Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunch of A'holes! (GA Open)

Sullust, Keff Base
Officer Mess
1945hrs, 22nd of 9th Month

The Corellian Amaran sat at the bar still in his flight suit with the Tiburon insigna on the shoulder. There was yellow pipping running down the left pant leg the signified his gallantry by the Corellians when he served in CorSec. The Commando pilot had the night off and found it best to spend it in the mess for the rest of this planet was a gloomy dung heap. He had a shento cigar in one hand and a glass of his favorite, Corellian Spiced Ale. A taste of home, well home what was before the OS had ravaged it.

He would twist about on the stool so that he could see the mess in its entirety. More then not he was looking for any games of chance, if that be with dice or sabacc. He was a gambler, a risk taker but he absolutely loved garnishing fellow officers pay in such a fashion. He was an arrogant victor but he was also a damn good pilot.

Sven puffed on his cigar then took a lock sip of his ale, letting the spiced spirit warm his soul from the inside. In a war torn galaxy one had to enjoy the small things in life at ever chance they got.

Finding work had been hard since red ravens dispersed and became no more, thankfully the galaxy had a wide range of factions to join

So now she was in a bar drinking some ale while observing the scene in front off her

She had no one by her and honestly was beyond bored....yet she could see nothing that would interest her at all

[member="Sven Tolen"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Officers Mess
w [member="Saki lin"] , [member="Sven Tolen"]

Lieutenant Commander Finch walked into the Officers Mess and sniffed the air. Bah! Cigars. He knew it. Finch hated smokers. Dirty habit and that smelled stayed with your uniform for days. So the Old Man immediately eyed the Fox, erm... Amaran thingy person. Heck. He might have even said something had he not noticed all the Corellian propaganda all over the creature. Then he reconsidered. Them folk had enough trouble right about now. He didn't need to bother another Corellian after what had happened to their planet. So Finch let the Amar... Fox-person, be.

Instead he walked up to the far end of the bar and ordered a Pepperjack FlippinYano. One of those Zeltron fru-fru drinks that was supposed to make you live forever. Umm. ...It was probably just cherries mixed with carrot juice to be honest. But I'll be darn sure if it didn't feel good to order one.

"I'll take a Pepperjack FlippinYano. No ice."

"Sir. It doesn't come with ice."

"And no lemon peel either."

"It... Um. It doesn't come with lemon either."

"Your darn right it doesn't! Ha. ...I was just testing ya son. Ya passed."

"Okay. Whatever you say Commander."

The bartender rolled his eyes and Finch nodded with satisfaction. Yep. Boy. How he hated lemons.

Felicity felt so out of place here. Like a bantha in a tauntaun herd. She awkwardly adjusted her uniform, knowing full well how ill-fitting it was. Truth be told, Felicity wasn't really used to this stiff fabric. On Naboo it was always dresses in silks and chiffon. She'd worn a uniform briefly with the Protectorate, but that had really just been a loan during a battle. Hard to be any help to anybody in a dress.

The young blonde woman carried a tray, silent. She had no friends here. Just her Master. And Owain too. That was fine. Felicity was used to keeping people at a distance. She knew better than to trust people right away. How many times had people tried to use her to get to her mother, after all?

She sat down, biting her lip. She had to be careful what she thought. If she started thinking about her mother here, it was all over. She'd start crying and then nobody would take her seriously. Even she couldn't take herself seriously. And she did want to be taken seriously.
Her Master said that The Alliance had their sights on Naboo. That was a cause worth fighting for, in her eyes. The chance to go home. The chance to free her people from the tyranny of the Techno Union. The chance to overthrow the puppet Queen, the woman Felicity had once respected and even admired. The woman her own mother had said so many times would be a great Queen after her. How could she do this to Naboo?

The displaced Princess stabbed at a slice of... some sort of meat. She hadn't bothered to ask what this was. It was eatable. It would sustain her. At least until she could finally go back home.

Sven eyed up the attractive togruta that sat alone further down the bar. The red skin, the athletic build spelled out possible mark for him. The fox was more of a hound, but he lived life fast and dangerous and here was here to enjoy life's pleasures in all that it brought. Never knew if this was your last day amongst the living or not. Mmmhmmm, those tendril! he thought to hemself as he continued to leer at the lonesome woman. Yes, he was a pervy pint sized fur ball. He took another sip of his spiced ale and a puff of his shento cigar, as he plotted an angle of attack that included escape vectors if he crashed and burned on his first fly by.

Then his smoldering black eyes caught the site of Old man Mel. The Lieutenant commander was an odd ball for sure and the young Lieutenant did not know what to make of the senior officer yet. He was hard to get a read on, highly intelligent, tactful but his demeanor and antics always seemed to keep you on your toes. Maybe it was intentional or he was just batpoodoo crazy. For a moment there he thought for sure the crazy old coot was going to come over and sort him out for what ever infraction he could conjure up, even in a officer mess on down time. Sven wouldn't put it past him, especially when it seemed that mel had locked in on him and was about to make a attack run. But few steps into his set up the officer diverted and made way to the bar where the Bartender took the brunt.

That was a close one, almost could of ruined Sven's well earned buzz if he had to deal with Mel. Now, back on target........... Hold up, seemed there was more then just one contact to be had in this mess. A human female with blonde hair also sat a lone at a table eating the day's special of mystery meat. Target rich environment this was, the Corellian Amaran was almost licking his chops at both prospects. Lets leave this up to chance, the fox would pull out a chance cube giving a 50/50 odds to which female beauty he was going approach. Red would be for the togruta and blue will be for the human. With a few shakes of the hand he would let the dice hit the bar's table top.

RED

The amaran smiled to himself, picking the dice up from bar top and focused on the lucky Togruta. "barkeep, git another spiced ale an' waaat ever de bonny lady togruta is drinking" He would command the bartender as he moved in on [member="Saki lin"] . Here goes nothing! Sven would leap up to the seat next to her, placing his shento cigar on the ashtray before extending his four digit hand to greet her. "hi, oi didn't nu dare were bonny angels in dis 'ell 'ole!" He would try and break the ice with his silvery thick accent.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Malcom Finch"] [member="Saki lin"]

She had tossed back a swig og what looked like the stronger stuff she could get, soon aa.......scruffy looking fox? Had sat himself beside her and had struck up a conversation with her

Well depedns on what you call beauty, if a togruta swinging a gun around or flying a ship is beity to you then I'd say you hit gold"she said in a silk voice that would make her seem like the most innocent thing ever...however that was not the case

She shook his hand and smiled"names saki my friend what is yours "she asked with a grin, better to make friends now then later and this little odd fellow seemed friendly

[member="Sven Tolen"][member="Felicity Mason"][member="Malcom Finch"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Should have named this bar The Fox and the Hound. Would have been appropriate right about now. Mel gave a squint to other conversations and looked about the place. The bartender taking his time with his drink.

"Hmm. Quite a few interesting faces around here today. Strange."

He scratched his beard with a scowl. Finally stopping to notice [member="Felicity Mason"] . Now there was a face that seemed out of place. Probably should ask first. Finch turned about and pulled on the Bartender's shoulder,

"Excuse me? Tito right. Mind if I ask you a question, good sir?"

"Um. My names not Tito. It's Terry? How did you even..."

"Excellent! ...Anyway. Who is the foreign lass with the golden hair over there?"

"Uh. Beats me. Never seen her before?"

"Do you think her name is Tito, perhaps?"

"What?"

"Yes. Well. Neither did I."

Mel turned about and scratched his beard. He might just take the time to find out what her name really was. Can't have women named Tito wandering the Officer's Mess, now can we? Oh no. That just wouldn't do.

"Your drink sir. One..."

"I know what's it called darn it. ...Oh, and thank you. You have very supple hands Terry. Well done."

"Oh. Um. Thank you sir? Very kind of you to notice. You know, I've been a bartender for about..."

"I don't care. Blah blah blah. Shut up and goodbye forever."

Finch snapped his fingers and gathered up his carrot juice. He didn't seem in the mood for conversation. At least? Not with Terry anyway. The Old Man spun about and stomped his way over to [member="Felicity Mason"] table. As military as ever,

"Hello there. Busy day. Mind if I join you?"

The blonde looked up at the sound of a mans voice. Great. She was going to have to interact. Mom had been good at interacting with strangers, even her sister Celeste. But Felicity still felt a little... lost. Nervous. Especially here. This felt so much like the Protectorate Military, but still so... different.

"By all means..."

She nodded to the seat across from her, then instantly went back to picking at her meal. Her stomach still felt so unsettled. From the flight here? Maybe. Or perhaps just nerves. She stuck out like a sore thumb. Even her table manners made her stand out. Polite. Too polite. She fiddled with her fingers, trying to make her grip more casual and less formal on her utensils.

This was hopeless. No way she could fit in here.

[member="Malcom Finch"]

This was good so far, he was not shot down right off the hop. Now it was time to butter up the target at hand before pressing the attack. "My name is Sven Tolen" He replied back, raising his glass in cheers to the beautiful togruta before him. The amaran would then press his cup to his lips and polish of the remnant of corellian spiced ale in a single gulp before landing the empty glass on the bar top and gripping its replacement.

"so waaat is juicy togruta doin' in a place loike dis?" He would inquire while at the same time showering the red woman with praise. Same tactic one uses ion weapons against shields.

[member="Felicity Mason"] [member="Malcom Finch"] [member="Saki lin"]

She grinned at him and smiled, she took a sip of hers as the bartender sat another rdown

Me well I'm not on the job and got nothing better to do then drink some ale and see what'll happen"she was a hard nut to crack, not that she didn't like the praise just she wasn't one you could pick up instantly....she'd make you work for you to get her

And what is a fine...my apologies what is your species again"truly she had barely even heard of such species

[member="Sven Tolen"][member="Felicity Mason"][member="Malcom Finch"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Mel nodded to himself and sat down at the table with [member="Felicity Mason"] . He took a sip of his carrot juice and leaned back in his chair. Guess he'd start.

"I'm Finch. Some people call me Mel. What's your name?"

He was about to go on about how foreign and out of place the woman seemed. But something told him she probably couldn't take that much honest in one sitting. He'd have to take this slow. Tease out the information from her. Let her be in charge. Set the rhythm. That sort of thing. If the Old Man came down too hard with his hellos she'd likely pitch and run. Poor thing. Just look at her. Bah. He wanted to just lean over and give her a cellphone to snuggle with, and tell her that everything would all be alright. Yep. His, never-been-a-father, instincts were kicking in. Kids love that stuff.

[member="Felicity Mason"]

The blonde poked at the mystery meat once more. Ugh... did it just move? No, no. That was just her imagination. Of course it was. Had to be. She set her fork down with a sigh. Well, just in case it wasn't her imagination, perhaps she should stick with the vegetarian option next time instead? Vegetables couldn't move.

"Felicity," she answered with some reluctance, "Felicity Ma- err, Barnabus."

Yes. That was close enough. In truth, she'd only taken her husbands name as a hyphenated thing, keeping her birth name as well. But Mason was too well known. Last thing she needed was to attract too much attention.

[member="Malcom Finch"]

A man in his thirties walk through the door of the bar, he wore a black suite with a red under shirt his hair was slick back his face showed some sign of a beard. His blue eyes scan the room assessing place for a spot to sit and to see who was there, it didn't seem there was a lot of people here but it was the way he liked it crowds made him.. a little uncomfortable. Ric-Xana, or Ric for short sigh as he walk over to the empty seat at the bar it had been a long day for him running around getting his army uniform then signing documents.. listing to lectures then signing more documents... then signing another round of documents, it was enough to make one mad if Ric see another piece of paper again.. well he wasn't sure what he would do he was just to tired to think of something at the moment.

Making a quick glance at the menu Ric motion the bartender over.

"Corellian red, keep it coming until I say 'stop' or until I pass out"

Ric ignore the odd look the bartender gave with a small wave of his hand. I had been a while since he been in a bar.. it wasn't that he didn't like them he just didn't have time to himself to enjoy a few drinks. But now that he was here he was bloody well going to enjoy it until he can't stand it any more.. or until he pass and wake up the next day not able to remember what happen the previous night.. which ever was first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom