Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build Your Star Wars Dream Team

This is an idea I picked up an adapted from a meme I saw recently. Basically, the idea is for you to build the best possible team out of characters from all the Star Wars film/TV properties (not including the Mandalorian, but only because that particular property isn't finished yet.) To give the game structure, and prevent people from unfairly stacking the deck in ways like, say, only picking all the most badass Sith or ONLY picking Original Trilogy characters, I've added three simple rules:

1. One character from each main property cluster (Prequels, Originals, Sequels, Clone Wars, Rebels.). For the sake of keeping things simple, Rogue One is folded into Originals, since it's only one movie and fits well into that part of the timeline. Solo folds into Prequels for similar reasons. Characters that are in multiple property clusters only count for their first proper appearance in the canon timeline (Ex. Anakin is a Prequels choice, not a Clone Wars choice).
2. To make sure the teams are balanced, you get one character of each general type (Jedi, Sith, Non-Force, Mando, Droid). This means if you pick a Sith from the Original Trilogy, you can't pick a Sith from any other property.
3. Characters that change nature or name can only be chosen once, since they're still essentially the same person. Basically, you can have Anakin Skywalker the Jedi or Darth Vader The Sith Lord, but you can't have both.

So, how about it? Who's YOUR team, and why?

Last edited:
Darth Maul, Luke Skywalker, The Mandalorian, Commander Gree, and The imperial Spy droid that looks like a protocol droid but is a war bot.

First of all I took the mandalorian to be in the sequel's, because the new republic was formed and such, does that make sense?

I chose Luke and Maul because they are awsome, and I chose the mandalorian because he is awsome.
And I know Gree didn't have that much on screen time but I like him.
Last I had to chose a droid from rebels, so I chose a Imperial spy droid. You may not remember the episode but the droid found Phoenix Squadron's base and almost destroyed it. I just liked the droid's concept because it looks like a simple protocol droid, until it turns into a war machine.

The Inexhaustible
Thrawn, Ackbar, Statura, Yularen, Trench

Why?

I choose these people because of the fact that they are (for the most part) dope tacticans and Admirals. Thrawn speaks for himself as does Trench. Statura was a Admiral (Honestly, it would've been cooler if he took control of the Resistance when Leia had her swim in space) in the Resistance and one of thier best Tacticans next to Ackbar. Yularen was just an absolute delight in the Clone Wars.

Together with Thaelius, they would DOMINATE

Personally, I would fold Solo into the Rebels category, as it doesn't fit as neatly with the general aesthetic of the Prequels given that the Empire exists in force there.

So the most powerful, huh? Seems pretty subjective, so I'm going to try the most unique take that I can here rather than go for the obvious choices wherever possible.

I will be selecting a Dark Sider, a Light Sider, a Neutral Sider, a Non-Force User(Mando/etc.), and a Droid I guess.
I will have to select only once from the following properties: Clone Wars, Prequels, Rebels, OT, and Sequels I guess
I will also be drawing from Legends material since it was not indicated that this was Canon exclusive, despite being film exclusive. (i.e., the feats of characters within the films will draw from Legend materials and Canon, otherwise we have very flat characters with no feats to speak of in the films)

In order of appearance:
  1. Chancellor Palpatine (Politician, Prequel Trilogy) / Alternate Pick if this conflicts with rule 2: General Grievous (Non-Force User, Prequel Trilogy)
    • latest
      or Alternate:
      gmUgYvQf.png
  2. The Son (Dark Sider, Clone Wars Cartoon)
    • ef677f8a493a141c02fa3ee674b33adf24af43ac_hq.jpg
  3. The Bendu (Neutral Sider, Rebels Cartoon)
    • Bendu-grows-angry-from-the-Star-Wars-Rebels-episode-Zero-Hour.jpg
  4. IG-88 (Droid, Original Trilogy)
    • e83b2a338f576c1861cab245de11a051bba3f730_128.jpg
  5. Force Ghost Yoda (Light Sider, Sequel Trilogy)
    • QC5VWVuGSyQUM8IZjvHGSBWxt5vQ2ZgYlNzd-Ul5oq4.gif

Now for the why:
  1. In the Prequel trilogy, I chose the most politically powerful figure I could, in order to command vast armies at the time of conflict. My first pick would be Chancellor Palpatine, specifically the politician that does not utilize the force when acting as this function. Now, I know however this might be in violation of rule two, as while I selected him for political purposes, due to his secret nature as a Sith Lord it may not be allowed give my later picks. So in case of this, I have an alternate pick for General Grievous, the commander of the Separatist Droid Armies, as well as a fearsome combatant in his own right.
  2. In the Clone Wars Cartoon, I picked The Son. Need I say more? The literal near-godlike epitome of the Dark Side. It is hard to argue a more powerful dark sider given the universal nature of his existence, and the havoc he would have caused had he escaped Mortis.
  3. In the Rebels Cartoon, I picked the single most powerful force user to appear in the series, The Bendu, who just happened to be neutrally aligned.
  4. In the Original Trilogy, my pick was a bit more tricky. Considering that I have already used up my Darksiders, and significant political figures, and I'm saving my lightside for something else, I didn't have a massive pool to draw from. I figured also that most people in the OT after selecting for Force Users in other eras would likely choose Boba Fett, I decided to against the grain and choose a different Bounty Hunter. Why IG-88 specifically, though? Why, because in Legends material the droid was capable of implanting its intelligence into the Death Star and control it. You know, before it blew up. That capability though seems like a very useful one, and thus makes it my pick for this era.
  5. In the Sequel Trilogy, there were almost no characters I seriously wanted to include, all except for the Force Ghosts that show up, however. Now I tossed the idea back and forth between choosing Force Ghost Luke or Force Ghost Yoda, and ultimately decided that between the two feats they demonstrated beyond the grave (Summoning Lightning vs Holding an Object), I gave the win to Force Ghost Yoda, the Master Jedi of 900 years and paragon of the Light.

Here's how I see it breaking down:
Against some common threat, these five would come together in some capacity to banish it. It requires multiple capabilities that each of these five present to the table. The non-force wielding entities (Politician Palpatine/General Grievous, and IG-88) will use their capabilities to summon an army (Clones or Droids depending), and IG-88 will utilize its abilities to take control of any mechanical constructs which pose a threat, and assassinate any mundane threats it can reach otherwise.​
Meanwhile, a Cabal of the Force will be called between an adequately freed Son, an unbounded Bendu, and the free spirit of Force Ghost Yoda. They shall convene, each with equal votes, with the Bendu acting as an impromptu "leader" given the nature of his swing vote (Light and Dark are likely to be opposed, but the Bendu is in the middle, and may sway in either direction freely). These three figures of the force shall give directives to the political head of the armies in order to accomplish their shared goal, while the three most powerful force users will combat whatever obstacle they are trying to overcome through mystical means. The Son likely through brute offensive force, Force Ghost Yoda through guidance of the living and the occasional natural intervention (asking lightning to strike, etc.), and the Bendu shall support both of these objectives in some combination randomly.​
The Son may pose a challenge to this operation, however, given that my political picks (Either Palpatine or General Grievous) are of a vengeful dark nature, and the manipulative side of the Son may cause a conflict of interest. The Cabal may vote on a method of action and provide it to the political entity, but the Son may manipulate the political entity to conduct his vision instead given their stronger connection to him. FG Yoda and the Bendu may have to active intervene in these cases to prevent catastrophe.​
What do you think, how'd I do? LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh)

Personally, I would fold Solo into the Rebels category, as it doesn't fit as neatly with the general aesthetic of the Prequels given that the Empire exists in force there.

So the most powerful, huh? Seems pretty subjective, so I'm going to try the most unique take that I can here rather than go for the obvious choices wherever possible.

I will be selecting a Dark Sider, a Light Sider, a Neutral Sider, a Non-Force User(Mando/etc.), and a Droid I guess.
I will have to select only once from the following properties: Clone Wars, Prequels, Rebels, OT, and Sequels I guess
I will also be drawing from Legends material since it was not indicated that this was Canon exclusive, despite being film exclusive. (i.e., the feats of characters within the films will draw from Legend materials and Canon, otherwise we have very flat characters with no feats to speak of in the films)

In order of appearance:
  1. Chancellor Palpatine (Politician, Prequel Trilogy) / Alternate Pick if this conflicts with rule 2: General Grievous (Non-Force User, Prequel Trilogy)
    • latest
      or Alternate:
      gmUgYvQf.png
  2. The Son(Dark Sider, Clone Wars Cartoon)
    • ef677f8a493a141c02fa3ee674b33adf24af43ac_hq.jpg
  3. The Bendu(Neutral Sider, Rebels Cartoon)
    • Bendu-grows-angry-from-the-Star-Wars-Rebels-episode-Zero-Hour.jpg
  4. IG-88(Droid, Original Trilogy)
    • e83b2a338f576c1861cab245de11a051bba3f730_128.jpg
  5. Force Ghost Yoda(Light Sider, Sequel Trilogy)
    • QC5VWVuGSyQUM8IZjvHGSBWxt5vQ2ZgYlNzd-Ul5oq4.gif

Now for the why:
  1. In the Prequel trilogy, I chose the most politically powerful figure I could, in order to command vast armies at the time of conflict. My first pick would be Chancellor Palpatine, specifically the politician that does not utilize the force when acting as this function. Now, I know however this might be in violation of rule two, as while I selected him for political purposes, due to his secret nature as a Sith Lord it may not be allowed give my later picks. So in case of this, I have an alternate pick for General Grievous, the commander of the Separatist Droid Armies, as well as a fearsome combatant in his own right.
  2. In the Clone Wars Cartoon, I picked The Son. Need I say more? The literal near-godlike epitome of the Dark Side. It is hard to argue a more powerful dark sider given the universal nature of his existence, and the havoc he would have caused had he escaped Mortis.
  3. In the Rebels Cartoon, I picked the single most powerful force user to appear in the series, The Bendu, who just happened to be neutrally aligned.
  4. In the Original Trilogy, my pick was a bit more tricky. Considering that I have already used up my Darksiders, and significant political figures, and I'm saving my lightside for something else, I didn't have a massive pool to draw from. I figured also that most people in the OT after selecting for Force Users in other eras would likely choose Boba Fett, I decided to against the grain and choose a different Bounty Hunter. Why IG-88 specifically, though? Why, because in Legends material the droid was capable of implanting its intelligence into the Death Star and control it. You know, before it blew up. That capability though seems like a very useful one, and thus makes it my pick for this era.
  5. In the Sequel Trilogy, there were almost no characters I seriously wanted to include, all except for the Force Ghosts that show up, however. Now I tossed the idea back and forth between choosing Force Ghost Luke or Force Ghost Yoda, and ultimately decided that between the two feats they demonstrated beyond the grave (Summoning Lightning vs Holding an Object), I gave the win to Force Ghost Yoda, the Master Jedi of 900 years and paragon of the Light.

Here's how I see it breaking down:
Against some common threat, these five would come together in some capacity to banish it. It requires multiple capabilities that each of these five present to the table. The non-force wielding entities (Politician Palpatine/General Grievous, and IG-88) will use their capabilities to summon an army (Clones or Droids depending), and IG-88 will utilize its abilities to take control of any mechanical constructs which pose a threat, and assassinate any mundane threats it can reach otherwise.​
Meanwhile, a Cabal of the Force will be called between an adequately freed Son, an unbounded Bendu, and the free spirit of Force Ghost Yoda. They shall convene, each with equal votes, with the Bendu acting as an impromptu "leader" given the nature of his swing vote (Light and Dark are likely to be opposed, but the Bendu is in the middle, and may sway in either direction freely). These three figures of the force shall give directives to the political head of the armies in order to accomplish their shared goal, while the three most powerful force users will combat whatever obstacle they are trying to overcome through mystical means. The Son likely through brute offensive force, Force Ghost Yoda through guidance of the living and the occasional natural intervention (asking lightning to strike, etc.), and the Bendu shall support both of these objectives in some combination randomly.​
The Son may pose a challenge to this operation, however, given that my political picks (Either Palpatine or General Grievous) are of a vengeful dark nature, and the manipulative side of the Son may cause a conflict of interest. The Cabal may vote on a method of action and provide it to the political entity, but the Son may manipulate the political entity to conduct his vision instead given their stronger connection to him. FG Yoda and the Bendu may have to active intervene in these cases to prevent catastrophe.​
What do you think, how'd I do? LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh)

Honestly, I think you're cheating a little bit with some of your choices, such as Force Ghost Yoda and the Bendu. It gives you a third Force user, allows you to ignore ACTUAL sequel characters, and ignores the Mando category entirely, I'd also opt for going for Grievous over Palpatine, because he's...not actually a non-Force user. At BEST he's hiding his Dark side tendencies, not denying them to take on a new alignment entirely.
Other than that, I don't object ENTIRELY to using Legends feats to help supplement your choice, but you should be able to justify your choices using the TV/movie stuff entirely.

Thrawn, Ackbar, Statura, Yularen, Trench

Why?

I choose these people because of the fact that they are (for the most part) dope tacticans and Admirals. Thrawn speaks for himself as does Trench. Statura was a Admiral (Honestly, it would've been cooler if he took control of the Resistance when Leia had her swim in space) in the Resistance and one of thier best Tacticans next to Ackbar. Yularen was just an absolute delight in the Clone Wars.

Together with Thaelius, they would DOMINATE

And you just stacked your deck with non-force users from each franchise (double-dipping from Clone Wars to boot) because you favor tacticians! Seriously, what's the point of rules if you're just going to ignore them? :p

1. One character from each main property cluster (Prequels, Originals, Sequels, Clone Wars, Rebels.). For the sake of keeping things simple, Rogue One is folded into Originals, since it's only one movie and fits well into that part of the timeline. Solo folds into Prequels for similar reasons. Characters that are in multiple property clusters only count for their first proper appearance in the canon timeline (Ex. Anakin is a Prequels choice, not a Clone Wars choice).
2. To make sure the teams are balanced, you get one character of each general type (Jedi, Sith, Non-Force, Mando, Droid). This means if you pick a Sith from the Original Trilogy, you can't pick a Sith from any other property.

Honestly, I think you're cheating a little bit with some of your choices, such as Force Ghost Yoda and the Bendu. It gives you a third Force user, allows you to ignore ACTUAL sequel characters, and ignores the Mando category entirely, I'd also opt for going for Grievous over Palpatine, because he's...not actually a non-Force user. At BEST he's hiding his Dark side tendencies, not denying them to take on a new alignment entirely.
Other than that, I don't object ENTIRELY to using Legends feats to help supplement your choice, but you should be able to justify your choices using the TV/movie stuff entirely.

Emphasis mine on both.

I disagree with your assessment about the categories. I took "general type" to mean that each pick had to be distinct from the other choices selected, not that Jedi, Sith, Non-Force, Mando, and Droid were the only categories available. As to me, Mando and Non-Force are synonymous. Mando is a just a sub-type of Non-Force. Droids I felt are distinct though, as they are not organic, and so by definition cannot use the force, but doesn't fall into a subcategory of Non-Force Users. Also, Sith is restrictive, as the only Sith show in any of these films/TVs is a very short list. Opening up the list to Dark Siders allows for a greater variety of choices (Dathomiri witches comes to mind, they would not fit under any category you provided).

Additionally, since The Mandalorian is disallowed, you become extremely limited to what you can choose for such a category, for one simple reason: the only times that Mandalorians show up in the above sources, is Clone Wars and Rebels. Boba Fett and Jango Fett are not Mandalorians by word of George Lucas. Further more, now that I am realizing the full scope of rule two, even if Boba Fett counted as a Mandalorian, since his first appearance is in the Prequels as a child, the only Era in which he could be used as an option is the Prequels. Therefore, due to these constraints, the only way you could fulfill a Mandalorian category is by choosing a Mando EXCLUSIVELY in the Clone Wars, and Rebels series (prequels as well if you decided Boba/Jango Fett count). This means you are required to lose a Clone Wars or Rebels Series character (Prequel too), in order to fulfill that category.

I will however, grant you that Force Ghost Yoda might be cheating since his first appearance as a ghost is in ROTJ, so just substitute it for Force Ghost Luke and we're good UNLESS of course we're counting their first appearances to be in the Prequels, and Original Trilogy respectively, and that ONLY characters originating in the Sequel Trilogy count (discluding a whole host of characters ranging from Revived Palpatine, Ackbar, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C3PO, and of course Yoda). In which case my lightside choice is literally defaulted to Rey as there are no other Lightside force wielding characters in the trilogy that qualify (Ben Solo would count, if not for the fact he was a Dark Sider first).

So I stand by my choices based on first appearances of their iteration (first appearance of the selected disposition, such as first appearance of ghost luke vs first appearance of young luke vs first appearance of old luke, etc.), and that the General Types be distinct, not exact to what has been provided to us as an example.

So a revised list would look like this:
  1. General Grevious
  2. The Son
  3. The Bendu
  4. IG-88
  5. Force Ghost Luke

Prequels- Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi)
Original- Darth Vader (Sith)
Sequels- The Armorer (Mando)
Clone Wars- Captain Fordo (Non Force User)
Rebels- Spy Droid (Droid)

The Team​
Qui-Gon- I feel like Qui-Gon is one of the few, true Jedi in the galaxy. He does what he feels is right, what he thinks the Force says is right. One of the best Jedi IMO, so it's a shame that he had so little screen time.

Vader- Well, need I say more? It's frakking Vader, best Sith in the galaxy, past, present, and future. Every other Sith is based on him in some regard, he is the true Dark Lord of the Sith.

The Armorer- I choose the Armorer because she's not the obvious choice, that being the main character. She's a core part of the clan, as she is the one to make the armor, help assign missions, and look after the care of both the people and their weapons and armor.

Fordo- Captain Fordo is one of, if not the best ARC out there. He's extremely bada**, is one of the first ARCs we see, and also sets the standard and template for many other big characters. Along with that, he's more than a match for most people, and one of the very few(only 3 I think) people to have gained the Jaig Eyes in official Star Wars history, read ON SCREEN. The other 2 being Rex and that spec ops captain from the Clone Wars in that one episode.

Spy Droid- This is one of the cooler droids in Star Wars, particularly Rebels. It's unique, in both function and design, as most others in the series are general purpose, or something else. Here we have a specific purpose droid, but isn't 100% unique, proving that there are credible threats in the galaxy.

Explanation​
I believe that if all these characters were to come together, few things could truly stand against them. We have diplomacy and level headedness through Qui-Gon, power and a warrior via Vader, knowledge and armor via the Armorer, a tactician and warrior thanks to Fordo, and an infiltration agent and spy via the Spy Droid.

Extra Details/Explanation:
All these characters have been picked subjectively due to the rules. Some characters I would have preferred to pick, but could not due to the rules. IE a conflict of interest in their roles, when they first appeared, etc. Said characters listed as honorary mentions

Now to defend 2 things that would be the most obvious.
First, yes, yes. I know you said no Mandalorian because it's not finished. Sorry though, but I genuinely couldn't think of a character that I liked enough to put into this list. I don't hate any of them, but I don't like them all that much. The ones I would have wanted to put in would've conflicted with stated rules, such as first canon appearance, only one of so and so rank, etc.
Second, Fordo being here. Technically he is part of the Clone Wars, just the original series, and not the newer animated one. Thus, I feel like he's accurate to put in there, as it's the 'Clone Wars'. Was deciding between him and ARC-17, but we technically never see 17 on screen, only Fordo.

Honorable Mentions​
Obi-Wan- First canon appearance was in Originals, and I didn't want to replace Vader
Boba Fett- Would've been a second NFU person, also would have replaced Vader
Alpha 17- Never officially appeared on screen
Luke Skywalker- Couldn't pick him because his first canon appearance was in the Originals, so couldn't pick him anywhere else, and again, conflicts with Vader
The Mandalorian- Yeah I picked the Armorer, but the main character is an honorable mention since he's pretty awesome
Thrawn- Need I say more? It's Thrawn, genius extraordinaire, and a brilliant tactician. I couldn't pick him due to him being an NFU, thus conflicting with Fordo

Well then, that's my list said and done. Enjoy!

Prequels - Anakin (Sith) (Before he gets crispy)
Originals - Wedge Antilles (Non Force)
Sequels - Poe Dameron
Clone Wars - Bo-Katan Kryze
Rebels - Kanan Jarrus

Prequels: Roos Tarpals (Non-Force)

A distinguished military man, loyal to his people, his home and steadfast in his beliefs, even if it means sacrificing himself for the sake of the greater good. Roos Tarpals was basically one of those unsung heroes in both the prequels and the clone wars, but just with the single act of cornering General Grievous with a few men and some sticks, it is apparent that the guy had the balls and the brains to be among the greats of his generation. Though he has a bigger role (if even slightly) in the clone wars, I'd rather take his Prequels version as this one's younger and most likely more in his physical prime.

Originals: Obi-wan kenobi (The jedi)

One might argue this is quite possibly the weakest pick among the abundance of jedi, even among the three in the original trilogy, but Obi wan, despite his age was still a quick thinker, smart and witty as he had always been. I also denote that the books and the comics make short work of the "too old to fight" idea people seem to give him. Mind you, he was younger than both his own master qui-gon and dooku at their respective appearances in the franchise and the limitations of the on-screen tech did him no good (points out the brilliant fan remake of the darth vader vs obi wan fight on youtube). In this case I'd say wisdom, wit and courage give him the edge over the still fledgling luke and broken yoda.

Sequels: The man, the legend, the one sith Darth Sidious (the sith)

Ten minutes of screen time, still managed to outplay everyone. Simply said, this is the ramped up version of original trilogy palps, boosted in power and with his full might on display. Though my earlier picks would lack that raw power element, this one truly makes up for it, granting this team some necessary 'oomph', especially since it had to take extraordinarily gifted jedi TWICE to take him down.

Clone Wars: General Kalani (the droid)

Is there any other option, really?

A super tactical droid that managed to outlast its very creators, outplay several jedi and was terrifying to boot. This pick simply boosts the general level of intelligence and battlefield tactics that most of such teams seem to lack. A strong military and tactical genius with outstanding leadership qualities and surprising creativity for a droid make this member a must have to regulate and alter the strategy of the team whenever deemed necessary.

Rebels: Sabine Wren (The mando)

That one, unpredictable element any team needs. Sabine wren is my mando and rebels pick because of her determination, 'on-the-fly' attitude and her smarts. Though she may not be the toughest cookie out there, she can contend with the best of her generation and of her people. She knows the weaknesses and the strengths of her people better than almost anyone, is loyal and quick-witted, a near-perfect package if there was any.

Mace Windu: The Jedi
Poe Dameron: The Pilot
Sabine Wren: The Wild Card
Chirrut Îmwe: The Voice of Wisdom
Chewbacca: The Muscle, Co-Pilot and Engineer
K-S20: The Droid and the Other Muscle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom