Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech C.E.C. AX-001 "Kessel Runner" Fuel Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corellian [SIZE=9pt]Engineering[/SIZE] Corporation AX-001 "Kessel Runner" Fuel Module

[SIZE=9pt]
john-seymour-techcannister-ii.jpg
[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To debut CEC’s aftermarket modules line[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]HERE[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon Link: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Restricted Missions:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] If Needed[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]N/A [/SIZE]
rqnmXAJ.png

[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Corellian Engineering Corporation[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] AX-001 “Kessel Runner” Fuel Module[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Closed-Market (Market Place Purchase)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] No[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Mass-Produced[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Durasteel, Thermal Regulator Parts, Unrefined Hyperfuel/[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Coaxium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Punch it!:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Activating this module provides a temporary boost in speed of the ship.[/SIZE]
rqnmXAJ.png

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Punch it!:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Unrefined hyperfuel has long been known to provide an incredible output of power and speed if tiny amounts were added to a reactor. However, the volatility of the unrefined substance, and the risk versus benefit has long kept anyone from trying such madness in a production setting. However, CEC is not known for resting on its laurels. The module contains enough thermoregulation and stabilizers that the unrefined hyperfuel is relatively safe in transport. Although to do this, the amount in the extra fuel cylinder is barely suitable enough for one boost before needing replacing, and a moderate boost at that (good for a 1 post speed increase 1x a thread). While it is active though, the power is enough that a freighter can easily outstrip and interceptor (up 2x speed class, to a max of Very High, suffers a 1x loss in handling), and smaller ships can outstrip gravity wells. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Size:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] This module cannot be installed on capital ships or anything over 350 meters[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Volatility:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] If the reactor is blown, it’s always a disaster. On a ship like this, the resultant explosion is orders of magnitudes more violent and devastating, and it takes less to set it off.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Sensitive:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] If the thermoregulation devices are somehow shut down or disabled, the ship becomes a time bomb of deadly proportions.[/SIZE]
rqnmXAJ.png

[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Unrefined hyperfuel has long been known to provide an incredible output of power and speed if tiny amounts were added to a reactor. However, the volatility of the unrefined substance, and the risk versus benefit has long kept anyone from trying such madness in a production setting. Or any setting. Really, most regarded it as spacers legend that it had ever been done successfully without death and debris from an explosion as the result. Like most Corellians, CEC is not known for resting on its laurels. Taking the street racing and spacers legend head-on, they developed the AX-001, dubbing it the “Kessel Runner” in homage to the old wives tale of the Legendary smuggler and General, Han Solo, and his escape from the Maw in the Maelstrom after robbing the Spice Mines of Kessel. Good for one emergency boost, the use of this device can double or more a ships speed, though the handling of the stressors and piloting are in other hands than CEC.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] (Usable once a thread to increase a ships speed by 2 ratings & decrease maneuverability by 2 for 1 post)[/SIZE]

Cal Sedaire said:
(Usable once a thread to increase a ships speed by 2 ratings for 1 post)
Does this sacrifice anything else on the ship? i.e; Maneuverability. I can't approve a submission which gives every ship under 350 meters the ability to go 2 ratings over what is balanced.

I also need to note that there is no rating over extreme, so I'm not quite sure what sort of an impact this would have on a ship with an extreme rating for speed.

[member="Lily Kuhn"] - I'll put stricter guidelines on it. It's not going to sacrifice manuevering per se, but it makes it harder to react to. Docking manuevering felt wrong as the ship would be just as agile, just harder to control. I'm open to suggestions for wording or stipulations if you feel it's unclear or needs more. Let me know what you feel it needs there and I'll include all edits.

[member="Cal Sedaire"]
Typically the faster an object goes, the further it will go before it makes a turn. That's a part of maneuverability. 2 ratings up would be going from Average Speed to Very High speed, or going from X-wing to Millennium Falcon in terms of scale. It's a huge jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom