Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business Trappings

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Alli waited patiently outside the chancellors office. She after all had business to discuss. She had not only acquired Sasori, which meant she was providing things to the jedi but already made a ship for them. So now she had to convince them to let her replace their holonet satellites as they decayed. She already did so for the Omega Protectorate. She just had to do it for others and she would have control of the holonet as she replaced and maintained the satellites. Alli knew the republic contract had ran out, so it was time to accept new bidders. This was her chance. She had sent the proposal before hand. With this contract she would build a new factory or two in republic space as well. So she waited to see the ghostling.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Alli Wren"]

"Excuse me, Missus Wren? Chancellor Ijet will see you now." A Protocol droid reported, teetering by the Baktoid CEO on it's way about it's normal duties. Secretarial droids were fairly common around the Senate building.

Paperwork mornings were the most boring of mornings. The first month or so after Aleidis had won the election had meant lots of jet-setting around, exciting things happening, beating the rumors about her every day with pure action. Now, things had somewhat settled into a routine. The shock of a teenage girl being at the helm of the Free Republic had worn off a bit, and very few were actively doubting her ability to lead, now. In theory, this was great. In practice, it was pretty boring.

The Ghostling glanced up as her door opened - presumably, her appointment with Alli Wren, the CEO of Baktoid industries. Many companies had sent delegates, Baktoid had sent the CEO. A personal touch was noted and appreciated. Aleidis stood up and offered a polite smile, bowing slightly. "Good morning, Missus Wren." She greeted, pushing a small bowl forward. "...would you like a strawberry?"

Alli smiled and took one. " Thanks so much ' She ate the berry with a smile. " So I am here to one, offer my services manufacturing anything you want. Two to design anything the republic might need, and three to talk about my bid for becoming the maintainer of your holonet satellites. " She looked her over and wondered how she was adjusting to the new responsibility. " I designed a ship for you previously and would love the chance to do it again. For satellites I would replace and maintain them as they deteriorate, as the previous contract holder did. and I have factories and shipyards that can handle anything should you need more sites devoted to something. "

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Alli Wren"]

It was refreshing that someone had come for such a utilitarian and normal purpose. Aleidis listened to the proposal and nodded at the appropriate arts, before offering a small smile. "Well, Mrs. Wren, you seem horribly prepared. Would you happen to have a quote handy?" The young chancellor asked curiously, intending on comparing the quote to the nearest competitors. It seemed pretty straightforward - if Alli Wren and Baktoid could beat out their current provider and keep a high level of service, game over.

(not even going to bother with an actual number :D )
Alli pulled out a datapad and transferred the data from the chip in her head and smiled handing it to her. It was full of figures of the cost per satellite which was significantly less than the competitor due to the fact that she had taken the assumed way to make the satellite and threw it out the window. If @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] cycled through the various pages it would highlight the plan to slowly replace the aging satellites and the projected costs and savings. She of course was prepared, She had everything she needed in her head. " My main offer is this bid, though I did hope to find out if there was anything else up for contract that a well connected individual might know of that I could perhaps bid on, as I have already acquired Sasori, and began making equipment for the jedi at no cost to them. " She looked at the young woman, who was younger than even her self. She was very curious on what she might have to say.

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Alli Wren"]
(Good call! XD )

Aleidis paged through the quotes and comparisons, struggling to keep her full attention on anything but the bottom line. Everything seemed to be pretty cut-and-dry, here; the prices were better, resoundingly better. That was likely the benefit of doing business with a large conglomerate like Baktoid. "I'm sure the Jedi appreciate that, Missus Wren." Aleidis commented as she closed the datapad and offered a polite smile, raising her eyebrows. "Seems a pretty simple decision. I'll sign off on this - just be aware that Republic Inspectors are going to want to supervise any work you do. Our Holonet network is rather important and, as of late, irritatingly easy for psychopaths to hack it seems." She confessed with a casual smile.

"You've got yourself a contract."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom