Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Built to Last

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: NJO Temple, Coruscant |
| TAG: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el |

When it came to a lot of things, droids were often at a disadvantage, especially when one was something as lowly as an astromech. Like the rest of his line, BB-610 was built to repair starships and calculate hyperspace jumps, and that was where his strengths ceased in the eyes of the galaxy. BB-610 had grown to be something far greater than just a little astromech, however, with his increasingly frequent scuffles amidst battles and brawls and the countless times he'd found himself knee-deep in enemy territory, he'd witnessed things none of his line were ever designed to experience. Truthfully, he was proud of himself for how far he'd come, but even with everything that he'd been through, all the danger he'd put himself in and all the impressive feats he'd accomplished, there was one thing that BB-610 sadly didn't have.

Rocket boosters!

He'd always been thankful that he was a BB-unit, as he couldn't possibly imagine life as sluggishly slow as an R-series droid, but he had to hand it to his boxier counterparts when it came to thrusters. The war against the Mandalorians raged ever fiercer, and the astromech knew that he would need to prove more resourceful in battles, so he'd planned on installing some upgrades to his chassis. Luckily, one of his friends just so happened to be a skilled mechanic, so BB-610 had taken a trip to the Jedi Temple in search for him, hoping to find him in the hangar bay, as the droid often did with him and his brother. He landed his Delta-7B, parked alongside a myriad of other starfighters, before dropping himself out of its astromech slot and rolling forward, photoreceptors keeping a keen eye out for anybody with blond-- Aha!

He'd lucked out, spotting Jasper as the droid sped over to him, chirping happily in greeting. BB-610 pressed the flat of his head against the man's leg, nuzzling affectionately before pulling away and wobbling excitedly. BB-610 bweeped, saying that it was good to see him, with another soft string of binary asking the Jedi how he's been.

GADividerBlue.png

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: BB-610 BB-610

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

BB-610 pressed the flat of his head against the man's leg, nuzzling affectionately before pulling away and wobbling excitedly. BB-610 bweeped, saying that it was good to see him, with another soft string of binary asking the Jedi how he's been.

"Oh, hey there buddy," Jasper remarked, giving a warm smile as he looked down at a newly arrived friend. "It's good to see you too. I've... been worse. Actually not busy for once, so that pretty sweet."

The knight crouched down to the little droid's level, sitting on the floor and crossing his legs. He seemed to have a few more scratches on his chassi, no doubt from service in the war, but he was just as well polished as the last time they had met. For all the trouble that BB had been through, it was nice to know that he was being cared for well by the Noble family.

"Well, what's the occasion?" he asked with a grin. "Just come to chat, or are you looking for some tech? I've been tinkering with some new stuff I recieved, prototyping some gear for the Jedi Order. Trying to get back into the swing of inventing, y'know? I'm open for suggestions if you have any."

A personal energy shield was on his mind currently, something that could give protection against a flamethrower for a couple minutes in a pinch. All in due time, of course.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

BB-610 beamed, a happy series of beeps announcing his joy that his friend was doing okay. It was always nice to see him, and knowing just how busy Jasper's schedule could get amidst the slew of his own projects and the responsibilities of being a Jedi, all that the droid could ask for was that life had been kind to him. They all certainly needed it now more than ever.

"Just come to chat, or are you looking for some tech?"

The astromech perked up, nodding in response. He bweeped, stating that he had some upgrade ideas in mind, and that he couldn't think of anybody as cool as Jasper to pitch them to. BB-610 rolled a few steps back, with his holoprojector blinking online to display some custom made schematics. The schematics, of course, were a poorly drawn depiction of himself with squiggly lines and big bursts of blue coming out of what could only look to be circles on his body, followed by arrows pointing to them and 'ROCKET BOOS TS' written crudely above them.

BB-610 bweeped, saying that he'd wanted some extra mobility to keep up with everybody, adding that he's going to need even harder against the Mandalorians. Big plans for such a small little guy, but BB-610 had always pushed the envelope for what an astromech was capable of. He glanced back to the Jedi, chirping softly as he asked if that was something Jasper was capable of, before clarifying that it wasn't a big deal if he couldn't. The last thing he wanted was Jasper to feel bad.

GADividerBlue.png

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: BB-610 BB-610

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

'ROCKET BOOS TS'

"Now that's something interesting," Jasper noted with a grin. "Don't worry about a thing. Give me a little time and I can figure that out. Let's see now..."

The man stood, using his organic finger to roughly measure the diameter of Bee before continuing his line of thought. Most astromechs of his make and model had extra interior space that was allocated for upgrades, something that he could very easily take advantage of. It was only a matter of where to place the thrusters.

"If I was to install thrusters, I'd say the best bet is in a ring around the center of the chassis," he explained. "You have a ring of pockets for after-market instalations that we can take advantage of to distance them out so that you can still make use of these thrusters and rieorient them in the air. I'd say you'd want about... eight."

He scratched his scruff as he continued to think.

"Lets go see what parts I have," the knight decided, "See if we can't find something that's a good fit."

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

BB-610 was practically lighting up as he listened, marvelling in childlike wonder. He could already picture it-- soaring through the air, as graceful as an X-wing as he ducked and twirled with the skill of an action hero. The reality of it would undoubtedly be a lot tamer than that, but the droid was ecstatic nonetheless; he'd never received many upgrades, and thrusters were a huge dream of his. His cable launchers had served the droid well in navigating trickier terrain, but streamlined vertical mobility could never be beat.

The astromech whistled in awe, nodding along. His motors whirring, he began to follow after Jasper, humming a pleasant little tune to himself as they did - he could barely hold back his excitement.

The droid bweeped, asking Jasper how long he thought it would take. BB-610 was in no hurry, he merely wished to know for knowing's sake. All the more time to better bond with his friend.

GADividerBlue.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom