Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call from the Bank

His people were descended of wood folks. They once lived in the woods, with no technology, hunting for food and learning magic from the gods in the forests. And now, here he was, leading his people in a age of immense advance, where not only they could cure most, if not all, diseases, but they had to rely in machines with great intelligence to help them in their daily tasks. And not only that, but in the communications as well, for now they could project themselves for others to watch.

“I am Iedolas Aldercapt Solidor, current Chairman in the Bank of the Core.”, he announced, his body being projected by the holocrab that held his image. Clear and proud. Funny for him was the fact that the machines in this new age of technology were quite the emotional pieces, with personalities and even feelings. “As said by my envoys, i would like to discuss terms of a great alliance.”

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
RexyDiv.png

Tom had received word from the docks they had received a shuttle with a holocrab. He allowed the machine to be allowed into his office after it was checked for bug or other malware. He couldn't have something random walking into his office, not when they couldn't come themselves. After they appeared he listened with a steady face.

"I extend my own greetings [member="Primarch Iedolas"], I am willing to talk with you on deals even though generally I prefer to make them in person. But since you were unwilling to come to me yourself this will just have to do. What does the Bank of the Core want from Mirdirmorut?" He was yet to hear why he should entertain the idea of linking with a bank, especially one who didn't met him in person.
RexyDiv.png

As Iedolas heard his reply, he hated himself for a moment. Doing this kind of work was suited for a Chairman, or a representative, not a King of such old line like his, but even as he felt that way, the Primarch never allowed this to be seen in his face. A mask of a stern face, that was what he always wore in public, choosing a calm and friendly tone for his words.

“My most sincere apologies. But the burden of ruling have taken its toe on me, like my age has done the same thing.”, the elzeri was more than four hundred years old, and age was always something people understood for his explanations. “And i must beg to say, but the right question would be, what does Mirdirmorut wants with the Bank of the Core?”, a tricky thing to do, but Iedolas was used to with the games of politics and business. “Investments within your grasp, my lord, investments beyond our mundane imagination. Such as the infinite possibility of having endless funds for whatever great project your company thinks about creating.”

[member="Tom Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
RexyDiv.png

Tom remained passive, this was his company now. He needed to make sure he was doing the right thing by it, although joining with a bank could be a good thing especially with a lot of the two major factions he had allied with had fallen or were falling. Tom wasn't joint with the ME with his company, they had never given him the chance to join it with them. He had asked but nothing had ever come from it majority of them being to busy to deal with him.

Tom listened to the hologram of the man. He was speaking the truth or at least was trying to sell his bank more. He skipped the part of what he wanted to Mirdirmorut. But Tom wasn't just gonna let that slip. "That is very true with a lot of the factions we had signed on with to fill their inventory are falling, money is becoming a bit tighter." He didn't like being called his lord made him sound way to regal. "However we are yet to discuss what you want, as good as they sounds, what do you want?"

[member="Primarch Iedolas"]
RexyDiv.png

As the man replied, Iedolas could not help himself to still feel like a door to door salesman. He was working in the best interests of the Bank and his Council, but he hated doing it so, Solidor had no problem finding new customers, but dealing with such keen business man and woman, was not suited for him, they were too smart, too cunning, and required a lot of patience. And as he smiled, and prepared his answers, his hologram showed his quiet and calm face for the executive in front of him.

“You are a paragon of executive composure. Well, my good gentleman, our desire is a quite simple, but to sign a contract of investment. One that should be able to become very lucrative, let's say for example, if you do open now a account with small twenty five thousand credits, i guarantee that by the end of this week, according to how our shares grow in the market, your money shall double. With a mere, 5% of interests by us per month. Which in a long term is quite the lucrative deal. For any amount beneath one million credits would find itself in the same position. We are one of the best trust funds in the galaxy, deal with money of the oldest and most noble institutions. I guarantee that.”

After he stopped talking, giving only a moment of silence, he asked.
“Does this answer thy question, good sir?”

[member="Tom Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
RexyDiv.png

Tom remained passive, so they wanted money. That was all they wanted not weapons not droids just money. He mused to himself over the idea of giving them fair less money then they were asking for. "Only money you want very well consider the deal signed. If there is anything else please speak now otherwise I expect not to see you any time soon." He said with a smile. It was a dangerous smile that said you had better keep that money safe or there will be things coming for you.
RexyDiv.png

"Thank you for your purchase. As the Banks business our almost done, i must say… we are prepared to offer you a loan in a few million credits with very interesting rates, 10% out of fee. Now…”, Iedolas slowly stopped smiling, his face turning to a serious and stern look, the man was more a brute than a businessman, “Let’s be serious. Unfortunately, as there is no current chairman for the BoC, i’m obliged to this sort of job to make the rest of the board happy. As King of Kaikielius, i also hold the title of Primarch in a, yet, small organization called the Protectorate. And although you seem quite eccentric executive, your company is pretty impressive in what they have to sell. A proper bargain i’m interested in offering since we are in need of a army, navy and proper defenses.”

As he now said, the holocrab showed separately several images of the products he had to sell in his company. Iedolas remained with his smooth tone of voice, calm and quite elegant, as the elzeri always were in everything they did.
“Hidden data pads, Noverskaa steel, Limestone Spray… Wonderful products that i am interested in purchasing them in a large quantity. Also… maybe twenty BG-2… But Rolly Polly, Trio death bots, Explosive Huggers, SG 11. The T-7 Vibro Brace,” He stopped from one second, as getting tired of saying all those names, “PR 20, PD 20… And perhaps, a private contract for a new armor for some force users?”

[member="Tom Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rexy_divider.png

Tom looked at the man as he asked for another contract listing over several items that Mirdrimorut produces. Tom stood still as the man asked before finally coming to a decision. "I believe that can be arranged as for armour, I can supply materials for it however I myself am unable to produce it. Armour production is not among those operations within my company, and it may not be for a while as my next ventures are more likely to be computers and biological sciences." He sent another contract to the man with his name already signed.

"Sign along the dotted line then send it to my AI. Otherwise our business here is completed." Tom said before exiting the room. Nobles, why were they so insistent on making everyone else's lives hard.

Rexy_divider.png

The elzeri slowly nodded and said at last.

“Send me the bill, and so shall the BoC. So we can make to turn your new endeveroints into real profit.”, he slowly smiled after saying that, “As perhaps loaning or funding with a few million credits with the lowest rates you shall ever find in this galaxy to your new wonderful products.”, said that, Iedolas finished by saying.

“Remember, you can always trust in the Bank of the Core to keep your money safe and your wallet fat.”, he waited to see if there was nothing else to be said, otherwise he would turn if off the hologram and retrieve his droid.

[member="Tom Taff"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom