Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Burnin' Down the House [ Centrality ]

3b412c48a881435eb986e31c52a1f7a6.jpeg

Zayne Corrigan-Thorne Zayne Corrigan-Thorne | Erlinar
Makai was one for a bit of show and tell. Must have gotten from his father.

When conducting a business contract, he wasn't one to sit up in a massive office, looking at holo images of what was planned and walls of of text. Sometimes being boots on the ground made sense, one got to envision the space, work with it, see any challenges that lay ahead that were disguised otherwise. Being somewhere just gave an overall general idea of what was to be and what direction a company could head in.

Which is why be brought the architect all the way out to Centrality. Working on restoring various worlds in the area, this project was off the contracts that himself and various companies had been awarded. This was more of a joint venture between his companies and those of the Arceneau family, a venture where they would be building a regional headquarters on the planet of Erlinar. Filled with thousands of lakes, broken monorails once connected the cities between the lakes. Destruction saw fit to do otherwise, leaving several companies to terraform and start over again.

Headquarters in the Centrality region would be critical. First, there were long-term investments that were on-going. Second, it would be crucial to success in the region. Set down roots and watch other smaller companies flock to also take part. Perhaps the refugees would be confident to return. At the very least it would draw more commerce than before, allow for his and the Arceneau companies to expand at a more rapid clip.

The architect would be designing and overseeing the project. Makai hoped if the man had time he could also speak on a personal project as well. One issue at a time.

Tags: Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

Lighting up a smoke, the man let out a sigh.

A vice he'd been told by his assistant to quit many times, the man raised the cigarra to his lips and took his first drag. Nicotine was the one drug he allowed himself to indulge in, alcohol would have been if he hadn't of learned to keep his palate expensive and only drink on a special occasion. It was hard to drink yourself into the grave when a bottle of your preferred tipple was a few thousand credits.

Erlinar was a planet of which he'd never had the pleasure of visiting. He'd seen it crop up on star maps for years and he recalled an old story of an attack back in the days of the Galactic Empire that led to the planets monorail system being left non-existent. Further research showed that the planet was made up of roughly three-hundred thousand lakes, making it the perfect home for a fish.

Except he wasn't a fish. He breathed oxygen through his lips and not through gills and thus throughly enjoyed actual landmasses. It's why he had never served well on planets such as Dac (Mon Calamari? The businessman still wasn't entirely sure what the planet went by) and Kamino. Erlinar seemed like a good middle world where fishy species and humanoid species could live as one. Fish in the lakes, humanoids on the landmasses.

Business is what had called him out to Erlinar. Typically he dealt with investments and funding start-ups, but every so often he liked dipping his toes back into the business that made him. Architecture wasn't the biggest trade in the galaxy and thus he'd been able to just slot in nicely as the galaxies leading designer and contractor. His team could throw up any stupid design that the boss threw at them.

Hell, they were in the process of throwing together his new headquarters and that was a complex mess. The designs for that headquarters had originated on the back of a napkin and had been drawn with a child's pencil. They'd obviously expanded since then, but still. It said a lot. Either way, if they could throw that together, they could throw anything together.

Walking from his ship and to the meeting point, the businessman couldn't help but stop by one of the lakes. For as much as he appreciated his landmasses, he couldn't deny the planet of three hundred thousandish lakes was a pretty view. Reminded him of those businesses on Nar Shadda, though maybe they were best left unthought about prior to a business meeting.

After a little more walking, his eyes made contact with his consumer and he finished his cigaara and threw it to the floor. Stomping it out with his boot, he quickly inserted a mint into his mouth to mask the smell. Eventually, he made contact with the man whom had summoned him into the outer rim, with the man who wanted to make use of his services.

"I'm gonna make an informed guess that you'd be Mr Dashiell. You don't however strike me as a man who enjoys going by Mr Dashiell, correct me if I'm wrong"

Data tablet was up, looking at potential designs and schemes for a new monorail system. Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau had suggested Laravan Corporation expand to creating the monorail system and move away from just luxury speeders. Makai had agreed, the luxury speeder market was flooded, being able to diversify would allow the tiny company he had held since the tender age of seven or so gain a better footing. Perhaps he could link in his fathers industrial construction company to help with the pillar system.

Footfalls marked the arrival of his contact ; the architect needed to start the headquarters and kickstart the system. It would be tricky with the lakes, but Makai hoped he had some ideas, the man came highly recommended. His head raised and he focused on the matter at hand instead of the monorail. Hand outstretched in greeting, a friendly welcome.

"Mister Corrigan-Thorne, welcome to Centrality. You're very correct, I prefer to be called Makai, there's very rarely a reason to be formal in such things. Different if this was a conference or something quite serious. However, we're just discussing a few buildings."

Still a serious matter, given the millions of credits being sunk into the project.

"How was your trip out here? Apologies for coming all this way but the landscape holds a unique challenge and I assumed you may want to see with your own eyes and get a rough idea of what we're looking at."

Zayne Corrigan-Thorne Zayne Corrigan-Thorne

Tags: Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

Zayne nodded softly.

"Never just a few buildings, Makai" he chuckled sofly. "Some people look at buildings like artwork, their designs almost gorgeous in nature" he continued softly. "To others, buildings are essential to their operations and without a functional design the entire operation would collapse within the blink of an eye and they would lose millions, if not billions of credits."

The businessman cast his eyes around. "You weren't kidding when you mentioned a unique challenge. It's certainly a little on the wetter side out here. Something like three hundred thousand puddles on this planet if I read correctly, yeah?" he asked, just looking to confirm that his research was correct and he wasn't pulling the three hundred thousand lake thing out of no-where.

"Always love a challenge though, me" Zayne laughed softly. "There's a few options we have for the lakes, including going over them or even into them" he continued, mind already racing with ideas that he could pitch for underwater places with fish swimming overhead. Would certainly make those boring conferences a little less boring if a shark swam overhead.

"What ideas do you have, and I'll see what I can come up with"

"Three hundred thousand, give or take. Not sure what poor bastard got the job of counting them all."

Some needed terraforming and environmental cleanup. Others seemed fine. Worlds he found in the Centrality had a way of taking the devastation only to see wild vegetation start to grow over what had been leveled. Poking around before Mister Corrigan-Thorne had arrived, the half-Galan had even noticed fish and other life starting to return to the water.

"I am open to nearly all ideas. We've got three companies moving into the space at once, which means it will have to be large. As a regional headquarters, it will be a foothold in the Centrality and beyond, so I predict in time it will be busy in some form or fashion. I have been considering something such as a central hub that goes around the lanscape or something with towers and a bit of pleasing architecture. Focused on the lakes and using nature to the advantage. Something beautiful as well as functional."

Iced azure gaze looked over the lakes, thinking.

"I am unsure of your process by my mining company did check the soils around the lakes. Solid bedrock. I assume construction would take pillars to hold all the weight of the building? I am unfamiliar in this territory."

A small pause.

"Are you used to incorporating nature and architecture or do you focus more on function and organization?"

Zayne Corrigan-Thorne Zayne Corrigan-Thorne

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom