Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By the Light of the Moon

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Moments had been hours, which turned into a few days of stolen glances. Each time the blue eyes of [member="Saga Björk"] met the blue eyes of Eddval Ragnarson, memories of their stolen night together flooded his mind. Many times he wanted to sneak away just to steal a kiss, but the stolen meeting of blue eyes was all they had. Each night Eddval waited for her at the well, but since the return from the capitol, the Earl demanded more of the slaves. A meeting had been had without Eddval, and it unsettled Christer. Tonight was a required break, the gods demanded it, and the Earl was not foolish enough to upset them.

Eddval walked the streets of Reykjaa, careful not to be caught by the night watch. Saga would have to be more careful as the penalty for her would be severe. The market place was centered around a large well which provided water for the entire village. This was where they were to meet, and Eddval would take her from there to a secluded place he had told her about. Tonight would be the first night of her training to be a shieldmaiden. He would know her ability tonight, and where to start.

The blonde was cloaked to keep his features hidden, but Saga would know him. The shift change was about to happen, and if Saga were there waiting as well, they would be able to cross out in the open soon. The first thing Eddval planed to do was steal another kiss.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Saga dried one more plate from the evening meal, then put it away neatly in the great kitchen's cupboard. With a flurry of fingers, the slave girl quickly undid the apron she had on and grabbed her heavy wool shawl, wrapping it around her shoulders to keep the chill of the summer evening away as her peasant's dress wasn't very warm, then was out the servants door of Reykjaa Hold with a small bag in hand.

The dirty blonde navigated the village streets easily as the slave knew side cuts to get where she needed to go in haste. And tonight, Saga was going to the well in the village center where she was to meet up with [member="Eddval Ragnarson"], her master's third son, whom she was having a secret relationship with. He had promised her when they had confessed their love for each other on a trip to the capital city of Thäinbroek to teach her how to fight so hopefully one day when she garnered her freedom, Saga could become a shield maiden of Midvinter; a dream of hers, and just like Edd's late mother.

As she came to the top of the steps to the market area, Saga spotted the handsome young Valkyr standing off to the side of the well. The very well that Eddval had helped her to get water from when it had frozen up shortly after she had been forced into slavery by his father, Earl Christer Ragnarson, after the Chieftain of Reykjaa had attacked her home village of Húsavik. Ever since that day, the gods had continued to intertwine the fates of the noble son and the slave girl together.

Saga's heart skipped a beat when their blue eyes met as she strolled up casually to the well as if to get a drink. "Greetings, m'lord. The gods must be pleased to give us such a fair evening to enjoy outside. Would you care for a drink?" she asked softly, offering him a ladle filled with water from the bucket.

Edd nodded, and took the drink from the ladle.

"Thank you m'lady. I was rather thirsty."

The blonde Valkyr then looked to ensure no one was looking, and then pulled [member="Saga Björk"] to him for a kiss. It was a quick moment, one which made Edd want more, but they were not meeting to have an intimate encounter. They were meeting so he could fulfill his promise to train her. Grabbing her hand he moved her around behind far wall of the market place where there was divide between the night watch and their view. He pressed a deeper kiss to her lips as he laughed.

"Come with me. I have a place in mind. There is an old abandoned watch tower that we can use. The supplies are there, and we need to use side streets."

Edd used every side street he knew until they were outside the walls of the city. The view of the river near by was breathtaking. The trees and mountains in the distance never got old to look at, and Eddval knew why Reykjaa would always be his him. His hope was that Saga would always be there with him. Such was the hope of young love.

The old abandoned farm and watch tower were remnants of another time when Reykjaa was heavily dependent of the farms of the surrounding area. It was never patrolled and Edd knew they would not get caught there. When they arrived, Edd broke the silence he insisted they have until they reached the old broken down tower.

"I'm glad we finally get to be alone again. Though this activity is going to be much different than the last. I've got shields and practice weapons. I need to know what your skill level is and we can start from there. Oh, and I'm not going to be easy on you so I hope you like to get rough."

Edd smirked

"We can begin when you're ready."

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
The simple touch and warmth of the noble son's lips upon hers not once but twice ignited all sorts of wants and desires within the slave girl, then [member="Eddval Ragnarson"] whisked her away to his special place outside the walls of the village proper where the Valkyr warrior planned to train Saga to fight like a shield maiden.

Saga remained silent until they had arrived at the abandoned farm and watch tower. Eddval was certainly prepared to teach her as she looked upon the equipment gathered. The slave was prepared as well.

"I would not want you to go easy upon me, Edd. That would defeat the purpose of you training me to become a shield maiden like your mother, not that I could ever be such a great warrior as she," the dirty blonde said, then added walking further into the broken down building with her bag in tow. "I brought a change of clothes… so do not look while I change. The last time I did you peaked and you know what happened after that..."

With a knowing soft grin spread on her face, Saga slipped out of her serving dress and quickly into a woven wool tunic and trousers that she tucked into a tall pair of cheap leather boots. The night air was chilly standing there nearly naked while changing, but soon enough she would be warm from exertion.

"I am ready, my captain."

"You mean turn around even though I have already seen everything that you hide from others," Edd asked as he turned.

He decided to take the time to light a fire. They did not need a large one because their activity would keep them warm, but it would keep them warm in the mean time. Also it was for after they cooled down. Their sweat would make them cold. The night air could be very unforgiving.

It was upon him to show her that he respected her as a person and not just some object or a passing affair. No she was the woman he wanted, and he knew that his compliance now could lead to other rewards later. Their coupling at the Prancing Pony would not be their only one, and the Valkyr was patient. A smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth when [member="Saga Björk"] called him get captain. Without a word, he tossed her the wooden practice weapon.

"Now before we start, some basics. Your stance is important. Try not to leave anything exposed, and aggression helps, but don't fight angry. There is a delicate balance between aggression and losing control. You need to find that place for you. Once we find that, we can refine your skill."

Edd took up the other weapon and set his feet should width apart. Raising the weapon and angling it outward, he nodded.

"Attack me."

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Saga caught the wooden practice sword without dropping it before setting herself up in a similar stance mimicking her teacher. This wasn't the first time the slave girl had handled a weapon as her father, a ship merchant with a coastal cargo vessel who was often gone for long periods of time, had taught her to use a dagger effectively if needed to protect herself before she became a lowly servant for Clan Ragnarson after the Earl had taken claim over her home village of Hüsavik. Though, this was the first time swinging a sword-like weapon.

The dirty blonde nodded to [member="Eddval Ragnarson"], then re-adjusted her grip on the large hilt that she held between her two petite hands. Saga took a deep breath as their blue gazes met momentarily, then stepped forward with her left foot and swung the rather heavy wooden weapon intending to make a downward strike diagonally across from noble son's left shoulder to Edd's right hip as the slave had seen other warriors do while training in the courtyard of Reykjaa Hold.

[member="Saga Björk"] not take long to comply. Her stance was good, her grip, that needed work as she would soon discover when Eddval moved his wooden practice weapon to intercept her attack. As he said, he would not go easy, so the force behind his block was strong, and designed to force an oppening where, should it work, the next motion would be to run his opponent through, killing them near instantly.

"That's fine for now, but you only get one hand once the shield is added. So hold onto the hilt as if your life depended on it, because it does."

Short and simple instruction. It was all Eddval knew how to give. Though to be fair he had never taught a woman to fight before, not to mention a woman who happened to be his lover as well. This made it more important. He would not see her die because he failed to prepare her.

His own motion came in, slow enough to stop if needed, but quick enough to test her reflexes. The jab would be on mark, a kill shot were his weapon real. Could she defend it?

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
The force of [member="Eddval Ragnarson"]'s block nearly knocked the wooden sword-like weapon from her now single-handed grip, but Saga held on tightly despite the torque of the hit hurting her wrist a bit as it absorbed the energy. She recovered quickly though as Edd brought his weapon to bare down on her in a jabbing motion sure to stick her like a pig. The slave girl lithely stepped to the side to evade and brought her own blade around to parry his away from her mid-section just barely.

"If the hilt was a bit smaller, I would be able to hold on better with my small hand. I am straining to grip it through the hits and control where I want the blade to go," Saga offered in her humble observation with an unladylike grunt tagged on, then took a swipe at her lover's legs.

"That's just... Edd started as he leaped out of the way of her swipe, "an excuse. We all train with the same weapons."

Eddval batted her weapon away and to the side creating another opening. Instead of coming after her with his own sword though, he stole a quick kiss.

"You're grip will grow stronger as your muscles build. We won't add shields then until you can handle the weapon securely with one hand."

Eddval pressed in this time with with some attacks she could defend. He had wanted to learn what needed work, and she had shown him. Her grip was not the grip of a fighter, but why would it be. At most she gripped mops, or pail handles. She was strong though. The years of drawng and carrying water had developed her muscles. Edd knew if she hit him, she could make it hurt. He smiled because of it. Strong women bore strong warriors.

"Let's have some fun with this. Let's see if you can keep from kissing you."

He smirked at [member="Saga Björk"] and bright his wooden blade down vertically directed at her left shoulder. Once their blades locked he was determined to steal a fast kiss, if Saga was not quick enough.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Saga made a face at the young noble warrior after blocking his strike, then kicked out at [member="Eddval Ragnarson"] with her booted foot to give her some room to work with. The stolen kiss from before was nice and desperately wanted, but… she had so much to learn and so little time to do it in. It made the slave girl just that more determined to make the most of her training.

The dirty blonde feinted with a like-wise strike to Edd's left shoulder, then rolled her wrist and sent the wooden blade straight at his chest instead. Prolly not a move he would think she would make at this stage.

Edd moved when [member="Saga Björk"] faked her attack to his shoulder. It was foolish for him to think that she wouldn't make that kind of move quite yet. He paid for it as well, when he felt the jab of the wooden blade got his chest. She was strong, and where the blade connected it knocked the wind out of him. The blonde warrior grabbed his chest and held up his hand.

"Don't say it. It serves me right I know," Edd said with his ego bruised more than anything else. "You want to add the shields then?"

So Saga was better than he had given her credit for earlier. This was actually good. She would be ready sooner than even she knew. Edd was so excited about her natural talent, he almost ditched the lesson and began kissing her. Lesson first, though. The pair could embrace afterward.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Saga bit her lip in an "I'm sorry" fashion as she looked upon [member="Eddval Ragnarson"] visibly out of breath from the blow to his chest. Wow, the dirty blonde slave didn't know she had that in her, or rather the noble warrior wasn't expecting her to be so assertive so quickly.

"Perhaps we should… I do not want to injure you any further, m'lord, should my wild strikes become too much for you to handle," Saga said with a hint of smirk on her face as she turned to walk over to pick up one of the shields.

Edd grabbed a shield and handed it to [member="Saga Björk"]. He then took his up and showed her how to stand with it when in combat. Her arms would be tired by the end of their spar, and sore in the morning. Edd remembered his own training and how sore he had been. The muscles eventually developed, and hers would too.

"This time use the shield to try and create an opening to the stab or cut. The shield is just as much a weapon as it is a defensive tool. Be creative, I know you can."

Edd winked.

"Now come at me, and when were done, we can sit and enjoy some time to ourselves before we have to head back."

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
And come at [member="Eddval Ragnarson"] the shield maiden wannabe did, though finding the intricate balance of sword and shield was with much trial and error. Soon the moon was at the pinnacle of the clear night sky, which would indicate it was nearing the time she'd have to be back.

"Thank you for training me this night, Edd. I know I have much to learn, though with a teacher as yourself I have faith I will do so quickly," Sage smiled before handing him her wooden sword and shield.

"I managed some food and drink from the leftovers of evening meal. Would you care for some before we must head back?" she offered, reaching into her bag pulling out a corked bottle and a wrapped linen napkin that contained bread and cheese with some scraps of roasted beast.

When [member="Saga Björk"] spoke, Edd looked to the moon above. The fire was beginning to fade, and soon it would be cold enough they would have to retreat to the warmth of their respective shelters. Time had gone so fast with their training that Edd no longer hoped he would enjoy the other benefit of getting away at night. Regardless he did not mind. Any time alone with Saga was worth every effort regardless of their activity. He enjoyed being with her.

He nodded yes as the strong noble took the weapons and shields back to their hiding place. As he turned back, Edd took some of the bread and cheese, leaving the scraps of meat for Saga, knowing it was rare for the slaves to get their hands on such a prize. He would not take any of it from here. The exercising she would be doing on top of her daily chores would require the added calories te protein would provide.

"You could entice me to share every moment with you," he said popping a bit of cheese in his mouth.

Reaching for the bottle, Eddval uncorked it. Pressing the bottle his lips, he drank a health gulp of the golden liquid. Mead always tasted good after training. The bottle was offered back to Saga and soon Edd was seated by the fire, two more logs added for the warmth they would need. Patting the ground next to him, he invited the blonde woman to join him.

"This reminds me of stories my mother used to tell me of how her and my father used to steal away at night to train together. He was such a different when she was alive. Much less bent on conquest. I don't recognize who he is now. I'm ashamed of the way he treats his slaves." Edd said, looking away.

"You though, you'll escape that. You will have earned your freedom and be a shield maiden. Your head will be held high, a shield on your, a sword in your hand, a man who loves you at your side. You will be the stuff of legend!"

Edd believed it, all of it, with everything he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom