. "I desire the power to make it so many of these colours disappear, and that it means more colour can stand out where it is meant to be."

dantemplate.png

bluff.png

dandivider.png

banner3.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

She listened to him intently as he spoke.

Once again, his response didn't disappoint. It was all-encompassing and yet said something of weight. It just laid more weight on his allure that had drawn her attention in the armpit of the Galaxy.

She studied him for a while in silence, pondering his words and weighing her response.
"You can have that power." she finally said. "You might hate me at times on the road to attain it. It would not be easy and there will be many that would try to stand in your way. How you choose to rise above it, is what would make you great." She turned away from him, weighing if she should tell him more as she paced leisurely in front of the viewport.

"I was still an Apprentice barely into my twenties when my Master was executed and I was hunted to the edges of the Galaxy by the Sith because of the power we attained together. I am now hunted by the Jedi and Imperials for the same reason. The Galaxy does not want power to gain the upperhand within it." she finally explained, still not looking at him as she came to a stop and looked at the streaks of hyperspace. "I do not speak idly when I say people will try and stand in your way. If you want the power to do what you desire, it's up to you alone to seize it. It's why I am still here and those that stood against me, are not." It was not a boast. She simply stated it as fact.

Just then, Samron marched onto the bridge.
"Dromund Kaas, Mistress?" the Falleen asked as he came to stand next to her.
"Yes, darling. It would be a good gauntlet for Aelor here. And we need those scrolls." she said simply.
The Falleen grunted but said nothing more on the matter.
"Be a dear and show him to a bed, please." she said, patting him on his arm, before walking over to Aelor.

"You have a lot to think over. You can do so in peace." She laid a hand on his shoulder as she was turning away. "Just let us know before we reach our destination if you don't have the stomach for the danger power brings." She gave him a pat before moving from the bridge.

dantemp.png

"You can have that power." she finally said. "You might hate me at times on the road to attain it. It would not be easy and there will be many that would try to stand in your way. How you choose to rise above it, is what would make you great." She turned away from him, weighing if she should tell him more as she paced leisurely in front of the viewport.
Aelor looked to her as she spoke, to give her his undivided attention; he could feel the weight in her words, without needing the Force to guide his senses.
"I was still an Apprentice barely into my twenties when my Master was executed and I was hunted to the edges of the Galaxy by the Sith because of the power we attained together. I am now hunted by the Jedi and Imperials for the same reason. The Galaxy does not want power to gain the upperhand within it." she finally explained, still not looking at him as she came to a stop and looked at the streaks of hyperspace. "I do not speak idly when I say people will try and stand in your way. If you want the power to do what you desire, it's up to you alone to seize it. It's why I am still here and those that stood against me, are not." It was not a boast. She simply stated it as fact.
"Yes, the Sith and their rule of two," he says, as he watches her closely. "They do not like to share power outside of their own. Sith Lords can only rule as a a pair, apparently..."

"If such is the case," he continues, standing next to her, "do not get in my way." Aelor gives her a gentle nudge, casually playing with her while appreciating the gravity of her statement, just as Samron approached the two.
"You have a lot to think over. You can do so in peace." She laid a hand on his shoulder as she was turning away. "Just let us know before we reach our destination if you don't have the stomach for the danger power brings." She gave him a pat before moving from the bridge.
"I will tell you now it is not having the stomach to face the danger," he says to her before leaving to go to his quarters. "It is the matter of doing what I must; in time, I will."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom