Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Buried Long Ago

deserted_camp_by_jeremypaillotin_d742vvi-fullview.jpg

Mountain camp, Garel
Neutral Space

Dasead disembarked his ship a short distance from what appeared to be a small mountain village. He had no choice but to let the force guide him from here on out, the true location of his objective being unknown. It was a dragging journey from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to this part of space, and to be caught between Sith and Bryn'adûl territory was of considerable risk.
His camp, tucked into the mountainous reaches of the planet, provided him natural cover from anyone who would seek him out. Locals would be no issue, but it was likely a Jedi from the Temple tailed him on his way here. A Sith sensing his presence was not out of question either, given the strategic importance of this planet it would be no surprise to find a Sith fleet in nearby space.

The fire of his camp provided welcome warmth as he stretched his eight limbs out on the soft mossy ground. It had been years since he felt earth like this, the metal jungle of Coruscant providing no such refuge. The holocron he'd embezzled from the Temple sat across from him. He could feel it calling to him, it's presence in the force growing stronger as it drew closer to its creator. Dasead knew he was taking a great risk by bowing to the gatekeeper's wishes, but the great cache of knowledge that awaited him was tantalizing. The holocron would only confess the Sith Lord Pelicus was buried on this planet, nothing more. The Archives say he commanded a cult following thousands of years ago, but faded into obscurity after a humiliating kaggath. Dasead promised his long departed master he would never be corrupted by the dark side, but this journey had already put that promise at risk. The piercing stare of the holocron from across the fire did little to calm his fears.

As he slept, visions of an underground labyrinth plagued him. He fought to explore its passages, but a thick mist slowed his movement. He made his way to what appeared to be the mummified corpse of the Sith Lord he's searching for, only to have it reanimate and strike him down with a great flurry of lightning. This awakes him in the waning hour of night, he lay covered in mud as he'd shifted rapidly in his sleep. Dasead stands up and shakes the mud off his fur as his head turns to the sky—

Someone had found him...

(OOC NOTE: This thread is open to the first TWO replies. Even if this thread is a few posts in between Dasead and the first reply, one more can join in!)

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Dasead Merasska Dasead Merasska

Red follows the being, tracking him out of sight. He was sent to track down the one that had misappropriated a holocron from the temple, and he was sent to make sure it was returned. Red had his armor on, along with his helmet. He was sent for his tracking abilities, and his skill in hunting down targets. This man had stolen from the Temple on Coruscant. And so, Red went out, investigating, and gathering intel and clues. He had managed to establish a tail on the target a few days ago, and had been tracking him from a distance since then. Red followed him, watching.

The proximity to Sith territory was concerning. Was he planning to give the holocron to the Sith? Unlikely, as the man had made a camp for fitting for merchants or treasure hunters, not travelers and people on the run. So, his camp was semi-temporary. Interesting. Red followed him through the mountains to his camp. Red sat on a ledge, hidden in the shadows. Red watched as the man relaxed at his camp. Red could see that he was troubled, without using the Force. Red kept his Force presence hidden, as reaching out could alert him.

He watched as the target went to sleep. Red waited many hours after that, in the darkness, watching, and waiting. The target moved a lot in his sleep. Red wondered what was going on in that mind of his. Then, once the fire went out, Red made his move. He jumped off the ledge, landing silently on the ground. He moved across the campsite, towards the holocron. He made no noise, being trained for stealth for a long time. He moved forward, and picked it up. Then, Red noticed the man waking up. The man stood up. "Hey, how's it going?" Red said, already being spotted by the man.

Dasead draws his lightsaber and extends his other five arms in defensive posture. He was not expecting confrontation this early. This man must have been tailing him since Coruscant.

"Back up! Tsk tsk tsk tsk... What is it you seek from me? I am here on official Jedi business"

Had the Jedi sent someone to retrieve the holocorn? Odd, this man did not seem to be a Jedi or Sith... Perhaps he did not know of his force sensitivity? No matter, Dasead would not hesitate to strike him down should he attempt to take the holocron.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Subject 73 Red

Red tilted his head at the Harch. "Official Jedi business? Then why are you here? On this nowhere planet so close to Sith territory? You want to know something funny? I too was sent here on official Jedi business. What a small galaxy. My business is to hunt down a Harch, one that looks like you, that is a Jedi, and that stole a holocron from the Temple on Coruscant." Red told him. Red activated his lightsaber, the orange glow illuminating himself. "So, let me ask you this: why are you here? What do you hope to gain from stealing a holocron, and coming to this planet?" Red asked. Red looked at him. Red could probably take him in a fight, he had been made and trained since birth for fighting and all.

So its true, he has been sent after Dasead. He pauses for a moment, then begins honestly, "I seek to gain knowledge. No Jedi Master would have authorized my taking of the holocron to this place. I only seek to unlock it, then return it to the Temple along with the information I've received. Allow me this, then I return with you and ask those at the Archives for forgiveness."

Subject 73 Red

"And why would I let you do that?" Red asked him. "If no Jedi Master would have allowed you to come here, then it must mean probably something forbidden, or Dark Side." He said. "For all I know, you could be trying to do something relating to the Dark Side." He told him. "Knowledge? What knowledge do you seek? For what?"

"I have access to the Sith holocorns in the Temple, so the knowledge itself is not forbidden. Others would think it do dangerous for me to abide by the wishes of a Sith holocron's gatekeeper, this one wants to be returned to its owner's burial site on this planet. In return, I believe great secrets will be unveiled."

Dasead paused, extending one of his arms out towards the other being before continuing, "I will bring you with me. You stand to share in that knowledge, and another Jedi would be welcomed as I fear resistance."

Subject 73 Red

"And what happens if you return this Sith holocron to its owner, and it turns it out it was a trap and now we have a resurrected Sith?" Red asked. It was a possibility. They didn't know what was going to happen. "Alright, I'll come with you, as to make sure that you don't doom us all." Red told him. He handed the Harch the holocron.

"There. Right, I'm Red. Yep, that's my name."

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Red. Tsk tsk tsk tsk. I'm glad we did not have to resort to violence." Dasead sheathes his lightsaber and begins to inspect the holocron once more. "You'll have to help me find this Sith Lord's burial site, I had visions of a labyrinth in my slumber last evening... We should venture to the nearby village and inquire with the locals, see if they know of such a place."

The sun was now dawning over the mountains as Dasead and his new companion set off. "Conceal your weapons, we don't want to spook them." The village up ahead was quaint, but contained modern buildings and seemed to teem with life as the working day began. While Garel was home to both Humans and Bith, this place seemed home to only the latter. The Sith Lord Pelicus was also Bith, perhaps he once called this place home. "Well Red, you're also attuned to the Force, where does it tell you we start?"

Subject 73 Red

Red turned his lightsaber off and clipped it back onto his utility belt. "Alright. Let's go." Red said, following after him. He took off his helmet and held it under his left arm. His red hair standing out from the colors of the mountains. He followed after Dasead into the village. It was fairly modern, but still with a rural feel. There were quite a lot of Bith around here. Dasead asked Red a question. "Well, I would suggest we start at a local cantina or bar or something like that. Some place where all sorts of different people would come together. Or, we could just go around, asking random people. Can you speak Bith? I can, but if you also can, we could split up." Red told him.

"I would hope at least some of these folks speak basic... I say we split up. I'll ask around the streets and you hit the cantina? Should be an interesting crowd at this hour." The two nod in agreement, "Meet back at this spot if you have anything noteworthy."

Dasead and Red go their separate ways. The streets were starting to fill up with locals as the day began, street vendors put out their wares and people conversed in the street over tea. Dasead felt his surroundings through the force, seeking out any ripples that could lead him to the answers he needs. He starts walking blindly into the town, hoping his mind with guide him somewhere. The locals begin giving him strange looks, but Dasead is sure they've just never seen a Harch before. His species can be quite intimidating at first after all.

After a few minutes of wandering, Dasead stands at the door step of what appears to be an armory. "Never seen one of your kind around here" the storekeeper yelled to him, "Come in, please."

Dasaed ventured in the shop, the walls decorated with an assortment of blasters and vibroblades. "Thank you. Tsk tsk tsk tsk. I'll just be looking around for a moment." Nothing appeared out of the ordinary, but Dasead could feel the presence of the force around him. The Bith behind the counter looked just like any other one he'd seen... Do any of them look different? "Excuse me, do you have any relics for sale in here, something with significance to the history of this place?"

"I may, why do you ask?" The man seemed alarmed at Dasead's inquiry, "And, I may add, who is asking?"

Dasead approach the counter of the shop slowly and said quietly, "I am a Jedi from the Order, and I'm seeking the location of a Sith burial site nearby, your cooperation would be awarded, my friend." The Bith froze a second, "I could smell it on you when you came in" He flipped the counter over, knocking Dasead back towards the doorway, then drew a lightsaber from under his tunic "You have something I want, and no, I'm afraid you won't have my cooperation"

Was it the holocron he wanted? The red tint of his lightsaber all but confirmed his knowledge of Pelicus. Dasead drew his lightsaber in turn, and the two began dueling. The ruckus created could be heard down the street, and a crowd of spectators began to form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom