Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal

Rebekka Brek Madak

Paradoxical Bucket Full of Crazy!
There are some things, that you know what's gonna happen, just by looking at the headlines, or the starting event, no matter how small. This is one of those times. It's all right there on the label.

Rebekka Brek Madak was stalking around the urban blocks on Taris, when s/he saw what she was looking for - a Cantina.

Strolling in past the creaky wooden doors with Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt next to her, three old-timer drunkards turned and openly gawped at them. "Take a look and see what just breezed in the door." one said. "Why i didn't know the Circus done come around." another said, scathingly, insulting Brek and Eliz's clothing. The third one just cackled incessantly at all the jokes, and thumped his head on the table.

Brek eyed them suspiciously, when the bartender, a half-booted-up ramshackle protocol droid (that had long ago seen better days), with too many added arms and a blue and black checkered flag paint job, spoke up "What can i get you girls, or are you lost ?" it said in an annoyed way.

Walking up to the bar, Madak spoke. "Om .... do you have .... Ice water ?" This caused the drunken trio behind them to cackle "You walk into a cantina and want ice water ?!" - "You better go dunk your head in the rain barrel out there."

The droid retorted "Without the comedy they provide, this place would be suicidally depressive." and the trio lifted their drinks in a mocking toast to the droid "Here's to ya black-jack" - "and all the drinks you was programmed with." and they all cackled again. The droid pointedly said nothing.

Last edited:
One would think someone skilled enough to take on Jedi and Sith single-handedly, literally, would be able to handle themselves when walking down the street. One trained extensively in counter-surveillance and espionage and ranked the top of his class and survived scores of battlefields would be fine in a city. I had thought that too.

But then some guy shot me in the back.

Normally when that happens, it's an ally that is turning traitor for a personal reason that warrants turning on their friend. Or enough money had bought them and they shot their real enemy where they didn't expect it. Or, someone had turned tail and ran away from someone with a gun. But not this time. I had no clue who this guy was.

Yeah, some Karken Jack fired at me right as I had turned down an alleyway from the middle of the street. It had hit my spine, and I went down. I think he took all of my credits, I'm not sure. That was when the Free Colonies were ruling a few of the outer systems, and I was a part of it. Pretty high up and respected, in fact. They stuck me in a bacta tank to heal, and when I woke up...

I'm not really sure. I think they forgot about me. Or, maybe someone took them out and they had to flee, leaving me with a programmed wake-up time. I guess that broke too. Everything was different out on Taris when I got out and found some discarded clothes to wear.

I headed to where you can always find information, the local Cantina. That was also where you could find food and drink, and I was absolutely starving. I didn't have any credits, but I hoped that they would ask for money afterward. I had just sat down at the bar, running my hands through my hair that had grown too long as I breathed, wondering what had happened while I was out. I was also exhausted and needed a place to sleep. Homeless people slept outside all of the time, but what season was it here on Taris? Sleeping outside could be dangerous for multiple reasons, but the weather could kill you faster than any drugged up psycho with a shiv.

That was when some pretty-boy, or girl? Anyway, they leaned up against the bar and asked for Ice-water. I came to my senses and realized that there were others in the bar with me. I could have sworn that I had scanned the bar when I came in and found it empty. When did those three get there? How long... had I been sitting there? Either way, it seemed these three drunken fools were giving the blue-skinned guy a hard time and cracking jokes at his expense.

"Hey," I said to the guy/girl next to me getting picked on. I really had no clue, androgynes aliens were the worst to profile. "Water is the real adult drink. Bartender, could I get one too?" I requested with a half-raised hand.

Last edited:
Heading to a bar probably wasn't the sort of thing Eliz should be doing. He was a kid, much too young for that sort of scene. But, he was also a Mandalorian. He was here to hunt, or at least find some information on the bounty he was after. No armor though made it hard to say he was actually Vod. Until he finished his Verd'goten, he wouldn't wear his armor. For now he stayed quiet as he walked with Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak to the bar. He even stayed quiet when the droid called him a girl.

It wasn't too surprising after all.

"Yeah, water." He took a seat, a deep frown on his face. It was good he could stay calm. The gun he had strapped to his waist could stop the mocking drunks for good, but that'd only get them in trouble. His eyes peered over to Dominik Borra Dominik Borra curiously. But still said nothing more as he awaited his drink.

6r5LuCA.png
Objective: Have a Drink
Tags: Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Heaven offers nothing the mercenary soul can desire"
"The drunks aren't wrong. What kind of person walks into a bar and doesn't order booze" the armoured figure said. He let out a low chuckle. He had been sitting in the corner, attracted to the sudden conversation in the otherwise dull cantina. "Corellian brandy droid." he said before standing up and chucking a few credits on the counter. The mandalorian lifted off his helmet and set it aside, revealing Kes' face, a young man sporting a buzzcut with a large tattoo above his right eyebrow of a pirate gang symbol. Despite it being from his past life Kes liked keeping the tattoo, watching people question whether he really was a mandalorian or some pirate poser.

Kes took a sip of the brandy, setting aside his
WESTAR Blaster Carbine on the counter top. The man was originally on his way to pay his respects to a friend and former employer but the Sith Empire's tight grip on Myrkr and their merciless treatment of all those affiliated with Mandalorians and made him a bit of a target, and Kes wasn't about to get himself killed standing amongst a few crumbling ruins. Instead Kes was now stuck on the depressing swamp that Taris has become. He looked at the small group. "If you had any sense you'd drink, Taris ain't exactly the centre of the galaxy."

Last edited:

Rebekka Brek Madak

Madak lifted a brow at the Kes Stag Kes Stag mandalorian, as he set the helmet down - to reveal a pirate tattoo. Was he or wasn't he ? Brek decided to try abit of Mando'a. "Om .... Me'vaar ti gar ?" asking him how he was doing. It was a stock phrase, but it would let the new mando know that they were also mando ... even tho madak and Eliz didn't have armor yet.

Twisting a hair, Madak thought on what sort of drink to order "Bartender, something .... short but spicy. Surprise me." and waved a hand in a casual manner. The droid then looked at Brek and said "Are you sure ? You two look more like little goblins who's mothers are out looking for them, only to to be found in the juvie pens." This caused the 3 drunkards to laugh at them again, and the meat-headed one to bang his head on the table.

"if the drinks are half as spicy as your jokes, then yes, im sure." "OK, a hot shot shuffle, coming up." and with that, the droid lined up 12 shots of various little drinks involving lots of hot-sauces, alcohols, and other ingredients.

Last edited:
And then an honest-to-the-Force kid that was maybe a teenager( Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt ) walked up next to the she-man( Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak ). The robot misrecognized him for a girl, but I could tell he was a boy, and he ordered water as well. Good kid. He also had a gun strapped to his waist. An even better kid. I let a corner of my mouth tug upwards in a smile, then thought of a kid around his age, maybe just a little older, that I had shot to death in the desert a few systems away. That was... not my finest moment. At least this one had a way to defend himself, unlike that one. I had my armor back then. And my guns. And my ship. And... friends. Now all I had were these dusty, ragged clothes I had found in a locker. I'm pretty sure the shirt wasn't even for my sex, nor were the pants for that matter, judging by how they rode up on my groin. But it was what I could find. At least I had a light jacket on that was macho enough to belong to a certain friend of mine.

I let the shiver that went down my spine shake me back to reality and found myself frowning as a Mandolorian( Kes Stag Kes Stag ) also teased our bunch about ordering water. Had he come in when I just sat there thinking before with the other guys? I could tell his affiliation due to his armor. He then did something I hadn't seen many Mandolorian do with their armor, and that was to take the most important piece off. His helmet. He laid it on the bar along with his blaster of all things to my right. If he laid it on the bar, he wanted people to look at it. If anything turned ugly they would focus on that gun, and that was the whole point. He would have another weapon or three on his person, if I knew Mandalorians at all. His face had a pirate symbol tattoed onto it, and it was one I recognized. I had killed some of them a while back while pretending to be their pilot. Training mission for the project. They had thought I was going to be more direct, but closing my doors along with all the others before flooding the place with toxic gas made the whole job so much easier.

Anyway, I had noted all of this while looking forward, my peripheral my best friend, and at long sweet-loving last, I received my ice-water. It was puny. If glass aged and grew like people, it was barely legal in this establishment. And then the amount of actual water in it was shallower than my first digit on my small finger. But, it was water.

"Not the center of the galaxy." I agreed with the Mandoloarian Pirate without looking at him. "Exactly the reason to not get drunk and instead feed your body something good." I sipped the water and felt my parched throat accept it gleefully. Sweet, sweet water. I turned my eyes down at it and feigned annoyance(it wasn't hard) at the lack of liquid. The one large ice cube clincked against the glass as I slowly turned it and tilted it at seemingly random. My eyes were, in fact, locked on the glass itself and it's reflection. It's curve allowed me to spy on the Mando, and I did spy to spot any other things the Mando might have been carrying on him. He had a poncho which hid a lot of his armor, but I did see the grenades on the Mando's belt. This guy was always ready to take someone down the hard way, wasn't he?

Then I heard something I hadn't heard in a long time, and that was Mando'a. The he-she on my left spoke it, and from what I remembered of the language they said something like, "What was he doing". Or was it, "How was he doing"? "How was I doing"? It had been so long since I had to speak it, I was a little hazy on the pronouns and the five W's of Mando'a. If I had to guess, it was the second one. Removing his helmet in front of everyone while sporting that tattoo screamed that he was dangerous enough to escape the Mando's and live, or kill one and take his stuff. That meant that the man-girl was familiar enough with Mandalorians to speak it and to be cautious around others. They were thinking the same thing I was. Who was this guy? And what was his affiliation? Pirates, or Mando? If he could speak or understand it, that would tell a lot about him. The androgynous person also had the smarts to ask this question that gave them so many more answers than the question could normally get, which told me a bit about them as well. Mandalorians themselves? What were they doing with the kid? Run-aways? Or in training?

And then they seemed to disregard my encouragement of water and ordered twelve shots of liquor. Hopefully, the kid wouldn't drink any. Wouldn't be good for him. I realized that in my thinking I had missed a joke or something, as there was laughter from the drunks at the table. "That's what starving and dehydration will do to you, Dom." I thought to myself. "Not going to be paying your full attention to everything." I sipped from my water again, being generous to my body in the act. Doing so consumed the entirety of the water left in the glass, which may have been a mouthful. Still, water was so much better tasting than bacta.

I lifted an eyebrow as the shot glasses were all placed on the bar. There was more liquid in three of those glasses combined than was in my one glass of water. And was that hot sauce? Really? I glanced from them to the one who ordered them. "I'll take your water if you're not drinking it." I offered the she-he. "Might want milk instead with all of that." Which was true, both statements were. Especially the first one. Kark, water felt so good right now, and apparently in short supply around here.

Last edited:
Eliz kept quiet where he was, raising a brow slowly as he glanced between the three. Dominik Borra Dominik Borra , Kes Stag Kes Stag , and the one he'd come in with, Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak . Well, at least there wasn't too much hostility between them. Couldn't be said for the rest of the people in the bar. His gaze traveled to the drunks as he sipped his glass, a frown clear on his face. Droid wasn't helping either.

He just muttered into his drink, obviously annoyed as he turned his back on the drunks and hoped these two strangers would be better company.

Rebekka Brek Madak

As more and more otherwise faceless and nameless people filtered into the bar, the place (and the droid) began to get busier and busier.

Madak had downed the first glass, which was equal parts strong, sweet, and spicey. It had a very nice mouth heat. S/he waited abit before choosing the next one.

The next glass was very different; it was very briney to the point of intense sour-ness and hotter than the first one. Madak actually coughed at the pickled hotness of it, and began to feel the heat rising. However, Madak was down for the heat, and giggled abit as she started to visibly sweat, from both the heat and the booze starting to go to her head.

"The drinks are nice and hot." Madak said, smiling arrogantly, before downing a third.

The third glass was also very different; it was a simple hot-sauce shot, equal parts spicy and alcohol. However, the spice heat was intense, Very Intense. The moment Rebekka downed the shot, s/he regretted it as the 'the bomb shot' tore its way past her mouth and All The Way Down her throat, and exploded into her stomach with intense Rage.

Madak coughed, and then burp-coughed, and swore in several languages, as her face swiftly sweated and turned bright red. Worse was that hir stomach audibly burbled and threatened to Reverse Gears. Laying her head on the bar and fighting the urge to retch up the fire in her gut, Madak swore again, this time in mando'a. "Shabuir Dushne .... Blehhh." and burped what felt like fire, but fortunately, did not puke.

Last edited:
6r5LuCA.png
Objective: Have a Drink
Tags: Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Heaven offers nothing the mercenary soul can desire"
As Rebekka turned and spoke Kes immediately recognised his people's language to which he thought "Ah kark me." Kes had always been an outcast amongst his people, from the exile of his parents to his brutal and in some eyes dishonourable methods. The one who spoke Mando'a wasn't wearing Beskar'gam so he could only assume she hadn't earned it or had been exiled. "Jate'shya jii Ni ganar ibic" (Better now that I have this) he said refering to his brandy before downing the rest of it.

He turned back to Dominik Borra Dominik Borra and spoke back in galactic basic. "Alcohol is good for you. That's what makes my brethren great fighters." he said before leaning back on his chair. He waved the droid over for another drink who promptly poured it out and pushed the glass towards him. He watched as Rebekka took the shots and he let out a low chuckle. Spice and alcohol weren't his first choice of drink. While she recovered he turned to the group and spoke.
"So what brings you to this backwater. A child, unarmoured mando'a speaker and you who seems looks like you've slept in this cantina for the past week."

Of course, s/he didn't respond to me asking for her water, they instead must have wanted to get wasted first. And then they seemed to instantly regret it. I pushed my empty glass of water over to her, it's large ice cube still clinking. "You might want to suck on that." I said before deftly taking her water while her head was down, drinking it.

When the Mandalorian Pirate spoke back in Mando'a, I tried hard to understand but it had just been too long. "Now that I better have this"? That didn't make any sense. My brain wasn't translating languages too well, so I decided to just stop trying. Then he spoke to me.

"I wasn't saying it wasn't good, I just haven't had anything to drink in... what year is it?" I asked, sipping at my drink again. I realized then that my question might have sounded like a rhetorical joke, but I was being serious. What year was it?

At his question, I looked sidelong at him. "I don't know these two, but I'm here because I need the three essentials." I held up a closed hand and started counting with my fingers. "Food, Information, and water." I gestured to my drink. "Got one of them."

"Not a child. Mandalorian." Eliz cleared his throat as he glanced to Kes Stag Kes Stag . He understood. He wasn't wearing his armor, because he didn't have any. Not yet at least. One day he'd make that armor with his father, but for now, that wasn't the case. He laughed a bit as he watched Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak as she downed the shots. Brave, given that he could feel the heat from here.

"On a job. Bounty." His blue gaze drifted over to Dominik Borra Dominik Borra , watching him curiously. "Information for what?"

Information for what? That was the question. Kes Stag Kes Stag Probably knew more than the kid, but whatever. I shrugged at the kid. "I... I'm not sure, really. What year it is, what's happened since 849 ABY, where anybody that I may know is, what happened to the Free Colonies..." I trailed off.

The drunks in the corner started laughing hysterically when I said that. "Free Colonies?" One called out. "What have you been doing, living under a rock?! The Free Colonies and James Justice got the kark out! Haha!" I only glanced at that one before turning back to the glass I had stolen. One of his friends stood up and started making his way over. I could tell by his gait that he wasn't being friendly.

"You... you aren't a friend of those pirates, are you?" He snarled at me, getting closer than those sitting next to me, standing at Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt 's back.

I had had probably the worst day of my remembrance, and I was about to make it worse. The thing is about shot lines, is that they were long. Even though Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak was one seat away, a shot was within easy reach. I snatched one up and flung it into the man's face with my right hand while slugging him right below the sternum to knock the air out of him.

Rebekka Brek Madak

Rebekka didn't see it, but the other guy got a hot-shot to the face, and screamed "Aaaahhh, Argh My Eyes !" and rebekka heard a punch-smack resound.

Lifting hir head up to look, she saw that the two others were rushing to tend to 'mr floppy', and seeing that there was nothing to be done, s/he pick up another hot-shot, and spoke angrily. "I will Not, be Conquered, by Mere Drinks !" and gulped down the next shot drink, which looked like a little red and yellow jellyfish mushroom in the cup. She chewed the jellyfish-thingie, and swallowed that down in Victory.

Almost instantly, her whole face and neck was on fire, and she rapidly got dizzy, as her face started turning a nice shade of purple, and coughed at the spiciness of it. Stars danced around her vision as she found herself falling off the stool, and onto the floor. Madak mumbled something that sounded like a question.

Climbing back up to sit on the stool again, she fought of the spice-heat and dizziness, and spoke again in a higher pitch. "I will, Not .... cough Conquered, by .... Drinks !" Rebekka took it personally now, and pointedly grasped another shotglass, as the alcohol and spice (and the jellyfish-shroom) was really starting to kick in now. Drinking it down, the dizzy took over again, and her head seemed to swim around the room, nearly falling off the stool again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom