Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Building a podracer

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Tag: Jax Thio Jax Thio
Wearing: Outfit
After their talk on Ossus about podracing and the offer that followed from Jax, Valery had first traveled back home to get ready to help him build the podracer. They didn't have much time for it, but she was quite confident that they'd be able to pull it off. So after changing into some more casual clothing that really made her look like a member of the NJO, Valery grabbed her ship and made her way over to Coruscant.
The two had decided to meet at the ruins of the Temple, and travel to his garage in the lower levels from there, so that's where she was heading towards. Part of her found it strange that he had his garage there, but it was likely cheaper and closer to where he'd be able to get the parts that he needed. So she didn't blame him for having the garage down there.
She just hoped it wasn't too deep down, where the real troublemakers of the Coruscant underworld lived.
A few hours passed and after taking a taxi from the spaceport, Valery finally made her way over to the ruined Temple, where she waited for Jax inside one of the halls that had already been restored. There were some other Jedi present, mostly artisans who were rebuilding the Temple, but she had found herself a mostly quiet spot to wait for his arrival.
n0m34qi.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, Eyepatch
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Even though there was a war going on, it felt good to unwind every now and then. Jairdain Jairdain had advised Jax to take some time off to clear his mind, if he threw himself into every battle then Jax would lose a part of himself. Though Jax didn't take Jair's advice during the Stygnan Campaign, he decided to do so during the war against the Brotherhood. So far It turned out to be refreshing, Jax spent most of his off time creating Podracing events the sport he loved. While also building Podracers for clients including his friend, Valery Noble.

While on his way to Courscant, Jax created a blueprint for what he wanted Valery's Podracer to look like. Something simple and safe, one that can help Valery finish the race. Those kinds of Podracers were rare because the racers were often bold enough to add dangerous albeit useful items on their racers such as ignition fluids, enhanced turbines, or in some cases a flamethrower on their pods. However, the flamethrower has quickly become banned on the circuits. The Jedi Master flew his speeder past the always busy traffic lanes of Courscant heading straight for the Jedi Temple. Sure, he probably got tagged for a ticket by the Courscant Police Force but it's always funny they're quick to react to small infractions than they are to drug trafficking. Then again, it's easier to slap a person for infraction than it is for drugs.

Jax had some music blasting in his speeder, it was a punk rock group that he listened to as a kid. He had the volume on max as he wordlessly sang along with the song. While he did so, Jax approached the entrance of the temple, it looked much better than the last he was here, but it was still needed some repairs, but it was progress. The Jedi Master sensed Valery waiting for him at the bottom, and he speed towards her location. "Hey Val!" Jax chuckled pressing a button to open the passenger door. "Get in! I got the schematics ready for you to look over!"

n0m34qi.png
Leaning back against a pillar, Valery closed her eyes and took a moment to just enjoy the fresh air and peaceful silence of the Temple. There was so much going on in her life that made her feel extremely tired, so taking some time here and there to relax and not worry about anything was crucial. Her family and her friends encouraged her to do it more, but she had never been one to spend much time relaxing.
Always working, always fighting, always helping people.
But today, the plan was to focus on something that could help her develop a new hobby, even if she wouldn't be able to do it often. The idea of podracing was interesting and regardless of where this new little journey took her, she felt some excitement just in giving it a fair shot.
Some minutes of being lost in her thoughts passed when she eventually heard a speeder approaching. A familiar voice called out to her and she opened her eyes to greet Jax with a warm smile, "Good to see you again, Jax." Valery said before she moved to get inside the vehicle.
She sat down in the passenger seat and turned her gaze to him, "I'm quite excited to see what you came up with. Will it be difficult to build or is it something a bit more standard?"
n0m34qi.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

Valery's words were garbled due to the music playing on the radio. Jax fiddled with the knob trying to get it to turn down the volume. His dark cheeks became red as he struggled with the knob, he forgot he had problems with this radio knob. Sometimes the damn thing won't work properly, he'll need to find a new one soon. "Sorry about that Val!" Jax chuckled nervously spinning the small knob to the point where it finally turned down the volume though only a small bit. "I don't often get passengers in my ride! Besides this radio is busted."

It felt good to actually have some down time to spend with a new friend. Jax eagerly thrusted the blueprints onto Valery's chest. "You like it?" Jax asked. "This bad boy is equipped with twin Radon-Ulzer engines. The good thing about these babies is that they are safe and reliable. I plan on modifying the fuel injection system to give your Pod more thrust. Also made it so your Pod can have maximum maneuverability especially while turning. There were many a great racer who died because their turning system sucks."

R.e6fed469790a6b07aeed8a7c300335bc

A new song began to play while Jax smiled. "We're heading to my garage." Jax said. "It's hidden in the lower levels filled with many parts and Podracing memorabilia. I think you'll like it!"

n0m34qi.png
Sitting down in the passenger seat, Valery squinted a little and brought up her hands to keep her ears protected against the loud music. She was expecting it to be turned down so they could talk, but it seemed he struggled to lower the volume for a little bit. It brought a smirk to Valery's face, who noticed his embarrassment when it finally did quiet down a bit.
"It's alright but might want to fix that radio if we're going to your garage anyway," she smirked, clearly joking. If he rarely had passengers inside the speeder, she understood why it hadn't really been a priority.
Valery then blinked as he thrust the blueprints towards her, and opened them up to take a good look. The design was incredibly sexy to her, and from what he was explaining, it seemed that the podracer was going to be built using some good parts. More speed, good maneuverability, and reliability? It brought a grin to Valery's face.
"This podracer looks fantastic, Jax. And you have all the parts for it already?" If so, he had been able to collect everything really quickly. But then again, he was really involved in the whole racing world, so it wasn't too surprising.
"The lower levels huh? Probably cheaper to have the garage there?" she was curious as to why he had his garage there, and also just how deep down they were going. The lower levels got more dangerous the further one went down, after all.
n0m34qi.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

The radio played another different song and Jax's head began to rhythmically bounce against the beat. Even though Jax had problems with the radio, at least the volume wasn't obnoxiously loud this time. "It's only the fucking knob that's wonky Val," Jax chuckled gently patting his radio as if it was his own child. "I keep forgetting to fix the damn thing."

In fact, it's been a while since Jax last used his speeder. He bought it from a junk dealer in the lower levels of Coruscant a decade ago. Jax loved his speeder, and he took it everywhere on Coruscant. "This bad boy here Val," Jax said. "Is an old school Sorsub speeder 3000. It's average speeder but I modified to go 0-200 in 3 minutes. He may not look pretty but he can fly."

He chuckled. "There's not a part that you can't find in my garage!" Jax said. "If it's related to Podracing, then I have it Val not only it's cheaper to afford a Garage in the lower levels but depending on the location, you can prevent prying eyes from seeing your stuff. It's a major problem in Podracing now and days and it's something that we're trying to stomp."

n0m34qi.png
Valery rolled her eyes briefly at his comment regarding the broken volume knob, but a smirk came through when she saw him bopping his head along to the music. While it wasn't the type of music that she'd typically listen or sing along to, the rhythm was catchy so she found herself tapping her own foot to the beat as well.
"It's quite alright, I was just teasing." she said with a smile while she listened to him talk about the speeder and how fast it could accelerate. She didn't know much about speeder types and what was considered good or bad — she just enjoyed the freedom and feeling of driving fast and furious.
He then explained why had his garage in the lower levels, and it made a lot more sense. Competition could drive people to extremes to spy or sabotage on each other, especially in a sport like this, so it was likely a good call. "Ah, that makes more sense to me. Have you had issues with it in the past? Or have you been able to avoid trouble?"
"The idea of people spying and especially sabotaging seems rather scary, considering the speeds that podracers travel at."
n0m34qi.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"Podracing is a highly competitive sport," Jax said as he began his descant down the lower levels of Coruscant. "Though I love Podracing, I'm not blind to the fact that many the Podracers I look up to were dirtbags. We're talking cheaters, assassins, spice dealers, or just downright sociopaths who once went on killing sprees."

The radio began to change to a tune that Jax loved, bobbing his head Jax cranked the broken knob. "Sorry Val," Jax said. "I just love this song! But anyway yeah! Podracing is fucking dirty and yes I had my Pod sabotaged on more than one occasion. Last time some Dug planted explosives inside my Pod and during the race it detonated. I had some 2nd degree burns and had to spend 4 months in a Bacta Tank."

Not Jax's finest hour but at least he got the bastard who did it to him and as of today, he was still in prison. "We're almost there Val," Jax chuckled as they landed near the garage. As soon as Jax turned off his speeder he turned to Valery. "So," Jax smirked. "Can you keep a secret? Because if you can, you are about to witness something the Galaxy never knew exists. Inside my garage Val lies the most Podracing memorabilia that's ever been collected in the history of the Galaxy!"

n0m34qi.png
When he began to explain more the nature of podracing, Valery blinked and nodded along quietly. She knew it was dangerous, as any racing sport was to some extent, but it was more than the high speeds and difficult tracks that brought risk to the racers. Some of the participants apparently had questionable backgrounds or were highly dangerous people.
"No worries," Valery said with a smile as he turned up the music when a favorite song of his came up, but she was still mostly focused on what he was telling her. Several months in a bacta tank because someone sabotaged him? She began to wonder if it was really a good idea for her to get into it even more.
"This does sound dangerous, and I can't really afford to get injured too badly over it." she chuckled. "I don't think my family will appreciate it if I join a race with a group of murderers in it either. So I'll have to be careful, and I don't quite know how often I'll be getting into it," she admitted honestly. There was also the fact that much of her time was spent at the front or handling other Jedi business, so it was unlikely that she would participate in every race.
Valery's gaze then turned forward as the speeder came to a stop and its engines powered off, "Oh I can keep a secret. Although I do hope you're not going to ask me to keep something illegal secret." she joked with a bit of a smirk.
n0m34qi.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"Neither can I Val," Jax said. "We're both Jedi and all that jazz but I can't stop myself from Podracing it's too damn fun." He could feel that Valery was excited by the prospect of racing as well. Good to have Jax have a convert to the craziest sport in the Galaxy. "Now let's turn back the locks....." The Jedi Master chuckled. "And let's enter a land of imagination!"

As soon as Jax said that the garage opened up to large room of Podracing memorabilia some dating thousands of years ago. Posters, books, old Podracing engines that belong to all-time greats were placed inside the garage. "Welcome to my humble abode Val," Jax smirked. "Marvel in its glory."

n0m34qi.png
She chuckled when he expressed just how fun this was to him, and why he couldn't stop because of it. Valery had always been a more traditional Jedi, which meant that there was little time for fun activities — she was drilled to focus solely on her training and duties as a Jedi. It's why she was still somewhat rigid to others, and maybe a bit too formal.
"I do enjoy going for a drive, so I think I'll like this too," she smirked and followed after him into his garage.
Immediately, her eyes widened a little at just how much stuff he had, and again she thought back to all her old lessons. Things really had changed a lot for the Jedi.
"This must have taken you forever to collect..." Valery commented as her eyes shifted away from the large engines and back to Jax, "But it is very impressive and it seems you've made it your little place to relax, hm?" she smiled and stepped further into the garage so she could take a good look at everything.
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom