Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Business Partners

Tags: Malani Dahn Malani Dahn

Thalira walked the streets of a small city on the planet Hapes. This was her first visit to the Inner Rim planet, and she was enjoying the view. The cities architecture was definitely an improvement from the regular dirty places the woman tended to stay at. Neat, proper people passed her on the street as they went to their proper jobs in their proper clothes with their proper coworkers. Meanwhile, Thalira was sporting her red skintight bodysuit, black leather cropped jacket, and red leather boots. And she was getting side-eyed by just about everyone she passed by.

She had only been on the planet for about half an hour, and truth be told she was already considering returning to her ship, but she decided to keep on. After all, she had a very good reason to be there. In fact, she was on a business venture. Through her connections, she heard of a hapan woman named Malani Dahn Malani Dahn who was looking to go into a long-term business with someone, and Thalira knew she had to jump at the opportunity to create a (legitimate) business or she would regret it. Who knew what this could lead to? Hopefully tons of credits.

After some more walking and judgmental passersby, Thalira came to a small complex of various shops and businesses. Double checking the directions on her datapad, she confirmed that this was the place she was to meet her new potential business partner. She entered the complex, and after tactically avoiding a few merchants peddling their wares, she arrived at her destination. "'Dahn and Endari,'" She read the sign on the door out loud. "Let's see if this lady's as good as they say." She pushed the button on the door terminal, and it slowly slid open, revealing the rather small office inside. And the lady occupying the office. "Ms. Dahn, I presume?" Thalira asked as she entered the office. "It's nice to meet you." She looked the woman up and down. 'Credits, here I come.'

Malani was tending to some paperwork for a business deal she completed only a few days ago when her office door opened and a woman wearing leather entered the office. Malani stood up from her desk and walked around to her guest, offering her a handshake. "I am, but please, call me Malani. It's nice to finally meet you too, at least in person. Please, come in." She led Thalira further into the office and she closed the door behind them. The office was small, but it had everything Malani needed to work her various jobs. Several cabinets and shelves lined the walls with all kinds of different items she acquired in her years of work, and there were two desks on either side of the room each with a comfortable office chair.

Malani pulled the chair out of the empty desk and sat back down on her own chair, motioning for Thalira to have a seat on the other one.
"So I understand you are interested in starting a shipbuilding company. I've previously helped a few others start similar companies, so I know they can offer a very good profit, but only if done correctly. I can work on acquiring a factory for us to use, but it might be a good idea for us to have a unique ship blueprint to start off with so we can offer something no one else has yet. What do you think?"

Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing

Thalira took a seat on the chair Malani offered her, and wheeled it towards the hapan woman, bringing her merely half a meter away from the other woman. "That's a good start," Thalira responds approvingly. "I see you've already been working on turning this idea into a reality." She looks around the room. "And by the looks of it, you've been quite successful in the past." She suddenly pushes on the floor with her feet, sending her chair wheeling to the other side of the room. She wheels herself to the cabinets and shelves, looking over all the miscellaneous items for a moment.

Thalira picks a colorful mug up and examines it, admiring its artful design before carefully setting it back down. "You've sure got a lot of nice decorations in here." She says with a smile and she wheels herself back to Malani, bringing herself back to only half a meter away from the hapan. "I have a hypothesis. Either you are humble, or the stuff I've heard about you being a great entrepreneur were wrong." She pauses for a moment. "How else do you explain such a small office?" She spins her chair in a circle, getting another glance at the small room.

Malani Dahn Malani Dahn

Malani watches as Thalira goes around the room, stroking her chin in almost a confusion at the antics of Thalira. And then Thalira asked the question about Malani's office. "Actually, this office was the first thing I and..." She hestitates, thinking of her ex-partner. "Well, my previous partner and I got this office when we first started this business. We can use it to start our business together, but later I'll work on getting us a building of our own near our first factory so we can both have offices of our own."

"Speaking of which,"
Malani says, bringing the subject back to business. "We will of course need a name for our company. If we get that figured out now, I can begin the paperwork of actually starting this company and then you can start working on initial designs for our first ship. Knowing what we are starting out with will also help me know what we need for our first factory so we can strart production as soon as possible."

Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom