Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business as Usual

Zrimmir waited patiently within his public office, readying himself for his meeting. It was far from his first, ZUBU being a rather small company on the galactic scale, meant his more high class clients wanted him personally as their financial advisor, but this was by far his most interesting client. He couldn't conjure up much on Ra'a'mah Numare, even using his better PIs, but what he did know was she had worked for the Dominion, Shrouded Republic, Sith Empire, The Metal Lords of the Void, and more, although he wasn't entire sure of her positions within them. He did know this, she was the leader of a trade fleet, and an accomplished business woman, meaning she was rich, something Zrimmir always liked to hear.

Zrimmir checked his desk time piece, wondering if he had read the appointment time correctly.

Over the years her business attire had changed only a little. Instead of a poorly made more or less cargo outfit, she now dressed in professional business suit. Since this was purely a business meeting, Ra wore her hair down and carried no weapons.

She arrived on Cato Nemoidia in good time to observe a little of what it was like there. In a way it reminded her a little of Ession. There it had cities built with domes around them that went above the ground much like the arches over the water that held life here.

After taking a small tour of the planet, she would arrive almost on time. Within just a couple minutes of start time and that was due to a small congestion of traffic near the office. However, she did not hurry her walk or appear too flustered at being those couple minutes late. Every one in business would understand traffic. From the largest to the smallest company.

ZUBU was one of the smaller ones and pretty new to the business scene. That did not deter her from seeking to make a deal with them hopefully. She had once been in a similar position and ran off a single ship. Now she controlled a fleet. Persistence paid off for her and she had turned that single freighter into something grand

Now she wanted the advice for her finances. After having been across the board when it came to working with various governments, all the funds she had acquired really should be in something more formal than what it was.

[member="Melvand Zrimmir"]

Not long after Ra'a'mah arrived at ZUBU company headquarters one of the lobby's hostesses, a Zeltros woman obviously chosen for her looks, bowed as a greeting towards the businesswoman. Without saying a word, she gestured towards a hallway and led Ra towards a lift. She accessed the lift's control and stepped aside, letting Ra enter.

The lift would take Ra'a'mah to a short hallway leading to a glass office where Zrimmir stood in an upright stature, having been notified of her arrival. The Neimoidian did his best to smile, but due to biology and personal history, he wasn't very good at it. When she would enter, Zrimmir would speka first, "Welcome, esteemed chief executive officer Numare. I trust your journey was not tiring?"

Being greeted silently wasn't too common, but Ra went with things. It was assumed by the woman that she was the correct person and pointed in the direction of a hallway that lead to the lift. At the point, she was lead into the lift that opened to another short hallway leading to the director's office.

Thanking the woman, she turned to enter the door and be greeted by Melvand. Noticing at least an attempt at a smile, she returned his with one of her professional smiles. The kind that didn't entirely reach her eyes.

"Please, I'm not entirely into such formal titles. I am Ra'a'mah Numare, but to keep things simple you can call me Ra or Ms. Numare."

Zrimmir nodded,

"Of course, Ms. Numare."

Zrimmir sat down and gestured for Ra'a'mah to do the same. After thinking for a moment, Zrimmir began speaking, "So from what I gather, you run a rather successful merchant fleet, would you mind indulging me to more information about it? This is so I can better assess your situation, abilities, and flaws."

With the invitation open for her to take a seat, Ra sat down across from Melvand. There was a moment of silence before he broke it with the probably the most important question from him.

Reaching into a pocket on her suit, she pulled out a data crystal for him. She set it on the desk and motioned to it.

"On the crystal is record of my fleet and the various governments it is tied to. Of course, if you want further details, I can answer them for you. That there is just the key elements I felt you would need to know about."

Mevland bowed graciously and picked up the data crystal. He inserted it into his in-built desk computer and reviewed it quickly. He didn't want to keep his client waiting. After some thoughtful planning he looked up at Ra'a'mah and spoke,

"It seems most of your assets are stored rather unconventionally. They're, as you know, mostly kept loosely around your fleet. Not a bad strategy for a small trade operation that needs accessible funds when things go awry, but unnecessary for such a large fleet that can have accounts to pull this from."

Melvand produced a datapad from within his desk, tapping it a few times until it displayed details for corporate bank accounts. Then he handed it to Ra to examine for himself while he explained,

"If I were in your shoes, I would start with making a major corporate account within a respectable banking institution. I understand you have smaller ones strewn about the different governments you work with, but those are of little use beyond providing your vessels petty cash to withdraw upon when needed. Having a major account will make it easier for your company to invest, make expenditures, and most importantly, grow."

Melvand then produced a second, smaller datapad from within his desk, again tapping it a few times until it displayed details for investment options of an operation of Ra's size. He handed this one to her like the last one, and began explaining without waiting for Ra to respond,

"The next step I would take, is start making investments. Your company has a large surplus, a virtue of successful business, and if you want to really grow your financial portfolio, making investments, preferably in ventures and businesses related to your own, is the way to go."

Melvand took a breath as he had been talking for a while,

"Any questions so far?"

Listening to what Melvand had to say about how she stored her money, her accounts were rather scattered about. Due to the various failings of past governments, the money she had earned there had been stashed away haphazardly. It was all she could at the time and then never returned to those accounts. She knew they were there, just collecting interest, but untouched as they aged.

Accepting the datapad, Ra would look over the various options he offered. Making a note of the benefits and drawbacks of each. Listening as he further spoke what he suggested she do, she nodded. A question on clarification popped up, but she waited until he finished speaking and asked if she had any questions.

"It might be though of as a stupid question, but by grow, do you mean the investment or my company?"

His last point was something Ra already knew about and did. Maybe not exactly in a way he thought about, but she made connections all over the galaxy.

Zrimmir leaned back as Ra'a'mah thought and replied, taking a few deep breaths as he relaxed for a moment. Then he leaned back in to reply,

"Your company of course, I apologize for my lack of clarity in my statement."

He waited a moment then broke the silence again,

"Would you care for any recommendations?"

"The growth of my company deals more with how many connections I have to the various governments and companies. When they pay me, I can grow my fleet or I can invest those payments. Which do you feel is the best option?"

She answered his question​ quite nicely, remained professional and showed a sense of curiosity at the answer he would provide.

"Not everything can be entirely clear with a single statement. That is why I asked for clarification."

Zrimmir thought for a brief moment then replied,

"I believe for now you should keep a nice balance between the two, but as time goes on and those investments start paying back, start pooling more funds towards investing as those investments will pay for the growth of your fleet, and your pocketbook."

Nodding as she listened to his words, she would take them into consideration.

"How long does it typically take an investment with ZUBU to mature?"

​Taking out her own datapad, Ra was prepared to take notes on what he suggested. While what she had accomplished on her own without the advice of anybody, she felt now was the time to expand her horizons. Pooling what she had into one company seemed to be the best option instead of scattered like her investments were now.

Zrimmir smiled and said,

"Just last quarter Zooboo grew eight percent. Our estimates predict we'll nearly double that figure by next quarter."

He activated his desk console and displayed the figures to back up his statement.

"Zooboo is one of the, if not the fastest growing financial institution in the Commenori Systems Alliance. By next year your investment will have tripled, if not more."

Her own company had been a slow growing one. Then suddenly it almost seemed that overnight Ra was in charge of a fleet of ships. It had only grown from there. Starting with a small fleet of only three ships as the years had passed that had grown even more. Not quite as fast as the investments of ZUBU, but they were different fields.

"What protects you and the people investing in you from failing?"

This answer would likely be a deciding factor in her decision to put her faith in his company.

This had not been the first time he had received such a question, and it would likely not be the last. When you invested in the insurer, who insured you? Zrimmir had a pre-set answer to that,

"Zrimmir Universal is the largest financial institution on Cato Neimoidia, and it plays a small role in Duros' economy as well. If, in the very unlikely occurence, Zooboo were to experience a financial meltdown, these planets would have no other option but to bail out the bank, including your investment. But outside of things Zooboo can't control, the company does not make high risk decisions when dealing in such a high stakes game. Any other questions you have, Ms. Numare?"

"Now at this time. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Mister Zrimmir. As you know making such a decision is something that should be considered before becoming final. However, I have the feeling, I will be investing with you soon. There are no other questions I have at this time, but if I have any, I will make sure to ask them. Either to you or your representative you have to speak for you."

She herself was usually the front woman for her company and did not rely on others to perform her job. His company was just getting a start and branching out. In time, Ra expected to not deal with Melvand, but another of his employees. Besides, most of her employees were droids, very few organics actually worked for her.

"Is there anything else you have to propose?"

Zrimmir nodded, understanding that perhaps Ra'a'mah wanted this meeting to come to a close to, something Zrimmir shared.

Zrimmir saw a lot of profit in the merchant fleet. After some in-depth analysis he had learned a great deal of their past sales and their very large potential. Perhaps Zrimmir would invest in a merchant vessel subsidiary company later in ZUBU's growth. But for now, he would fish for an investment.

"You spoke of a hypothetical investment in my company Zooboo. I would be remiss if I did not pursue that any further. Zooboo has a large amount of potential for very aggressive growth. We already discussed details of it. Any interest, Ms. Numare?"

Like any good person that was pushing a business, Melvand did just that. Giving him a friendly, but professional smile, she shook her head.

"I would like to do a little further research with the information you just gave me. Give me maybe a week or so and I'll be able to give you a for certain answer. Something I'm sure you understand."

It was similar to what ​Ra did when she reached out to new contacts. She would present them with a selection of goods she had access to and allowed them the time they needed to find out if there was interest for them. Normally, if there was an interest, she would hear back within a week and business would begin then.

Zrimmir smiled, but not too warmly, at Ra'a'mah's answer. It was reasonable at the least, and left the offer open to further negotiation.

"Of course, Ms. Numare. It would be unwise for you to consider such a broad proposal without giving yourself the necessary time, anyways. Perhaps, if you deem yourself interested, our negotiation could take place at my personal residence here on Cato Neimoidia? It provides certain amenities my own office cannot."

Zrimmir stood up with his hand out to shake, signaling Zrimmir was complete with their business today, "If you ever wish to continue these appointments, do not refrain from calling or messaging me. My secretary will send you the proper information via the holonet within forty-eight hours. Thank you for your business Ms. Numare and have a nice day."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom