Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buildings and Bridges [Joza][Aver]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Doctor Rashad unwrapped the bandages from Fiolette's eyes, weeks had gone since Bakura and the doctor was confident now that the admiral-turned-executive's vision had been restored. The infirmary on the Fleetwood was quiet, it hummed with a dull light to help the blonde adjust to her eyesight once more.

Fiolette wasn't quite sure what would happen, but she felt the bandages go. Next, she felt the Doctor's hand on her eyes, wiping away crust and anything else that had formed while the bandages had been applied. "Alright, Fiolette, open your eyes." Doctor Rashad's soft spoken voice broke through any thoughts she had, and she did as instructed. First she squeezed her eyes and then let them open. There was a flutter of movement of course, even with dull light it seemed to make them ache.

And then her hand gripped the bed, her vision had not only been restored but it seemed that her implants were working. Hi-Sense vision, enabling the blonde to see electrical interfaces, nodes, and even bits of code if she were to concentrate at any particular console. It was all a mess to her right now and she shut her eyes again and then opened and took a deep breath. "Here, look at me." Doctor Rashad instructed, "good, let me see, okay look over here and now this way. Great." The doctor was testing her sight, standard procedure, "now can you tell me where the nodes for this bed are?"

"There," Fiolette replied and canted her head, "wait."

Her vision 'zoomed' the implants cameras adjusted, "yes, there." She confirmed and then shifted her head abck upright and the vision returned to 'standard' range.

"You'll be able to do that without tilting soon enough, but for now, here." Doctor Rashad gave Fiolette an injection. "This will help you adjust and keep everything a bit darker than usual. We've programmed the implants to let your natural eye colour stay so look here."

Rashad handed Fiolette a mirror. "How does that look?"

Fiolette's eyes looked just about the same and you almost couldn't tell she had an implant with the exception of the small thin lines that weren't natural. The medication that Rashad had injected coursed through her body until it reached her eyes. Her azure colour turned a vibrant blue before calming into its normal sea of colour. The amount of electrical nodes that she could see diminished. "Good, and um thanks." She said for both the injection and the implants.

"You're welcome."

"Ma'am, your appointment with [member="Joza Perl"]."

The blonde put a hand in the air and slowly edged off the bed. Rashad was quick to grab Fiolette's walking stick and placed it beneath the palm of her hand. The burned FIV RAE SLOANE could be see as she took it step by step to the door. Petrovsky helped her to the lift and to her personal quarters, the lights were darker here or maybe it was the injection, she couldn't tell. Her suit had been laid out and Petrovsky excused himself so that she could get dressed.

------------------

Port Tiberius, Neutral Space

Dressed in a black suit and tie, Fiolette with walking stick in hand crossed the rather empty rotunda. Officially the station wasn't open and was still underconstruction. Unofficially she was nearly complete, and all that was left was for Fiolette to seek investors to open up shops and stores. Real estate to open apartments, condos and even hotel suites. Tiberius wasn't meant to be the most luxurious station but rather a working one but more importantly it would serve as a home port for Primo Victorian, an Independent Shipwright Company. The new logo was on the main column that ran throughout the station.

There was a bit of a corporate feel to it all, even the leisure portions of the station felt clean and upscale. The lights were turned down for the blonde as she walked through. Shoulders back, head held high as if the walking stick was there out of accessory and not necessity. Her vision could still pick out electrical lines beneath her feet and the nodes in the walls. She had to squeeze her eyes at least twice to get it to go away and assured herself that she'd get used to it all in due time. "Miss Perl," Fiolette greeted, "welcome to Port Tiberius, pardon our dust we're still under construction, please right this way. "Ryuusei is one of the finer restaurants, founded by an Atrisian who made it quite big in Sor Yusan before he opened up a place on Bespin, and now if I recall he's looking to open up on Kwenn Station and maybe Commenor."

Port Tiberius for Miss Perl would be brighter in lightning, welcoming, warm colors had been chosen for this purpose. The color scheme had been selected to encourage someone to stay, to buy a drink or two. Ryuusei's sat across from a place that had been reserved for a Transgalactic Restaurant, between them construction on a Bistro was underway. The Culinary Curve is what this portion was referred to with two docks reserved for importing and exporting of produce and foodstuffs. A market between the Culinary Curve and the Food Place allowed what would eventually be the citizens of Port Tiberius to purchase their own wares.

Above the Culinary Curve it was evident that it had been reserved for cafes, newsstands, small antique stores and shops. Someone clearly wanted to cultivate an old world feel right there in Port Tiberius. The blonde looked over at her associate with a pleasant smile, in her mind she matched the woman with one she had seen at the ORC Station not too long ago. How could she forget these emerald eyes?

"How were your travels? I take it you found us alright?"

[member="Aver Brand"]

After accruing a certain amount of wealth, many rich people liked to avail themselves of personal chauffeurs. It was comfortable. Convenient. You could sip your expensive wine and smoke your expensive cigarra while lounging on your expensive Drexl-leather cushions, driven from one meeting to the next by some well-paid sorry sod.

Dren Var Nabba did not ascribe to this philosophy. Neither did she arrive in a speeder limo – she emerged instead from an inconspicuous model that had doubtless seen better days.

Her suit did not reek of money with that new-car kind of smell. She’d been awash with credits for long enough that the desire to flaunt them had passed, if she’d ever really experienced it. The bespoke jacket barely shifted as she moved to inspect the future Transgalactic Cuisinehttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/115288-transgalactic-cuisine/ property with a critical eye. The meeting at Ryuusei’s wasn’t for another few minutes, and so the executive took her time – walked the halls, pulled the construction supervisor aside, the works.

Food was as important a part of this business as the contracts closed in the secure backrooms present in every TC establishment. Var Nabba took it seriously, and, as a consequence, so did everyone else below her in the pecking order.

Which is to say, everyone.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Joza Perl"]

Lately Joza had been sending Heartbeat representatives to most of her business meetings. While the Zeltron liked her industry, talk was getting boring. She wanted to return to her craft, return to the grit of the Outer Rim.

Today she’d made an exception when meeting with [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]. She and the blonde had only exchanged a passing glance in the cantina, but it seemed to be enough to spark their respective curiosities. A few messages discussing business propositions later, a date was set.

A meeting date, of course.

“Miss Yvarro.” She returned warmly. “Thank you for inviting me.” A pause as she gave the other woman an obvious once over. “Sharp suit, love the cut of it. Wouldn’t have done it any better myself, no.” A wink to punctuate that remark. For her part, the Zeltron wore carefully chosen business attire consisting of a blazer, undershirt and pencil skirt accented with bold jewelry and a pair of expensive heels.

She followed the blonde through the station and over to the Culinary Curve, admiring the warmth of the décor as she went. The little shops were pleasing to the eye, and upon closer inspection had quite the variance. It instinctively put her a bit more at ease given that Joza had been brought up in an urban area. “Smooth and uneventful. No trouble at all.” She affirmed. “I like what I’ve seen so far, as well. Port Tiberius is lovely.”

Cue the toothy smile.

[member="Aver Brand"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette gave Joza a quiet, reassuring smile, one that read that she had been pleased with the news. Her voice echoed the same sentiment, "good, and thank you." It was softer on the edges the slow of a quiet Avalonian slant against the Galidraani accent. "And it was my pleasure," an azure gaze had yet to leave emerald orbs her walking stick met the deck with a faithful tip-tap-tap. Electrical nodes and lines marked where she was walking, she would have to get used to it. When the former grand admiral turned her attention away they were well within Ryuusei's walls. Earth tones and colors made the upscale restaurant feel homely to most humans and humanoids workers were still adjusting tables making sure that the furniture could accommodate any patron.

The blonde finally had a chance to look the Zeltron over, "and perhaps when we're done we can exchange tailors, one can never have too many suits." She gestured to a table in the corner before you reached the back. Fiolette let her walking stick lean against the table and made sure to turn the FIV RAE SLOANE outward and it seemed like a habit of hers as she finally sat down. A waiter looked no more than sixteen galactic standard years, "your menus, can I start you off with something to drink?"

"Nori Soju, and water, please."

The young man who looked to be half-Zabrak if his small horns and skin pattern were any indications turned his attention to the Zeltron. He offered a polite smile and took down her order and darted off for the back.

"Let me say that I am absolutely thrilled that you've agreed to meet with me, Miss Perl." Fiolette began and once more the piercing gaze of azure coloured eyes poured into emerald. "And I appreciate your compliments, truly, but now I understand that you have a medical fleet is that correct?"

Meanwhile, around the Culinary Curve, some of Fiolette's personal staff could be heard. Shed Donnager for one, "at least the market's set up, I can resupply while I'm here. Get a chance to check out the Namurito? A little place on the second level serves some sorta noodle dish in a wrap." The voices of Vie and Kaffryn weren't too far behind the girls engaged with him and said something about peeling off to see the repair facilities. And then the all too-cheerful voice of Sven Petrovsky which forced the trio to disperse.

"Was it something I said?"

"Hardly, sir, hardly." Dansen the droid remarked with a near deadpanned tone.

[member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Aver Brand"]

“Shall we go ahead with the interiors then, ma’am?”

She nodded, raising her gaze from her datalogger with slight delay. “Sure. Keep my assistant updated.”

“Certainly, ma’am. We estimate the restaurant will be ready for a premiere opening in a month.” The supervisor consulted a datapad of his own, “I’ll nail down an exact date once we start furnishing the premises.”

“Sounds good, Tygens.”

Leaving the Neimoidian to his work, the executive pushed past the ‘under construction’ tape and emerged once more to the bustle of the Culinary Curve. A droid passed her on her way across to Ryuusei’s – she afforded the place a critical once-over, hands leisurely stuck in her pockets.

Var Nabba wondered, briefly, how much it’d cost to buy the restaurant out. With a shrug she typed off a quick message to Teheron as she stepped inside, squaring her icy gaze at the maître d’.

“Do you have a reservation, Madam…?”

“Invitation,” she corrected with a smooth Coruscanti lilt. “Var Nabba – I have a meeting with Miss Yvarro at nine.”

“Miss Yvarro?” The human parroted, shifting on the spot. His voice sounded a little tight as he met her cool smile with a blank expression.

She arched a dark brow. “Is there a problem?”

His chin twitched as he suppressed the urge to glance over his shoulder. She caught the action and lifted her gaze to the back of the room. Her smile split wider.

“I see. We’ll figure it out, don’t worry.” She patted his hand and left him squeezing a credit chit as she moved towards [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] and her Zeltron associate. Unhurried, the woman picked her way through the vacant tables until she came to a stop beside the pair.

“Normally, I’d say you’re in my seat, but—” she grabbed a nearby chair and set it down between the two, “guess I can make an exception this once.”

The executive undid the two buttons of her jacket as she joined them at the table, unconcerned. She offered her hand to [member="Joza Perl"] as she traced an icy gaze over the blazer-and-skirt ensemble.

“Dren Var Nabba, Comet Industries.”

“Deltron spice wine, please.” A drink a little too potent for the day time but a second liver did wonders when it came to alcohol metabolism.

The Zeltron smiled warmly. “I’m equally as thrilled for your invitation. You have quite the reputation as a shipwright.” Joza had her hands in many projects, but ship building was not her strength. Heck, her piloting skills left quite a bit to be desired despite the Silver Jedi’s best efforts to teach her. Let’s just say that if the Jedi based advancement on the ability to fly, she’d have been kicked out of the Order a long time ago.

“I do have a medical fleet. It’s rather small at the moment, something I’d like to change. Most of the ships I have are rather bare bones in terms of anything but medical ability—and with the galaxy embroiled in war, even medical fleets can’t be too careful.”

A figure came to rest at the side of the table. Joza’s head shifted to the side to take in the sight of a tall woman with sharp, pretty features and dark hair. The Zeltron smiled politely as the other woman made herself comfortable, pulling up a chair to join the conversation.

“I’m glad.” She mused in good nature. “Joza Perl, Heartbeat House. It’s nice to meet you, Ms. Var Nabba.” Joza took the proffered hand for a firm shake. "Will you be joining us for a meal?"

Unexpected, but Zeltrons liked surprises.

[member="Aver Brand"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
If Fiolette was surprised she didn't show it. Although she made a note to pull Petrovsky through the ringer later, instead she told the waiter to take [member="Aver Brand"]'s order and had to think if anything in this particular conversation was going to have to wait. "She will, in fact, Comet Industries may have a few items that could suit your interests, Miss Perl." While they had introduced each other she looked over at Dren and then flicked her gaze back to the Zeltron. "My sincerest apologies for not informing you earlier must have slipped my mind. I understand completely where you're coming from having just recently revised the First Order's medical fleet I would be more than happy to help you with your fleet."

"Speaking of fleets, I trust your new ships have met your satisfaction?" The Galidraani turned her attention to the Firrerreo with an interest. It was a brief look but once she had her answer. A swirl of her finger atop of the glass, the blonde shifted in her seat and looked back at the Zeltron. Just as the waiter returned with Dren's order and then informed the trio that the chef had prepared a special treat - samplings of Ryuusei's menu.

"That would be splendid, thank you."

"And actually, Miss Perl I do have some space free on the other end of the station if you wanted to take a look and see if this would be a suitable location for one of your, houses." Fiolette didn't mince words or her intention, "the station while parked now between Lothal and Thakwaa will be traveling to Yavin IV fairly soon." Once they had completed the research near Kal'Shebbol for her third-generation fusion drive. While she let the other woman think on an answer she motioned for the waiter to return but gave him a different order, one he was quick to return with.

The infamous datapad, he handed it to her and she put a credit chit into his pocket and sent him away. The first round of samples were on their way out before Fiolette could say much more. Delicate offerings of sushi carefully sliced, rice was native to Yalara which held a lot more in the way of flavor and wasn't nearly as puffy as other kinds of rice. Small in grain it stuck together very well. The otherwise vacant restaurant held its collective breath to wait for the approval or disapproval of the three ladies - all of whom could most likely make or break the place before they even opened.

Fiolette gave her own approval by writing down her thoughts on the datapad, she washed it down with a small sip of Soju. "Could use just a little more salt but then again, I'm former military so. Everything is usually drowned in salt." A small smile, "waiter," she called over, "can you bring me a little Whiskey, not Corellian but... Coveway Number 4." She looked at the food and then between the two ladies, "actually, you know - the fun part about owning a station."

"I can have my personal speeder here in two minutes, what do you two say to a little personal tour?"

[member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Aver Brand"]

Miss Yvarro talked. Miss Perl returned the firm handshake. Miss Var Nabba grinned, full of teeth, and settled back in her chair.

“I’m sure we do, and I’m sure it can wait,” she agreed before turning to consult the waiter while the two women resumed their dealings. That was not to say that she wasn’t listening in – she simply kept her lips busy with a drink.

Compared to their last shared meal, Dren comported herself with the pinnacle of table manners, down to the cutlery used. Crude by choice, she’d always said, and this was neither the time nor the place.

Dabbing at her satisfied smile with a napkin of fine golden thread, Var Nabba directed her blue gaze to Fiolette again. To someone as perceptive as a Zeltron, the unspoken exchange between the pair would not go unnoticed. “Could we ever say anything but yes?”

So she stood, the motion as smooth as the contralto of her voice, and offered each a gracious, open palm. As far as she was concerned, there were only two ladies at the table – Dren was just Aver, putting on airs in the service of greed.

But what was a little manipulation between business partners?

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"] | [member="Joza Perl"]

“No worries, Miss Yvarro.” Joza shifted the stem of her glass in small, circular motions that caused the spiced wine to stir itself gently. Her eyes slid kindly over to Miss Var Nabba. “The more the merrier.”

She raise the glass to her lips and took a slow sip in thought. “Heartbeat is always looking for opportunities to expand. I’d be delighted to take a look.” She’d probably pull out a datapad at some point and start taking notes but for now she was content to enjoy the company and food. The Zeltron was never one to turn down a nice meal, especially not one during a business meeting. The best way to keep her in an amicable state was to feed her.

The sushi was sampled with grace and refined manners followed with a light hum of contentment. Though she certainly enjoyed the finer things in life, deep down Joza was still that dancer who’d been brought up on the seedy underbelly of Zeltros. She’d snapped at clients, preyed on new blood and swiped a few extra credits when she thought she could get away with it. She didn’t need to life that life anymore, in fact she’d worked herself to the top of the night life entertainment industry to prove something to herself.

A scarlet brow arched just a hair at the small, nearly imperceptible visual exchange between the two women.

Was it just her, or were there pheromones in the air?

“Certainly. I’d love to see all that you have to offer.” A faint, half-cocked smile tilted her lips as she placed one hand in Miss Var Nabba’s outstretched palm.

She finished off the last of her wine in one quick, fluid sip.

[member="Aver Brand"] | [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Once Fiolette to Dren's hand she looked over at her walking stick and had to make a quick decision. Not wanting to risk the consequences of being without it she made a small move to take it. The tip tapped against the ground and as she returned to Dren, the Galidraani gave her a small wink before leading the other two out of Ryuusei where a sleek speeder presented itself the doors moved up and the steps came down. The gentlewoman allowed her guests to get in first before she climbed aboard, "we have the luxury of privacy, Port Tiberius isn't open there are no other people here aside from ourselves and perhaps a few staff from the various businesses but other than that - we're on our own."

The speeder was preprogrammed with a few set destinations, "entertainment sector." Fiolette ordered as she sat with her back flush against the fabric arms out on the top of the seat, her walking stick was placed in its very own holder. As the speeder pulled away from Ryuusei an automated bar revealed itself to the guests just as the lights of the station danced off the tinted windows. From the warm welcoming feel of Culinary Curve they were taken to a track that left a lot to be desired but one could see placeholders where advertisements were meant to bounce off passing traffic. The speeder connected with 'Port Tiberius Radio' which let the sound of music and updates to the station flood in, as well as a news update of the ongoings in the galaxy.

A slight left turn as the speeder curved around, "please help yourself, this mixer can create any drink I think." She also took the liberty of lifting mixes from across the galaxy, "unless one of you would like to try and break it." The bland lights turned into neon lights and, "welcome to Port Tiberius."

This was the real money maker, nightclubs, cantinas, and whatever sin that one could 'legally' indulge in. If one end of the station was meant to be corporate, meant to make you feel warm and welcomed. This end made you feel as if you could let yourself go, indulge - it's okay, trust in yourself. "Now I don't actually have anyone to run this end, well - not true, plenty of the hopefuls here would love to run this sector but given that I've not sold some of the bigger pieces yet..." Her eyes went to [member="Joza Perl"] and then [member="Aver Brand"], "let's just say it's up for grabs."

As the speeder moved to the nearest landing pad, all you could see were lights and maybe one or two lone owners but they were it. "Here we go."

There was a time when she’d crack open a bottle of rum while she was supposed to be conquering a space station. There was a time when she’d then polish off that bottle alongside another soldier, swapping stories and nursing the coming hangover with the zeal they usually put in cutting down their many enemies.

And kark if that time wasn’t near-on three decades ago now.

Miss Var Nabba had learned since then, and avoided drinking on the job with a polite wave of the hand. She could always partake after this little trip was concluded.

“I could be interested,” the executive replied with an easy smile. She stepped out of the speeder and held her hand out for [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] and [member="Joza Perl"].

The act continues.

Soon as she’d played the part, Aver reached into her suit to light herself a Black labelhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/115437-nadir-black-label/. With blue smoke crawling through her sharp grin, she offered her companions the same. “Smoke?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom