Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building An Alliance (Rebel/Republic)

Kodiak Mosthal

K
Kodiak was inside the new base constructed on Mustafar. It was large indeed. The new force in the galaxy was still recruiting but they had enough to fill almost half the base. Kodiak walked down the hallway towards The War Room. He was dressed different, casual. He was meeting with the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic to discuss a alliance. All he wanted was some trading done, a full scale alliance would be nice though.

The War Room was a large circular room. The walls were covered with monitors, all showing information on each faction. In the center was a large round table that showed the galaxy map and the faction locations. He pressed a button and the Supreme Chancellor was in front of him by hologram. "Chancellor, it is a honor to finally meet you."

Darren was in the War room activating the Hologram system when he activated it the Chancellor of the Republic appeard on the screen. He was wearing his Battle armor with cloak and hood. Although the hood was down, Darren had his helmet off to show that he would come off as accepting. General Kodiak walked in general apperal as if on cue and compliment on meeting the Chancellor. Darren moved over from where he was and stood next to Kodiak. Darren would wait untill he was adressed by eather of the two leaders.

(As I made clear to Kodiak, everything that happens in this thread is strictly in character! Don't take what Aurelia says as my OOC feelings....)

Aurelia was a busy woman; Chancellor of a growing Republic, and someone stuck with trying to meld hundreds of star systems into a vaguely unified whole. Thus, she felt that she had little time for every minor potentate, warlord or whatever riff-raff demanded her attention. Still, she had agreed to this meeting and so she intended to appear. However, she did not rush, and thus she appeared in the projector's screen a good quarter hour after the allotted time. The more important you were, the later you should arrive, to make it clear that THEY were waiting for YOU.

"General, I am sure the feeling is mutual," Aurelia said with a hint of sourness. "Since we have called this meeting, do tell me what it is you wish to discuss."

Kodiak Mosthal

K
Kodiak cleared his throat. "Yes ma'am. As you know we are a new addition to the galaxy. The Rebel Alliance. We seek... similar goals. We want the Empire gone. That is why you are here. I am a simple man. One who doesn't need armies of men or weapons. I fight with a skill few possess. Psychological Yes the sith have the force but I fight using mind tricks and abstract tactics few enemies can survive. I have asked you here to form a simple trade agreement. My friend here will explain." Kodiak turned the floor over to Darren. He knew Darren would explain a similar idea he had, they discussed it beforehand.

[OCC: I understand completely. I share the same thing in mind]

Darren listened to the conversation that was going on between the leaders. it was intresting how even though they were both against the Sith that they would still act some what like foes. When he heard "...My friend here will explain." Darren knew that he was refering to and then stepped foward saying. "Chancellor, We are wanting a simple trade of Goods, suplise, and Weapons to use against the Sith. We would like simple conditions in order to receve these necestites for a rebelion. We, the New Rebel Alliance, would Give you Intel, Training for your troops, and an ammount of credits that can be agreed upon." Darren knew that Intel would pay for a high price against the Sith and the training is always needed.

Darren was half tempeted to turn around and look at Kodiak, but thought better of it and stood up straight. impling that he was going with what he said. Darren was nurvous that the Trade wouldnt go through. It would be as if the Rebels would be left in the Dark without lights. "It has to go though." he thought to himself.

Aurelia listened to the two men's comments in silence.
"I see," she said after a moment. "If I understand correctly, you are asking me to recognise your organisation as a legitimate governing body. Now, I have no problems with this in theory, as I am in favour of self determination and the rule of law. However, I must ask the pressing question; who or what are you rebelling from? Your group's name is 'The New Rebel Alliance', which implies that you are trying to overthrow something...the Sith possibly? The historical Rebel Alliance was founded to restore the Republic...which as you can tell is not necessary as we are most definitely restored."

"You are determined to fight the Sith Empire. For that I cannot blame you, but I am not sure how one even as skilled as your General can attempt to overthrown an Empire with just abstract tactics and mind tricks. Still, if you are determined to fight them we are not opposed to this. We will offer you a subsidy so long as you confine your aggressive actions on the Sith, and not our allies or us. Were that to happen we would be most...displeased. As to your remaining offers, I will wait and see what happens before committing myself further...or the Republic. Should you appear capable of winning I will consider recognising you. Until then...it is down to you. Succeed and your cause will be justified, fail and you will be cast aside by the galaxy."

Darren listened to the words of the Chancellor. He completely understod what she was saying. They had to prove their power, leadership power, for them to be training the Republic. Darren then went in to explaining what the New Rebel Alliance was about. To emphsize that he was being treu to his word, Darren took off his helmet. Exposing his fair skin, white unkept hair. but what made it all the better was that he was showing that he thought that he could trust the Republic enough to show his true face.

"We are an alliance of castaways, disdants, and outlaws. Who have formed together to fight a common foe, The Sith. I will use my History as a back ground to explain to you about who we are. I was born on Korraban, The Sith captiol planet, where i was traiend under the Empire to be a Soldier. I found out about my Force senctivty and was further trained as a Sith. I did not agree with their beliefs and there for left. I joined the Jedi to better myself My last test was to find a Sith that had been causing some trouble. I had found the Sith and came to find out that it was my Father. I had to kill him. and I learned that Jedi valued Duty over Family. I left shortly after, and finding myself alone. This Rebel Alliance is for thoes who do not find a home, a Sanctuary, for themselfs who do not believe in ether of the Sith or the Jedi. We are going after the most known foe. which happens to be the Sith. You are in a war with the Sith, and we see you as potental allies. Therefore we would like a strictly trade only alliance. We can prove ourselfs if we were to have a joint battle against an common opposition. I have contacts With in the Sith empire that would give me Intel on trading, transports, and things of such merrit. If you were agree with General Kodiak and I on this event we will follow through with the terms."

Darren knew that what he said was lengthy but it was worth the time spent. He place his helmet on the dash of the console so he wouldnt have to hold it, and folded his hands behind his back to show that he was formal. Darren hope that they would understand more of the Rebels that have collected over a short period of time.

Kodiak Mosthal

K
Kodiak listened to the two as he paced around the room. Once Darren finished his statement, he stepped forward. "I also have past with the Sith. One I wish would disappear But they also have... advances. Technology and wisdom that could greatly improve the Republic They are well stronger then you and one of these days they will prove it. Until then, they will take down the Mandalorians and the smaller governments. That is why we are here. We need each other. I know more about the sith then anyone of your Republic members know. Trust me. I can promise the demise of the Sith Empire."

Let them go and play with the Sith and see how they like it. Better them than us, she thought.

Outwardly she smiled. "Of course, my friends. The Sith is a threat to all who like the rule of law, justice and peace. They are a society of warmongers, cowards to the core, who strike at those who cannot resist. We are happy to recognise any who strike a telling blow against their tyranny. However, the expansion of the Republic and the need to bring law and order to the worlds we administer means we do not have direct military support to aid you with. However we can offer a war subsidy of four million credits each month for you to purchase supplies, weapons and so on. Plus, for each notable success against the Sith we will pay you a bonus fee depending on your level of success. We will also pay a fair price for any intel and other information you may have on the Sith. Knowledge is power, after all."
"Furthermore I will allow Republic citizens to trade in areas you control, though those citizens remain under Republic protection while they do so."

She smiled to her new 'friends'. Essentially she was paying them to fight a proxy war against the enemy without actually coming out and committing Republic troops to the fight.

Kodiak Mosthal

K
Kodiak thought about it. "Then we have a agreement?"

Kodiak knew that this success would help jump-start the Rebellion. He needed this or else the new order would collapse on itself.

Darren was agreeing with the Republic. They always tried to make the ones they cared about safe. and so he asked one question "I agree with you, But i have only one question. What if we have suspsion of them breaking one of our laws? Would they be granted full protection from the Republic, or would we and or you judge them on what had taken place?" Darren didnt want people from the republic comming to trade with them and act as if they own the place. and break their laws just because they have protection from their employer.

"If any citizen of the Republic is accused of committing a crime in your territory they will be brought before our special representative, who will adjudicate - after consultation with you of course - on whether they will be tried in our courts or yours. You have to understand that trade is very important to the Republic, and we cannot have that necessity interfered with for any reason."

"We have a deal then, I trust? Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

Darren was happy to get that out of the way. He wanted to make sure that there were not left hanging in the free air. "I have nothing more to say. I believe that we are at an agreement." Darren turned toward Kodiak to see if he had anything to say about the agreement.

Remembering to the past when he first took on Rheelynd as an apprentice. Darren Onyx talked to him about overthrowing the Sith empire. And now Darren Shaw had made a Rebel Alliance with some help to attack the Sith. He didnt know what else would happen other than wanting to take the Sith down. He needed to save his mother still. After all he had made the Sith blade, but since making it he felt more darker since making it. He all of a sudden hated white colors. He saw himself Wearing more black clothing when he was not wearing his armor.

Darren popped back in to the present time. He walked over and grabbed his helmet to put it back on. Darren folded his somewhat long hair back so twhen he put his helmet on it would rip his hairs out. he fassened the the straps on his helmet to secure the helm on his head and armor.

Kodiak Mosthal

K
Kodiak gave a grin of satisfaction. "We have a deal. We will start transferring intel over to your commanders. In exchange we will purches from you and your allies. I must say I am pleased to see we can stay.... civil."

Aurelia smiled. "Civility is what I prize above almost everything. Now that we have concluded matters, I wish you well in your mission to overthrow the tyranny of the Sith. Good day, gentlemen."

The Chancellor cut the link and returned to her desk. She felt that she had gain a potential irritant for the Sith at minimal cost.

The link to the Chancellor went dead. He was glad that they could come to an agreement. He turend towards the General and said "Well it looks like we will have to start some missions. We need to make sure that the Republic hears about it though. What do you think are next move should be?"

Kodiak Mosthal

K
Kodiak turned to his friend and gave a smirk. "We begin preparations for war. We will send recon droids and scouts to find a good starting point to begin the invasion. I want you to start gathering your forces. I think we start off by taking some uncontrolled planets (OOC: Dominion), do you have any in mind?"

Darren thought about their current postion. He was considering just taking Rhee and a few other troops to scout out a planet for them to take. "We sould take a planet that would give usa trading advantage and a stratgic advantage. We should ether scout Rutan or Javin. Ether one of them would give us a tradintg and strategic advantage. The only question that i would have about them is which planet gives us the most resorces?"

Kodiak Mosthal

K
"Javin was once a prosperous Mugaari colony, boasting a population of Mugaari only second to their homeworld of Mugaar. Along with the other Mugaari planets, Javin prospered from Republic traders, trading directly with the Mugaari, for both Mugaari products as well as trade hoods from the Nothoiin and Lutrillian inhabitants of the region which would later come to be known as the "Greater Javin" region of the galaxy. The Mugaari controlled it directly and had complete control over the trade. However, the Mugaari control over the region was threatened by Republic scouts and traders who sought to eliminate the Mugaari middlemen, and trade directly with the Nothoiins and Lutrillians." Kodiak knew more about galactic history then anyone. Even the lesser known planets.

Darren thought for a second and said "So what do you think what would happen if we were to take it? Would the Republic hate us or love us more if we did take the planet over?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom